Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AutoPilotOff']wow people are buying the cards? They had a bunch at Target yesterday still...[/QUOTE]It's because people feel that they are going to miss out. I remember when the wii came out and people were paying stupid amounts of money. I waited a couple weeks, walked into a Gamestop and bought one with no problem. These will be the same way.

[quote name='krashhole']It's because people feel that they are going to miss out. I remember when the wii came out and people were paying stupid amounts of money. I waited a couple weeks, walked into a Gamestop and bought one with no problem. These will be the same way.[/QUOTE]

Then you got lucky as fuck or your specific area is Wiitarded. I had to wait over 9 months to get my "christmas present" and I called stores every day.

[quote name='krashhole']It's because people feel that they are going to miss out. I remember when the wii came out and people were paying stupid amounts of money. I waited a couple weeks, walked into a Gamestop and bought one with no problem. These will be the same way.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure. I have read that the factory making WiiU is also making all the Ipad's, Ipad mini, Ipods and Macbooks... I bet nintendo is not their priority if this is the case.

Also I made sure when I purchased the cards that they would get one 100% Our Target is out of them now... I was going to buy more lol

Yeah, I read that Nintendo only made something like 1 million units for the US. People will once again be paying stupid money on ebay for these.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I'm going to BK for lunch now... :)[/QUOTE]

Bleh, no thanks. You can get a freebie code once per day and avoid the fat, calories and everything else Burger King brings with it.

[quote name='maximumzero']Bleh, no thanks. You can get a freebie code once per day and avoid the fat, calories and everything else Burger King brings with it.[/QUOTE]

May I suggest the Bacon Sundae?

[quote name='maximumzero']Why not inject the fat directly into my arteries and cut out the middleman?[/QUOTE]

You can do that? Where do I sign up? Burgerking.com?

I already got NSMB Wii U and Zombie U paid off at Gamestop. Just waiting until the 18th to pick up my black deluxe unit from Target. Was able to finally snag a preorder card at my local Target. Amped!

[quote name='Grimms']I already got NSMB Wii U and Zombie U paid off at Gamestop. Just waiting until the 18th to pick up my black deluxe unit from Target. Was able to finally snag a preorder card at my local Target. Amped![/QUOTE]

I've got Mario and ZombiU pre-ordered through Newegg for only $48. They keep sending those coupon codes out but they wised up and they aren't good for Wii U pre-orders anymore which sucks. Only negative is you won't have the games launch day. Guess I'll make due with Nintendo Land.

I've got a reservation card for Target too, just hope everything goes smoothly and I can pick it up without hassle.

[quote name='jedi0077']I bought 6 pre order cards at target. 4 and 2(wife). I left 2 black and 2 white on the hooks thus not being a complete douche. Sold both whites for 50$ already and one black for 75$ to people too lazy to go shopping or just wait in a line.[/QUOTE]

you can sell the preorder cards anywhere? and claim for the preorder at any target?

[quote name='tdn327']you can sell the preorder cards anywhere? and claim for the preorder at any target?[/QUOTE]

No. Probably sold them locally.

[quote name='mBucket']I've got Mario and ZombiU pre-ordered through Newegg for only $48. They keep sending those coupon codes out but they wised up and they aren't good for Wii U pre-orders anymore which sucks. Only negative is you won't have the games launch day. Guess I'll make due with Nintendo Land.

I've got a reservation card for Target too, just hope everything goes smoothly and I can pick it up without hassle.[/QUOTE]

Some people have reported getting games a few days early from NewEgg. I'm not holding my breath, but if Scribblenauts and NSMBWU come early, I won't complain.

[quote name='mBucket']I've got Mario and ZombiU pre-ordered through Newegg for only $48. They keep sending those coupon codes out but they wised up and they aren't good for Wii U pre-orders anymore which sucks. Only negative is you won't have the games launch day. Guess I'll make due with Nintendo Land.

I've got a reservation card for Target too, just hope everything goes smoothly and I can pick it up without hassle.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize those were available at newegg for only 48. I am going to try to only buy one game or perhaps just use the nintendoland copy that comes with the deluxe for a week in hopes that wii u games will be on sale for 45-50 on black friday

[quote name='advanced']Some people have reported getting games a few days early from NewEgg. I'm not holding my breath, but if Scribblenauts and NSMBWU come early, I won't complain.[/QUOTE]

I got zombie u, scriblenauts, mass effect 3, assassins creed 3, and skylanders giants on reserve at newegg so hopefully they will ship early. I got my deluxe wii u and black ops 2 fully paid off at my EB games just need to pay off nsmbu and I'm good to go! Getting so pumped for this launch really hope my EB will do a midnight launch as well!

[quote name='advanced']Some people have reported getting games a few days early from NewEgg. I'm not holding my breath, but if Scribblenauts and NSMBWU come early, I won't complain.[/QUOTE]

I ordered AC3 from Newegg for Xbox. Was "packaging" all day Tuesday, shipped Wednesday, and arrived today. So yeah, definitely don't hold your breath. Mario has the benefit of launching on a Sunday, but I'm still probably going to have to change my delivery address to where I'll be for Thanksgiving.

well I just got back from Target, an asked about the pre order cards since I have 3 of them, 1 for me, 1 for my brothers kids, an other for my cousin, and the manger said I need the recipe when I come in to show I bought the cards from their store so I was like alright cool I have it with the cards.

[quote name='DTB420']well I just got back from Target, an asked about the pre order cards since I have 3 of them, 1 for me, 1 for my brothers kids, an other for my cousin, and the manger said I need the recipe when I come in to show I bought the cards from their store so I was like alright cool I have it with the cards.[/QUOTE]

I hope that's not the case...or hope they can pull it up on their system. I doubt I have mine anymore. I thought that was the reason they scanned in the card at purchase...

[quote name='DTB420']well I just got back from Target, an asked about the pre order cards since I have 3 of them, 1 for me, 1 for my brothers kids, an other for my cousin, and the manger said I need the recipe when I come in to show I bought the cards from their store so I was like alright cool I have it with the cards.[/QUOTE]

If you come in with recipes you probably won't get a WiiU. Unless of course its for something really delicious or the Colonels secret blend of herbs and spices - thats shits valuable

[quote name='ProppaT']I hope that's not the case...or hope they can pull it up on their system. I doubt I have mine anymore. I thought that was the reason they scanned in the card at purchase...[/QUOTE]

yea but anyone can walk out with those cards and not buy them that's what the manager told me that's why he said to bring the recipe with me when I pick it up just for proof I guess.

[quote name='tightclaws']I think the recipe for Wii U cards is paper, red and black die # 2 & 4 ....Oh and a pinch of salt wink![/QUOTE]

That's Dungeons and Dragons. NOOB!

paid off my deluxe wii u at gamestop today. owe about 20 more dollars on each nsmbu and zombiu. getting pretty excited for launch. Bayonetta 2 is definitely the game i'm most eager to get for the system. and of course any zelda game down the road

The manager of my GameStop today told me that corporate has already decided that not all stores will do a midnight launch. He didn't wink or put his finger to his lips, but I don't think he was lying.

Spent all day calling around trying to find a Target with any cards left. Couldn't find any in a 50 mile radius. They've been cleared out in NC.

[quote name='tbassett']paid off my deluxe wii u at gamestop today. owe about 20 more dollars on each nsmbu and zombiu. getting pretty excited for launch. Bayonetta 2 is definitely the game i'm most eager to get for the system. and of course any zelda game down the road[/QUOTE]

For me, the non-launch games I'm pumped for are Smash Bros, Pikmin, and Bayonetta 2. And can I dream about a Pokemon "version" console rpg finally being released, even though It will never come.

[quote name='DTB420']yea but anyone can walk out with those cards and not buy them that's what the manager told me that's why he said to bring the recipe with me when I pick it up just for proof I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Cooking Mama Wii U.

Paid off the balance of my Deluxe Wii U along with NSMBU and ZombieU at Gamestop today...Saved like $45 or something all-together by paying with credit. No tax ftw.

[quote name='Drclaw411']The manager of my GameStop today told me that corporate has already decided that not all stores will do a midnight launch. He didn't wink or put his finger to his lips, but I don't think he was lying.[/QUOTE]

It would be cool if they did do a midnight launch, I wouldn't expect very many stores to do anything at all but this is one of the few times I hope I'm wrong.
I just don't see how GS could justify it unless they are getting more consoles than predicted.

My Best Buy isn't doing a midnight launch. That's probably better for me anyway as I'm finally getting my wisdom teeth removed a few days before. Wonder if my GameStop is, but I don't want to go wait out at midnight for my backup console.

Had my manager by the balls today as the DM and I got him to price adjust my 360 trade in that I only got half of the credit for. Long story short I missed the double trade in promo by 1 day and nobody let me know it was happening so after some back and forth, it came down to this wonderful moment. Ended up getting another 100 bones in store credit.

So that leaves me with:
Wii u deluxe: Paid in Full!
Zombie U: Paid in Full!
Black Ops 2: Paid in Full!
NSMB: $15 until Fully paid!

Cancelled my pro controller so I can get one of the Famicon units off of Amazon.

So pumped, 16 days and counting!

PS: DM confirmed in my area NO MIDNIGHT OR EARLY OPENING!
He said there wasnt a point since they were ONLY going to have PREORDERS, Not a single EXTRA UNIT.

So don't camp at Gamestop.
(at least in the West Dundee, IL area...)

well all the Walmarts in Northern Virginia have posted signs to reserve a wii-u in layaway (the deluxe) but yesterday was their last day to take pre-orders. I asked one store, the one closest to me, they only had 50 pre-orders in the folder. She said just come on the 18th at midnight and line up - they are open 24 hours. So I won't have to stand out in the cold like I did years ago for the Wii and the Xbox 360 - which damn launch day, I bought 4 and sold 3 on craigslist which more than paid off mine + all the games I bought. It was crazy. Those were the good old days when I didn't have kids.

I want a Wii-U because my kids will love that controller and be able to help dad on the levels. I bet we'll spend so much time on Super Mario because they love the Wii New Super Mario 4 player but we got so confused with all the action on the screen.

[quote name='loomis1975']I thought those famicon and snes themed ones at Amazon were vaporware?[/QUOTE]

I have these, might actually try and use them now.

[quote name='loomis1975']I thought those famicon and snes themed ones at Amazon were vaporware?[/QUOTE]

An accessory can be vaporware?

i don't know. they look pretty cool. they say they're sold out right now (sucks). maybe it's a good idea to see what the reviews are after they release.

[quote name='loomis1975']Yep.

Source: Me.[/QUOTE]

There is that crazy Wii heart rate finger attachment that Nintendo forgot they announced, so I guess its true, haha.

[quote name='Paladinion']Had my manager by the balls today as the DM and I got him to price adjust my 360 trade in that I only got half of the credit for. Long story short I missed the double trade in promo by 1 day and nobody let me know it was happening so after some back and forth, it came down to this wonderful moment. Ended up getting another 100 bones in store credit.

So that leaves me with:
Wii u deluxe: Paid in Full!
Zombie U: Paid in Full!
Black Ops 2: Paid in Full!
NSMB: $15 until Fully paid!

Cancelled my pro controller so I can get one of the Famicon units off of Amazon.

So pumped, 16 days and counting!

PS: DM confirmed in my area NO MIDNIGHT OR EARLY OPENING!
He said there wasnt a point since they were ONLY going to have PREORDERS, Not a single EXTRA UNIT.

So don't camp at Gamestop.
(at least in the West Dundee, IL area...)[/QUOTE]

you missed the promo by a day and demand they give you the promo prices because like an idiot you showed up late.......people like you make me sick

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']i don't know. they look pretty cool. they say they're sold out right now (sucks). maybe it's a good idea to see what the reviews are after they release.[/QUOTE]

But they went straight from pre-order to temporarily out of stock. They supposedly released on October 30th, which means if any of them did get shipped to a prime member, they should have them by today unless Hurricane Sandy had something to say about it.

I didn't preorder one because they look like photoshoped images of the picture for the actual Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller.

I too would like to see if anybody has one and how it does taking the place of a Wii mote motion plus on the Wii, since that is all we could test for now.

[quote name='kayne2000']so i was in gamestop trading in crap. the guy said their waitlist is up to march now lol[/QUOTE]

Damn. Hearing that makes me want to flip one of my Wii U's. I'm not that big of a dick, but that really does.

[quote name='pedrobeara']you missed the promo by a day and demand they give you the promo prices because like an idiot you showed up late.......people like you make me sick[/QUOTE]

Actually a day early, traded in my stuff on Sunday and the promo began Monday or something to that extent.
Also, I would appreciate if you did not refer to me as an idiot. 70+ in trade in credit is a whole game plus some change for some other guaranteed business they would have from me. If the shoe was on the other foot and you traded in a console for around half of what you would of gotten if you waited a day later just because an employee decided to withhold information from you I would expect you to at least try to get your extra credit. Gamestop is not exactly the customer service king either, so judging by how Gamestop managed to justify it to themselves, that's good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back