Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Anyone else here pre-order in-store at Target?[/QUOTE]

I bought a Target pre order card for a black model. Im guessing that means ill get one but I really have no idea. Just going to go when target opens and see if my pre order card gets me one

[quote name='Bizzquik']Thanks for the post.

Does this mean that if I do a search on NewEgg for any "USB 2.0 Connector" that I'll be able to buy whatever generic item comes up in the search, or do I need a Nintendo-specific product?

(The whole part about "Wii LAN Adapters" confuses me....)[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anyone respond to this so I thought I would. For the Wii, you have to have an adapter specifically designed for the it. I was able to get a Nyko Wii adapter at Gamestop for $20 and it works perfectly fine. I'm not sure whether or not you can use a generic LAN adapter for the Wii U, though.

[quote name='mustbepbs']I wanted one that badly. I was young and had a friend with me. It was a lot of fun. People really didn't start showing up till about 4 hours before opening, so I wouldn't worry about getting there as early as I did.

I'm planning on going around 5 PM and seeing if there is a line and what the plans are for layaway. I'm still going to wait even though mine is pre ordered. Don't want to screw up my chance after waiting this long.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don't have a pre-order. I tried to pre-order this week but they cut it off on November 1st it seems.

[quote name='litepink']I got the Wii at a 24 hour Walmart, and was about 12th in line at noon. As someone else mentioned, you probably don't have to show up quite that early but it was fun anyways despite the frigid Minnesota cold. Walmart had no real "system" for handling us, but we made our own list and gave it to a manager. The hell if we're going to wait for hours and not get one.

Of course, with the whole layaway thing this time, it changes things.[/QUOTE]

According to the layaway clerk at my local wal-mart only three were preordered.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Why exactly?[/QUOTE]

Because saying "Good luck playing anything like Black Ops online with Wifi." Is an idiotic comment.

[quote name='gravel']Really? I'll have to look into that. Still 99 cents?[/QUOTE]

No, unfortunately. Now, you have to select two day shipping for release day delivery so you pay whatever 2 day costs.

[quote name='tipio']Does anyone know which launch games will support the screen sharing feature?[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming you mean the ability to play games just on the gamepad. Doing some internet hunting turns up the following games (I haven't confirmed any of them). I also didn't bother to figure out which are launch games and which aren't:
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Darksiders II
Dragon Quest X
Madden NFL 13
Mass Effect 3
Nano Assault Neo
New Super Mario Bros. U
Rabbids Land
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Toki Tori II
Wii Fit U
Trine 2
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Scribblenauts
Epic Mickey 2
Skylander Giants
There are also acouple of the single-player Nintendoland games that support it, supposedly.

Not intended to be an exhaustive list.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']I am slightly worried. With them being in such high demand, I feel even with my pre-order card, if I do not get there right at opening, mine will be sold.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

I'll arrive at 5:30am or so just to make sure. Not a big deal, I'll just bring my 3DS with me.

[quote name='Rockym']No, unfortunately. Now, you have to select two day shipping for release day delivery so you pay whatever 2 day costs.[/QUOTE]

Lol? I guess you misunderstood his question. The whole point of RDD was that it was 99 cents instead of $8-10. Of course Amazon has always had shipping options for release date(they would be a laughing stock if they didn't), but the cost is hilariously bad without prime.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Why exactly?

To answer his question, the only physical store I've ever seen it stocked at is Micro Center and they only have a third-party version. eBay is your best bet for an official Nintendo one. And you will definitely need one...the difference between wifi and LAN on the Wii is huge. Be sure to get the official Nintendo one for 100% game compatibility.

EDIT: And before anyone asks, yes my home wifi is set up correctly. The dongle is just better.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I've always gotten faster speeds with a wired connection unless you go out and buy some $150+ router. I'm stupid because I want faster speeds with a wired connection given my setup? Go fuck yourself.

Just because it works better on the Wii Don't assume it will be the same on Wii U so maybe give it a try first before you rush out and buy something you don't know will work. And maybe get a decent router... You probably need to upgrade anyway if your not getting good wireless. Sounds like your talking about 10-12 years ago. Whens the last you bought a new router? No you don't have to spend $150 either just have a router made in the last 5 years ....

Unless the Wii has some big huge downloadable files or your internet is just really slow then you have a point. I never see much of a difference because my d/l speed is pretty high!

I don't get the decision to not have an Ethernet port on the system. Is it just to sell the adapter? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding the port would cost a lot of money.

[quote name='tightclaws']Just because it works better on the Wii Don't assume it will be the same on Wii U so maybe give it a try first before you rush out and buy something you don't know will work. And maybe get a decent router... You probably need to upgrade anyway if your not getting good wireless. Sounds like your talking about 10-12 years ago. Whens the last you bought a new router? No you don't have to spend $150 either just have a router made in the last 5 years ....[/QUOTE]

My router is about a year old, a wireless Netgear N router. I've always noticed download speeds and pings are always much faster on a wired network, hence why I prefer it. Yes, I'm not going to rush out and buy one now (I won't be doing any multiplayer gaming on the WiiU at launch anyway) but I was looking into buying one eventually.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I don't get the decision to not have an Ethernet port on the system. Is it just to sell the adapter? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding the port would cost a lot of money.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo being Nintendo!

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Exactly. I've always gotten faster speeds with a wired connection unless you go out and buy some $150+ router. I'm stupid because I want faster speeds with a wired connection given my setup? Go fuck yourself.[/QUOTE]
By "faster speeds" do you mean a higher bandwidth or a lower latency? If it's the former, then it doesn't matter in the least bit for online gaming, only if you care about how long it takes to download a large file. If it's the latter, then yes, it matters. If you have a decent signal, however, and you're not using some deprecated format like wireless B, then neither one should be significantly affected, though.

The only difference you might see is in dropped packets, which can affect jitter, and thus latency. This is why how good of a signal you have maters. If you have a decent signal, though, then packet loss will be insignificant, and both bandwidth and latency will be virtually exactly the same on a wireless connection as it would be on a wired one. See my test above for evidence of this (or just go test it yourself).

[quote name='therealdanhill']I don't get the decision to not have an Ethernet port on the system. Is it just to sell the adapter? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding the port would cost a lot of money.[/QUOTE]

Why not add a port to play GBA games as well? How about a Firewire port? Floppy?

Why should they add a port that most people won't use. You want to pay more money for your Wii U so some people can use an ethernet cable? Why can't those people just buy a damn adapter?

I really wonder if some of you guys even think before posting sometimes. Extra port = extra money. Sell a cable to those that want to use this feature. If the port costs an extra $3, that adds up out of the MILLIONS of consoles they plan on selling this year.

Why do you think Microsoft sold a DVD remote + receiver back in the Xbox days? To get around paying the licensing fees for a feature (playing DVDs) that few people actually cared about (anyone who wanted to watch DVDs likely either owned a DVD player or could just buy one for $40). Just like how Nintendo omitted DVD playback on the Wii and DVD + Blu-ray playback on the Wii U.

[quote name='madcatz1999']By "faster speeds" do you mean a higher bandwidth or a lower latency? If it's the former, then it doesn't matter in the least bit for online gaming, only if you care about how long it takes to download a large file. If it's the latter, then yes, it matters. If you have a decent signal, however, and you're not using some deprecated format like wireless B, then neither one should be significantly affected, though.

The only difference you might see is in dropped packets, which can affect jitter, and thus latency. This is why how good of a signal you have maters. If you have a decent signal, though, then packet loss will be insignificant, and both bandwidth and latency will be virtually exactly the same on a wireless connection as it would be on a wired one. See my test above for evidence of this (or just go test it yourself).[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this. This was also being discussed a few pages back. I tested my wireless speed and this is what I got:

Download: 48.70 Mbps
Upload: 4.59 Mbps
Ping: 11 ms

When I play online games wirelessly (and that includes more than one console online at once on the same signal), I have no issues whatsoever.

Well, they already are selling the console below manufacturing cost...

[quote name='Rockym']What are you talking about? Amazon still has release day delivery. They just don't do it for Nintendo first party games because they generally release on Sundays, when there are no shipments delivered. Any other game will still offer release day delivery.[/QUOTE]

I looked in to this some more, and it seems like if you have Amazon Prime, you can get free Release Day Delivery by choosing the Free Two Day option, but the 99 cent Release Day Delivery is gone as far as I can tell. I don't have Prime, so I wouldn't be getting RDD. If anyone knows anything more, it would be appreciated.

Also, thanks to everyone for all the info on the Network Adapter. I was going to look in to getting one, but couldn't find them in stores, on Amazon, or other places. I think I'll just wait and see how the wireless goes at the start, but it's good to know where to get one if I need it.

[quote name='GoodbyeSoberDay']I have to agree with this. This was also being discussed a few pages back. I tested my wireless speed and this is what I got:

Download: 48.70 Mbps
Upload: 4.59 Mbps
Ping: 11 ms

When I play online games wirelessly (and that includes more than one console online at once on the same signal), I have no issues whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Yep, we already discussed this a while back. Broadband speeds (especially American speeds) are not going to surpass the capabilities of your typical home's wireless setup.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Why not add a port to play GBA games as well? How about a Firewire port? Floppy?

Why should they add a port that most people won't use. You want to pay more money for your Wii U so some people can use an ethernet cable? Why can't those people just buy a damn adapter?

I really wonder if some of you guys even think before posting sometimes. Extra port = extra money. Sell a cable to those that want to use this feature. If the port costs an extra $3, that adds up out of the MILLIONS of consoles they plan on selling this year.[/QUOTE]No need to be a dick. Just wanted people's thought's on the matter. It isn't as far fetched as adding a floppy drive (an outrageous extrapolation if there ever was one), the PS3 and 360 both have ethernet ports. "Smart" televisions being released now have them. People's home computers have them.

So, you are of the opinion they did it to sell the adapters separately- great! Thanks for contributing!

[quote name='Slowdance']HAY GUYZ why isn't there a 56k modem inside the Wiiu?

Preorder cancelled.[/QUOTE]
I don't think I read even a single post of someone saying they were going to cancel their preorder over not having the option of a wired connection. People are just discussing it politely. Well, most of us, anyways.

[quote name='metsfan1545d']Wireless is more then enough as long as u didn't buy ur router at the dollar store[/QUOTE]

This. The problem isnt wireless. Your Internet is the bottleneck. It's either hardware or software issues.

Edit: isn't

[quote name='therealdanhill']
I don't think I read even a single post of someone saying they were going to cancel their preorder over not having the option of a wired connection. People are just discussing it politely. Well, most of us, anyways.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall saying that anyone posted that. It's an expression people use on forums to poke at people that over react to situations like this. I could understand if you had no choice, but how much do these even cost?

I guarantee they are cheaper than the $100 MS was charging for people to use Wifi until the slim came out, and even at launch Wifi was pretty much the norm for the majority of the US.

Not really a fan of being forced to use Wi-Fi, but atleast Nintendo doesnt have you downloading 2GB+ patches and 5+ GB games. So I can deal with it

[quote name='dgwillia006']Not really a fan of being forced to use Wi-Fi, but atleast Nintendo doesnt have you downloading 2GB+ patches and 5+ GB games. So I can deal with it[/QUOTE]
you forgot about tekken tag tourny 2 being 16-17GBs i guess as a downloadable game?

No. Ethernet is old. Wifi is the future. If 1Ms makes you bad at a game... Sorry your just bad at that game.

[quote name='jedi0077']No. Ethernet is old. Wifi is the future. If 1Ms makes you bad at a game... Sorry your just bad at that game.[/QUOTE]

There a ton of Ultrabooks that don't have an Ethernet port either. I know I have a USB Ethernet for my Zenbook Prime. They take out the port so it can keep its slim form factor.

I play wow, D3 and a shooter every once in a while and have no issues DSL 10Mbs and an N network. I think it's fair that they offer the dongle, though I always thought it was for the rest homes the Wii's were in not any actual gamers homes.

I recently sold my 360 as it was only being used for Netflix and our smart tv replaced it. Would CoD multiplayer on Wii U be actually fun? I mean it's got the horsepower. But would there be players?

[quote name='jedi0077']I recently sold my 360 as it was only being used for Netflix and our smart tv replaced it. Would CoD multiplayer on Wii U be actually fun? I mean it's got the horsepower. But would there be players?[/QUOTE]

Of course there will be.

And for the people complaining about a lack of ethernet port. Upgrade your damn routers, you can get a nice linksys wired/wireless router for like 50 bucks.

People who believe wireless is less adequate than wired are delusional and uninformed. I've used both on the Wii and noticed no difference in latency, connectivity, or connection strength. I had games like Mario Kart, Monster Hunter Tri and SSBB. All games played the same either way. Don't create a problem just to complain.

[quote name='mustbepbs']People who believe wireless is less adequate than wired are delusional and uninformed.[/QUOTE]

Lol, right. Wired provides a superior, more stable networking connection than wireless, period.

Wow, this thread is starting to turn into a Nintendo-themed WiFi cult.

I imagine the WiiU will have a better WiFi implementation than the Wii (which wouldn't even accept a 63-character WPA2 key without converting it to hex first), and it will hopefully support the 5GHz band since it tends to yield better results for people in more population dense areas (for the time being at least). I generally consider WiFi more suited to my laptop, iPad, phone, Kindle, etc., than to desktop PCs, consoles, etc. I get decent speed/latency over 802.11n, but better latency, much better speed, and no interference over gigabit ethernet - there's no good reason other than cable clutter to choose WiFi over a wired connection, given the option.

[quote name='forumreader']Lol, right. Wired provides a superior, more stable networking connection than wireless, period.[/QUOTE]

Maybe 10 years ago this was true but most people have broadband now :)

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

All the arguing about wired vs wifi. Wired provides less latency simply because the air provides more resistance to the electrical signal than a wire does. Thats fact.

Most people cannot tell the difference. I can tell the difference between a wired controller and a wireless. Yeah its not a huge deal, and most people cant tell, but if your one of the few that can, its horrible. Bandwidth and latency are two different things. You can have all the bandwidth and speed you want, but if your latency sucks, your experience sucks.

On topic, not long now, really looking forward to my ZombiU experience. Played a little at PAX, been itching to get my hands on it ever since.

[quote name='Reraise']All the arguing about wired vs wifi. Wired provides less latency simply because the air provides more resistance to the electrical signal than a wire does. Thats fact.

Most people cannot tell the difference. I can tell the difference between a wired controller and a wireless. Yeah its not a huge deal, and most people cant tell, but if your one of the few that can, its horrible. Bandwidth and latency are two different things. You can have all the bandwidth and speed you want, but if your latency sucks, your experience sucks.

On topic, not long now, really looking forward to my ZombiU experience. Played a little at PAX, been itching to get my hands on it ever since.[/QUOTE]

Grrr I have to wait an extra week for Zombie U because Walmart decided it should be free shipping all of a sudden, so it's taking the slow boat/ There are no other options either since I pre bought with my bundle. Oh well I have Super Mario U and Assassins Creed 3 coming from NewEgg that will keep me busy plus figuring out all the things I can do with Wii U. I just hope Walmart does not decide to screw me on the pre order. Its only a week away now, it would really suck if all of a sudden they claim they over sold and I don't get one.

[quote name='iGen']I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.[/QUOTE]

Lol...the fuck is a "gamecube disc reader"?

Putting the entire guts of an older console into a new console does cost quite a bit. I'm not entirely sure what would lead you to believe otherwise. Per console it probably isn't much, but it adds up quick for a feature 90% of people wouldn't use.

Gamecubes are beastly anyway, I still have my launch console. They are like $30 if you'd rather get one than a used Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back