Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='majorscud']Until they just removed it (and I mean just removed it), amazon was stating the Wii U version came with Nuketown 2025 (so was Activision's preorder website for the game).

No I don't have a system to play it on yet, I'll be pickiing it up a week from Sunday, but being told I would get the map for preordering then not getting it does cheese me off.

pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/majorscud/8170347940/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/majorscud/8170345544/

Email from Amazon:

Greetings from *Name removed to protect the innocent* at Amazon.com,

Hi Major Scud, I am very sorry about the missing code for the 2025 Nuketown map that wasn't in your video game as originally stated on the website. I can see that the information for the Nintendo Wii U does reflect the code does come with the purchase but no longer is stating it comes in the box.

I suspect that due to some error, that this code wasn't put in the game box for the Wii U platform and that our marketing department is going to be issuing the code for each order of this game for the Wii U platform.

As the previous associate indicated, we know we haven't yet resolved the issue, but we have taken the correct steps to submit the information to our marketing team so they can investigate and get you a code to access this 2025 Nuketown Map.

I look forward to getting back with you on Monday, November 12, 2012 with an update and hopefully by then you will have already received the code, but it does take 1-2 business days usually, which doesn't include weekends, so it might take a little longer. We will discuss the options and what I can find out between now and then.

I greatly appreciate your patience and want to thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Thank you for your inquiry.[/QUOTE]

If you really push it, you might get a 10$ promotional code from amazon.

Or they may tell you that the publisher made the change not them, and you need to take it up with them.

[quote name='Gareee']
Ok, we just pulled the trigger on a new 82" DLP from Walt's.. they have the best price on them, so we'll have 1080p, 3d, and 82 inches compared to our old 50" plasma, AND we'll have the Wii U all setup within one week's time.
[/QUOTE]

Plasma has the best picture quality and DLP has the worst picture quality. Bigger is always better. However, DLP has some poor viewing angles if you are watching it from an angle. They call it the screen door effect. If you demo'd the same tv model in the store, then I suppose you know what to expect.

[quote name='Krate']Were Wiimotes hard to find when the Wii launched? I'm wondering if Wii U Pro Controller will be easy to grab on launch day.[/QUOTE]

Quite hard, I just preordered 2 pros at GS
$5 down each

So this is going to sound really stupid at this point but thinking of pulling trigger on a Wii U. Didn't think I'd have any money but now can swing it. Does Wal-Mart still accept pre-orders in store? I figure that's the only hope at this point.

[quote name='Sizzler7']So this is going to sound really stupid at this point but thinking of pulling trigger on a Wii U. Didn't think I'd have any money but now can swing it. Does Wal-Mart still accept pre-orders in store? I figure that's the only hope at this point.[/QUOTE]

Revelation a month too late...I think your best bet is Walmart, I would head there in person tho...could check out a local target and see if they have any reserve cards left.

Wal-Mart Pre-Order offer is dead.

I dropped by today to attempt to pre-order a Wii U for launch, and while the lady behind the counter said she was expecting 18 units for launch and they only had 3 existing pre-orders, the SKU/UPC she tried to scan in the pre-order process was refused by the computer, so it looks like it's been disabled.

Now I just need to try to find out how midnight launches will work...will there be a specific place to line up or will it just be a mad dash to the counter at midnight?

[quote name='Sizzler7']So this is going to sound really stupid at this point but thinking of pulling trigger on a Wii U. Didn't think I'd have any money but now can swing it. Does Wal-Mart still accept pre-orders in store? I figure that's the only hope at this point.[/QUOTE]

I tried at my local WalMarts and was told they stopped taking pre-orders Nov 1st. They all had the same story, but said they would have more than what was pre-ordered. Target sounds like it's been a pretty good deal for a few people here. Mine haven't had the pre-order cards in awhile now, though. Good luck.

The EB where I pre-ordered at doesn't plan to do a midnight launch or open early Sunday at this time...Really thinking of taking all but the $150 of store credit off my pre-order early morning on the 17th and going to try my luck at my local Best Buy's midnight launch.

[quote name='Ultrawolf']Friend of Sonic, yes they can.[/QUOTE]

At Best Buy they can? I'll have to ask about that. Any tips on helping the CS person out?

Thanks for the tips guys will probably just wait, I'm just getting that new console itch but only The Wonderful 101 and Mario is all I would play till next March. If I see it on a shelf at Target in the next 5 months I'll grab one.

[quote name='advanced']At Best Buy they can? I'll have to ask about that. Any tips on helping the CS person out?[/QUOTE]
Need tips too. Person told me the preorder would be have to cancelled and re-preordered (which is impossible now)

[quote name='Sizzler7']Thanks for the tips guys will probably just wait, I'm just getting that new console itch but only The Wonderful 101 and Mario is all I would play till next March. If I see it on a shelf at Target in the next 5 months I'll grab one.[/QUOTE]

Still worth checking Target... just saw a preorder card hanging there less than a hour ago...

[quote name='gordojones88']Plasma has the best picture quality and DLP has the worst picture quality. Bigger is always better. However, DLP has some poor viewing angles if you are watching it from an angle. They call it the screen door effect. If you demo'd the same tv model in the store, then I suppose you know what to expect.[/QUOTE]

We've owned a plasma for 4 years now, but everything I've read says the newer DLPs have a better picture, but the concerns are the lamp life.

We'll know in a week, and once we hook up the Wii U, we can see if the picture quality matches up to those amazing monitors Nintendo used for the demo units.

Those look better I think than anything else I've seen.

i pre-ordered nsmbu from newegg. i wonder if i can just buy it from a b&m on release day, then return my newegg copy to the b&m when i get it.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']i pre-ordered nsmbu from newegg. i wonder if i can just buy it from a b&m on release day, then return my newegg copy to the b&m when i get it.[/QUOTE]

I thought about doing that too. But it feels, idk... immoral lol. I guess I'm too paranoid they'd find some reason not to take it then I'm stuck with 2 copies of the game.

[quote name='Gareee']We've owned a plasma for 4 years now, but everything I've read says the newer DLPs have a better picture, but the concerns are the lamp life.

We'll know in a week, and once we hook up the Wii U, we can see if the picture quality matches up to those amazing monitors Nintendo used for the demo units.

Those look better I think than anything else I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Did you demo the tv model you bought in the store. Did you see it hooked up and turned on with some HD material playing. If you liked what you saw, you're good. If you haven't actually seen the tv model you purchased turned on and playing HD material, you need to. It's important, stand a few feet off to the side and see if you like the picture quality. There is a reason they have stopped mass producing DLPs.

[quote name='gordojones88']Did you demo the tv model you bought in the store. Did you see it hooked up and turned on with some HD material playing. If you liked what you saw, you're good. If you haven't actually seen the tv model you purchased turned on and playing HD material, you need to. It's important, stand a few feet off to the side and see if you like the picture quality. There is a reason they have stopped mass producing DLPs.[/QUOTE]
That reason being that people want flat panels that they can hang above their fireplace and not relatively big bulky boxes.

So I got my copy of Black Ops II for Wii U from Amazon today. Got the game before everyone! Just can't play it until the system comes out... assuming Target's preorder cards work as designed. Just thought it was interesting that the games have started to ship out.

[quote name='gordojones88']Plasma has the best picture quality and DLP has the worst picture quality. Bigger is always better. However, DLP has some poor viewing angles if you are watching it from an angle. They call it the screen door effect. If you demo'd the same tv model in the store, then I suppose you know what to expect.[/QUOTE]

Wow...could you have given any more poor advice in that paragraph? First off, DLPs are supposed to have a very nice image, but they are bulky. Bigger is not always better, especially depending on room and sitting distance. With plasma, you have things to worry about also, dithering took me a bit to get used to, but the response time is great.

The screen door effect is only for LCD projection tvs and is caused by the LCD grid being big enough to see the indivial pixels and the space between them.

In fact, just about the only thing you said that was true was the viewing angle.

Went to Walmart and paid down the rest of what I owed, which was $29, except for $1 just to make it easier when I pick it up and to ensure I make a payment within 30 days just in case that matters. I was assured again that my Walmart at least is doing a midnight launch(ymmv?) and that systems are guaranteed. I asked about lines and I was told we would most likely pay off the final amount at layaway and then get in another line to receive our systems. Seems like they could just hand them out as you pay but whatever.

[quote name='starshipvelcro']Wow...could you have given any more poor advice in that paragraph? First off, DLPs are supposed to have a very nice image, but they are bulky. Bigger is not always better, especially depending on room and sitting distance. With plasma, you have things to worry about also, dithering took me a bit to get used to, but the response time is great.

The screen door effect is only for LCD projection tvs and is caused by the LCD grid being big enough to see the indivial pixels and the space between them.

In fact, just about the only thing you said that was true was the viewing angle.[/QUOTE]

I owned a 62" DLP for years and would NEVER even consider owning another DLP. I have owned LCD and myself prefer plasma (I have 3 of those). DLP's image is a far 3rd behind plasma and LCD/LED. And you have to put out a ridiculous cost to replace the bulb every couple years (if you're lucky). You pay less up front, but will end up paying much more by the end of the TV's lifespan.

I own 60in dlp, and the concept of just replacing a bulb sounds amazing. Ive owned it for 3 maybe 4 years and the most frustrating thing is ehen the bulb goes out. I have actually bought a samsung led at one point to replace it but the picture wasnt as good as the mitsubishi dlp. I ended up returning the samsung and just buying a new bulb. I also own a LCD and the picture on the dlp is much better. I guess it depends on what TV you have now. Like I can never go back to a small living room TV now and a less quality image.

[quote name='mBucket']I thought about doing that too. But it feels, idk... immoral lol. I guess I'm too paranoid they'd find some reason not to take it then I'm stuck with 2 copies of the game.[/QUOTE]

no reason they shouldnt the barcode number should be the same. and worst case scenario wal mart takes returns without a receipt or better yet if you buy the game from wal mart wal mart game receipts will say xbox 360 game and not specify so you could likely return any 360 game for example(yes we are talking about the wii u but just using the 360 here as an example). but again the barcode should be the same so shouldnt be an issue.

is this immoral? maybe i dont know....nobody is losing money though so you arent stealing or ripping anyone off. the store will just sell the copy to another person.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I owned a 62" DLP for years and would NEVER even consider owning another DLP. I have owned LCD and myself prefer plasma (I have 3 of those). DLP's image is a far 3rd behind plasma and LCD/LED. And you have to put out a ridiculous cost to replace the bulb every couple years (if you're lucky). You pay less up front, but will end up paying much more by the end of the TV's lifespan.[/QUOTE]Distant third? DLP sets keep getting better with each year and I've got an LCD that was rated better yet I still continue to prefer watching sports on my DLP TV. As for the "ridiculous" cost to replace the bulb, I pay $35 for a new bulb every couple of years. It'd last longer if I didn't have kids.

Hurry up! Ending soon ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wii-U-Latest-Model-Deluxe-Set-32-GB-Black-Console-with-EXTRAS-/221147661572?pt=Video_Games&hash=item337d6d8504

[quote name='Ashlee']Hurry up! Ending soon ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wii-U-Latest-Model-Deluxe-Set-32-GB-Black-Console-with-EXTRAS-/221147661572?pt=Video_Games&hash=item337d6d8504[/QUOTE]

I can't believe people are paying that much for the chance to have a target employee say "sold out".

Sorry of the OT DLP vs LE chatter, but since part of the reason we sprung for it was because we'd also be redoing the entertainment setup anyway with the wii u coming next weekend.

The newer Mitsibishi DLPs have amazing picture quality. (Yes, we saw one setup properly.. adjusting the settings on these sounds like its quite important initially. if they are not adjusted, they look like crap, just like a badly adjusted led looks like oversaturated "video tape" quality for everything.)
Keep in mind, its pretty much the same system used in theaters.

I'm not sure we'll even use the 3d option that much, but to get a 70" led smart tv with 3d, we'd have to pay $1000 more. Even if we had to buy 5 lamps over the next 10 years, it still would be cheaper, and we'd still have a much larger screen.

Zombi U or Assassin's Creed 3 though in 82" with simulated 3D Does sound interesting though!

It'll be interesting to see if we see any significant difference on a new tv system between our PS3 slim, and the new Wii U.

BTw, i HAVE gotten a confirmation from Activision that there IS in fact a Wii U portal owners pack due for release next weekend. if I recall though, someone is doing a black friday starter pack at about the same price, and the Wii U version might be included in that sale.. if so, the starter pack might be more attractive, because it includes a exclusive figure in the pack. (The Wii U portal owners pack though might also include the same exclusive figure.. hard to tell until we see one out in the wild.)

[quote name='Drclaw411']I can't believe people are paying that much for the chance to have a target employee say "sold out".[/QUOTE]

I like how the guy describes that not only the Wii U will be sold out on release day, but also the games!!!

[quote name='Ashlee']I like how the guy describes that not only the Wii U will be sold out on release day, but also the games!!![/QUOTE]

I like how he says that Target doesn't give cards for the black deluxe when I have I card for the black one right here. Also, he tells people to check receipt, but its clearly a Walmart layaway receipt NOT a Target preorder receipt. I wouldn't be surprised if those bids for $860 are fakes from friends of his. I can't imagine anyone would pay that much for a Wii U.

[quote name='robodaddyo']Distant third? DLP sets keep getting better with each year and I've got an LCD that was rated better yet I still continue to prefer watching sports on my DLP TV. As for the "ridiculous" cost to replace the bulb, I pay $35 for a new bulb every couple of years. It'd last longer if I didn't have kids.[/QUOTE]

Well I stand corrected on the bulb price. Its been a couple years but when I owned a Toshina dlp it was $165 or so a pop to replace and that was shopping for a deal.

As for the image quality, thats always going to be personal preference. Evidently they have made strides with the Mitsubishi, which I have seen in store. But for me at least I'll always highly favor plasma in that department.

[quote name='ets']I own 60in dlp, and the concept of just replacing a bulb sounds amazing. Ive owned it for 3 maybe 4 years and the most frustrating thing is ehen the bulb goes out. I have actually bought a samsung led at one point to replace it but the picture wasnt as good as the mitsubishi dlp. I ended up returning the samsung and just buying a new bulb. I also own a LCD and the picture on the dlp is much better. I guess it depends on what TV you have now. Like I can never go back to a small living room TV now and a less quality image.[/QUOTE]

I really liked my Samsung 42" DLP I bought 6 years ago. I replaced the lamp once. 2 months later everything just went. I replaced 2 fans, another lamp and a color wheel. Only to find out it was a ballast issue. So all I really did was make my 47" Vizio LCD 3D 260$ more expensive.... I love my Vizio, can't wait to sit in front of it playing Mario in HD with a drool cup.

$30 off two $59 wii U titles if better than nothing off wii U titles anywhere else, unless you got the amazon $12 off preorder deal a few weeks ago.. but having the titles in hand, or waiting for them to arrrive a few days later is better, IMHO.

I'm supposed to hear what titles are included in that Total Rewards program deal in the next email from them as well.

I'm also seeing a LOT of new Wii U news articles popping up on the web daily the last few days, BTW. One pointed out two "mystery" plugs on the gampad. (Maybe one will be for that finger pulse add on thing we saw a few years back that never saw the light of day.)

I also still haven't seen any feature use of the gamepad camera yet, and I don't think skype (r anyting like it) is supported in the wii U online services.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ashlee']I like how the guy describes that not only the Wii U will be sold out on release day, but also the games!!![/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what Game Stop says.

[quote name='WesWarlord']It says for all titles $49.99 and below. I'm not sure which titles that would be.[/QUOTE]

I know that Sonic All-Stars racing will be $39.99

$49.99 titles
ESPN Sports collection
Just Dance 4
Rabbids Land
Marvel Avengers
Epic Mickey 2

[quote name='Gareee']$30 off two $59 wii U titles if better than nothing off wii U titles anywhere else, unless you got the amazon $12 off preorder deal a few weeks ago.. but having the titles in hand, or waiting for them to arrrive a few days later is better, IMHO.

I'm supposed to hear what titles are included in that Total Rewards program deal in the next email from them as well.

I'm also seeing a LOT of new Wii U news articles popping up on the web daily the last few days, BTW. One pointed out two "mystery" plugs on the gampad. (Maybe one will be for that finger pulse add on thing we saw a few years back that never saw the light of day.)

I also still haven't seen any feature use of the gamepad camera yet, and I don't think skype (r anyting like it) is supported in the wii U online services.[/QUOTE]

I don't think $30 off 2 Wii U games is going to work for some of the heavy hitters (NSMBWU and ZombiU) that come out on launch day, since the deal ends on the 17th. I'd be down to pick them up from TRU though if it did work.

The Camera on the Gamepad was featured in the new Nintendo Direct that websites have been posting. It's like if Skype and Pictochat had a baby.

I don't think $30 off 2 Wii U games is going to work for some of the heavy hitters (NSMBWU and ZombiU) that come out on launch day, since the deal ends on the 17th. I'd be down to pick them up from TRU though if it did work.

I figure we'll check to see if any of the launch day titles are put out in advance. Itd be kinda silly to run a sale but not put out any titles.

Worse case it'll be a wasted trip. Best case, we save at least $30 on two top shelf titles or if we got nuts, we save $60..

The Camera on the Gamepad was featured in the new Nintendo Direct that websites have been posting. It's like if Skype and Pictochat had a baby.

Too funny.. I'll have to google to see if I can find articles about this.

They'll put out some titles, as they're due out on the 13th. A lot of games that I'm into (Scribblenauts, NSMBWU, ZombiU) are all Launch day titles that are due out on the 18th.

Call of Duty, AC3, Batman and some other titles are due out this week though.

We'll count on the ignorance/lack of concern of underpaid/seasonal employees for the TRU sale. Ya get what ya pay for, and they are all underpaid, and many will be seasonal without a clue.

Counting on ignorance is a bit ignorant. ;)

Hopefully they put some out early. I'd love to cancel my NewEgg order on NSMBWU and get NSMBWU/ZombiU for $50 taxed. That'd be dope. I'm not holding my breath on it though.

People were complaining earlier in the tread that you can't purchase the Wii-U GamePad by itself on launch. The reason for that is that there isn't any games require 2 Gamepad controllers at launch. When a game does come out that needs 2 Gamepads, nintendo will be happy to take your money then.

They actually said originally the system would never support 2 gamepads.. then recently they backpeddaled on that saying second gamepads would be released sometime next year.

If they sell for $100 a pop, I can't see many people buying into them, unless they come bundled with a new top shelf game.

I'm a TRU kid. We've received Madden and Fifa thus far with street dates of Nov. 13. I'll be putting these and whatever else WiiU games out whose street date is prior to Nov.18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back