Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CHADSTONe'] I am looking forward to the Wii U a whole lot more than I was before putting my hands on it.[/QUOTE]

I came away with that same impression. Before, I had a feeling I may not like it. I really was only buying it because its a Nintendo console and, even if the third party support stinks, I can only get Smash and Mario Kart on it. Now that I've played it, I want it pretty badly. I can't wait for the 18th now.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']Played a demo unit at the Best Buy in Cary, NC. The gamepad was surprisingly very light! It also felt very comfortable in my hands. Let me just say that the graphics on Rayman Origins are top notch. It's so nice to finally see a HD Nintendo system. Also the touch controls on the gamepad for that game were on spot. The display on the gamepad itself had crisp visuals. Reminded me of the iPhone retina display. I am looking forward to the Wii U a whole lot more than I was before putting my hands on it. Still only have 2 games as a definite purchase though. Mario and ZombiU[/QUOTE]

This was the same thing I said the week before last. I've yet to see anyone who has played it say that they didn't like it, just as I've yet to hear of anyone who has played Nintendoland say that they didn't like it. I think Nintendo has a stellar hit on their hands and it reminded me of playing Mario 64 on a demo unit at TRU for the first time. And then when the GameCube came along that almighty Star Wars: Rogue Squadron demo that I would go to TRU just for. It's always foolish to count out the big N or doubt that they know what they're doing. As long as Shiggy draws breath they will be the force to be reckoned with in gaming.

[quote name='htz']It also doesn't help that stores like Best Buy and Target are filled with clueless seasonal employees right now. I myself will be holding out on the Wii U until the game reviews come in to see how they run on the console but I will be watching this thread closely on launch day to read all the interesting stories.[/QUOTE]

best of luck to you picking one up soon after release.

[quote name='GizmoGC']it's not the Gamestop employee's fault for not telling someone about an upcoming promotion. You think they would like someone saying "hey, we don't want your business today. Come back tomorrow! (we hope!)". No, not going to happen. Best Buy doesn't clue me in to deals happening the next day nor does Target. There is nothing ethically wrong about that.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately most people don't know the first thing about rational decision making with respect to firms.

I just got to play with the wii u demo at the local gamestop. I'm pretty stoked about the release now. Seeing the hi res mario characters, and the playable rayman demo really impressed me. While the games are not any higher res that what we are used to, having more memory and higher res textures makes it look like the games are actually higher res to me at least.

Mario is a launch day must have now, and I'm really jonesin for that rayman game as well now. We'll pick up Zombi U for that real eye candy game, but I;m concerned about how long that game might be.. if its a cakewalk you can complete in 4-5 hours, it'll be a big disapointment.

It looks like the newegg preorder $12 discount is gone now. Has anyone seen preorder deals on any of the wii u games elsewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CHADSTONe']Played a demo unit at the Best Buy in Cary, NC. The gamepad was surprisingly very light! It also felt very comfortable in my hands. Let me just say that the graphics on Rayman Origins are top notch. It's so nice to finally see a HD Nintendo system. Also the touch controls on the gamepad for that game were on spot. The display on the gamepad itself had crisp visuals. Reminded me of the iPhone retina display. I am looking forward to the Wii U a whole lot more than I was before putting my hands on it. Still only have 2 games as a definite purchase though. Mario and ZombiU[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the demo, me and 4 year old played together. I let her use the touch pad while I used the controller and nunchuk. She did pretty well, I had to tell her what to do but it didn't affect game play at all.

[quote name='beatngurnuts']Now back on wii u topic, I had a chance to play it yesterday with my son and we both really liked rayman. I was a little thrown off by how big the controller was, but after a few minutes I did not even notice. I really want to play some of the other games before release, because it would would make it easier to choose what games to buy.[/QUOTE]

I want to play Mario!

[quote name='Gareee']I just got to play with the wii u demo at the local gamestop. I'm pretty stoked about the release now. Seeing the hi res mario characters, and the playable rayman demo really impressed me. While the games are not any higher res that what we are used to, having more memory and higher res textures makes it look like the games are actually higher res to me at least.

Mario is a launch day must have now, and I'm really jonesin for that rayman game as well now. We'll pick up Zombi U for that real eye candy game, but I;m concerned about how long that game might be.. if its a cakewalk you can complete in 4-5 hours, it'll be a big disapointment.

It looks like the newegg preorder $12 discount is gone now. Has anyone seen preorder deals on any of the wii u games elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

Im hoping that since black friday is just a few more days later, some place will have a instant discount or b2g1 type of deal.

My Walmart is still accepting preorders, but I locked my preorder in 30 mins after GS opened it up online. Thank god for no more lines.

I finally got to play the Wii U today at my local gamestop. Went in to paid off my NSMB WII U and Zombie U preorders in full. I got the chance to demo Rayman Legends as well. All I can say is, I absolutely was blown away, by how sharp and crisp the graphics were. The game was simply beautiful and I loved the colors. One thing that sold me on the Wii U after playing Rayman was the intricate detail. This is were I felt like the Next Gen of gaming needed to go and with Rayman Legends it has delivered thus far. I also loved the feel of the Wii U GamePad. It felt comfortable in my hands (I am 6'4 by the way).

The only thing that put me off a little, was having to look down at the GamePad a lot while playing the game on the TV display but everything looked simply amazing and I am glad I was able to secure a Wii U Deluxe at Target in my local area. Funny, while I was playing at Gamestop, mad people behind me were simply amazed and were like is this a new game system? They were as floored as I was lol! Now I am extra extra amped!!!!!!! November 18th cannot come fast enough. This is also coming from a hardcore gamer.

[quote name='Grimms']I finally got to play the Wii U today at my local gamestop. Went in to paid off my NSMB WII U and Zombie U preorders in full. I got the chance to demo Rayman Legends as well. All I can say is, I absolutely was blown away, by how sharp and crisp the graphics were. The game was simply beautiful and I loved the colors. One thing that sold me on the Wii U after playing Rayman was the intricate detail. This is were I felt like the Next Gen of gaming needed to go and with Rayman Legends it has delivered thus far. I also loved the feel of the Wii U GamePad. It felt comfortable in my hands (I am 6'4 by the way).

The only thing that put me off a little, was having to look down at the GamePad a lot while playing the game on the TV display but everything looked simply amazing and I am glad I was able to secure a Wii U Deluxe at Target in my local area. Funny, while I was playing at Gamestop, mad people behind me were simply amazed and were like is this a new game system? They were as floored as I was lol! Now I am extra extra amped!!!!!!! November 18th cannot come fast enough. This is also coming from a hardcore gamer.[/QUOTE]

less then 2 weeks now : D

So I'm wondering about the stylus. I'm assuming you're not supposed to use the stylus on the touch-screen all the time, right? (unlike say, on the DS). Or are most games set up where you're not going to be using the face buttons and the touch-screen at the same time? Rayman has some touch controls, yeah? Are you expected to just use your fingers or reach for the stylus every time you use the touch-screen? I'm just used to the DS, where they tell you not to use your fingers.

[quote name='dgwillia006']2 weeks away and I only have 25$ down at Gamestop, man I really need to get cracking on that thing.[/QUOTE]

That had been my plan as well but at this point I'm going to just wait until launch day to pay for everything.

Lol, I was hoping to find some really good flips like I had found last month, though at the moment looks like most of my credit will be from finishing some of my backlog on PS3 and 3DS.

[quote name='dgwillia006']2 weeks away and I only have 25$ down at Gamestop, man I really need to get cracking on that thing.[/QUOTE]

You are still way ahead of me, I haven't even preordered. Still on the fence seeing as how my Wii hasn't been used in years and this is just Wii HD so far.

Lol, I just played my Wii for the first time in months last week. I still want the Wii U though, the launch list is pretty nice, and I KNOW I'll be buying Monster Hunter in March. Rather just gone get the thing on launch day than deal with the bs of tracking one down.

played rayman at gs today. my finger worked just fine for the touchscreen parts. game is gorgeous w/ amazing atmospheric perspective. haven't wanted a nintendo console this much since the nes came out.

[quote name='madcatz1999']So I'm wondering about the stylus. I'm assuming you're not supposed to use the stylus on the touch-screen all the time, right? (unlike say, on the DS). Or are most games set up where you're not going to be using the face buttons and the touch-screen at the same time? Rayman has some touch controls, yeah? Are you expected to just use your fingers or reach for the stylus every time you use the touch-screen? I'm just used to the DS, where they tell you not to use your fingers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='madcatz1999']So I'm wondering about the stylus. I'm assuming you're not supposed to use the stylus on the touch-screen all the time, right? (unlike say, on the DS). Or are most games set up where you're not going to be using the face buttons and the touch-screen at the same time? Rayman has some touch controls, yeah? Are you expected to just use your fingers or reach for the stylus every time you use the touch-screen? I'm just used to the DS, where they tell you not to use your fingers.[/QUOTE]

The application the touchscreen is serving will be the basis for whether or not you use it...but from what i seen it seems mostly finger. Some thing will be better then the other depending on what your doing.

My one off the wall question I have, which I'm trying to look up is if the NERF armor will still let you use the charging base that comes with the deluxe.

Somebody in Love's travel stop asked if they were taking Wii U preorders today, then bitched to high hell and demanded corporate's number when they were told no.

[quote name='Moonlk']My Walmart is still accepting preorders, but I locked my preorder in 30 mins after GS opened it up online. Thank god for no more lines.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure your Walmart is still accepting pre-orders? I called a couple in the more rural areas, and they said the program was done nation-wide and that the system says "Do not sell" if a pre-order is scanned in.

[quote name='Esmith08']Just a quick question, does anyone happen to know places in South Jersey still accepting preorders?[/QUOTE]

Where about in South Jersey? I have two extra pre-orders that I prob won't pick up.

[quote name='Deader2818']Where about in South Jersey? I have two extra pre-orders that I prob won't pick up.[/QUOTE]

I am in Lanoka Harbor (near Toms River). Where are you located?

Tried it at GameStop. Honestly I don't really feel like buying it first day anymore. It's not that's its bad but ill need some super compelling, exclusive software that will make me want to buy one. Ill probably cancel my pre order or just sell it.

I feel like if retailers get any extras to hold for Black Friday or beyond, it could be quite possible for them to sell a discounted bundle containing the deluxe, a pro controller, Mario, and ZombiU. It seems that's what damn near everyone is buying at launch anyway.

I can see it now: (random retailer) posts in their BF ad: that bundle for $429.99. Holy hell I'd go to that store just to video record.

[quote name='Esmith08']I am in Lanoka Harbor (near Toms River). Where are you located?[/QUOTE]

Glassboro, 30 minutes out side of Philly. I think we are like an hour apart.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I preordered deluxe bundle with pro controller and super mario U tues morning. It said estimated time of arrival is november 21st-29th. I keep checking the email and it says should receive by november 29th. I'll be kind of shocked if I get a system by mid december though because I'm afraid I waited a bit too long to preorder. I guess it depends on how many units walmart have in their warehouses on launch day. I also wonder if walmart puts online orders over in store stocking because if so I can't imagine there being any Wii U consoles on the store shelves.[/QUOTE]

Walmarts shipping dates are often largely exaggerated, if everything go;s smooth id say expect it around 22nd 23rd. I know this is a much larger, rarer object but I ordered a Wireless USB dongle from them on a sunday and got it on Tues even tho there estimate said it wouldnt be here until the following monday or later.

[quote name='advanced']My Target was the same way. I also thought it was strange.[/QUOTE]Same with my Target too.

Trying to decide what game to get at launch:
New Super Mario Bros 2
Tekken Tag 2
Scribblenauts

Which one?

The only one that should hold value is NSMBWU. Nintendo games just don't drop.

I wouldn't get Tekken Tag, but that's because I'd be worried about the FGC and it's attach rate to the Wii. Better to get that on PS3 or 360.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this huge thread somewhere, but anyone else with an in store pre-order at Best Buy been told how they're going to be taking care of pre-orders?

Setting them aside? Lining up with the rest of the great unwashed? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Went to my Best Buy today at 10AM to ask about it only to find out they've changed Sunday hours to open at 11AM? WTF? That seems like a smart thing to do right before the holidays...

[quote name='lawdood']I'm sure it's been mentioned in this huge thread somewhere, but anyone else with an in store pre-order at Best Buy been told how they're going to be taking care of pre-orders?

Setting them aside? Lining up with the rest of the great unwashed? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Went to my Best Buy today at 10AM to ask about it only to find out they've changed Sunday hours to open at 11AM? WTF? That seems like a smart thing to do right before the holidays...[/QUOTE]

You'd probably be better off asking closer to launch, like next week. My store has said they're supposed to be put aside like the preordered games. Lately they've been money with it, but I've been there on days they haven't done it. As for lines, I imagine once inside the store, they'll section things off accordingly, but I don't know. Next time I'm in, I'll ask how the launch for the iPhone and iPad Mini were handled, since that's the most similar item lately.

[quote name='lawdood']I'm sure it's been mentioned in this huge thread somewhere, but anyone else with an in store pre-order at Best Buy been told how they're going to be taking care of pre-orders?

Went to my Best Buy today at 10AM to ask about it only to find out they've changed Sunday hours to open at 11AM? WTF? That seems like a smart thing to do right before the holidays...[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the Wii U but my BB called me tonight to let me know that they set my Halo 4 LE aside. YMMV?

Meh. Tried a unit at a local gamestop. I'm not impressed. If you're unsure, go try for yourself. I just didn't see anything that cannot be done on current consoles (except for the gimmick of the tablet, and most people have a few of those already.)

I don't know why people expect some big jump from current gen to next gen. Wii U has better frame rates which is about the most the difference will be even for PS4/720

[quote name='dragonjud']Meh. Tried a unit at a local gamestop. I'm not impressed. If you're unsure, go try for yourself. I just didn't see anything that cannot be done on current consoles (except for the gimmick of the tablet, and most people have a few of those already.)[/QUOTE]

Just like I didn't care about the motion controls with the Wii, I really don't care about the touch screen controller. I'm getting the Wii U for the same reason as Wii (and every Nintendo system), Nintendo games...and HD Nintendo games at that. :drool:

Went to BB today to do a trade in and asked the gaming rep if they had got their shipment in of the consoles. He said yes but didn't know how many they got. He then proceeded to say he expects to have tons of people complaining on the 18th because the Nintendo Rep told him that they oversold and won't have enough units to cover all the preorders. Obviously take it with a grain of salt.

[quote name='coopscohen']Went to BB today to do a trade in and asked the gaming rep if they had got their shipment in of the consoles. He said yes but didn't know how many they got. He then proceeded to say he expects to have tons of people complaining on the 18th because the Nintendo Rep told him that they oversold and won't have enough units to cover all the preorders. Obviously take it with a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]

Like I said before, and still believe it.

No way in hell are Gamestop and Best Buy guaranteeing anyone just because of a pre order.

I really, really doubt stores will have upwards of 75+ for every person.

[quote name='ral1121']Like I said before, and still believe it.

No way in hell are Gamestop and Best Buy guaranteeing anyone just because of a pre order.

I really, really doubt stores will have upwards of 75+ for every person.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to think the safest preorders will be in smaller cities. That being said, my GameStop told me today they are 100% sure that they will have enough to cover the preorders at their store. The manager also told me he's getting a run-around from coorporate as to if a midnight launch will be held. He said if they do have one, he's requesting the city have at least one police officer at the store and finished by saying "i'll be damned if my store sees anybody shot or robbed".

[quote name='ral1121']Like I said before, and still believe it.

I really, really doubt stores will have upwards of 75+ for every person.[/QUOTE]

Especially BB with those Kiosks I would think. They prolly got hundreds of preorders at some locations easily.

After reading so many posts of people trying the wii u kiosks out and being overwhelmingly positive I'm even that much more excited for the Wii U. I can't imagine how great the next 3d mario game will be on this thing and what the gamepad screen will add to the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back