Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ral1121']Like I said before, and still believe it.

No way in hell are Gamestop and Best Buy guaranteeing anyone just because of a pre order.

I really, really doubt stores will have upwards of 75+ for every person.[/QUOTE]

My Target still had 2 pre-order cards for the white version. The black was gone in 48 hours.

Gonna be lots of angry people come the 18th when GameStop oversold their pre-order limit or Best Buy.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'm starting to think the safest preorders will be in smaller cities. That being said, my GameStop told me today they are 100% sure that they will have enough to cover the preorders at their store. The manager also told me he's getting a run-around from coorporate as to if a midnight launch will be held. He said if they do have one, he's requesting the city have at least one police officer at the store and finished by saying "i'll be damned if my store sees anybody shot or robbed".[/QUOTE]

i got my pre-order right after they were announced, so hopefully i'm safe. i also paid it off, so maybe they'll be more likely to hold mine for me than someone who's only put down the minimum.

The GS I shop at only took 5 or 6 orders for the deluxe, they played it safe and didn't oversell. So I'm hoping they get at least 4 consoles in since I'm number 4.

[quote name='Deader2818']I don't think Nintendo games go on sale often other than B2G1.[/QUOTE]

Often? What rock have you been under?

Nintendo games never go on sale. The other games he mentioned will be cheap quick.

Tip: Get Mario first, wait for the others.

[quote name='GizmoGC']My Target still had 2 pre-order cards for the white version. The black was gone in 48 hours.

Gonna be lots of angry people come the 18th when GameStop oversold their pre-order limit or Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

The best buy I go to didn't take many pre orders for the deluxe console, I think there were only 5-7 names on the list

For those who have multiple pre-orders just in case, it'd be damn fine of y'all to get as many of the systems as possible but sell them here on cag rather than ebay. Selling them for $50 more than MSRP+shipping would be a pretty good profit for you and a decent price for the CAGs who missed out. And no, i'm not asking for this for me. I have a preorder at my GS.

To those who didn't preorder a deluxe: Are you deluxe or bust? Or would you accept a basic if you found one in a store?

The profit margin for reselling Wii U's on eBay is currently negligible :(

Average eBay sale price: ~$460 shipped* (doesn't matter what the base price/S&H split is, as eBay charges commission on the entire amount and sorts prices based on total cost)

$376.24 Cost of a Wii U, including a "typical" 7.5% sales tax rate**
$0.10 eBay listing fee for auction starting at 99 cents***
$41.40 eBay commission for successful sale***
$13.64 PayPal fee***
$18.18 Cost of postage on an 11-lb USPS Parcel Post shipment (I used the original Wii's weight; the Wii U bundle could end up being heavier)
$449.56 Total costs

Net profit: around 10 bucks, not counting gas/transportation costs to pick up the Wii from the store where you preordered from (unless you ordered online), or the non-negligible risk of shady buyers or fraudulent chargebacks.

*Just-finished listings:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sac...ete=1&_nkw=wii+u+deluxe&_pgn=7&_skc=300&rt=nc

**You're only allowed to charge sales tax to the buyer if he lives in the same state as you. So in most cases you will be paying the sales tax on the initial purchase, unless you have a government exemption.

***eBay fee calculator:
http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

What happened?

What happened is 1) People likely not willing to bid high for a system they might not even get and 2) Hype is down atm. Wait until it launches and see how hard it is to find one and prices will start to get higher.

And I said often on Nintendo games on sale because I didn't want to say never to leave it open for someone to show me a deal on a Nintendo game, XD

[quote name='Drclaw411']For those who have multiple pre-orders just in case, it'd be damn fine of y'all to get as many of the systems as possible but sell them here on cag rather than ebay. Selling them for $50 more than MSRP+shipping would be a pretty good profit for you and a decent price for the CAGs who missed out. And no, i'm not asking for this for me. I have a preorder at my GS.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is feasible, at least knowing the CAG mentality.

One of my preorders comes in at $394.19 thanks to CA taxes and shipping. No CAG is going to want to pay $450 + shipping for the Deluxe version. Or, at least, there won't be enough willing to pay to make it worth doing.

I have my pre-order set in stone as I was the 2nd person to reserve the Deluxe @ my local Gamestop. However, I am now leaning towards not getting one as my wife and I really want to get a Tablet, preferabble the Asus one with the Keyboard Attachment. We can afford both but I am a real penny pincher and HATE spending when it is not needed. And I can use the tablet for my work at home as can she. PLus they have a bundle @ my local BJ's WholeSale club with the tablet and Keyboard that saves $100.

SO with that said I think I am either going to cancel the order or maybe sell it on Ebay as I am sure it will go for a good amount. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Newegg had $12 off preorders on several games, Wii U included, up until a few days ago. NSMB U was one of them, so not impossible to find it below $60.

[quote name='iGen']

The profit margin for reselling Wii U's on eBay is currently negligible :(

Average eBay sale price: ~$460 shipped* (doesn't matter what the base price/S&H split is, as eBay charges commission on the entire amount and sorts prices based on total cost)

$376.24 Cost of a Wii U, including a "typical" 7.5% sales tax rate**
$0.10 eBay listing fee for auction starting at 99 cents***
$41.40 eBay commission for successful sale***
$13.64 PayPal fee***
$18.18 Cost of postage on an 11-lb USPS Parcel Post shipment (I used the original Wii's weight; the Wii U bundle could end up being heavier)
$449.56 Total costs

Net profit: around 10 bucks, not counting gas/transportation costs to pick up the Wii from the store where you preordered from (unless you ordered online), or the non-negligible risk of shady buyers or fraudulent chargebacks.

*Just-finished listings:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sac...ete=1&_nkw=wii+u+deluxe&_pgn=7&_skc=300&rt=nc

**You're only allowed to charge sales tax to the buyer if he lives in the same state as you. So in most cases you will be paying the sales tax on the initial purchase, unless you have a government exemption.

***eBay fee calculator:
http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

What happened?[/QUOTE]

Just like I was saying, and man did those resellers noobs get on me. But did you notice how little they are posting now? HAHAHA

[quote name='tightclaws']Just like I was saying, and man did those resellers noobs get on me. But did you notice how little they are posting now? HAHAHA[/QUOTE]

Huh? Get on you? The mods won't allow that type of talk (i.e. flipping) in a MSRP thread in the deals forum. Right now you're just trolling for posts which is just as bad.

eBay/Paypal has Not as described/chargebacks. Anyone selling these things on eBay is just asking to get ripped off. You'll see them pop up on Craigslist in 13 days. No risk (as long as you meet in public).

[quote name='tightclaws']Just like I was saying, and man did those resellers noobs get on me. But did you notice how little they are posting now? HAHAHA[/QUOTE]

some dude on slickdeals was bragging up how he had 25 preorders

me personally i bought 2 basic preorders because if demand is crazy (doubt it but for 5 dollars at target it was worth it) ill flip the extra but otherwise if demand isnt crazy ill just list it here for my cost to help someone out

couldnt imagine preordering 25 though thats being a really scumbag

[quote name='madcatz1999']Newegg had $12 off preorders on several games, Wii U included, up until a few days ago. NSMB U was one of them, so not impossible to find it below $60.[/QUOTE]

The newest ones have blocked Wii U preorders however. I regret cancelling my ZombiU preorder now.

I just got a pre-order receipt at my local Gamestop for a deluxe. He said they had over 100 for the basic, and I was only the 7th for deluxe even after all this time. I guess when they were starting to take pre-orders at this location, they never asked which version so by default that GS was giving people the basic model, I bet a lot of gamers are going to cry no fair. Oh well it's their fault for not looking at the receipt.

BTW, if you are planning on selling on eBay, keep in mind that eBay implemented special rules for preorder of the PS3 and the original Wii, separate from their normal presale policy:
Sony PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii Pre-Sales. These highly-anticipated video game consoles will be in extremely short supply during their initial launch. During the launch of the similarly-released Microsoft Xbox 360, we saw a high number of well-intentioned sellers unable to meet their pre-sale obligations to buyers due to restricted supply, as well as an increase in fraudulent listings for these items. To prevent similar problems with these latest releases, the following restrictions have been placed on pre-sales for the PS3 and the Wii:

• Only one of each console can be listed per eBay account prior to the launch of the console (PS3 is expected to be available on 11/17/06, Wii on 11/19/06).
  • The seller must only accept payment through PayPal, and have at least 50 feedback with a 98% or greater positive rating so that they qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection.
  • The pre-sale item must be listed in the 3, 5, 7 or 10-day formats, and cannot use Buy It Now.
  • The listing must include a photo of your pre-order receipt in the description.
Since they haven't done it already (did it about 3-4 weeks before launch last time), it looks like they might not be doing anything special this time around, but just keep in mind that it's possible. I know I for one don't have 50 seller feedback.

[quote name='madcatz1999']BTW, if you are planning on selling on eBay, keep in mind that eBay implemented special rules for preorder of the PS3 and the original Wii, separate from their normal presale policy:
Since they haven't done it already (did it about 3-4 weeks before launch last time), it looks like they might not be doing anything special this time around, but just keep in mind that it's possible. I know I for one don't have 50 seller feedback.[/QUOTE]

eBay has tons and tons of specific policies that don't get enforced, I doubt this will be any different.

[quote name='Octopod']I bet the resale value goes up after the 18th when people can't find them in stores. Who knows though.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. 360 was going for $500 about 2-3 weeks before launch. Then when they came out it jumped to $950 and up. The one I sold was for $1075.

[quote name='spmahn']eBay has tons and tons of specific policies that don't get enforced, I doubt this will be any different.[/QUOTE]

according to google, ebay only lets you list 2 per 7 days if you list them the proper way without cutting corners to get around listing rules

How to list upcoming Nintendo and Apple products successfully to meet buyer demand
The launch of the latest highly-anticipated Apple and Nintendo products is just around the corner! Follow these guidelines when listing Lightning adapters/cables (OEM & Non OEM), iPad Minis, and Wii U items to help meet buyer demand and deliver excellent customer service.
Listing the latest Nintendo and Apple products as pre-sales
Sellers in full compliance with eBay’s Presale policy will be allowed to list the latest Nintendo and Apple products on eBay, 30 days prior to the launch date. Also:
  • Nintendo and Apple authorized resellers may list up to 25 items per week.
  • eBay Top Rated Sellers may list up to 4 items per week.
  • Sellers meeting our minimum performance standards may list 1 item per week.
  • Only sellers registered in the United States or Canada on eBay.com, eBay Motors, or eBay Canada, will be able to participate in this event.
Listing the latest Nintendo and Apple products after the launch
Once the latest Nintendo and Apple products are made available to the public, most sellers will be allowed to list them with some limitations:
  • Nintendo and Apple authorized resellers may list an unlimited number of items per week.
  • eBay Top Rated Sellers may list up to 8 items per week.
  • Sellers meeting our minimum performance standards may list 4 items per week.
  • Sellers who’ve confirmed their personal information may list 1 item per week.
  • Only sellers registered in the United States or Canada on eBay.com, eBay Motors, or eBay Canada will be able to participate in this event.
Sellers not meeting our minimum performance standards—or that haven’t confirmed their personal information—will not be allowed to list the latest Nintendo and Apple products during the pre-sale or post-launch sale period.
Nintendo and Apple related domain name and email address sales
Sellers offering Nintendo and Apple related domain names or email addresses for sale on eBay, both pre- and post-launch, will be allowed up to 4 listings—which must be in the Businesses & Websites for Sale category—per week.
Follow these best practices for selling the latest Nintendo and Apple and other products on eBay. Learn more about listing from your mobile device and optimizing photos for mobile buyers.

[quote name='thetruth1983']How to list upcoming Nintendo and Apple products successfully to meet buyer demand
The launch of the latest highly-anticipated Apple and Nintendo products is just around the corner! Follow these guidelines when listing Lightning adapters/cables (OEM & Non OEM), iPad Minis, and Wii U items to help meet buyer demand and deliver excellent customer service.
Listing the latest Nintendo and Apple products as pre-sales
Sellers in full compliance with eBay’s Presale policy will be allowed to list the latest Nintendo and Apple products on eBay, 30 days prior to the launch date. Also:
  • Nintendo and Apple authorized resellers may list up to 25 items per week.
  • eBay Top Rated Sellers may list up to 4 items per week.
  • Sellers meeting our minimum performance standards may list 1 item per week.
  • Only sellers registered in the United States or Canada on eBay.com, eBay Motors, or eBay Canada, will be able to participate in this event.
Listing the latest Nintendo and Apple products after the launch
Once the latest Nintendo and Apple products are made available to the public, most sellers will be allowed to list them with some limitations:
  • Nintendo and Apple authorized resellers may list an unlimited number of items per week.
  • eBay Top Rated Sellers may list up to 8 items per week.
  • Sellers meeting our minimum performance standards may list 4 items per week.
  • Sellers who’ve confirmed their personal information may list 1 item per week.
  • Only sellers registered in the United States or Canada on eBay.com, eBay Motors, or eBay Canada will be able to participate in this event.
Sellers not meeting our minimum performance standards—or that haven’t confirmed their personal information—will not be allowed to list the latest Nintendo and Apple products during the pre-sale or post-launch sale period.
Nintendo and Apple related domain name and email address sales
Sellers offering Nintendo and Apple related domain names or email addresses for sale on eBay, both pre- and post-launch, will be allowed up to 4 listings—which must be in the Businesses & Websites for Sale category—per week.
Follow these best practices for selling the latest Nintendo and Apple and other products on eBay. Learn more about listing from your mobile device and optimizing photos for mobile buyers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post. I can't wait.

Is there any way to get a Wii U this month? I wasn't going to bother but now I want one maybe. Is this gonna be the Wii release all over again where stored get like 8 units in a week? What can I do at this point? Thanks!

[quote name='theking20']Hmmmmmm haven't paid off my wal mart pre order/lay away yet, I should do that this week

I'm getting hyped :D[/QUOTE]

Make sure you don't pay it off completely or it will cause an error in the lay away system and you may not get your pre order

[quote name='Esmith08']I am just afraid of Target and Best-Buy preorders. I can see them having 100 plus preorders and only getting 15 units.[/QUOTE]

I think they are trying to guard against that this time. Best buy limited their pre orders and target only took 10 pre orders per store (5 basic / 5 deluxe). Walmart and GameStop though took a lot of pre orders especially Walmart

[quote name='Esmith08']I am just afraid of Target and Best-Buy preorders. I can see them having 100 plus preorders and only getting 15 units.[/QUOTE]
Be happy you don't have one at KMart.

Are the WiiU Midnight releases at Best Buy set in stone, like will they add any more stores, or is what's listed it?

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']I think they are trying to guard against that this time. Best buy limited their pre orders and target only took 10 pre orders per store (5 basic / 5 deluxe). Walmart and GameStop though took a lot of pre orders especially Walmart[/QUOTE]

I was surprised to hear that my GameStop alone has about 50 pre-orders. Now, I realize it's naive to think that's it's 100%, but I've been shocked by how adamant the guys at my GameStop are about the pre-orders having absolutely nothing to worry about on the 18th. I get that it's their job to keep people happy, but it hasn't sounded like 'customer is always right' kind of statements.

So, I'm hopeful. I mean, at this point, I have to be. It's the only pre-order I have in, so I'm banking on it. Plus, worst case scenario is that pre-orders get the next few shipments, so the most I'd have to deal with is not getting it right at launch. Even a guaranteed system before Christmas doesn't seem like something to scoff at given how this shaping up so far. I'm all paid off on the Deluxe and two games, so at least I'm good to go no matter when 'my' system is actually available.

Fingers crossed, but I do genuinely believe that GameStop actually had a plan here.

[quote name='Octopod']I bet the resale value goes up after the 18th when people can't find them in stores. Who knows though.[/QUOTE]

Not likely. I predict the resale value drops to retail. Most of the systems bought were to be resold. It doesnt look like there will be a shortage on top of that. And most people still have no idea what a Wii U is or that it is even coming out.

[quote name='musha666']Not likely. I predict the resale value drops to retail. Most of the systems bought were to be resold. It doesnt look like there will be a shortage on top of that. And most people still have no idea what a Wii U is or that it is even coming out.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, someone did post that the wait list GameStop started extends thru March of next year.

I have a Deluxe paid off at Gamestop, but I also still have a basic pre-order from another gamestop. I'm really not sure what to do with it. As ridiculous as it may sound, I honestly don't want to go through the hassle to sell it on ebay and risk the crap that can be associated with that if I'm only going to make like $75 off it.

I've been debating just cancelling it and getting my $25 credit back or hitting facebook and seeing if any friends in the area were trying to get one and they could just buy my pre-order for $25.

[quote name='musha666']Not likely. I predict the resale value drops to retail. Most of the systems bought were to be resold. It doesnt look like there will be a shortage on top of that. And most people still have no idea what a Wii U is or that it is even coming out.[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen.

- Holiday Season
- Limited Availability
- Likely the hottest item this year (along with iPads)

Not sure where you are getting the "doesn't look like a shortage" when we are two weeks away from launch and Nintendo (or GameStop?) already came out with the fact that the waitlist is into March (i.e. 4+ months away). It appears most reasonable people know this will infact be hard to come by and will be selling out left and right for months. Don't worry, I'm sure the "[INSERT STORE/WEBSITE] has Wii U's in stock! HURRRRRRY!!!!" threads to pop up every day here.

i've spoken to some Gamestops and most are echoing the "pre-order people are safe. People expecting to walk in...LOL" type comments.

I don't regret preordering one because I want one, but I wish they were going to be easier to find. Part of me wanted to wait until January but I know it's better off keeping my preorder instead of canceling it. It's just so much comes out this month, my bank account is seriously taking a hit :lol:.

Hopefully after the Wii-U launches, I can at least start saving money again.

[quote name='technicalstylez']wonder how long it takes them to restock after launch[/QUOTE]

IIRC, the Wii re-stock was twice a week. But typically people were waiting (literally) for the trucks to come in.

Best bet is going to be waiting for an online retailer to stock them. Retail stores will likely never even hit the floor.

What makes you think there will "not" be a shortage? Inside information?

I'm seriously considering just selling my free BK Wii-U when I get it and then take the money I gain from that and wait to buy a Deluxe version a few months after when they will be more available.

Though.. I tried the demo out at my local Bestbuy and I think I'm hooked. That touch-screen controller is pretty awesome.

If these weren't going to be hard to find would this topic have 4325 posts? These will be next to impossible to get at least until the holidays are over and probably longer.

[quote name='coolflea216']If these weren't going to be hard to find would this topic have 4325 posts? These will be next to impossible to get at least until the holidays are over and probably longer.[/QUOTE]

Even if you wait in line hours before opening day/midnight?

Waiting in line won't matter for something they won't have in stock. The Wii-U will be extremely limited stock everywhere and if you didn't preorder on already, good luck waiting in line.

[quote name='mustbepbs']Even if you wait in line hours before opening day/midnight?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has printed that they will have some and mention getting their early so I would go there. Check and see if they are doing a midnight launch and then go 10-12 hours prior and check things out

Wow, you guy's are getting my hyped for this Wii-U. I just got some money ($500) and I think I might just buy a Wii-U to resale it at a higher price and make a profit.

Add in the fact Nintendo is launching the system worldwide this year, and I think that spells massive shortages.

North America launches first, so we get a nice initial shipment, but in the following month is the Japan and European launches. I don't see NA getting significant restock shipments until after the holidays, especially with the weak dollar. They won't be in a huge rush to sell the systems at a loss when other regions are waiting for more systems as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back