Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jedi0077']I just wasted 1.50 on a Sunday paper for ads. Nothing on Wii U in BB's or Targets. They will put it in NEXT Sunday's and by then it will be almost to late. I have two more Target Pre-Order cards to sell on craigslist. Hopefully N has some commercials running this week. If your in Ohio and need one I'll give you a discount.[/QUOTE]

A discount for a pre order card, awesome. Not that I care about your cl selling, but what happens when the person goes in and cannot get the system due to a shortage or whatever else may happen.

So, ToysRUs' ad is showing the following:
Buy one get one 40% off for 49.99 or lower:
Shown for in store Tuesday: (Maybe there will be more titles)
ESPN Sports Collection
Rabbids Land

10 off one or 30 off two games:
Shown as available this Tuesday (Could be more)
Assassin's Creed 3
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Fifa Soccer 13

(I know this deal was already mentioned before, just wanted to clarify the games they listed as available)

[quote name='grumpier']Mine has being charged too. They usually charge before well before they ship. I do not plan on getting mine until Monday the 19th.[/QUOTE]

Odds are you won't get it until Tuesday the 20th since it comes out on a Sunday. Atleast that's what I'm thinking since I also ordered from gamestop.com with overnight shipping.

[quote name='jedi0077']Supply and demand. Don't hate because you didn't think of it. Anyone who wants to wait in line can. I'm simply offering a 75$ get out of line free with a wii card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you must be some sort of marketing genius to come up with that.

[quote name='ELUNO']So, ToysRUs' ad is showing the following:
Buy one get one 40% off for 49.99 or lower:
Shown for in store Tuesday: (Maybe there will be more titles)
ESPN Sports Collection
Rabbids Land

10 off one or 30 off two games:
Shown as available this Tuesday (Could be more)
Assassin's Creed 3
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Fifa Soccer 13

(I know this deal was already mentioned before, just wanted to clarify the games they listed as available)[/QUOTE]

Looking at the black friday ad right here. Says Buy 1, Get one 40% off, and then has ALL Wii U games bolded in red.

What are you talking about?

Well I make clear to go over the fine print with them. My research is telling me each target knows how many pre orders they have sold. Said amount will be held back for people WITH cards for 6 days.

[quote name='Theswweet']Looking at the black friday ad right here. Says Buy 1, Get one 40% off, and then has ALL Wii U games bolded in red.

What are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

All wii u games. I see nothing about the price in the ad?

Even with the Buy1, Get 40% off it isn't any better than newegg's $12 off $60 pre-order deal, especially with no tax and free shipping in my state. At least it is good for people who missed the newegg sales.

1 week to go!!!

[quote name='Theswweet']Looking at the black friday ad right here. Says Buy 1, Get one 40% off, and then has ALL Wii U games bolded in red.

What are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about this week's ad. (If you don't want to wait til black friday.)

*Plus, 30 off two games is a better deal, just not as many games available.

Just got a call from fraud prevention on my debit card to verify transactions of my gamestop preorders ( 1 deluxe, 1 basic ). Keep your phone handy in case your bank needs you to verify as well.

Just got back from paying off all but $.01 on my Wii-U layaway at Wal-Mart, While I was there I saw that they had the paperwork diagram out for the Wii-U display It showed that they will be getting in some deluxe and basic models in for purchase. They also had the SKU labels already out. I snapped a picture of the label.

wiiutag.jpg

I ordered BOPs2 for 360 today even though I'm really looking forward to it in Wii U. The Live + 800 points + 20 RZ certificate was too good to pass up, but I may leave it unopened and swap it for the Wii U version if it turns out to be good. I'd love to get that and AC3 on Wii U, but I just have this worry that the ports will be buggy and may e not as good as the ones on the hardware the devs are used to. It's not like when the 360 came out and the games looked way better than their counterparts on the original Xbox (King Kong anyone?). Really hoping the Wii U blows us all away in the graphics department.

[quote name='thundarr']I ordered BOPs2 for 360 today even though I'm really looking forward to it in Wii U. The Live + 800 points + 20 RZ certificate was too good to pass up, but I may leave it unopened and swap it for the Wii U version if it turns out to be good. I'd love to get that and AC3 on Wii U, but I just have this worry that the ports will be buggy and may e not as good as the ones on the hardware the devs are used to. It's not like when the 360 came out and the games looked way better than their counterparts on the original Xbox (King Kong anyone?). Really hoping the Wii U blows us all away in the graphics department.[/QUOTE]

I wanted the Wii U version but none of my friends are getting a Wii U so i changed mine to 360...i guess.

My Target couldn't even hold my Pre-ordered copy of Paper Mario (they went and got it with the other copies).

I so don't trust them.

Gamestop charged my card.

I hope I get WII U on Monday day after release. Along with Zombi U and BO2.

I also put a Pre Order for Aliens Colonial Marines.

CANT WAIT

[quote name='GizmoGC']My Target couldn't even hold my Pre-ordered copy of Paper Mario (they went and got it with the other copies).

I so don't trust them.[/QUOTE]

That's due to the fact that no actual retailer has came close to running out of a new release game since.... Ocarina of Time?

What launch game are you taking home? Nintendo Land and Mario will keep me busy till toysrus' bogo on Friday. CoD and Scribblenaughts then for me. Or Assassins Creed III. Nice having options with a Nintendo launch. Been a while since that's happened!

I put my name on that list to get a phone call when one comes in. I am not to worried about getting the system on day one. I got burned by my 3ds when they dropped the price. Also I think the system will be in full stock after xmas and Ill have more money at that time :)

[quote name='Poopie McDump']Just got back from paying off all but $.01 on my Wii-U layaway at Wal-Mart, While I was there I saw that they had the paperwork diagram out for the Wii-U display It showed that they will be getting in some deluxe and basic models in for purchase. They also had the SKU labels already out. I snapped a picture of the label.

wiiutag.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's from a mod sheet that was printed out by an associate setting up the mod.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Club Nintendo members, be sure to fill out the pre-purchase surveys for 10 extra rewards coins, ends November 11:
  • Nintendo Land
  • Ninja Gaiden 3
  • New Super Mario Bros U
  • SiNG PARTY
[/QUOTE]

Reminder bump, last chance for bonus coins is today!

[quote name='aramsey1986']I put my name on that list to get a phone call when one comes in. I am not to worried about getting the system on day one. I got burned by my 3ds when they dropped the price. Also I think the system will be in full stock after xmas and Ill have more money at that time :)[/QUOTE]

Considering the Wii U will likely be sold out for months (if not a solid year), there is no chance of it price dropping.

Good luck waiting. Come exactly one week from this moment, this thread will be filled with

"WTF! I can't find a Wii U anywhere!!!!1"

"Ugh. You guys said this would be easy to get!!!!!!"

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Has anyone touched base with a GameStop B&M store concerning their preorder?[/QUOTE]

From what i heard on Friday is that if you got a pre-order in your getting your console on Sunday (or when u go in to pick it up within 48 hours).

I asked him if they received there shipment yet and he told me "No, not yet but they should be coming tomorrow or Monday."

Also he made sure to tell me there will not be a Midnight release since there only going to be able to fulfill preorders and nothing more, so no extra units.

i will not be getting a wii u till at least mid next year if not later. I just don't see the need to buy one right away seeing most of the bigger games are ports of games that are already out. I just don't see why a hardcore gamer would play cod or ac3 on the game pad i really think the best way to play ports will be with the normal controller. Zombie U the big title people are talking about hearing that it's not that great and i know someone that works for a game review company that has played it and other launch titles he says only decent one is mario and black ops and ac3 is just the same as the 360 not much advantage with not alot of changes to work with gamepad.

it just feels like wii U is what first wii should have been i think in long run unless nintendo has a short lifespan expected for wii u will hurt nintendo in a long run. Once ps4 and new xbox are announced this coming e3 wii u will be behind the game and i think it might hurt them with 3rd party games. Companys will have to downgrade games for ports from ps4 and new xbox seeing wii u is powerful as current systems. I hope that is not the case but it's possible wii u will become the wii and gather dust mroe then anything after a year or two.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']it just feels like wii U is what first wii should have been i think in long run unless nintendo has a short lifespan expected for wii u will hurt nintendo in a long run. Once ps4 and new xbox are announced this coming e3 wii u will be behind the game and i think it might hurt them with 3rd party games. Companys will have to downgrade games for ports from ps4 and new xbox seeing wii u is powerful as current systems. I hope that is not the case but it's possible wii u will become the wii and gather dust mroe then anything after a year or two.[/QUOTE]

Wii is the #1 console this generation. End of story.

[quote name='Paladinion']From what i heard on Friday is that if you got a pre-order in your getting your console on Sunday (or when u go in to pick it up within 48 hours).

I asked him if they received there shipment yet and he told me "No, not yet but they should be coming tomorrow or Monday."

Also he made sure to tell me there will not be a Midnight release since there only going to be able to fulfill preorders and nothing more, so no extra units.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the info. This all seems too good to be true. Maybe they did play it safe and we are good to go. A little bummed about no midnight release..I am hoping my store has it.

[quote name='Paladinion']From what i heard on Friday is that if you got a pre-order in your getting your console on Sunday (or when u go in to pick it up within 48 hours).

Also he made sure to tell me there will not be a Midnight release since there only going to be able to fulfill preorders and nothing more, so no extra units.[/QUOTE]

Same, my GS manager said there won't be a midnight release. Hopefully this doesn't create huge lines in the morning.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Wii is the #1 console this generation. End of story.[/QUOTE]

number 1 selling system don't mean quality games. Trust me i played a tons out of wii first year or so then the 3rd party support falled off and new super mario is the last game i played on the wii. 3rd party support was just not there for the wii and i hope that changes for the wii u.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Same, my GS manager said there won't be a midnight release. Hopefully this doesn't create huge lines in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Unless tons of people are showing up to beg for a console or something, I dont see why it would be THAT long, not like its gonna be like a CoD or Halo release with hundreds of people in line

[quote name='dgwillia006']Unless tons of people are showing up to beg for a console or something, I dont see why it would be THAT long, not like its gonna be like a CoD or Halo release with hundreds of people in line[/QUOTE]

I just hope I get there before the 1 kid who ALWAYS has to come to a release with a duffel bag full of games that he needs to trade in all from 2 generations ago. Theres always one...

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i will not be getting a wii u till at least mid next year if not later. I just don't see the need to buy one right away seeing most of the bigger games are ports of games that are already out. I just don't see why a hardcore gamer would play cod or ac3 on the game pad i really think the best way to play ports will be with the normal controller. Zombie U the big title people are talking about hearing that it's not that great and i know someone that works for a game review company that has played it and other launch titles he says only decent one is mario and black ops and ac3 is just the same as the 360 not much advantage with not alot of changes to work with gamepad.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']it just feels like wii U is what first wii should have been i think in long run unless nintendo has a short lifespan expected for wii u will hurt nintendo in a long run. Once ps4 and new xbox are announced this coming e3 wii u will be behind the game and i think it might hurt them with 3rd party games. Companys will have to downgrade games for ports from ps4 and new xbox seeing wii u is powerful as current systems. I hope that is not the case but it's possible wii u will become the wii and gather dust mroe then anything after a year or two.[/QUOTE]

Cool story bro. It would be awesome if you could type this out in people speak, with punctuation and all that. This is CAG, not gamefaqs. Nobody gives a fuck what you think.

[quote name='Slowdance']Cool story bro. It would be awesome if you could type this out in people speak, with punctuation and all that. This is CAG, not gamefaqs. Nobody gives a fuck what you think.[/QUOTE]

geez why all the hate, let me guess your a nintendo fanboy and get upset when someone states a opinion that is not positive for your nintendo

[quote name='Slowdance']Cool story bro. It would be awesome if you could type this out in people speak, with punctuation and all that. This is CAG, not gamefaqs. Nobody gives a fuck what you think.[/QUOTE]

Stop being as asshole.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']geez why all the hate, let me guess your a nintendo fanboy and get upset when someone states a opinion that is not positive for your nintendo[/QUOTE]

Its not that, I understand dudebros aren't going to be lining up for Wiiu. It just doesn't dampen my enthusiasm at all.

Mostly I'm curious why you came to cag of all places to discuss this when you can't even form a proper sentence.

The reasoning behind some of the hate is that his post is completely irrelevant to this Wii U Pre-order thread (like many other posts). I mean if he isn't planning on purchasing it, then there's no need for him to essentially call it failure and compare it to other systems.

After the success of the wii. I doubt there will be shortage of wii u. Nintendo is just trying to create a sense of shortage to hype the market more, get as much as preorders for it. Considering its releasing the console at christmas time, why would nintendo want to lose out on all those the potential sales.

[quote name='Masx']The reasoning behind some of the hate is that his post is completely irrelevant to this Wii U Pre-order thread (like many other posts). I mean if he isn't planning on purchasing it, then there's no need for him to essentially call it failure and compare it to other systems.[/QUOTE]

when did i say it would be a failure? it's fantastic nintendo is putting effort into this system and working hard to get 3rd party support. I was thinking of buying one on launch at a local store i work at and was going to get it for zombie U but after i seen gameplay and people i know talking about it im kind of sad over it.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']After the success of the wii. I doubt there will be shortage of wii u. Nintendo is just trying to create a sense of shortage to hype the market more, get as much as preorders for it. Considering its releasing the console at christmas time, why would nintendo want to lose out on all those the potential sales.[/QUOTE]

in my area the smaller retailers are at least getting 10 systems from who i talk to and hte one i work at

[quote name='Masx']The reasoning behind some of the hate is that his post is completely irrelevant to this Wii U Pre-order thread (like many other posts). I mean if he isn't planning on purchasing it, then there's no need for him to essentially call it failure and compare it to other systems.[/QUOTE]

It's especially funny when the systems it apparently compares unfavorably to aren't just unreleased, they aren't even announced. I will be first in line for those as well, but the thought of them doesn't ruin the Wiiu for me.

I get that the majority of gamers this gen are casuals that couldn't care less about gameplay as long as there is a healthy amount of crisco added to every texture, but it still makes me cringe to come in contact with one of these mouthbreathers.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']when did i say it would be a failure? it's fantastic nintendo is putting effort into this system and working hard to get 3rd party support. I was thinking of buying one on launch at a local store i work at and was going to get it for zombie U but after i seen gameplay and people i know talking about it im kind of sad over it.[/QUOTE]

You didn't directly say it but it's implied based off the quotes I read especially you ending it saying "it's possible Wii U will become the Wii and gather dust". So you can see how it will rub some people the wrong way.

Also if you read my post I pointed out that other posts not only yours were off topic. Regardless I don't care much personally and I'm not trying to argue just pointing out my observation from reading this thread every so often up till release. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back