Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Man. Remember that? Holy shit..won't happen again.[/QUOTE]

It would be quite a questionable move by Nintendo to let this happen again. Although this is the same company that still refuses to put a main series pokemon game on home consoles, went about 20 years between Mario side scrollers, and launched the 3DS at the same price they launched the Wii.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Man. Remember that? Holy shit..won't happen again.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm saying it won't happen again, because the Wii U will not be nearly as huge as the Wii.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Apparently the Deluxe Model is going for $500-$700 on eBay. I'll see what they continue to sell for as launch is upon us. I was going to sell two of them on Craigslist, but it's something sketchy about people on there...[/QUOTE]

eBay has far more risks. Chargebacks would be the biggest issue, but someone spending a premium on a Wii U, only to find it 3 weeks later in stores is likely going to return yours.

Spend $4 and get a counterfeit pen to test the cash.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Nah, I'm saying it won't happen again, because the Wii U will not be nearly as huge as the Wii.[/QUOTE]

And they said the Vita was going to crush the 3DS.

[quote name='maximumzero']And they said the Vita was going to crush the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with the Wii U? Don't bring that mess up in here, please.

[quote name='Dejaskater']Fist of all, i meant as part of NA's allotment, obviously I know canada is another country , i live one hour from the border of Ontario.
2. Multiple posts of mine in this thread have stated the worldwide number of 5.5 within the fiscal year, and us was confirmed for 2mish units split between 2 skus last i checked. Did you honestly think i meant 5m units in total? forever? someone needs to brush up on common sense and reading skills. Because not once did i say Canada was part of north america.
3. Wii came out in 2006, i got one at launch waiting in line at toysrus for six hours.
I wondered about the canada/North america possible combined allotment due to the fact that they are BOTH ntsc consoles.
If youre going to attmept to be a smartass, at least know what youre talking about.[/QUOTE]

1-07516-00_APH_Techno_Ball.jpg

Take it and go home.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']What does that have to do with the Wii U? Don't bring that mess up in here, please.[/QUOTE]

History tends to repeat itself.

[quote name='Drclaw411']This implies amazon will sell it, which isn't the case.[/QUOTE]

good job nitpicking.
Change amazon with toysrus + sears + kmart and there's your big 5

Anyways the guy puts the allocation in a good perspective. Going further if Walmart does get 400k units, i'm pretty sure they sold a good portion of them were sold in their online bundles. So you'd figure an even smaller number would be going to the B&M stores.
Same for Target/Gamestop/Bestbuy as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Walmart starting to piss me off, I have my pre-order with and a forced bundle with Zombie U I just got an email that Zombie U is delayed by them for a week WTF, so now it comes the following week for me. I hate Walmart with a passion.

[quote name='maximumzero']History tends to repeat itself.[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting that Nintendo will have a repeat of the phenomenon that was the Wii? Not a chance.

[quote name='tightclaws']Well Walmart starting to piss me off, I have my pre-order with and a forced bundle with Zombie U I just got an email that Zombie U is delayed by them for a week WTF, so now it comes the following week for me. I hate Walmart with a passion.[/QUOTE]

So I called Walmart now they are telling me they oversold the whole thing and don't know when any of my order will ship, and I was one of the first to pre order. I hate Walmart, everyone else who ordered at Walmart.com be ready to get screwed over. I ordered Sept. 18th too.

[quote name='tightclaws']Well Walmart starting to piss me off, I have my pre-order with and a forced bundle with Zombie U I just got an email that Zombie U is delayed by them for a week WTF, so now it comes the following week for me. I hate Walmart with a passion.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain, spending like $450 on that bundle only to get the game late. Can always buy a second copy and return the shipped copy. Or play the crap out of Nintendo Land until it arrives.

[quote name='jwcdis']I feel your pain, spending like $450 on that bundle only to get the game late. Can always buy a second copy and return the shipped copy. Or play the crap out of Nintendo Land until it arrives.[/QUOTE]
It gets worse now they are telling me the whole package is delayed/ on hold.

[quote name='tightclaws']It gets worse now they are telling me the whole package is delayed/ on hold.[/QUOTE]

I'll never pre order from an online retailer. Ever. Just because of this stuff. It's always safer to pre order from B&M stores. Glad I got mine last month on layaway.

So I called back at Walmart.com because I did not trust the rep I talked to. Well this rep said no there is no delay on the system only Zombie U and my system will ship and arrive on time, but Zombie U will be the folllowing Week we will see. Walmart is a clusterfuck.

I just got back from paying my walmart layaway down to a penny. I asked if the process was proceeding as it was supposed to, and the associate got the electronics manager for me. He said there were all of 2 preordered at my store, and that he had my sticker printed out, showed me a folder it was in, and said that as soon as they're in stock, he's separating the layaway units from the regular ones. I'm thinking that I'll still end up picking it up on either the 18th or 19th, but he told me that it'll be held until the 14th of December, and not to worry about it, if I want to wait until closer to christmas.

I haven't really been that worried about it, but since the associates knew nothing about the item when I put it on layaway, I figured it couldn't hurt to follow up on it while I was there.

Ok, we just pulled the trigger on a new 82" DLP from Walt's.. they have the best price on them, so we'll have 1080p, 3d, and 82 inches compared to our old 50" plasma, AND we'll have the Wii U all setup within one week's time.

Odds are we'll die from geekgasms on wii u launch day now.

has anyone used the 2d-3d conversion on DLps on video games? is i worthwhie, or just one of those gimmicky crap features?

[quote name='Dejaskater']Fist of all, i meant as part of NA's allotment, obviously I know canada is another country , i live one hour from the border of Ontario.
2. Multiple posts of mine in this thread have stated the worldwide number of 5.5 within the fiscal year, and us was confirmed for 2mish units split between 2 skus last i checked. Did you honestly think i meant 5m units in total? forever? someone needs to brush up on common sense and reading skills. Because not once did i say Canada was part of north america.
3. Wii came out in 2006, i got one at launch waiting in line at toysrus for six hours.
I wondered about the canada/North america possible combined allotment due to the fact that they are BOTH ntsc consoles.
If youre going to attmept to be a smartass, at least know what youre talking about.[/QUOTE]

Mordecai and Rigby say "WHOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! In YO face!" lol Well said.

[quote name='tightclaws']So I called Walmart now they are telling me they oversold the whole thing and don't know when any of my order will ship, and I was one of the first to pre order. I hate Walmart, everyone else who ordered at Walmart.com be ready to get screwed over. I ordered Sept. 18th too.[/QUOTE]

My order was just charged and my order is in process. I ordered on the 16th. There were probably a ton of orders placed from the 16th to the 18th when you ordered.

I'm wondering what to do with my Wii that I want to trade in. I want to transfer the saves and data from it to the Wii U, but I'd like the trade-in credit. Would Gamestop allow a trade-in against the purchase after I bought it?

I love when people "hate" a place and still shop/order from there. Man I hate _______ my ______ is delayed/canceled AGAIN. Again is the problematic word lol. I live in the sticks in Ohio and I had 10+ options B&M alone. The cards at target have been so easy to get I have sold 4 deluxe pre-orders on CL to people locally. Gamestop started my hunt months ago when I ws told about the "wait list" that was now estimated March. I walked into Walmart down the road and the guy said I was only the second to lay one away. That was October 17th!

[quote name='lwh1993']I'm wondering what to do with my Wii that I want to trade in. I want to transfer the saves and data from it to the Wii U, but I'd like the trade-in credit. Would Gamestop allow a trade-in against the purchase after I bought it?[/QUOTE]

I did that when I upgraded from fat to slim 360's last year. If you have any relationship with the store emp's it is possible.

[quote name='jedi0077']Is scribblenaughts cool? Never played it and I saw the price as 29.99 on the N site and it's 59.99 at all retailers?[/QUOTE]

The N site? What's that and is it still on sale for 29.99?

I've never played a Scribblenauts game before, but I watched a few videos and it seems pretty cool. Something me and the gf can play together at least.

[quote name='jedi0077']Is scribblenaughts cool? Never played it and I saw the price as 29.99 on the N site and it's 59.99 at all retailers?[/QUOTE]

i have the first one for the ds. it's tight. i read that the second one was better in some respects (it let you use all sorts of adjectives). this one for the wii u seems pretty cool too. you'll be able to scribble classic nintendo characters.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/09/when-nintendo-arrived-in-scribblenauts-unlimited

It's fun. A good game for kids. My girlfriend loves it and I like it well enough for the $43 I have locked in at NewEgg. I'm excited for the new creation feature.

After some searching, seems like Scribblenauts Unlimited is $29.99 for PC and $59.99 for Wii U.... what's the deal? They are the same game. Seems like a ripoff.

Whoever it is that keeps saying Canada is not part of North America, the reason you're getting ripped on is your choice of words. It seems like you're using "North America" as a term for the Northern United States. But North America is a continent, which contains Mexico, the United States, and Canada. So Canada is indeed in North America. I think that's where the confusion is coming from.

[quote name='mBucket']After some searching, seems like Scribblenauts Unlimited is $29.99 for PC and $59.99 for Wii U.... what's the deal? They are the same game. Seems like a ripoff.[/QUOTE]

Consoles games are always more expensive than their PC counterparts.

Sorry for the double post. Posting on iPhone.

I got my copy of Black Ops II for Wii U. No Nuketown 2025 map came in the box from Amazon. I called Amazon and they said to call Activision. I called Activision and they flipped out I already had my copy and refused to help me, saying I need to talk to Amazon. So far a great experience... :(

[quote name='majorscud']I got my copy of Black Ops II for Wii U. No Nuketown 2025 map came in the box from Amazon. I called Amazon and they said to call Activision. I called Activision and they flipped out I already had my copy and refused to help me, saying I need to talk to Amazon. So far a great experience... :([/QUOTE]

why do they give a sh't? it's not like you can play the game before next week.

[quote name='fshaia']An older story, for what its worth, Analyst Michael Pachter Predicts Nintendo To Manufacture 3.6 Million Wii U Units Before Christmas

http://gengame.net/2012/09/analyst-...ufacture-3-6-million-wii-us-before-christmas/[/QUOTE]
I've never known Pachter to predict something correctly. As a general rule of thumb, whenever he makes a prediction, I expect the opposite.

[quote name='jedi0077']Is scribblenaughts cool?[/QUOTE]
It's fantastic. I loved the first game. I loved the second game even more. As long as you have a good imagination, they are excellent games. That's an important thing to keep in mind because the game is designed to let you beat each level in many different ways. You can get through half of the game with a gun and a jetpack and be bored to tears. Or you can summon a horde of flaming zombies riding bears and wielding samurai swords. You can go about it however you please, but the game rewards you for creativity, ingenuity, and originality/freshness. There is even a challenge mode in which you replay puzzles three times without using the same items twice.

The games certainly aren't perfect, but it's one of my favorite IP's and Unlimited is one of the main reasons why I'm getting a Wii U at launch. If you have a DS, I highly recommend getting the first two games. You can skip the first because the sequel is better in every way, but you might also have a better appreciation for it if you see the progression/improvement for yourself. And if you have an iPhone, you can get Scribblenauts Remix for something like $5. It combines elements of both games and has a set of new levels.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']why do they give a sh't? it's not like you can play the game before next week.[/QUOTE]
Ha ha, seriously. I understand being concerned about the embargo and whatnot, but it's pointless to worry if he can't even play the game. The only people who can play it right now got their copies directly from Activision.

Ha ha, seriously. I understand being concerned about the embargo and whatnot, but it's pointless to worry if he can't even play the game. The only people who can play it right now got their copies directly from Activision.[/QUOTE]

Also it's nice to have a Wii U to play it on which I'm sure he does not.

[quote name='majorscud']I got my copy of Black Ops II for Wii U. No Nuketown 2025 map came in the box from Amazon. I called Amazon and they said to call Activision. I called Activision and they flipped out I already had my copy and refused to help me, saying I need to talk to Amazon. So far a great experience... :([/QUOTE]

You would have got gold if it was the PS3 and 360 version.

People are paying over 2,000 dollars on Ebay just to get the game 3 days early.

[quote name='ral1121']You would have got gold if it was the PS3 and 360 version.

People are paying over 2,000 dollars on Ebay just to get the game 3 days early.[/QUOTE]

Quasimoto! Good shit, bro.

I'm somewhat comfortable with them, since they are used to dealing high volume, and have been through many product launches.

But just incase, I also preordered elsewhere. I always try to have a backup plan for potential issues.

[quote name='tightclaws']Anyone else who ordered from Walmart.com have a bad feeling? I just don't trust those backwards inbreeds.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should keep calling them. Over and over and over again. I'm sure they love answering daily phone calls asking if their Wii-U preorders are still good.

That's because Nuketown 2025 isn't in the Wii-U version.

[quote name='Nico8912']That's because Nuketown 2025 isn't in the Wii-U version.[/QUOTE]

ohhhh yeaaaah...forgot about that :oops:

[quote name='Nico8912']That's because Nuketown 2025 isn't in the Wii-U version.[/QUOTE]

Until they just removed it (and I mean just removed it), amazon was stating the Wii U version came with Nuketown 2025 (so was Activision's preorder website for the game).

No I don't have a system to play it on yet, I'll be pickiing it up a week from Sunday, but being told I would get the map for preordering then not getting it does cheese me off.

pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/majorscud/8170347940/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/majorscud/8170345544/

Email from Amazon:

Greetings from *Name removed to protect the innocent* at Amazon.com,

Hi Major Scud, I am very sorry about the missing code for the 2025 Nuketown map that wasn't in your video game as originally stated on the website. I can see that the information for the Nintendo Wii U does reflect the code does come with the purchase but no longer is stating it comes in the box.

I suspect that due to some error, that this code wasn't put in the game box for the Wii U platform and that our marketing department is going to be issuing the code for each order of this game for the Wii U platform.

As the previous associate indicated, we know we haven't yet resolved the issue, but we have taken the correct steps to submit the information to our marketing team so they can investigate and get you a code to access this 2025 Nuketown Map.

I look forward to getting back with you on Monday, November 12, 2012 with an update and hopefully by then you will have already received the code, but it does take 1-2 business days usually, which doesn't include weekends, so it might take a little longer. We will discuss the options and what I can find out between now and then.

I greatly appreciate your patience and want to thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Were Wiimotes hard to find when the Wii launched? I'm wondering if Wii U Pro Controller will be easy to grab on launch day.

Worth $5~10 maximum for me. Fun game though.

[quote name='Krate']Were Wiimotes hard to find when the Wii launched? I'm wondering if Wii U Pro Controller will be easy to grab on launch day.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they were a bitch to find until the next spring/summer IIRC. I don't think demand for the Pro controllers will be THAT big but I wouldn't get my hopes up about strolling out with one on launch day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back