Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JAlbertL']Did I miss something? Why is Walmart jacking up the price for the deluxe by $50 for online pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

As a Wal-Mart employee, the only way I know of right now to preorder a Wii U online is in a "bundle" which explains the increased cost. Pre ordering the system by itself is only being done in stores via the lay-away function. Stores are burning through their allocation, with many hitting their max this week(the new store by me has 31 and isn't even near capping yet though). Nintendo released to us some updated allocation, but it's mainly being spread amongst high volume stores.

EDIT: As I unintentionally explained before you even asked, many stores still have allocations of Wii-Us. Unfortunately there is no way for me to just print a list and share it as that list is constantly changing and I'd hate to send on a wild goose chase. Best bet is to walk in and try, until the store attempts to scan it and says sale not allowed..they don't know they have their allocation. Even if a previous order is cancelled, a Wii U will be shipped and just converted to regular freight.

[quote name='thundarr']My GameStop informed me that several other demos would be unlocked this week by the rep. Stay tuned...[/QUOTE]

Ooh Goodie!!! Though I won't get any work done once they do lol

[quote name='caponesgun']As a Wal-Mart employee, the only way I know of right now to preorder a Wii U online is in a "bundle" which explains the increased cost. Pre ordering the system by itself is only being done in stores via the lay-away function. Stores are burning through their allocation, with many hitting their max this week(the new store by me has 31 and isn't even near capping yet though). Nintendo released to us some updated allocation, but it's mainly being spread amongst high volume stores.

EDIT: As I unintentionally explained before you even asked, many stores still have allocations of Wii-Us. Unfortunately there is no way for me to just print a list and share it as that list is constantly changing and I'd hate to send on a wild goose chase. Best bet is to walk in and try, until the store attempts to scan it and says sale not allowed..they don't know they have their allocation. Even if a previous order is cancelled, a Wii U will be shipped and just converted to regular freight.[/QUOTE]

Are you guys actually holding the down the product for the layaway? has it been told to the many employees?

Or should I expect a YYMV for other stores?

hope Walmart does this smoothly.

m.target.com/p/wii-u-32gb-deluxe-set-console-black-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-14174037?ref=tgt_adv_xasd0001&AFID=Performics_NowInStock_0004cd58209573ac0ae08212040025b4&LNM=Primary

Target mobile site is in stock for regular price. I just ordered 2 deluxe. Make sure you use you red card for free shipping and 5 percent off.

I'm really starting to think these will be in abundant supply, which is really odd for a console launch anymore. Nintendo is trying to cushion the blow on a less than stellar financial report so who knows. It would be nice for everyone who wants one to get one for a change.

[quote name='therealdanhill']My Wal Mart still has some WiiU Preorders left, but they said it's only one sku. If I order it, how can I be guaranteed it will be the premium version? Does anyone have some insight on this?[/QUOTE]

Do you know what a UPC# is? Serious question.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Do you know what a UPC# is? Serious question.[/QUOTE]

Wii U Deluxe Console Item 550924127. UPC 45496880866 $349.96

Says the maximum quantity has been exceed or some other such nonsense. Guess the deal is dead.

Ah well, back to my "Wait till I see it on a store shelf" stance.

Just curious has anyone pre-ordered a basic $299 model anywhere?

It looks to me like everyone (resellers and gamers) are going for the deluxe because it is a much better value, but there may be a ton of basic systems on launch.

I think Nintendo should have made the basic $249 or included some type of mini games ala wiisports with the basic model at 299. I think they really underestimated the huge importance wiisports was on the success of the wii. Honestly it was the first system that you could open the box and have 5 different fun games to play alone or multiplayer.

The 299 just does not make sense and that is why they are imo probably not selling as well. The 349 includes a real $60 game and the charger which is $20 plus 24gb more of ssd memory, easily a $40 value. That's why I think it would have evened the ordering out if the basic was $249.

But for some of us that may be bad news as the basic's will be widely available for 299 and the deluxe will only be available 3rd party for $500+.

[quote name='MrBoss']What would of been crazy is if Hurricane Sandy showed up during the launch and wiped out half of the stock![/QUOTE]

Sandy could be an impact honestly as the container ships holding the launch units are arriving now and are experiencing delays as Elizabeth seaport is not in good shape.

These items are set to arrive at retail locations on the 14-16th. That means a company like Walmart for example needs to have these in there distribution centers by the end of next week so they may break down the shipments for each 4600 stores. There could be come delays from Sandy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the early pre-orders were so heavily towards the Deluxe that Nintendo concentrated on pumping out Deluxe models after that and the Basic got put on the backburner. You figure the Deluxe is a better value for consumers... but also a better money maker for Nintendo (some cheap memory, some cheap plastic stands, and a cheap 1st party game).

That's not what I'm saying. Producing extra copies of the game is cheap. All it's costing them is some plastic and probably a minimal royalty to the programming team. And it's not cannibalizing any Mario sales. I'd bet Nintendo makes at least an extra $20 off the Deluxe.

[quote name='druggie218']Just curious has anyone pre-ordered a basic $299 model anywhere?

It looks to me like everyone (resellers and gamers) are going for the deluxe because it is a much better value, but there may be a ton of basic systems on launch.

I think Nintendo should have made the basic $249 or included some type of mini games ala wiisports with the basic model at 299. I think they really underestimated the huge importance wiisports was on the success of the wii. Honestly it was the first system that you could open the box and have 5 different fun games to play alone or multiplayer.

The 299 just does not make sense and that is why they are imo probably not selling as well. The 349 includes a real $60 game and the charger which is $20 plus 24gb more of ssd memory, easily a $40 value. That's why I think it would have evened the ordering out if the basic was $249.

But for some of us that may be bad news as the basic's will be widely available for 299 and the deluxe will only be available 3rd party for $500+.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they are just trying to compensate some of the cost that is going to occur selling the Deluxe model or they are just trying to cater to the people that think "for $50 less I can have this." or a mix of both. I do agree though, a demo disc would have been nice.

[quote name='druggie218']Sandy could be an impact honestly as the container ships holding the launch units are arriving now and are experiencing delays as Elizabeth seaport is not in good shape.

These items are set to arrive at retail locations on the 14-16th. That means a company like Walmart for example needs to have these in there distribution centers by the end of next week so they may break down the shipments for each 4600 stores. There could be come delays from Sandy.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea how the seafaring lanes or even where it's coming from after leaving it's home port (I'm guessing) China but your forgetting the West Coast and even Gulf Coast have many ports.

Still 80% of EVERYTHING imported into this country goes through Elizabeth,NJ. There is a very high likelihood that most of the electronics from China goes there first. Including the 2 million Wiiu's. After they clear customs they are sent to a Distribution Center for each individual retailer and then onto their stores, this takes several weeks to coordinate. Most of the Launch units are on US soil or on container ships right now that should have arrived in NJ this week. They have to clear customs by the 5th in order to hit the launch date. So it is gonna tight, could reduce some numbers if only for a few days to a week.

[quote name='druggie218']Still 80% of EVERYTHING imported into this country goes through Elizabeth,NJ. There is a very high likelihood that most of the electronics from China goes there first. Including the 2 million Wiiu's. After they clear customs they are sent to a Distribution Center for each individual retailer and then onto their stores, this takes several weeks to coordinate. Most of the Launch units are on US soil or on container ships right now that should have arrived in NJ this week. They have to clear customs by the 5th in order to hit the launch date. So it is gonna tight, could reduce some numbers if only for a few days to a week.[/QUOTE]
That's just not true. A quick google will take you the the US government's page on Transportation Statistics which states that the #1 source for import and export in the nation is JFK International, followed closely by the Port of Los Angeles, and the Port of Long Beach. Perhaps what you're thinking is that 80% of the Port of New York/Jersey's business is importing, rather than exporting, but as far as everything that comes into the country they only make up a small percentage.

Port of Seattle is where one would expect these to come in from. One can drive from the shipyards to the Nintendo of America campus in about 15 minutes. I wouldn't expect Sandy to eat your new Nintendo.

[quote name='druggie218']Still 80% of EVERYTHING imported into this country goes through Elizabeth,NJ. There is a very high likelihood that most of the electronics from China goes there first. Including the 2 million Wiiu's. After they clear customs they are sent to a Distribution Center for each individual retailer and then onto their stores, this takes several weeks to coordinate. Most of the Launch units are on US soil or on container ships right now that should have arrived in NJ this week. They have to clear customs by the 5th in order to hit the launch date. So it is gonna tight, could reduce some numbers if only for a few days to a week.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's a large port and probably services most of the NE, but I doubt it will have any impact on the Wii U launch. It's not even listed in the top 100 ports in the US on wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ports_in_the_United_States#List

Might be a fluke.
Last week bought/reserved the last $1 Target Deluxe preorder.
Tried the next day to get one more at the next nearest location and was told sold out of that SKU until a location 30+ miles away and I passed.

Today I was in store #1 that I was able to get one at and found hanging 2 more Deluxe cards.
Reserved one more for $5 this time (same staff member that rang the first one) He remembered me as I was very concerned that the $1 should be $5....

So, now that we see a small window come up at target.com today, might be worth checking your local store sooner than later...

GL

I went to my three local stores during lunch today and they were all still out. Good thing I was able to snag a couple online at Target.com today thanks to some awesome posters.

"New Jersey is a major seaport state with the largest seaport in the US, located in Elizabeth. Nearly 80% of what our nation imports comes through Elizabeth Seaport first."

is what I was quoting, but hey I'm wrong as much as Im right

Doesn't seem very efficient to ship Wii's from China to a NJ port. Maybe the real quote was 80% of spray tan is imported through Elizabeth Seaport.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I haven't touched my Wii in years (not what you think) but I'm very excited on what the Wii U might bring in the future.[/QUOTE] Not even for Skyward Sword? You missed out!

[quote name='goku2057']I went to my three local stores during lunch today and they were all still out. Good thing I was able to snag a couple online at Target.com today thanks to some awesome posters.[/QUOTE]

Link? just went and didn't see any.

Well luckily I already got one yesterday but was gonna by another one has backup and give the second away on launch day if i were to get my initial one from Target. We will see...

Is the Target Mobile site deal for the Wii U Deluxe dead?

Says "limited quantity. you may only purchase 3 of this item." when I add to cart and can't progress from that point.

[quote name='ProppaT']I'm sure it's a large port and probably services most of the NE, but I doubt it will have any impact on the Wii U launch. It's not even listed in the top 100 ports in the US on wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ports_in_the_United_States#List[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that particular port, but if you look at import routes from mainland China to the United States, the largest destination from China for electronics is in fact the ports of New York and New Jersey. In fact, most Chinese shipping lines don't even service the Port of Long Beach/Los Angeles which would be the largest West Coast port. I guess it's just more efficient to take the extra time to go through the Panama Canal, perhaps because there is far more truck and rail connectivity in the NorthEast versus Southern California.

[quote name='Rosterking']Wow, I can't wait to see the reviews of the WiiU. I was sorely disappointed with the online capabilities of the Wii.[/QUOTE]

I'm staying away from all reviews till I play it. Don't want to ruin the experience. :)

Played the wii u today at best buy and was immediately put off by the controller tablet. I was like wtf is this. Also the console is like 10 ft long. I was like "Jesus"

Have you guys seen this awesome comparison video?

EDIT: dont know why it posted twice

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO6yvBnxkB0&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[quote name='drakma676']Played the wii u today at best buy and was immediately put off by the controller tablet. I was like wtf is this. Also the console is like 10 ft long. I was like "Jesus"[/QUOTE]

I liked it, and ive played it a few times, once at Nintendo world store, once at best buy and twice at a gamestop, i thought it was pretty comfortable and light and a unique experience, but i also have an ipad so i might just be used to holding something of the similar size.

Also while in gamestop, i chatted up one of the employess that the gf spotted because she went to school with him and he informed me that preorders were guaranteed for launch and that they know when theyre gonna start getting them in. He said as of now that particular store was barely getting enough for people who preordered and his coworker was disappointed that they werent doing a midnight launch so he could get his.

I also learned that the waiting list is full and they are no longer taking names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back