Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized that the AC adapter plug plugs into the top of the wii u gamepad to charge it, which means with the charging dock you would have to have the gamepad upside down in order to use it...kind of odd if you ask me.

[quote name='Dejaskater']I liked it, and ive played it a few times, once at Nintendo world store, once at best buy and twice at a gamestop, i thought it was pretty comfortable and light and a unique experience, but i also have an ipad so i might just be used to holding something of the similar size.

Also while in gamestop, i chatted up one of the employess that the gf spotted because she went to school with him and he informed me that preorders were guaranteed for launch and that they know when theyre gonna start getting them in. He said as of now that particular store was barely getting enough for people who preordered and his coworker was disappointed that they werent doing a midnight launch so he could get his.

I also learned that the waiting list is full and they are no longer taking names.[/QUOTE]

"Unique experience"? Please take the Nintendo stick that is shoved so far up your ass out of there.

[quote name='Nintendonly']"Unique experience"? Please take the Nintendo stick that is shoved so far up your ass out of there.[/QUOTE]

You do realize what the definition of the word "unique" is, don't you?

[quote name='Dejaskater']I liked it, and ive played it a few times, once at Nintendo world store, once at best buy and twice at a gamestop, i thought it was pretty comfortable and light and a unique experience, but i also have an ipad so i might just be used to holding something of the similar size.

Also while in gamestop, i chatted up one of the employess that the gf spotted because she went to school with him and he informed me that preorders were guaranteed for launch and that they know when theyre gonna start getting them in. He said as of now that particular store was barely getting enough for people who preordered and his coworker was disappointed that they werent doing a midnight launch so he could get his.

I also learned that the waiting list is full and they are no longer taking names.[/QUOTE]

So basically dude is going to bang your chick and take your pre-order

[quote name='Paladinion']I just realized that the AC adapter plug plugs into the top of the wii u gamepad to charge it, which means with the charging dock you would have to have the gamepad upside down in order to use it...kind of odd if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Looking at the bottom of the controller, it looks as if there is a place for it to dock and charge there as well. Kind of like on early PSP units, there is a little gold/bronze panel that looks like it will be used for the charge dock.

[quote name='drakma676']Played the wii u today at best buy and was immediately put off by the controller tablet. I was like wtf is this. Also the console is like 10 ft long. I was like "Jesus"[/QUOTE]

The console looks like Jesus? Sweet....

[quote name='advanced']Looking at the bottom of the controller, it looks as if there is a place for it to dock and charge there as well. Kind of like on early PSP units, there is a little gold/bronze panel that looks like it will be used for the charge dock.[/QUOTE]

wiiugamepad.jpg

So the contacts down there at the bottom will charge it? I hope so...i have faith nintendo knows what they are doing for a second I just kind of had a "ehhh" moment.

[quote name='Paladinion']
wiiugamepad.jpg

So the contacts down there at the bottom will charge it? I hope so...i have faith nintendo knows what they are doing for a second I just kind of had a "ehhh" moment.[/QUOTE]

Just like the 3DS.

d3eb15e4.jpg

[quote name='maximumzero']Just like the 3DS.

d3eb15e4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Cool! good to see. For a minute there i was all "ahhh crap" to myself. Love charging docks, make everything so much easier. Need to grab one for my Galaxy S3.

So, does anyone understand the layaway policy regarding the preorder for the WiiU?

Is it a guaranteed console when it releases or is it some different type of preorder?

I went to Target at lunch and they had a demo unit our and a young couple was watching the Arkham City demo and were discussing pre-ordering a console. I didn't see any pre-order cards available though

I walked into target after work and they had a bunch of wii u pre order cards, i pre ordered the black one for 5 bucks and he said they just got the cards tuesday. He said i should get one since i pre ordered but who knows, hopefully they only put the cards out for the ones they are actually getting but i guess i wont know till the 18th at 8am

Thanks for the awesome pics. I am so fucking hyped right now. I will be going out later and i'll see if there are any demo units around town yet. I don't want to get my hopes up, but it would be nice!

[quote name='HydroX']Geez, I thought I had hairy hands. Thanks, Sasquatch. lol j/k[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone said it before I did. :lol:

In some cultures it's a sign of virility at least.

Woohoo! Finally got a Target preorder, after a bit of driving.

Stopped by my local store to grab some things and made my usually trek thru Electronics. See the white preorders but none for the black units. Worker did some checking and confirmed they were out but found another nearby store that had some.

And just to add to the hysteria, the reps at both stores told me that they will hold the preorder systems for 7 days. They made it sound like they receive two Inventory allotments: one for preorder sales and another for walk-in sales.

Thet also were telling me that Ninty was really pushing stores to do preorders which is why Target even bothered to do the preorder cards for the WiiU

EDIT: also got to try the rayman demo. Controller feels pretty good and the controller screen is really responsive even when using your finger.

[quote name='pjb16']I'm glad someone said it before I did. :lol:

In some cultures it's a sign of virility at least.[/QUOTE]

i heard it was a sign that you jerk off too much.

[quote name='pjb16']I've heard that too. :lol:[/QUOTE]

well, if i heard it and you heard it, it must be true. :shock:

last night i was feeling a little paranoid so i decided to look for my pre-order receipt from gs. i couldn't find it at first and i almost started to freak out. luckily it was hidden underneath some stuff in a basket where i place a bunch of random junk.

I had a chance to play the WiiU at my local Best Buy. It was very surreal. I was surprised at how amazing Rayman Legends looked. However, it was like a blast from the past having one player use the old Wiimote. The new "Tablet" is extremely comfortable and of very high quality. Overall, I am pretty psyched for our preorder but have a pretty good feeling that this system will have the exact issues the Wii had...oh well.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']last night i was feeling a little paranoid so i decided to look for my pre-order receipt from gs. i couldn't find it at first and i almost started to freak out. luckily it was hidden underneath some stuff in a basket where i place a bunch of random junk.[/QUOTE]

I've got my stuff on my desk's magnet board pretty close to a countdown calendar I made shortly after preorder. Even if you lost it though, GameStop could easily reprint it for you. They're pretty good about doing that for you, at least in my experience.

I tried it at best buy. I find the tablet off putting when playing rayman. I had to look down then look up taking away from playing the game.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']I tried it at best buy. I find the tablet off putting when playing rayman. I had to look down then look up taking away from playing the game.[/QUOTE]
You get used to the controller after a while I'm sure, you have to realize the placement of the buttons is different, it will take time. You could always use a pro controller too, which I'm glad I have coming.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']I tried it at best buy. I find the tablet off putting when playing rayman. I had to look down then look up taking away from playing the game.[/QUOTE]

My parents do that playing with a regular controller. :rofl:

You will get used to it

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']last night i was feeling a little paranoid so i decided to look for my pre-order receipt from gs. i couldn't find it at first and i almost started to freak out. luckily it was hidden underneath some stuff in a basket where i place a bunch of random junk.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='advanced']I've got my stuff on my desk's magnet board pretty close to a countdown calendar I made shortly after preorder. Even if you lost it though, GameStop could easily reprint it for you. They're pretty good about doing that for you, at least in my experience.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and if you are a PUR member (free or Pro) they can look it up for you anyway. You don't even need the receipt at all. I went in and paid off my NSMB Wii U the other day without bringing my receipt. Now I have the system and that game paid off so it will be all ready to pick up on the 18th.

I wonder if there will be some kind of wrist strap for the Wii U.......

If the Wii U Gamepad slips out of your hands, you will probably go down with it...........

[quote name='ral1121']I wonder if there will be some kind of wrist strap for the Wii U.......[/QUOTE]
If you toss that controller, it's going to kill someone,break something big and valulable. Not to mention if you break that thing it's gonna cost big to fix or replace. Hold on tight, that things big and expensive.

[quote name='gordojones88']Can I take the tablet with me down to McDonalds and surf the internet there?

Will it support any of the new Windows 8 Metro apps?[/QUOTE]

No and erm no...this isn't a real tablet, plus it's made by Nintendo why would it support Windows 8 junk?

[quote name='BGriffith']No and erm no...this isn't a real tablet, plus it's made by Nintendo why would it support Windows 8 junk?[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm, Nintendo would never make a peripheal that didn't support Microsoft software.

Back on topic, did the demo units get more demos unlocked? When I played Rayman at Gamestop the game was already booted and I didn't want to break the machine by trying to quit the game to see what else is on there. This was nearly two weeks ago though, so there probably weren't any more demos then.

Guess what boys and girls I won the Burger King Wii U instant game. Already sent the claim form a couple of days ago. Here is the email they sent me.

Congratulations! You're a winner! (subject to verification)

In order to claim your prize, please click here to download a Prize Claim Form, which you will need to print, complete and mail it to the address provided, along with your receipt (if applicable). If you are under the age of 18, please have your parent or legal guardian complete it on your behalf.

All mailed Prize Claim Forms and receipts (if applicable) must be postmarked by December 20, 2012 and received by January 4, 2013 to be eligible to receive a prize or prize may be forfeited. Once we receive your completed Prize Claim Form and receipt (if applicable) and verify your eligibility, you should receive your prize within 6-8 weeks

[quote name='giancarmen']Guess what boys and girls I won the Burger King Wii U instant game. Already sent the claim form a couple of days ago. Here is the email they sent me.

In order to claim your prize, please click here to download a Prize Claim Form, which you will need to print, complete and mail it to the address provided, along with your receipt (if applicable). If you are under the age of 18, please have your parent or legal guardian complete it on your behalf.

All mailed Prize Claim Forms and receipts (if applicable) must be postmarked by December 20, 2012 and received by January 4, 2013 to be eligible to receive a prize or prize may be forfeited. Once we receive your completed Prize Claim Form and receipt (if applicable) and verify your eligibility, you should receive your prize within 6-8 weeks[/QUOTE]

Awsome dude! Did you win a Wii U or just a game?

[quote name='tightclaws']Awsome dude! Did you win a Wii U or just a game?[/QUOTE]

No tightclaws I won the basic Wii U console. I still can't believe that I won. lol

[quote name='giancarmen']Guess what boys and girls I won the Burger King Wii U instant game. Already sent the claim form a couple of days ago. Here is the email they sent me.

All mailed Prize Claim Forms and receipts (if applicable) must be postmarked by December 20, 2012 and received by January 4, 2013 to be eligible to receive a prize or prize may be forfeited. Once we receive your completed Prize Claim Form and receipt (if applicable) and verify your eligibility, you should receive your prize within 6-8 weeks[/QUOTE]

Wow. Congrats, bro! Pays to have it your way!

I'll see myself out...

:applause: Congratulations, on winning the Wii that's unbelievable. All I ever won was a order of fries. :cry:

NICE!

Congratulations on winning. That is sooooooo awesomely cool. It takes time to receive the prizes but that's a small thing compared to the fact that you won a Wii U. Heck, standard set is is fine, right? What matters is that you WON! :)

Once again, congratulations on your win.

I bought 6 pre order cards at target. 4 and 2(wife). I left 2 black and 2 white on the hooks thus not being a complete douche. Sold both whites for 50$ already and one black for 75$ to people too lazy to go shopping or just wait in a line.

[quote name='jedi0077']I bought 6 pre order cards at target. 4 and 2(wife). I left 2 black and 2 white on the hooks thus not being a complete douche. Sold both whites for 50$ already and one black for 75$ to people too lazy to go shopping or just wait in a line.[/QUOTE]

wow people are buying the cards? They had a bunch at Target yesterday still...

Damn the Bestbuy in my hometown is doing a midnight launch. I woulda loved to be there for that. I camped their for the Wii and it was just so much fun, my store recieved 84 units but by the time the store opened the line had wrapped around the entire mall and had over 500 people. Obviously with preorders its different but it woulda still been fun to show up at midnight.

Im at college so the one up here is as dead as a rock and I bet I will be the only one even getting the system up here. Hell the bestbuy up here isnt even getting demo units cuz its so small. neither is the gamestop.

Obviously the benefit is that the Wii U will be easy to get even without preorder, but I MISS the hype, at home theirs so much hype, here its dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back