Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drclaw411']I sincerely hope that every one of us that tries, preorder or otherwise, is able to get the Wii U console on launch. Good luck everyone.[/QUOTE]

Hear hear! I sincerely hope to see mostly success stories come Sunday for everyone wanting to get one. :)

Tried my luck at walmart today, have one on layaway. Guy looked at it and said "Oh it's a Wii U, we can't sell those till the 18th. We've got them in the back, but I can't do it." I acted surprised, like oh I thought they were released on the 15th. Worth a shot, I'll probably try again tomorrow at a different time. Maybe i'll get someone less aware :)

[quote name='soxxx']Bestbuys will be handing out tickets, for those who didnt preorder.[/QUOTE]

every store should do that if they don't it's who can run faster to electronics

[quote name='soxxx']Bestbuys will be handing out tickets, for those who didnt preorder.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Target will do that. I have a pre-order reservation card but I don't know what to expect come Sunday morning.

Getting really excited now, I have to wait until next week when I get my Walmart.com shipped order. I just can't get to the store so it works out this way. I have a nice start with Zombie, Deluxe 32 unit, Pro controller, Assassins Creed III and Super Mario U from Newegg. With those 12 dollar off pre orders. That should hold me a while. I might go to TRU though and get a few more games on the sale buy two get 30 off. I want NBA 2K13, Epic Mickey 2 Or COD BO 2.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']every store should do that if they don't it's who can run faster to electronics[/QUOTE]

For the Wii they handed out tickets. I was 40 of 84.....It went smooth, but by 8:00 there was 500+ people on line.

Good thing I showed up 14 hours early and not 1 or 2 like a lot of people.

[quote name='tightclaws']Getting really excited now, I have to wait until next week when I get my Walmart.com shipped order. I just can't get to the store so it works out this way. I have a nice start with Zombie, Deluxe 32 unit, Pro controller, Assassins Creed III and Super Mario U from Newegg. With those 12 dollar off pre orders. That should hold me a while. I might go to TRU though and get a few more games on the sale buy two get 30 off. I want NBA 2K13, Epic Mickey 2 Or COD BO 2.[/QUOTE]

AC3 should keep you busy i got it for 360 and has tons of things to do it's such a great game.

[quote name='tightclaws']Getting really excited now, I have to wait until next week when I get my Walmart.com shipped order. I just can't get to the store so it works out this way. I have a nice start with Zombie, Deluxe 32 unit, Pro controller, Assassins Creed III and Super Mario U from Newegg. With those 12 dollar off pre orders. That should hold me a while. I might go to TRU though and get a few more games on the sale buy two get 30 off. I want NBA 2K13, Epic Mickey 2 Or COD BO 2.[/QUOTE]

That particular sale ends on Saturday. B1G1 40% starts on Sunday for all Wii U games.

[quote name='prim4444']That particular sale ends on Saturday. B1G1 40% starts on Sunday for all Wii U games.[/QUOTE]
Bummer not as good, but still not bad. I'm probably not buying anything else for a while anyway gonna be broke after this... might get a game on the Eshop that 3D shooter that can play on the gamepad.

When did Newegg do Wii U pre-orders?

[quote name='soxxx']For the Wii they handed out tickets. I was 40 of 84.....It went smooth, but by 8:00 there was 500+ people on line.

Good thing I showed up 14 hours early and not 1 or 2 like a lot of people.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the line fills up really fast after 12 hours before store opening. By 2pm, it's like a flood of people who all thought 10 hours before store opening would be enough. It depends on how badly you want that console.

Are there any good game sales next week for Wii U games? I'm not looking to pick up a whole lot but if there are sales that may change my tune. So far I'm looking into Mario and Scribblenaughts which I already picked up. I wouldn't mind picking up Epic Micky and ZombieU.

[quote name='gordojones88']Yes, the line fills up really fast after 12 hours before store opening. By 2pm, it's like a flood of people who all thought 10 hours before store opening would be enough. It depends on how badly you want that console.[/QUOTE]

This really depends on where you live though, I stood in line maybe around 8pm-9pm the night before and all the allotted units weren't called for until maybe around an hour before the store opened.

This time around may be a lot different since more retailers offered pre-orders but if you really want it does pay if you show up early to stand in line. For anybody to cry foul especially this time of the year should really know better. I wish everybody the best of luck though!!!

Talked to the manager of the GS that I frequent often and asked him how many Wii U's he got in...he told me 6 deluxe and no regulars yet.

Not sure if this is already known but as a heads up guys I have more information on the Deluxe Digital Promotion. If you buy a 59.99 game from the eshop you get 10% back so you get 599 points. For every 500 points you get $5 back. The program won't be launching until December. Owners of the basic set do not qualify for this offer. More information at http://ddp.nintendo.com/

Fudge, I was thinking of downloading NSMBU to try it out. I guess I will have to wait till December and try it then on something else. Not waiting that long for Mario.

EDIT: NM, it says the website won't be up and running till December, but it does state that " You will automatically earn points on any digital purchases you make on or after November 18th".

So I might get NSMBU on download on launch day after all. But that B1G1 40 percent off all Wii U games at Toys R Us is mighty tempting on launch day as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went into my Best Buy yesterday just to ask a few questions about the launch Sunday morning, and the guy pretty much said that if you didn't pre-order one, you aren't getting it Sunday. Hopefully it's a smooth launch up there... That's all I can hope for. Wii U!!!!

Thanks to the 57 year old gamer who make this 36 year old gamer feel better about himself tonight lol. With a 3 1/2 year old that already will finish all his dinner to play "Mario time" on a N64 lol Trying to think the last time I bought something like this for myself... Hmmm 2006 Wii lol

[quote name='skiizim']Hey, who's excited for Breaking Dawn II?!? Bah...Not me, the wife is dragging me to it tonight or tomorrow and I won't even enjoy it because I will just be thinking about Sunday?[/QUOTE]

Team Buffy FTW!!!

Hey this 57 year old gamer will be playing with his 19 year old son when he comes home from KU for his Turkey Day break.

I forgot to mention more kudos to this site for getting Zombie U and NSMBU from Newegg with a $12 discount and free shipping.

[quote name='djricekcn']yeah, BB sent me an email to saying SHIPMENT DATE UPDAED and it shows december on that too...balony....fffffff[/QUOTE]

When did you order and was it Deluxe or Regular?

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']sunday morning. walmart never opens stores that are not 24/7 for releases[/QUOTE]
I have been assured by a few different employees that our Walmart will for sure be opening at midnight for the Wii U. I guess I'll have to actually get ahold of the manager to be completely certain.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Has there been any confirmation that the U Draw or the Wii music peripherals will be compatible with the Wii U? I don't see why not, but it seems like weird shit happens with stuff like that sometimes.[/QUOTE]
I can't imagine why they wouldn't, especially the U Draw tablet. But I guess we'll know for sure this weekend.

[quote name='spmahn']Sorry, I should have been clear, the TRU circular has Wii U consoles advertised as available very clearly displayed on page one, with no indication of limited quantities outside of the standard disclaimer they print in every ad.[/QUOTE]
So? Last time they advertised a deal I really wanted, I ran over to TRU and they told me that the item hadn't been in stock for months. These ads aren't region-specific, nor are they indicative of any amount of stock.

[quote name='Deader2818']Somewhat pointless to get the console early since the good games arent out till sunday and you can't even apply the update till sunday.[/QUOTE]
Plenty of good games have come out. I already picked mine up.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Same time Amazon did.[/QUOTE]
Har har, I almost didn't get it.

Most Target stores will have 6-8 of the Deluxe consoles .. At least in the OKC area. Super Targets *should* receive more, but it's not guaranteed. I have two in my area. One is slated to get 14 deluxe consoles, the other is getting only 2. Weird.

So if your Target sold out of preorder cards (which most of my local stores only got 5 cards per bundle type), 1-2 of you may have a shot at getting one.

I'm working Sunday morning, so I'm having a friend of mine pick mine up for me since I'm not 100% confident in the Target store I preordered with being competent enough to put the preordered ones aside.

[quote name='confoosious']Do you have any idea what you're talking about?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I'll dumb it down for you. GameStop(small, niche) therefore small allocations. Talked to the manager at Polaris mall today(big mall) getting 9 and 8(8gbs) all pre paid.
That does not mean the system will be hard to get at launch. It may be. But that's not a good sample. Now Walmart gets 9 of each? That's a shortage(they're getting closer to 50+)
I want there to be a shortage because I'm getting two. Nobody will know till Tuesday-Wednesday next week what will happen.

[quote name='GBH']Played Rayman demo today and all i gotta say is Pii U.[/QUOTE]

You've already posted that 'joke' in this thread. It wasn't funny the first time either. :lol:

[quote name='GBH']Played Rayman demo today and all i gotta say is Pii U.[/QUOTE]

That Rayman demo looks great.

Rigby "Haters gonna hate"!

[quote name='raptor3076']When did you order and was it Deluxe or Regular?[/QUOTE]

9/14/12

Delux Edition

same with Mario, it was a separate order but it got delayed to december as well

with few things edited, this is the email i got

BESTBUY.COM Order number:
QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION STATUS
1 Super Mario Bros. U - Nintendo Wii U

Expected to arrive between
11/30/2012 - 12/07/2012

Gaystop is a niche company, it sells to only the mentally retarded. Pii U is the joke of the year, I don't know what your talking about.

[quote name='GBH']Gaystop is a niche company, it sells to only the mentally retarded. Pii U is the joke of the year, I don't know what your talking about.[/QUOTE]

Stay in school kids.

[quote name='tcbys']Old bad joke is Old.[/QUOTE]
Above post.
Sad thing is people reading this whole thread.:bouncy: Cag gets worse by the minute.:cry::whistle2:#:wall::nottalking::whistle2:k:puke: Pii U!!!:lol:

Someone is taking a break until a few days after the Wii U is released so this preorder thread stops getting derailed.

[quote name='io']Someone is taking a break until a few days after the Wii U is released so this preorder thread stops getting derailed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sonny :)

BestBuy.com switched my Deluxe to Preparing for Shipment. Guess it'll probably go out tomorrow with next day being Monday.

Sorry to hear about the ones getting delayed. I ordered within 20 minutes of Best Buy going live back on Sept 13th, if that matters.

W00t!!! Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days.

Processing to ship at Best Buy. My order status was at pending a few hours ago. I hope it ships out today and I get it Monday!

[quote name='djricekcn'];( so jelly of you guys...mine got pushed back. arggg[/QUOTE]

doubt you are in houston but I have an extra one pre ordered at a BB

[quote name='SEH']Gamestop is hardly a small, niche company.[/QUOTE]

They may be niche but they are certainly not small. This Jedi guy is really starting to bug me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back