Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mastere333']Has anyone got a shipping confirmation from Target yet for a Sunday delivery with the express shipping? I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to ship on a Sunday. My order says it will be delivered by Sunday, but the target website also says they don't do weekend shipments.[/QUOTE]

you will not get the the thing till monday nothing gets delivered on sunday sorry your out of luck. Any one that order online will not get it till monday

[quote name='maximumzero']So what's "pending e-mail confirmation" mean?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they sent you an email where you have to confirm that it's your email address by clicking a link. Similar to signing up for a forum account. Did you checkout using "Continue as guest" instead of signing into a Kmart account?

I think that just means it is pending an email to confirm the order was placed, I never received an actual 'order' e-mail yet, but my account shows the order as open/pending.

[quote name='mBucket']Perhaps they sent you an email where you have to confirm that it's your email address by clicking a link. Similar to signing up for a forum account. Did you checkout using "Continue as guest" instead of signing into a Kmart account?[/QUOTE]

Signed into my existing KMart account, though it was my first online order as I received a "Thank you for creating a kmart.com account" e-mail afterward. (Previously only used the account for the KMart rewards program)

[quote name='jedi0077']I can't believe so many "hardcore nintendo fans" can order their consoles and wait for delivery. Nintendo always launches on Sunday so you know it's shipping on Monday. Even express($$$$) shipping gets it to you Tuesday. Not to mention your console being on the floor of a USPS or ups truck under a box of frozen Omaha steaks and snow blowers from amazon lol
Just go outside. Once. :) I like waiting in line for consoles though so that's just me![/QUOTE]

i buy all my video games or systems online unless a store has a crazy sale. just like the idea of shoping from home and release date arrive don't hurtplaces like amazon it can save tons of money seeing most states they don't charge tax. if amazong had wii u systems i would have got one for sure.

I got an error when I checked out with the message "An error has occurred," but Paypal is showing a payment request, and my credit card has been pre-authorized. No e-mail or anything, and I was using a guest account. I'm guessing that's probably the worst possible outcome of this situation.

[quote name='maximumzero']The Wii didn't have the same power as the Xbox 360 because Nintendo gave up the specs race and instead for a different approach: Expanded Audience. Like with the DS they developed new ways to play the game and went for lower-cost hardware so it would be an easier sell.

Luckily for them it worked.[/QUOTE]

it worked for them money wish yes. It hurt gamers because thanks to the no so great power the 3rd party support was just not their and thankfully seems like that will not be the case for wii U.

About console power - I just don't think it is that important anymore. The Wii U is capable of 1080p and while the other consoles, when they eventually come out, might be more powerful I'm more interested in good games than I am powerful consoles. This past console generation most of the games that came out on ps360 that were AAA titles were also availbe for pc and look better on that platform. I game on my pc so those consoles don't offer me much. Red Dead Redemption being the stand out that never came to pc. For me personally PC+Nintendo offers most of what I need and want. The one major exception being a Japanese 360 for Cave shmups but most people didn't import a Japanese 360 anyhow.

[quote name='Octopod']About console power - I just don't think it is that important anymore. The Wii U is capable of 1080p and while the other consoles, when they eventually come out, might be more powerful I'm more interested in good games than I am powerful consoles. This past console generation most of the games that came out on ps360 that were AAA titles were also availbe for pc and look better on that platform. I game on my pc so those consoles don't offer me much. Red Dead Redemption being the stand out that never came to pc. For me personally PC+Nintendo offers most of what I need and want. The one major exception being a Japanese 360 for Cave shmups but most people didn't import a Japanese 360 anyhow.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. I built a solid "gaming" PC a couple of years ago -- it isn't even top of the line but games look great on it. And Steam has really transformed PC gaming in general. Have barely used my PS3 since.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']it worked for them money wish yes. It hurt gamers because thanks to the no so great power the 3rd party support was just not their and thankfully seems like that will not be the case for wii U.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, there was enough software from Nintendo alone to keep me busy. Include the good third-party efforts that were there like Goldeneye, Red Steel 2, and Monster Hunter Tri, plus others, and I had more than enough to play.

For those that preordered from Best Buy (and did in-store pickup), is your order still at the "Payment Validated" phase? Or, has it moved on?

Order Status:: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 11/18/12.
Order Received
Payment Validated
Preparing Order
Ready for Pickup
Item Picked Up

[quote name='soxxx']Nintendo didnt push hard with wii because they didnt have to. Wii dominated last gen in sales, game sales, console sales, controller sales etc.

I do expect Sony and Microsoft to come back with a huge effort for their next consoles. Should be fun[/QUOTE]

system sales yes, GAME sales NO lol ps3 and 360 had every major franchise NO WAY wii beat them in total game sales. Who got call of duty for the wii lol that game alone sold tons and tons of games for 360 and ps3. The wii had awful 3rd party support most good games for most of the life of the wii was nintendo first party games.

[quote name='Alucard400']About this coming new generation of consoles, every new cycle has hardcore gamers push the initial userbase numbers in the beginning. That's how you get the consoles a rolling start. you then get third party support for software with that userbase. in the case of the Wii U, it will be the inbetween the HD consoles and the new upcoming Sony and MS consoles. With the currenty wii U graphics, it will have games that the 360 and PS3 get. What people dont see is, the new PS4 and MS consoles will have to compete not only against tablets, Wii U. But also against their own previous consoles. You think companies like Ubisoft, Square and Capcom are willing to pony up millions of dollars to develop a game looking so good on one or two consoles that each have a userbase of only 3 million or less? Nintendo was smart to make their Wii U about the same power as the current HD consoles. they get ports of the games. a PS4 or an xbox 720 will not get a exclusive high graphics game. it will be a port that has slightly better graphics.[/QUOTE]

some major game companys have already said they are working on games for next gen systems so your last part is complete false.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']system sales yes, GAME sales NO lol ps3 and 360 had every major franchise NO WAY wii beat them in total game sales. Who got call of duty for the wii lol that game alone sold tons and tons of games for 360 and ps3. The wii had awful 3rd party support most good games for most of the life of the wii was nintendo first party games.[/QUOTE]

Again though, I don't understand why anyone would want to play that style of game on a console rather than pc. Mouse and keyboard are far superior to a controller for fps.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']system sales yes, GAME sales NO lol ps3 and 360 had every major franchise NO WAY wii beat them in total game sales. Who got call of duty for the wii lol that game alone sold tons and tons of games for 360 and ps3. The wii had awful 3rd party support most good games for most of the life of the wii was nintendo first party games.[/QUOTE]

Yes in game sales, Wii fit was the highest selling of all time i believe.

[quote name='Octopod']Again though, I don't understand why anyone would want to play that style of game on a console rather than pc. Mouse and keyboard are far superior to a controller for fps.[/QUOTE]

i play all my pc games with a 360 gamepad never been a fan of keyboard

[quote name='soxxx']Yes in game sales, Wii fit was the highest selling of all time i believe.[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart Wii is around the 32m mark as well

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i play all my pc games with a 360 gamepad never been a fan of keyboard[/QUOTE]

I use a 360 pad for console emulators on my pc but that is about it.

[quote name='Octopod']Again though, I don't understand why anyone would want to play that style of game on a console rather than pc. Mouse and keyboard are far superior to a controller for fps.[/QUOTE]
PC Elitist...
I hate keyboard and mouse. Precision is so wonky on it and I hate using the keyboard to move. wasd can suck it!

[quote name='maximumzero']Man why you guys gotta hate? I accept all consoles into my life.[/QUOTE]

who is hating? i game on pc,ps3,360,wii and many older systems heck i still play NES and sega G. lol

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/

wii fit is like 13th wii sports is number one but that is not sales of the game just seeing it came with system

mario kart is 3rd[/QUOTE]

Wii Sports didn't come with the system in Japan. It actually sold that many copies.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Did anybody get an e-mail confirmation from Kmart?[/QUOTE]

No, not a order nor a pickup confirmation (obviously) yet.

Site says "pending e-mail confirmation" so I've crossed ye olde fingers.

[quote name='Rig']For those that preordered from Best Buy (and did in-store pickup), is your order still at the "Payment Validated" phase? Or, has it moved on?

Order Received
Payment Validated
Preparing Order
Ready for Pickup
Item Picked Up[/QUOTE]

Mine is still just like yours.

[quote name='Rig']For those that preordered from Best Buy (and did in-store pickup), is your order still at the "Payment Validated" phase? Or, has it moved on?

Order Received
Payment Validated
Preparing Order
Ready for Pickup
Item Picked Up[/QUOTE]

Same. I am checking it daily. What I am worried about is when we get the email notice that it's ready to pick up. I think we won't get this email until the morning of November 18th. I want to pick up the console during midnight, and the store I chose in-store pickup is doing a midnight launch for instore preorders and walk ins. I do know online in-store pickup consoles are put aside for us.

[quote name='Eggman']Wii Sports didn't come with the system in Japan. It actually sold that many copies.[/QUOTE]

you can't compare wii,xbox,ps3 numbers in japan lol nintendo owns japan no one plays 360 in japan

[quote name='tcrash247']Thanks! Nabbed one.[/QUOTE]

Ordered one through K-Mart as well. Which store did you do? I am picking mine up at the store on the Boulevard in NE Philly.

Anyone think the Kmart pre-orders will be available Sunday morning? I have a Target pre-order reservation card but idk if I should try the Kmart order just in case the Target one doesn't work out in the end, kinda paranoid.

it's just strange kmart even got alot of wii us the franchise is almost dead nintendo supply must be more then we were thinking which could be a good sign.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Ordered one through K-Mart as well. Which store did you do? I am picking mine up at the store on the Boulevard in NE Philly.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember which Philly Kmart was on the list, but there's one in Deptford, NJ that was on there, and that Kmart is only 5 minutes from me.

All out of Deluxe versions at K Mart, so I'm in for a basic.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly. Still have a "wait list" spot to hang onto for the Deluxe.

[quote name='tcrash247']I don't remember which Philly Kmart was on the list, but there's one in Deptford, NJ that was on there, and that Kmart is only 5 minutes from me.[/QUOTE]
I saw at least two Philly Kmarts on my list, one of which was on the Boulevard. I ended up ordering from the one in Doylestown, which is about an hour's drive from Philly.

looks like its going to be a very strong launch lineup, IGN reviews:

NSMBU 9.1
Nintendoland 8.7
Ninja Gaiden Razors Edge 7.6

real curious to see what ZombieU gets

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back