Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='moothemagiccow']I want it - I hate black electronics. I wish they had switched the colors or will in the future[/QUOTE]

Be careful what you wish for, we could go back to the 80s/90s trend of silver "look" electronics (i.e., Sony silver plastic). My only complaint is that it's shiny. I think all electronics should have a matte finish. Black makes sense for most households, though, as most electronics are black (so everything matches) and black goes better with most interiors than white (white really stands out). Personally, I wish everything went back to being metal and wood, but that'll never happen.

[quote name='croqoa']Please tell me you don't actually believe Gamestop telling you that games are going to be sold out...[/QUOTE]

Its understandable as Gamestop doesn't typically order more copies of game beyond preorders.

It's a tactic to get you to preorder other games, you walk in and ask for a game and they tell you that they only got enough for their preorders and that you should preorder if you want it on launch day. That's why I buy all my games either at big stores like Target or BB, or order with Amazon for release day delivery.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']I want it - I hate black electronics. I wish they had switched the colors or will in the future[/QUOTE]

I feel you, bro. WHERE THE fuck IS MY INDIGO WII U, NINTENDO.

[quote name='bigriggy63']I live n Fairfax, Va. Best Buy in Fairlakes told me tonight that they are opening at Midnight Saturday night, and Gamestop is doing a 9AM Launch Sunday AM. Have two pre-paid at each store, and couldnt be more excited....GO NINTENDO! lol[/QUOTE]

Hah I called the BB in Rockville. And the WM in Fairlakes. I'll be at the WM :).

[quote name='Icepool']Just figured I'd throw this out there, I work at UPS local sort and scan all incoming packages and today we received the wii u for local gamestops walmarts and bestbuy. I can say each store was only receiving 2-4 packages each containing two consoles. The GameStop I preordered at is only getting 8 wii u's no extra just 4 black and 4 white for preorders.[/QUOTE]

Walmart doesn't receive consoles via UPS. You failed there, buddy.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Colored electronics work for me for handhelds but my red wii ruins the aesthetic in my living room
No thanks[/QUOTE]

Well, that's why there would be choices. You damned indigo hater.

I have a question about the Wii U eshop. Do you have to use the point cards to purchase something? Or can you attach a credit card and pay that way?
Also any clue how much the games will be. I am really interested in getting The Cave & Little Inferno. If I have to use the cards want to make sure I get enough for at least those two.
Thanks

[quote name='ZombieToast']I picked up my copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited a few hours ago and I'm still wearing the hat even thought it's too small for my fat head. [/QUOTE]

LOL +1000 Loving it!!! :D

Has anyone got a shipping confirmation from Target yet for a Sunday delivery with the express shipping? I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to ship on a Sunday. My order says it will be delivered by Sunday, but the target website also says they don't do weekend shipments.

[quote name='mastere333']Has anyone got a shipping confirmation from Target yet for a Sunday delivery with the express shipping? I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to ship on a Sunday. My order says it will be delivered by Sunday, but the target website also says they don't do weekend shipments.[/QUOTE]
ive never heard of a sunday delivery from UPS or Fedex, so im not sure how they are going to do this, i would think they would need to delivery it on Saturday. Unless one of those 3rd party service delivery on Sunday.

[quote name='mastere333']Has anyone got a shipping confirmation from Target yet for a Sunday delivery with the express shipping? I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to ship on a Sunday. My order says it will be delivered by Sunday, but the target website also says they don't do weekend shipments.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned, UPS and Fedex do not do Sunday deliveries. Even Saturday deliveries are rare (for non-commercial locations).
So, if you don't have it Saturday, be prepared to receive it later in the week.

[quote name='Reraise']Another thing they said is if you havent prordered the games you want, you might not get them. They are getting 1 more than preorders of zombiU and Mario...[/QUOTE]

We often mistakenly give GameStop to much credit for being a huge retailer. They are a specialty store. They will get far fewer consoles AND games than Walmart and Target will. So if GameStop sells out of your game don't drive to another. Go to Walmart and pick up one off of the piles of wii u games that they will have.

[quote name='Zazoo']I have a question about the Wii U eshop. Do you have to use the point cards to purchase something? Or can you attach a credit card and pay that way?
Also any clue how much the games will be. I am really interested in getting The Cave & Little Inferno. If I have to use the cards want to make sure I get enough for at least those two.
Thanks

LOL +1000 Loving it!!! :D[/QUOTE]

The cards are out at bestbuy but you can just attach a cc to your account. Remember if your getting the deluxe model to register whatever disc games you buy fur your eShop credit!

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com are two separate entities, so pre-orders for in-store pickup would have always been separated from the in-store stock.[/QUOTE]

This actually isn't entirely true. BBY stores receive one big stock, but none are marked specifically for in-store pick up when they arrive. Although, stores are allocated more units to fill the in-store pick up orders. It's actually not until the day before launch that the online orders are separated. This is how all pre-orders work, not just the Wii U.

(Former BBY employee)

[quote name='ZombieToast']Seriously. They'll tell you that Imagine Babyz is going to sell out if they think that'll get you to buy it.[/QUOTE]

For low key titles,that certainly is possible. I imagine they would only stock one or two copies of Imagine Babyz vs. 200 of Halo 4.

[quote name='GizmoGC']For low key titles,that certainly is possible. I imagine they would only stock one or two copies of Imagine Babyz vs. 200 of Halo 4.[/QUOTE]

that is 100% correct, smaller titles like Atlus games or NIS America, things that are obscure GS will either order a small amount, or only fill any pre orders they get. Past that the store may see a few copies come in here or there.

My favorite encounter with this was the game Viking. Not a great game and a local GS here got a few copies, which were bought up by the local development team that worked on the game. Because that store's stock depleted so quickly they were replenished with over 20 copies of the game.. just for them to sit and collect dust. Pretty Hilarious.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']I was told my local store would open two hours early on Sunday, at 9am rather than 11am. This was the Cerritos, CA location.[/QUOTE]

My store said 11am is usual. Eh. Go to Target, but Wii Us. Play. Go at 11 and get more!

Anyone know when Best Buy pre-orders go out? Since the console is released on a Sunday, does that mean shipment will not begin till Monday or will consoles ship ahead of time, to be delivered by Monday?

Just got back from walmart, I was paying on one of my wii u reserves and asked if they were in yet? I was told yes and I was told that were already sorted out for there layway reserves and that I can come in at 12:00am on 18th and pick it up, even though the layway is normally closed then.

So what are the chances of being able to snag one at Kmart on launch day? Think anybody goes there to stand in line? I've got a 20% coupon that would really make this an amazing deal.

[quote name='beatngurnuts']Just got back from walmart, I was paying on one of my wii u reserves and asked if they were in yet? I was told yes and I was told that were already sorted out for there layway reserves and that I can come in at 12:00am on 18th and pick it up, even though the layway is normally closed then.[/QUOTE]

is your walmart 24 hours Mine closes at midnight, but I was wondering If I can just come by around 11:50pm on saturday and get the system

[quote name='Davivascaino']is your walmart 24 hours Mine closes at midnight, but I was wondering If I can just come by around 11:50pm on saturday and get the system[/QUOTE]

Most likely not, it may be hard locked at the registers. If not, Walmart could face fines for selling it even a few minutes early.

[quote name='Davivascaino']is your walmart 24 hours Mine closes at midnight, but I was wondering If I can just come by around 11:50pm on saturday and get the system[/QUOTE]

The lady at my layaway said they were letting customers pay for it early so at 12:01 we can just grab a box and go.

This whole thing is going to be as YMMV as Wal-Mart clearance

[quote name='adamical']So what are the chances of being able to snag one at Kmart on launch day? Think anybody goes there to stand in line? I've got a 20% coupon that would really make this an amazing deal.[/QUOTE]

I sort of doubt they'll let you use a 20% off coupon on the Wii U. If they do then great, but be prepared to get death stares from the cashier and/or manager lol. Then you do this: :booty:

[quote name='HydroX']Most likely not, it may be hard locked at the registers. If not, Walmart could face fines for selling it even a few minutes early.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo would never fine one of the biggest retailers in America.

[quote name='jacknicklson']The lady at my layaway said they were letting customers pay for it early so at 12:01 we can just grab a box and go.

This whole thing is going to be as YMMV as Wal-Mart clearance[/QUOTE]

I won't be able to pick it up at midnight. Hopefully my Walmart doesn't have idiot employees and accidentally sell mine. :roll:

[quote name='HydroX']Most likely not, it may be hard locked at the registers. If not, Walmart could face fines for selling it even a few minutes early.[/QUOTE]

False. Some Walmarts have already given out their Wii U layaway pre-orders to people.

[quote name='Nintendonly']False. Some Walmarts have already given out their Wii U layaway pre-orders to people.[/QUOTE]

Not surprising. I know Target has a hard lock system at the registers, wasn't sure if Walmart did the same.

[quote name='HydroX']Not surprising. I know Target has a hard lock system at the registers, wasn't sure if Walmart did the same.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how a Walmart layaway works? It's not the same as a sale.

[quote name='Nintendonly']False. Some Walmarts have already given out their Wii U layaway pre-orders to people.[/QUOTE]

Wow.. gonna call and try it later today.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Seriously. They'll tell you that Imagine Babyz is going to sell out if they think that'll get you to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Let's go back... It's 1996. My friend and I drove to Mansfield(35 mins) to pickup an N64. Sold out. So we drove to Sandusky(90 mins) and got one at GameStop but they were out of all games lol. Stopped at 6 stores finally found Mario 64 at ....... Service Merchandise lol 75$ sticker price. #worthit
Ocarina of Time is the last game I have ever seen sell out at launch.

[quote name='maximumzero']So who would be the best to ask about a midnight launch line at Wal-Mart? Someone in electronics, someone in layaway, or a manager?[/QUOTE]

If the Walmart is only open 7am-10pm (the times most stores in New England are open), then they won't be doing a midnight release. If the store is 24 hours, just fucking wait in the electronics department.

[quote name='jedi0077']Let's go back... It's 1996. My friend and I drove to Mansfield(35 mins) to pickup an N64. Sold out. So we drove to Sandusky(90 mins) and got one at GameStop but they were out of all games lol. Stopped at 6 stores finally found Mario 64 at ....... Service Merchandise lol 75$ sticker price. #worthit
Ocarina of Time is the last game I have ever seen sell out at launch.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, things were a bit different in the N64 days due to the higher cost and time it took to manufacture a cartridge vs. a disc these days.

[quote name='Nintendonly']If the Walmart is only open 7am-10pm (the times most stores in New England are open), then they won't be doing a midnight release. If the store is 24 hours, just fucking wait in the electronics department.[/QUOTE]

24 hour Wal-Mart. Maybe I'll drag a lawn chair over from sporting goods.

I was planning on showing up around 6PM and wait it out till midnight. I'd just hate for midnight to roll around only to find out there was a line somewhere on the other side of the store and I've been waiting around for nothing.

[quote name='maximumzero']24 hour Wal-Mart. Maybe I'll drag a lawn chair over from sporting goods.

I was planning on showing up around 6PM and wait it out till midnight. I'd just hate for midnight to roll around only to find out there was a line somewhere on the other side of the store and I've been waiting around for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Talk to a manager when you get there, that'll pretty much guarantee you're in the right place or that if you're starting the line that people will know where the line begins.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Odds are, you'll have to begin the line at the Electronics Department cash register.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I just don't want to look awkward or suspicious or be in the way of the rest of the customers.

[quote name='Nintendonly']If the Walmart is only open 7am-10pm (the times most stores in New England are open), then they won't be doing a midnight release. If the store is 24 hours, just fucking wait in the electronics department.[/QUOTE]

Not true. I'm in NH and my Walmart isn't 24 hours and is doing a midnight release. Just call your walmart, ask to speak to a manager and ask them.

[quote name='jedi0077']Let's go back... It's 1996. My friend and I drove to Mansfield(35 mins) to pickup an N64. Sold out. So we drove to Sandusky(90 mins) and got one at GameStop but they were out of all games lol. Stopped at 6 stores finally found Mario 64 at ....... Service Merchandise lol 75$ sticker price. #worthit
Ocarina of Time is the last game I have ever seen sell out at launch.[/QUOTE]
Service Merchandise lol, I'm old enough to remember browsing that store when I was a kid.

I can't believe so many "hardcore nintendo fans" can order their consoles and wait for delivery. Nintendo always launches on Sunday so you know it's shipping on Monday. Even express($$$$) shipping gets it to you Tuesday. Not to mention your console being on the floor of a USPS or ups truck under a box of frozen Omaha steaks and snow blowers from amazon lol
Just go outside. Once. :) I like waiting in line for consoles though so that's just me!

[quote name='jacknicklson']So after all that you are now planning on showing up 6 hours early???

Bout time you came around haha[/QUOTE]

The difference is that a 24-hour Wal-Mart allows me to wait inside the building instead of outside of the store.

[quote name='mustbepbs']Not true. I'm in NH and my Walmart isn't 24 hours and is doing a midnight release. Just call your walmart, ask to speak to a manager and ask them.[/QUOTE]

Which store in NH is this? I missed the whole pre-order wave (didn't get the itch until trying the Rayman demo, and by then it was too late), and I'm flying out to visit family for the week Sunday morning, so can't really try to find anything then (and we don't really have many/any 24-hr stores up here). But if there's a wal-mart nearby doing a midnight release i might drive over there to check it out, i only need 3-4 hours sleep anyway, it's not like i'm flying the plane :p

[quote name='jrbatche2001']Which store in NH is this? I missed the whole pre-order wave (didn't get the itch until trying the Rayman demo, and by then it was too late), and I'm flying out to visit family for the week Sunday morning, so can't really try to find anything then (and we don't really have many/any 24-hr stores up here). But if there's a wal-mart nearby doing a midnight release i might drive over there to check it out, i only need 3-4 hours sleep anyway, it's not like i'm flying the plane :p[/QUOTE]

The one in Gilford. They seem like they're in the up and up. Called them yesterday and they said they are probably getting more than pre ordered.

[quote name='jedi0077']I can't believe so many "hardcore nintendo fans" can order their consoles and wait for delivery. Nintendo always launches on Sunday so you know it's shipping on Monday. Even express($$$$) shipping gets it to you Tuesday. Not to mention your console being on the floor of a USPS or ups truck under a box of frozen Omaha steaks and snow blowers from amazon lol
Just go outside. Once. :) I like waiting in line for consoles though so that's just me![/QUOTE]

Free standard shipping is fine with me. Something about standing in line sucking auto exhaust fumes in a Buffalo parking lot at 5AM on one of my few days off... I don't know, it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. :)

[quote name='mustbepbs']The one in Gilford. They seem like they're in the up and up. Called them yesterday and they said they are probably getting more than pre ordered.[/QUOTE]

Crap, that's over an hour away (I'm on the seacoast), which means i wouldn't get home until until 1:30 at the earliest, leaving me zero time to set up and try it out before leaving for the airport at 5am unless i skip sleep altogether. I might call a couple of locations closer to me to see if they're doing something similar, though. Thanks for the heads up, i didn't even know it was a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back