Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jedi0077']The cards are out at bestbuy but you can just attach a cc to your account. Remember if your getting the deluxe model to register whatever disc games you buy fur your eShop credit![/QUOTE]

Good to know I can just attach a CC much rather do that then have left over money just sitting In the account because of the cards

So your saying that we get eshop credit from the bonus for deluxe owners even if we bought the retail game? That would be awesome!! But I haven't seen anything on that do you have a link? thanks!

[quote name='maximumzero']The difference is that a 24-hour Wal-Mart allows me to wait inside the building instead of outside of the store.[/QUOTE]
This is also up to the individual store and manager. When the PS3 launched my 24 hour Walmart made us wait outside. Nothing about Walmart is consistent or planned.

A note for anyone that reserved your Wii U at Toy's R Us - I just received an email stating I can pick up my Deluxe preorder starting Sunday, November 18th. The email shows the store I preordered it at and my order number, which matches the number on preorder receipt. If you preordered through TRU you might want to check your inbox.

[quote name='jrbatche2001']Crap, that's over an hour away (I'm on the seacoast), which means i wouldn't get home until until 1:30 at the earliest, leaving me zero time to set up and try it out before leaving for the airport at 5am unless i skip sleep altogether. I might call a couple of locations closer to me to see if they're doing something similar, though. Thanks for the heads up, i didn't even know it was a possibility.[/QUOTE]

If I were you I'd just call the Walmart stores surrounding where you're staying and ask if they are doing a midnight launch. I'm sure you'll find one.

Only a few days of left. *sigh of relief*. But I'm a bit nervous about buying one. i actually hate being a first mover a lot of times because there usually isn't a lot of content until year two. HOWEVER, I am guaranteed one and I can use it to catch up on Wii games (Skyward Sword) since I don't have a Wii. But there's so much on my 360 and PS3 I have yet to finish. Anyone else feel the same.

Also, I see why the Wii didn't have the same power as the Xbox 360. All of the games are too much of the same. You do need differentation.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Only a few days of left. *sigh of relief*. But I'm a bit nervous about buying one. i actually hate being a first mover a lot of times because there usually isn't a lot of content until year two. HOWEVER, I am guaranteed one and I can use it to catch up on Wii games (Skyward Sword) since I don't have a Wii. But there's so much on my 360 and PS3 I have yet to finish. Anyone else feel the same.

Also, I see why the Wii didn't have the same power as the Xbox 360. All of the games are too much of the same. You do need differentation.[/QUOTE]

The Wii didn't have the same power as the Xbox 360 because Nintendo gave up the specs race and instead for a different approach: Expanded Audience. Like with the DS they developed new ways to play the game and went for lower-cost hardware so it would be an easier sell.

Luckily for them it worked.

So I called Wal-Mart and apparently my store won't be carrying anymore wiiu's than the preorders. Kind of pissed because I didn't preorder. But what happens to those preorders that don't get picked up?

[quote name='jedi0077']I can't believe so many "hardcore nintendo fans" can order their consoles and wait for delivery. Nintendo always launches on Sunday so you know it's shipping on Monday. Even express($$$$) shipping gets it to you Tuesday. Not to mention your console being on the floor of a USPS or ups truck under a box of frozen Omaha steaks and snow blowers from amazon lol
Just go outside. Once. :) I like waiting in line for consoles though so that's just me![/QUOTE]

Naw, they're allowed to ship before the launch date, as long as it's not delivered before the launch date. So they could realistically ship them out tomorrow (Friday) and be fine. I would imagine that many people, especially those who picked expedited shipping, will get theirs on Monday.

I called Target.com to see if they would be able to tell when the system would ship since the delivery date is listed as Sunday. The lady I spoke with had no idea when it would ship, but assured me that I would get an automatic refund of the shipping price if it is past the estimated delivery date.

[quote name='ProppaT']Naw, they're allowed to ship before the launch date, as long as it's not delivered before the launch date. So they could realistically ship them out tomorrow (Friday) and be fine. I would imagine that many people, especially those who picked expedited shipping, will get theirs on Monday.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nintendonly']Walmart doesn't receive consoles via UPS. You failed there, buddy.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Walmart does receive consoles via ups early in the console's life cycle, before eventually shipping from their own warehouse.

[quote name='cold_young_thug']So I called Wal-Mart and apparently my store won't be carrying anymore wiiu's than the preorders. Kind of pissed because I didn't preorder. But what happens to those preorders that don't get picked up?[/QUOTE]
They're layaway, that means they'll be held until the middle of Dec.

I got the WII U games I pre ordered from Kmart.

Black Ops 2 and Batman.

Something I dident know. According to back of the box of batman. You can play the game on it. Like pressing that tv button streams the game on the pad.

[quote name='jakowako']A note for anyone that reserved your Wii U at Toy's R Us - I just received an email stating I can pick up my Deluxe preorder starting Sunday, November 18th. The email shows the store I preordered it at and my order number, which matches the number on preorder receipt. If you preordered through TRU you might want to check your inbox.[/QUOTE]

I preordered through the TRU website, so I'm hoping they start processing my order soon. I haven't seen the money taken from my account though yet.

[quote name='maximumzero']The Wii didn't have the same power as the Xbox 360 because Nintendo gave up the specs race and instead for a different approach: Expanded Audience. Like with the DS they developed new ways to play the game and went for lower-cost hardware so it would be an easier sell.

Luckily for them it worked.[/QUOTE]
No, Nintendo didn't put any muscle into the Wii because they didn't want to lose any money and made a console that was obsolete in 2008. The Wii was a now console, it had nothing to offer in the long term.

They did things like rely on the public's slow adoption rate of HD sets and maxed theirs out at 480p. That meant that people could get by with their old CRT's but alienated people who spent money on better displays. Those people spent their money on other consoles.

Nintendo has always skimped on the hardware sides of things because that's where the costs come in, they refuse to spend money in that department. That's why the Wii's lifespan was gone by 2008 and the Wii U's lifespan should be ending about 2014.

[quote name='jakowako']A note for anyone that reserved your Wii U at Toy's R Us - I just received an email stating I can pick up my Deluxe preorder starting Sunday, November 18th. The email shows the store I preordered it at and my order number, which matches the number on preorder receipt. If you preordered through TRU you might want to check your inbox.[/QUOTE]

fuck, I preordered in store as well, and haven't received the email yet!!!!:hot::hot:
did you paid off?? I just put down 20 bucks

I hear target took 10 preorders but stores are recieving many more.

This one guy said his store took 10 but got 88 total. So target looks like a place to campout for those who didnt preorder.

[quote name='jedi0077']I can't believe so many "hardcore nintendo fans" can order their consoles and wait for delivery. Nintendo always launches on Sunday so you know it's shipping on Monday. Even express($$$$) shipping gets it to you Tuesday. Not to mention your console being on the floor of a USPS or ups truck under a box of frozen Omaha steaks and snow blowers from amazon lol
Just go outside. Once. :) I like waiting in line for consoles though so that's just me![/QUOTE]
I would of done this but I at work between 8 and 5 and well the only store that handled preorders near me on a day I could get to it was gamestop. Even then that was going to be going there at 6 pm to preorder, and on launch day driving 50 minutes to get there. I just preordered online instead.

Not that I wanted to, but it was more so I wasn't going to bother any other way. Yeah I am worried about my Wii-U very much because mail occasionally gets lost but if it's through UPS I should be fine.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No, Nintendo didn't put any muscle into the Wii because they didn't want to lose any money and made a console that was obsolete in 2008. The Wii was a now console, it had nothing to offer in the long term.

They did things like rely on the public's slow adoption rate of HD sets and maxed theirs out at 480p. That meant that people could get by with their old CRT's but alienated people who spent money on better displays. Those people spent their money on other consoles.

Nintendo has always skimped on the hardware sides of things because that's where the costs come in, they refuse to spend money in that department. That's why the Wii's lifespan was gone by 2008 and the Wii U's lifespan should be ending about 2014.[/QUOTE]
It makes you wonder where Wii U will fall in two years from now. That being said I'm still getting one because I love first party games no matter how powerful, or weak the system is.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']but alienated people who spent money on better displays. Those people spent their money on other consoles.

Nintendo has always skimped on the hardware sides of things because that's where the costs come in, they refuse to spend money in that department. That's why the Wii's lifespan was gone by 2008 and the Wii U's lifespan should be ending about 2014.[/QUOTE]

I...wait, what?

How did they "alienate" people who spent money on HDTVs? People played DVDs on HDTV for years before Blu-Ray rolled around and even now DVDs are still the best selling format out there.

I played my Wii on a HDTV for its entire lifespan, as did many others.

Also I'm not entirely sure how you consider the Wii's "lifespan" gone by 2008 when some of its best titles were released in 2010 and 2011.

Nintendo didnt push hard with wii because they didnt have to. Wii dominated last gen in sales, game sales, console sales, controller sales etc.

I do expect Sony and Microsoft to come back with a huge effort for their next consoles. Should be fun

[quote name='soxxx']I hear target took 10 preorders but stores are recieving many more.

This one guy said his store took 10 but got 88 total. So target looks like a place to campout for those who didnt preorder.[/QUOTE]
This is going to be very YMMV. Blanket statements about chains with thousands of stores aren't going to apply to every location. Some Targets will have extra systems and others won't. The same with Best Buy, Walmart, etc...

Check your local stores.

[quote name='tcbys']I got the WII U games I pre ordered from Kmart.

Black Ops 2 and Batman.

Something I dident know. According to back of the box of batman. You can play the game on it. Like pressing that tv button streams the game on the pad.[/QUOTE]
That's nifty, I hope that most games use that feature.

I know after playing Wonderful 101 that you see insides of buildings on the pad but everything outside on the TV, I'm guessing that pad only gameplay wont be an option there.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No, Nintendo didn't put any muscle into the Wii because they didn't want to lose any money and made a console that was obsolete in 2008. The Wii was a now console, it had nothing to offer in the long term.

I think you're both right and wrong. The reason the Wii-U is about as powerful as a 360 is that 25-30% of the processor is dedicated to the tablet controller. So even though the hardware is superior... it looks about the same. Now it's a question of whether that strategy was worth it. It kinda makes sense for 2013, 360/PS3/Wii-U will all have the same horsepower for developers for the main game. Then they add on as much content as they can for the controller. But in 2014 when everybody is making games for PS4 and XBox720, the Wii-U becomes underpowered again like the Wii for the PS3/360 and probably a bit of a pain to support.

I actually don't plan on picking up my WiiU till after Black Friday. I wonder if they will honor it and let me pick it up whenever or they will sell it and make me wait longer?

If anything, I'll just get it at launch though I really don't want to.

[quote name='vcplant']I think you're both right and wrong. The reason the Wii-U is about as powerful as a 360 is that 25-30% of the processor is dedicated to the tablet controller. So even though the hardware is superior... it looks about the same. Now it's a question of whether that strategy was worth it. It kinda makes sense for 2013, 360/PS3/Wii-U will all have the same horsepower for developers for the main game. Then they add on as much content as they can for the controller. But in 2014 when everybody is making games for PS4 and XBox720, the Wii-U becomes underpowered again like the Wii for the PS3/360 and probably a bit of a pain to support.[/QUOTE]

This is true, but the scenario has changed a bit. The Wii was stuck at 480p and low quality textures while the 360 and PS3 were running 720p with mid grade textures. This time around, the Wii U is doing HD and will be able to display mid to high quality textures. The PS4 and 720 will be displaying at 1080p and mid to high quality textures. This plays a lot better for Nintendo, because they're going to be displaying HD even if it's not 1080p. Also, if the game is running 1080p on the PS4/720, it should be portable to the Wii U in 720p if they disable some lighting/shadow/environmental effects.

Will the Wii U be weaker than the PS4/720? You bet. But it will still look good and third parties will be able to port titles to it without totally rewriting the game like they had to with the Wii. And, for families that want Nintendo first party games and can't afford 2-3 consoles, it will probably prove to be the best value, especially depending on the price of the PS4/720. Then again, if the 720 manages to launch in the $300 range...things could get interesting.

I went to TRU in Watchung NJ and saw these: Call of Duty, Scribblenauts, Madden, Ninja Gaiden, and Assassin's Creed. Buy 1 get 1 40% off.

Flingsmash is marked further down to $25 if anyone's looking for extra remotes with motion plus. Buy 1 get 1 40% off also works on these. So $40 for two remotes.

I want to add into this discussion. Nintendo got really burned and lost their first place spot in the industry by pushing hardware in the late 90s. with their N64. it had the highest graphics output in power. But the console was expensive to manufacture compared to a playstation 1. But the main reason they lost in their race was because they stuck with cartridges. Despite the fact that there were no loading times, developers would flock to cd based consoles because blank cartridges cost 22$. Compare that to 25 cent fiber optic discs. It would take nearly a million units of game sales to break even with a cartridge game. compared to 300,000 units of sales to break even on a disc based game. Nintendo never wanted to push hardware graphics specs again after that. They went back to innovation.

I’ve been following this thread for some time and thought I’d ask those of you who are planning on selling a WiiU: when do you plan to sell it? Will you list it on eBay or craigslist right after picking it up or will you wait a few weeks?

I’m wondering if the hype (and therefore, the market cost) of the WiiU will go up a few weeks after launch.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Just scored a preorder through kmart, boom goes the dynamite![/QUOTE]

In-Store? Intriguing. What's the procedure for this?

About this coming new generation of consoles, every new cycle has hardcore gamers push the initial userbase numbers in the beginning. That's how you get the consoles a rolling start. you then get third party support for software with that userbase. in the case of the Wii U, it will be the inbetween the HD consoles and the new upcoming Sony and MS consoles. With the currenty wii U graphics, it will have games that the 360 and PS3 get. What people dont see is, the new PS4 and MS consoles will have to compete not only against tablets, Wii U. But also against their own previous consoles. You think companies like Ubisoft, Square and Capcom are willing to pony up millions of dollars to develop a game looking so good on one or two consoles that each have a userbase of only 3 million or less? Nintendo was smart to make their Wii U about the same power as the current HD consoles. they get ports of the games. a PS4 or an xbox 720 will not get a exclusive high graphics game. it will be a port that has slightly better graphics.

Went to Walmart to see what was going on. The girl I talked to in layaway didn't really know so she took me to electronics where several employees let me know what was going on. The girl in layaway told me that they did not have enough consoles to fill preorders and that it was first come first serve rather than going in order of preorders sold and that there was no mignight launch. The people in electronics told me they are having a midnight launch and they have enough consoles to cover preorders +6 extra for people in line. I made arrangements to be able to get there around 9:30/10:00ish just in case though. I forgot to ask if they will have plenty of games and accessories though.

[quote name='Alucard400']I want to add into this discussion. Nintendo got really burned and lost their first place spot in the industry by pushing hardware in the late 90s. with their N64. it had the highest graphics output in power. But the console was expensive to manufacture compared to a playstation 1. But the main reason they lost in their race was because they stuck with cartridges. Despite the fact that there were no loading times, developers would flock to cd based consoles because blank cartridges cost 22$. Compare that to 25 cent fiber optic discs. It would take nearly a million units of game sales to break even with a cartridge game. compared to 300,000 units of sales to break even on a disc based game. Nintendo never wanted to push hardware graphics specs again after that. They went back to innovation.[/QUOTE]
Two things:

1) Compact discs have nothing to do with fiber optics. Both technologies use a laser, but they're unrelated.

2) The Gamecube followed the Nintendo 64 and was a fairly powerful console. It was comparable to the Xbox spec-wise but very difficult to develop for in comparison, which had an impact on third-party adoption and port quality.

[quote name='maximumzero']Done.

How exciting.[/QUOTE]

Did you get it from the Kmart in Metairie? I think you took the last one, it no longer works lol

[quote name='mBucket']Did you get it from the Kmart in Metairie? I think you took the last one, it no longer works lol[/QUOTE]

7000 Veterans Memorial Blvd. The one near David Dr./Chuck E Cheese.

[quote name='mustbepbs']Not true. I'm in NH and my Walmart isn't 24 hours and is doing a midnight release. Just call your walmart, ask to speak to a manager and ask them.[/QUOTE]

Same. I'm getting mine in NH at a Walmart that normally closes at midnight but they are having a midnight launch for it.

[quote name='KManPilkers']I’ve been following this thread for some time and thought I’d ask those of you who are planning on selling a WiiU: when do you plan to sell it? Will you list it on eBay or craigslist right after picking it up or will you wait a few weeks?

I’m wondering if the hype (and therefore, the market cost) of the WiiU will go up a few weeks after launch.[/QUOTE]

If I plan on selling it, I'm going to do it 2 to 3 weeks before Christmas. That would be the time people are going to looking for it and the time stores will most likely say no more shipments till 2012. Put it up on eBay on December 10th for 7 days. That gives enough time to ship it without it being delayed in the mail.

I personally despise Kmart, but if it gets me a Wii-U I'm down for it, hoping they don't cancel our orders but who knows, seems like it was based on some sort of stock on hand as it was hard to find one in my area.

[quote name='maximumzero']7000 Veterans Memorial Blvd. The one near David Dr./Chuck E Cheese.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the only one that showed up originally. You got lucky I guess. I'm hoping my pre-order card at Target on Clearview gets me a deluxe system.

Looking at NSMBU gameplay, I decided I want it. It seems like they actually changed the level music from the first 3 games (or at least added a lot of new music in). Plus different backgrounds :lol:.

That and I am getting Epic Mickey 2 for PC now since I got it for $30.

I may or may not be doing the Old Navy deal, depending on if my Wii-U comes in before next Friday from gamestop.

[quote name='ProppaT']Naw, they're allowed to ship before the launch date, as long as it's not delivered before the launch date. So they could realistically ship them out tomorrow (Friday) and be fine. I would imagine that many people, especially those who picked expedited shipping, will get theirs on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I would have done in-store pickup via Best Buy, but at the time I pre-ordered, all my local stores showed as unavailable. They suddenly became available after the pre-order and I didn't want to cancel my existing order. At the end of the day, who cares? At most, it's a couple days difference.

Halo 4 will keep occupied until I get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back