Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iGen']I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.[/QUOTE]

What's is there not to get, bring your sense of entitlement down a bit.

There is a lot less lag when I play PS3 with a wired connection instead of a wireless connection and the router is almost next to my console. So I believe wired is faster than Wi-fi in terms of online lag. But if you are talking of something else then I'm sorry. I thought this thread was just to talk about the Wii-U pre-orders though :/

[quote name='skiizim']What's is there not to get, bring your sense of entitlement down a bit.[/QUOTE]

He's not showing a sense of entitlement. Many of us have invested a great deal in GameCube games and would prefer to not have to keep a Wii or GameCube hooked up along with all the other systems. Entitlement would be expecting the games for free; we've already paid for them.

[quote name='thundarr']He's not showing a sense of entitlement. Many of us have invested a great deal in GameCube games and would prefer to not have to keep a Wii or GameCube hooked up along with all the other systems. Entitlement would be expecting the games for free; we've already paid for them.[/QUOTE]

What about my NES collection? I demand Nintendo put a cartridge reader!!!

[quote name='confoosious']What about my NES collection? I demand Nintendo put a cartridge reader!!![/QUOTE]

In this case, we are entitled to a NES/SNES cartridge reader in the Wii U.

Preorder cancelled.

Ugh, I work in electronics at Toys R Us, so I get to stare at the demo unit for 8 hours a day...That gamepad is so sexy....and Mario looks so good in HD on a big screen.

Hey guys, for the second controller can I just buy a pro controller and play wii games with that as well? Or do I need wiimotes still? I mostly will play smash bros and mario games from the wii era. I sold my wii years ago but still have the games.

[quote name='jedi0077']Hey guys, for the second controller can I just buy a pro controller and play wii games with that as well? Or do I need wiimotes still? I mostly will play smash bros and mario games from the wii era. I sold my wii years ago but still have the games.[/QUOTE]

its a standalone controller, no wiimote needed this time : (for Wii U games) Wii games not so much
Edit for misreading

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if anyone has posted this but Best Buy has announced stores that will be open for the midnight launch.

November 18 Midnight Store Openings

Find out which stores open at 12:01 a.m. to sell Wii U consoles and select games. Plus, the first 50 people in line receive Wii U cinch sacks.

LINK

Scroll down on the page link under Related Offers to see the info.

[quote name='jedi0077']Hey guys, for the second controller can I just buy a pro controller and play wii games with that as well? Or do I need wiimotes still? I mostly will play smash bros and mario games from the wii era. I sold my wii years ago but still have the games.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you can't use the pro controller when playing wii games, only wii u games and wii u bought content. Since the wii backwards compatibility is more of a mode, this makes sense.

[quote name='madcatz1999']The new pro controller won't work with any Wii games.[/QUOTE]

I missed the Wii games part, yeah your right but atleast you wont need to do all that for the Wii U games this time.

[quote name='madcatz1999']The new pro controller won't work with any Wii games.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, I guess I'm going to leave my Wii hooked up and be able to play GC games, I have all the Zeldas on GC and a bunch of other great games.

So I should just grab a motion plus remote? I saw them using those on Mario.

Man I really dropped the ball on the Wii U preorders. Didn't get in on the gamestop preorder and got added to the 'list', who knows when that'll happen. I assumed Target and Walmart would just sell the day of, then found out they'd done preorders in store too, no dice on those for me either. Did Best Buy do in store preorder or will they have systems for sale at opening?

I just assumed I'd go wait in line overnight at a store but not even sure what my odds are of that with all the B&M preorders with this one. The manager at Walmart said he didn't expect more than a couple of systems to sell beyond what was preordered, Target couldn't really tell me much, tried to call Best Buy today but kept getting put on hold so I may swing by tomorrow and see what's up.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Man I really dropped the ball on the Wii U preorders. Didn't get in on the gamestop preorder and got added to the 'list', who knows when that'll happen. I assumed Target and Walmart would just sell the day of, then found out they'd done preorders in store too, no dice on those for me either. Did Best Buy do in store preorder or will they have systems for sale at opening?

I just assumed I'd go wait in line overnight at a store but not even sure what my odds are of that with all the B&M preorders with this one. The manager at Walmart said he didn't expect more than a couple of systems to sell beyond what was preordered, Target couldn't really tell me much, tried to call Best Buy today but kept getting put on hold so I may swing by tomorrow and see what's up.[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy is offering 50 of those bags, which means they're expecting at least 50 (or I guess they plan on handing you one as a thanks for playing gift? idk). I do believe BB did in store preorders, though it's hard to say how "impossible" this will be. I personally don't think you will have an issue waiting at BB for one, but thats just me.

I heard the controllers are wireless too! Preorder double cancelled. Since we are all MLG level studs, I guess we all have to ignore this system since our abilities revolve around the fact that no games have input lag until you introduce wireless components.

Welp, better luck next time Nintendo.

[quote name='jedi0077']Our BB didn't do pre orders.[/QUOTE]

I got a pre order for $5 from the pre order kiosk prolly 2 days after announced. Paid off one at GS though since I don't trust getting one with a $5 pre order.
Go Pack Go!

I have a Deluxe Preorder with Gamestop and they just charged my card a couple hours ago. Hope thats some indication of perhaps getting it before release day!

[quote name='kratosgow2525']anyone here work at target, and would like to explain exactly how they do their pre-orders?[/quote]

+1

[quote name='admiralvic']Bestbuy is offering 50 of those bags, which means they're expecting at least 50 (or I guess they plan on handing you one as a thanks for playing gift? idk). I do believe BB did in store preorders, though it's hard to say how "impossible" this will be. I personally don't think you will have an issue waiting at BB for one, but thats just me.[/QUOTE]

That's only at 99 of their stores.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Does this mean that if I do a search on NewEgg for any "USB 2.0 Connector" that I'll be able to buy whatever generic item comes up in the search, or do I need a Nintendo-specific product?

(The whole part about "Wii LAN Adapters" confuses me....)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Major Marvelous']I didn't see anyone respond to this so I thought I would. For the Wii, you have to have an adapter specifically designed for the it. I was able to get a Nyko Wii adapter at Gamestop for $20 and it works perfectly fine. I'm not sure whether or not you can use a generic LAN adapter for the Wii U, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.

I see NewEgg has several to choose from that say they are specifically designed for the Wii. I'm (perhaps stupidly) assuming that the adapters will also work for the WiiU - for $12-$18 or so, I guess I can live with myself if not. :razz:
The one I went with is the Nyko Net Connect for Wii, as it was the highest rated.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Thanks for the reply.

I see NewEgg has several to choose from that say they are specifically designed for the Wii. I'm (perhaps stupidly) assuming that the adapters will also work for the WiiU - for $12-$18 or so, I guess I can live with myself if not. :razz:
The one I went with is the Nyko Net Connect for Wii, as it was the highest rated.[/QUOTE]

yea im curious about this myself of course all this depends on how well the Wii U functions online

[quote name='driftmr2']+1[/QUOTE]

Yes, +2!!! I'd hate to go in (whenever they're open on Sunday) & find out someone ahead of me in line picked it up at that location (where I got the pre-ordered card) if they didn't pre-order from that same Target location! When I got that pre-order card, the sales associate told me I might want to bring in the receipt to show proof I bought it there because quantities will be limited. I don't think every sales associate that rings you up will tell you this.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Anyone here work at target, and would like to explain exactly how they do their pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I work for Target. The "guy walking around" has no clue what he is talking about. Here is how preordering works at Target.

Target sells preorder cards. Each title/product has an end date (usually a week before the game releases) where the store has to pull the cards from the sales floor and can no longer sell them. Corporate calculates how many preorder cards were sold per store. When the product comes in, the store holds back the number of preorders they received total. Those preorder units are held back for 7 days, in which the store has to put them back on the shelf to the public. Your preorder card is basically your ticket to pick up your preorder. The store will not sell any preorder held units to ANYBODY without a preorder card. If you lost it, then you're screwed. The held back preorder units only go to the folks who present the preorder cards, so the possibility of those going to "first come, first serve" isn't possible.

Does that mean the system is perfect? No. Is it possible you have an incompetent store who forgets to hold back preorders? Sure. Anybody can fall victim to that at any retail store that does preorders though. Is it possible some douche comes in and uses his card at another store and throws off the counts? Sure but the odds of that are low. The only thing I can think of that could possibly screw you guys out of your preorder is if the store forgets to pull the preorder cards when the preorder date expires and you somehow purchase one and it doesn't get counted as a preorder. I'm not sure if it would still be counted or not after that date, but it is possible that your preorder wouldn't count in that case.

So my recommendation is to check the preorder date on the back of the card (top right corner) to make sure it is still valid before you purchase it. Other than that, yes you are guaranteed your system if you preorder at Target.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a card from 2 different Targets just in case one screws up, but it sounds legit. The 7 day hold is advertised on back of the card, so if they screw up at the very least you can demand a refund (of the $5 card).

PS. I still see these preorder cards around (in West Nyack, NY and Edgewater, NJ)

[quote name='xavior']I picked up a card from 2 different Targets just in case one screws up, but it sounds legit. The 7 day hold is advertised on back of the card, so if they screw up at the very least you can demand a refund (of the $5 card).

PS. I still see these preorder cards around (in West Nyack, NY and Edgewater, NJ)[/QUOTE]

I spoke with the managers at both Targets near me and they both told me they are only getting in enough to cover the preorder cards, no walkins. So if you are planning on waiting outside of Target without a preorder, you should check with your store to see if they are getting extras.

[quote name='jedi0077']lol eBay sellers. http://$$$$$$$/UBioJN[/QUOTE]

No idea what happened. Tried to share a link from the eBay app. 99$ wii u pro controller

[quote name='Rockym']I spoke with the managers at both Targets near me and they both told me they are only getting in enough to cover the preorder cards, no walkins. So if you are planning on waiting outside of Target without a preorder, you should check with your store to see if they are getting extras.[/QUOTE]

I talked two to electronic's team supervisors and neither had any idea how many they were getting. They radioed a manager and they didn't know either. Don't think the Targets in Lee County FL have any idea what's going on, honestly. One didn't even know they had pre order cards.

[quote name='xavior']I picked up a card from 2 different Targets just in case one screws up, but it sounds legit. The 7 day hold is advertised on back of the card, so if they screw up at the very least you can demand a refund (of the $5 card).

PS. I still see these preorder cards around (in West Nyack, NY and Edgewater, NJ)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Aejeck']I talked two to electronic's team supervisors and neither had any idea how many they were getting. They radioed a manager and they didn't know either. Don't think the Targets in Lee County FL have any idea what's going on, honestly. One didn't even know they had pre order cards.[/QUOTE]

That's why I have a 2nd preorder at Toys R Us. Though I just found out they open at 8am on Sundays too. So I'll go there first and then Target if something goes wrong or if TRU somehow doesn't have NSMBU, since I preordered that at Target as well. I also have a 3rd one preordered at gamestop.com but that one is being shipped to my niece in SC for a Christmas gift.

PS. If you can't find a preorder anywhere else, Micro Center appears to also be carrying it on release day.. not sure how many people would think of going there to buy a wii u so could be a good bet for some of you ^^

[quote name='xavior']PS. If you can't find a preorder anywhere else, Micro Center appears to also be carrying it on release day.. not sure how many people would think of going there to buy a wii u so could be a good bet for some of you ^^[/QUOTE]

Wish we had those here. We don't have anything beyond the normal WalMart, Target, Best Buy, Gamestop etc.

I have a feeling I will be waiting outside best buy since I have a bunch of credit there.

I just wasted 1.50 on a Sunday paper for ads. Nothing on Wii U in BB's or Targets. They will put it in NEXT Sunday's and by then it will be almost to late. I have two more Target Pre-Order cards to sell on craigslist. Hopefully N has some commercials running this week. If your in Ohio and need one I'll give you a discount.

I just got a message from my bank saying Gamestop.com charged my card for my Wii U Deluxe set this morning (I get an alert for any Debit Card purchase over $125).

My order status still says "open" on Gamestop.com, but I paid for 1-day shipping so I wonder if they're going to ship it early...? :)

[quote name='CouRageouS']I have a Deluxe Preorder with Gamestop and they just charged my card a couple hours ago. Hope thats some indication of perhaps getting it before release day![/QUOTE]

Mine has being charged too. They usually charge before well before they ship. I do not plan on getting mine until Monday the 19th.

[quote name='jedi0077']I just wasted 1.50 on a Sunday paper for ads. Nothing on Wii U in BB's or Targets. They will put it in NEXT Sunday's and by then it will be almost to late. I have two more Target Pre-Order cards to sell on craigslist. Hopefully N has some commercials running this week. If your in Ohio and need one I'll give you a discount.[/QUOTE]

hey, uh, nobody wants to hear about you selling on cragislist.

Yeah unfortunately my bestbuy isn't one of the midnight openings, which is odd since I live in the raleigh/durham area so I'd have thought their may be a high demand here. I checked every target in a 40 mile radius or so (like 10 stores) but none of them had pre-order cards left. Was hoping to luck up on a preorder still, guess I"ll just have to hope to catch it in store since I dropped the ball though.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Yeah unfortunately my bestbuy isn't one of the midnight openings, which is odd since I live in the raleigh/durham area so I'd have thought their may be a high demand here. I checked every target in a 40 mile radius or so (like 10 stores) but none of them had pre-order cards left. Was hoping to luck up on a preorder still, guess I"ll just have to hope to catch it in store since I dropped the ball though.[/QUOTE]

Our bestbuy is opening early and is not on the list. Call yours to check.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Lol at "I'll give you a discount"
fuck outta here[/QUOTE]

Supply and demand. Don't hate because you didn't think of it. Anyone who wants to wait in line can. I'm simply offering a 75$ get out of line free with a wii card.

Yeah I'll give em another call today, got the endless phone loop yesterday from them and nobody answered.

I actually checked the local craiglist here too for cards but no luck, they were either sold or asking $150 or $200 for the card with $5 down, I'd rather wait in line at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back