Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Concerning the TRU ad, tell me if I'm right.

Say I buy NSMBU and ZombiU. That's $59.99 + $59.99 - $30 = $89.98 + ~$8 tax = $97.98

Right now, I have them through Newegg for $47.99 each so $95.98 total.

Maybe it's worth the extra $2 to have them launch day. What's the chances of TRU putting these games on sale before Nov. 18? Probably slim to none is my guess.

The Superstore Walmart in Gainesville, VA is no longer taking Wii U Layaway reserves. Considering there aren't many Superstore Walmarts in Northern VA, that to me says there will be a shortage.

Headed to wal mart to make a payment on my lay away and I see a lotta people have only paid down to a penny. Why is this? Why not pay it off completely?

[quote name='Despacio']Headed to wal mart to make a payment on my lay away and I see a lotta people have only paid down to a penny. Why is this? Why not pay it off completely?[/QUOTE]

I think people are saying if you pay it off completely, it looks like you picked it up already in their systems and they may get confused and not hold it for you.

[quote name='AcePuppy']The Superstore Walmart in Gainesville, VA is no longer taking Wii U Layaway reserves. Considering there aren't many Superstore Walmarts in Northern VA, that to me says there will be a shortage.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily true. Walmart said all along that they would stop taking preorders (layaway payments) on November 1st. Few people have said that their Walmarts were going to get a few extra to sell at midnight. I guess we shall see.

Call me crazy, but I cancelled my $48 NSMBU pre-order from NewEgg because I am going digital. Sure, it is costing me more, but my son and wife have proven to me that discs have ~5% chance of survival in my home.

I have kept my COD:BO2 pre-order as I don't believe it will be available as download. I am hoping Nintendo does a good job keeping digital games as competitive as possible to retail. If Nintendo doesn't do a good job at this, then I'll just spend less on the platform.

[quote name='Despacio']Headed to wal mart to make a payment on my lay away and I see a lotta people have only paid down to a penny. Why is this? Why not pay it off completely?[/QUOTE]

Because if you read the Wal-mart Wii U document it instructs them to tell customers to leave $0.01 on the account so it doesn't close out the layaway account that is for the Wii U.

I'm sure if you paid it off and your layaway account is closed you still would MAYBE be able to pickup your Wii U. But I wouldn't risk that because they can just say that they thought you picked it up already as your layaway account is closed.

I really prefer discs over digital. But that reminds me.. anyone find any killer deals on external hard drives for the Wii U? I was going to cannibalize one of my network external drives, but I'm looking at a 1.5 tb drive right now for $69 shipped. That should be enough storage for the life of the Wii U, based on our PS3 slim storage capabillity, I'd think.

[quote name='Masx']Because if you read the Wal-mart Wii U document it instructs them to tell customers to leave $0.01 on the account so it doesn't close out the layaway account that is for the Wii U.

I'm sure if you paid it off and your layaway account is closed you still would MAYBE be able to pickup your Wii U. But I wouldn't risk that because they can just say that they thought you picked it up already as your layaway account is closed.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thank you sir for the swift response.

Anybody know if stores carry the Wii LAN adapters anymore? Word on the street is that we're going to need one of these things for the WiiU. Good luck playing anything like Black Ops online with WiFi.

Thats the first I've heard of needing a lan adapter for net connectivity.

EDIT:

Specs:

Networking - Wireless connection (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), Wii LAN Adapters support via USB 2.0 connectors

So yes, you can add a hardware lan adapter, or you can just connect wirelessly.

I have a Wii U Preorder at Best Buy and likely won't have the money to pay it off at launch, so I'm probably gonna try selling my preorder on craigslist to use the money towards a tv since I just got a PS3 for cheap. Sucks that I'll miss getting a Wii U at launch but I will get one in a few months...probably with tax refund.

I probably should have traded my PS3 to Gamestop during double trade bonus to buy games to flip for credit to Best Buy for my Wii U but there are so many cheap PS3 games.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Anybody know if stores carry the Wii LAN adapters anymore? Word on the street is that we're going to need one of these things for the WiiU. Good luck playing anything like Black Ops online with WiFi.[/QUOTE]

so much fail

[quote name='Rockym']I like how he says that Target doesn't give cards for the black deluxe when I have I card for the black one right here. Also, he tells people to check receipt, but its clearly a Walmart layaway receipt NOT a Target preorder receipt. I wouldn't be surprised if those bids for $860 are fakes from friends of his. I can't imagine anyone would pay that much for a Wii U.[/QUOTE]

The whole post is weird. He makes it sound like he mis-ordered the white one from Target, but then went to Walmart and got a preorder for the black one. I can't believe anyone would be willing to throw that much money around for one of these, but even more so on a listing that's so confusing....

[quote name='rschauby']Call me crazy, but I cancelled my $48 NSMBU pre-order from NewEgg because I am going digital. Sure, it is costing me more, but my son and wife have proven to me that discs have ~5% chance of survival in my home.[/QUOTE]
Considering how long it takes for first-party Nintendo titles to drop in price and the 5% refund that comes with the Premium program, it really isn't that bad a digital ecosystem to dive into. I'm doing the same thing with NSMBU, but I bought Tekken Tag using the Newegg preorder.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Thats exactly what Game Stop says.[/QUOTE]

LOL. The last time I was in a Gamestop they told me if I didn't pre-order the new Madden, I wouldn't be able to get it.....anywhere.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Good luck playing anything like Black Ops online with WiFi.[/QUOTE]
I disagree. As long as you have a decent signal, changing from wired to wireless shouldn't have any significant impact on latency (bandwidth obviously isn't an issue for online gaming). At worse, you might see a 2 or 3ms increase in latency. Case in point, I just tried it with my computer, doing a network test:

Wired: Latency 40ms; Jitter (Latency variability): 0ms
Wireless: Latency 41ms; Jitter (Latency variability): 0ms

[quote name='Gareee']Wii LAN Adapters support via USB 2.0 connectors

So yes, you can add a hardware lan adapter, or you can just connect wirelessly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post.

Does this mean that if I do a search on NewEgg for any "USB 2.0 Connector" that I'll be able to buy whatever generic item comes up in the search, or do I need a Nintendo-specific product?

(The whole part about "Wii LAN Adapters" confuses me....)

[quote name='mBucket']Concerning the TRU ad, tell me if I'm right.

Say I buy NSMBU and ZombiU. That's $59.99 + $59.99 - $30 = $89.98 + ~$8 tax = $97.98

Right now, I have them through Newegg for $47.99 each so $95.98 total.

Maybe it's worth the extra $2 to have them launch day. What's the chances of TRU putting these games on sale before Nov. 18? Probably slim to none is my guess.[/QUOTE]

You would be right. I honestly doubt TRU puts them out before the 18th though. You may get lucky, but I wouldn't bank on it.

[quote name='elvis731']LOL. The last time I was in a Gamestop they told me if I didn't pre-order the new Madden, I wouldn't be able to get it.....anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Quick....somebody name a game that wasn't readily available on launch day that GS did preorders on!!! Exactly.

[quote name='thundarr']Quick....somebody name a game that wasn't readily available on launch day that GS did preorders on!!! Exactly.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has no problems lying to you, to get you to come in and pre-order something. I remember I asked about Sleeping Dogs, and they told me it was sold out everywhere and that I needed to pre-order to get it. fuck Gamestop.

[quote name='thundarr']Quick....somebody name a game that wasn't readily available on launch day that GS did preorders on!!! Exactly.[/QUOTE]

Zelda 64!!

I recall there being shortages on Mario Kart Wii, but I think it was word of mouth that did that. I picked the game up without any problems shortly after launch.

I've had several, but they are niche titles. Pokemon Conquest was the most recent. I agree that they use deceptive tactics to boost pre-orders, but I would guess that's a by-product of the pressure the corporation puts on the employees to drive those numbers.

Now that Amazon doesn't offer Release Day Delivery, I've started pre-ordering more games at Gamestop. Pre-order bonuses also sway me, like the Ni No Kuni steelbook.

Was anybody around for the Wii, PS3, or 360 launches at Wal-Mart? Anyone know how those are handled? Will I have to show up six hours early? Will I have to wait outside? Do I just walk up to the cashier in electronics at 11:59 and ask for a Wii U?

[quote name='gravel']I've had several, but they are niche titles. Pokemon Conquest was the most recent. I agree that they use deceptive tactics to boost pre-orders, but I would guess that's a by-product of the pressure the corporation puts on the employees to drive those numbers.

Now that Amazon doesn't offer Release Day Delivery, I've started pre-ordering more games at Gamestop. Pre-order bonuses also sway me, like the Ni No Kuni steelbook.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Amazon still has release day delivery. They just don't do it for Nintendo first party games because they generally release on Sundays, when there are no shipments delivered. Any other game will still offer release day delivery.

Does anyone know which launch games will support the screen sharing feature?

So far the games that support it are:
Black Ops 2: I watched a video for Black Ops 2 and the split-screen multiplayer looks like a lot of fun.

NSMB-U: this is pretty much the game selling this feature

Nintendoland - will not. All minigames require the Gamepad and additional Wii Motes

Assassin's Creed 3 - doubtful because of gamepad functioning as a map

Batman - seems doubtful

ZombieU - seems doubtful

Darksiders 2 - seems doubtful [ Edit : Actually it will! http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/28/wii-us-darksiders-2-features-off-screen-play-included-dlc/ ]

Mass Effect 3 - seems doubtful

I can't find much information about this. Is that due to the embargo on reviews/information until the games are actually out?

[quote name='maximumzero']Was anybody around for the Wii, PS3, or 360 launches at Wal-Mart? Anyone know how those are handled? Will I have to show up six hours early? Will I have to wait outside? Do I just walk up to the cashier in electronics at 11:59 and ask for a Wii U?[/QUOTE]
If you have one on Lay-Away no, if your just going there without a pre-order yes.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Anybody know if stores carry the Wii LAN adapters anymore? Word on the street is that we're going to need one of these things for the WiiU. Good luck playing anything like Black Ops online with WiFi.[/QUOTE]

My pick for dumb post of the day. Lol!

[quote name='Rockym']What are you talking about? Amazon still has release day delivery. They just don't do it for Nintendo first party games because they generally release on Sundays, when there are no shipments delivered. Any other game will still offer release day delivery.[/QUOTE]

Really? I'll have to look into that. Still 99 cents?

[quote name='maximumzero']Was anybody around for the Wii, PS3, or 360 launches at Wal-Mart? Anyone know how those are handled? Will I have to show up six hours early? Will I have to wait outside? Do I just walk up to the cashier in electronics at 11:59 and ask for a Wii U?[/QUOTE]

I was for the Wii at walmart. I was in line in front of the store for 14 hours till they opened at 7 AM. They had everyone line up and they brought all the stuff for sale for the Wii to the front customer service counter. We were all brought in in a line and purchased one by one.

I don't know how they're going to handle the layaway orders versus the non pre orders. The document for the Wii U layaway program said they would be available at 12:01 AM from the layaway counter. I'd like to think they'll come out at midnight and ask for the people who pre ordered to head to layaway. The document also said they'll put out games and accessories at the counter.

As for the other people who didn't I'd imagine they'll take them the same way they did for the Wii which is in order and one by one until they're sold out. By 7 AM at my small town walmart there were about 40 people in line behind me. They had 20 units.

[quote name='Blaster man']Just curious, is anyone actually buying Darksiders 2 for Wii U?[/QUOTE]

Yep, Wii are. Higher res textures, all the released dlc, and a few of the exclusive weapons included as well as gamepad enhancements.

We've held out on AC3 and Darksiders2 for the enhanced wii U versions.

The dlc costs alone make thje darksiders version attractive, even at the full retail price.

(Normally we wait for deep discounts, but we want a few great titles to tinker with on the WiiU.)

[quote name='mustbepbs']I was for the Wii at walmart. I was in line in front of the store for 14 hours till they opened at 7 AM. They had everyone line up and they brought all the stuff for sale for the Wii to the front customer service counter. We were all brought in in a line and purchased one by one.

I don't know how they're going to handle the layaway orders versus the non pre orders. The document for the Wii U layaway program said they would be available at 12:01 AM from the layaway counter. I'd like to think they'll come out at midnight and ask for the people who pre ordered to head to layaway. The document also said they'll put out games and accessories at the counter.

As for the other people who didn't I'd imagine they'll take them the same way they did for the Wii which is in order and one by one until they're sold out. By 7 AM at my small town walmart there were about 40 people in line behind me. They had 20 units.[/QUOTE]

fuck, 14 hours? I don't know if I want one that badly...

I guess I'll go in around noon on the 17th and try to ask someone what the plans are.

[quote name='maximumzero']fuck, 14 hours? I don't know if I want one that badly...

I guess I'll go in around noon on the 17th and try to ask someone what the plans are.[/QUOTE]

I wanted one that badly. I was young and had a friend with me. It was a lot of fun. People really didn't start showing up till about 4 hours before opening, so I wouldn't worry about getting there as early as I did.

I'm planning on going around 5 PM and seeing if there is a line and what the plans are for layaway. I'm still going to wait even though mine is pre ordered. Don't want to screw up my chance after waiting this long.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Anyone else here pre-order in-store at Target?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did. I have a Black Deluxe reservation card for 2 separate Target stores, just in case something goes wrong on release day.

[quote name='mBucket']Yeah, I did. I have a Black Deluxe reservation card for 2 separate Target stores, just in case something goes wrong on release day.[/QUOTE]

I am slightly worried. With them being in such high demand, I feel even with my pre-order card, if I do not get there right at opening, mine will be sold.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']I am slightly worried. With them being in such high demand, I feel even with my pre-order card, if I do not get there right at opening, mine will be sold.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, both of the Target stores near me open at 8:00am. I plan to be at one around 7:45 or so and if something goes wrong and I can't get it then I'm going to run to the other one. I figure at least one of the stores will follow policy and actually reserve it for me.

[quote name='tipio']Does anyone know which launch games will support the screen sharing feature?

So far the games that support it are:
Black Ops 2: I watched a video for Black Ops 2 and the split-screen multiplayer looks like a lot of fun.

NSMB-U: this is pretty much the game selling this feature

Nintendoland - will not. All minigames require the Gamepad and additional Wii Motes

Assassin's Creed 3 - doubtful because of gamepad functioning as a map

Batman - seems doubtful

ZombieU - seems doubtful

Darksiders 2 - seems doubtful [ Edit : Actually it will! http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/28/wii-us-darksiders-2-features-off-screen-play-included-dlc/ ]

Mass Effect 3 - seems doubtful

I can't find much information about this. Is that due to the embargo on reviews/information until the games are actually out?[/QUOTE]

Rayman makes great use of it.

I got the Wii at a 24 hour Walmart, and was about 12th in line at noon. As someone else mentioned, you probably don't have to show up quite that early but it was fun anyways despite the frigid Minnesota cold. Walmart had no real "system" for handling us, but we made our own list and gave it to a manager. The hell if we're going to wait for hours and not get one.

Of course, with the whole layaway thing this time, it changes things.

Nintendo carries them:
http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=117712&currency=USD&catalogId=10001&tranId=0&lastAction=setCurr&storeId=10001&languageId=-1&categoryId=62707&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

Though I think it would be a better idea to see if your WIFI connection can be improved instead of shelling out the $25 for this dongle.

[quote name='gmsick']My pick for dumb post of the day. Lol![/QUOTE]

Why exactly?

To answer his question, the only physical store I've ever seen it stocked at is Micro Center and they only have a third-party version. eBay is your best bet for an official Nintendo one. And you will definitely need one...the difference between wifi and LAN on the Wii is huge. Be sure to get the official Nintendo one for 100% game compatibility.

EDIT: And before anyone asks, yes my home wifi is set up correctly. The dongle is just better.

I was very tempted to camp out at a local K-Mart for one of these, but I unfortunately have to pass due to a lack of funds. I just started a new job so money has gotten kind of tight :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back