Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DeathBringer']Too much off topic discussion in this thread[/QUOTE]

With just 36 hours to go, there's not a whole lot of WiiUes left to preorder.

The BestBuy I work at is getting 22 Wii U consoles total. 16 Deluxe and 6 Basic models. We only had about 5-6 pre-orders though since they cut them off pretty quickly. And only 2 of those pre-orders were from employees.

[quote name='neworleans7']The BestBuy I work at is getting 22 Wii U consoles total. 16 Deluxe and 6 Basic models. We only had about 5-6 pre-orders though since they cut them off pretty quickly. And only 2 of those pre-orders were from employees.[/QUOTE]Do you happen to know anything about preorders that were done online for instore pickup? I'm guessing those are coming in another shipment that is separate from the instore inventory?

[quote name='slappynutz']BestBuy.com switched my Deluxe to Preparing for Shipment. Guess it'll probably go out tomorrow with next day being Monday.

Sorry to hear about the ones getting delayed. I ordered within 20 minutes of Best Buy going live back on Sept 13th, if that matters.[/QUOTE]

Me too!! Woo hoo. Now there is a Wii U literally with my name on it :D

Don't know if this helps anyone but I just got off the phone with my Walmart manager. He informed me that all the layaway Wii Us have been placed aside for preorders and the allotment which wasn't preordered will be placed on the floor for selling. No midnight opening for layaway though. Pickup is Sunday from 9 to 9. His was in Ft Lauderdale, FL.

Was anyone else dumb awesome enough to order from TrU online? If so have you heard anything? Wondering if I'm going to actually get one or not. No pending charges or anything and it still allows me to cancel my order.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']W00t!!! Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days.

Processing to ship at Best Buy. My order status was at pending a few hours ago. I hope it ships out today and I get it Monday![/QUOTE]

Another one for the stack. Very happy BB is actually shipping my system after the debacle with my in-store pickup order. (fraud alert on card triggered, BB gave me ONE HOUR on a Saturday morning to resolve it, needless to say, it all happened before I even woke up)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Was anyone else dumb awesome enough to order from TrU online? If so have you heard anything? Wondering if I'm going to actually get one or not. No pending charges or anything and it still allows me to cancel my order.[/QUOTE]

I was dumb enough... now i am worried:cry:

i work at walmart, went to work last night and some dummies put out CODBOps 2 , Zombiu, pro controllers gamepad stand/cradle and the microphone, i had to quickly pull them from the shelf. but they are at walmart and werent vary many of them.

I ordered from TRU too. I'm not going to get worried till Monday. So I hope it all goes well. I did standard ship so even if they do ship it I won't get it until most likely the first week of December. O well at least I can stare at my copy of Zombie U and SMBU until then.:oldman:

Just received my cancellation from KMart from Sept. 15. Said they could not verify my information. Oh lord, I feel bad for the people that have to deal with me today.

If I buy the Pro controller am I going to be able to just play Super Mario Bros. U with that? I am having a difficult time find this information.

[quote name='GTuck']If I buy the Pro controller am I going to be able to just play Super Mario Bros. U with that? I am having a difficult time find this information.[/QUOTE]
no, it supports wiimote, wii motion plus(those wii motes with it in.. just what it says on the back on the box :drool:), and gamepad only, sorry.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']sunday morning. walmart never opens stores that are not 24/7 for releases[/QUOTE]
See the Wal-mart memo posted earlier in this thread. There are specific instructions for non-24 hour Wal-marts on how to do midnight releases if they want to.

Did anyone else order online with Target? My order still says it hasn't shipped, but expected delivery is Monday (paid for Premium). Getting a litle nervous..

[quote name='neworleans7']The BestBuy I work at is getting 22 Wii U consoles total. 16 Deluxe and 6 Basic models. We only had about 5-6 pre-orders though since they cut them off pretty quickly. And only 2 of those pre-orders were from employees.[/QUOTE]

My best buy is pretty similar.

12 deluxe, 8 basic.

Not sure on number of pre orders.

[quote name='anthroskull']i work at walmart, went to work last night and some dummies put out CODBOps 2 , Zombiu, pro controllers gamepad stand/cradle and the microphone, i had to quickly pull them from the shelf. but they are at walmart and werent vary many of them.[/QUOTE]

The dummy is actually you because some of that has already officially released.

[quote name='SEH']Gamestop is hardly a small, niche company.[/QUOTE]

As far as the stock that they carry, yes, they are. They are a minimalist company, unlike Walmart which orders 120+ copies of Halo 4 and 400+ PS3/360 copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 PER STORE.

[quote name='anthroskull']i work at walmart, went to work last night and some dummies put out CODBOps 2 , Zombiu, pro controllers gamepad stand/cradle and the microphone, i had to quickly pull them from the shelf. but they are at walmart and werent vary many of them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Sgt. Retail

[quote name='Corvin']Just got a shipping notice for NSMBU but not the system from WalMart. :( Sitting the the Nov. 21-26 expected delivery range.[/QUOTE]
Me too except it was Zombie U o and they will ship it soon because they can't charge until the main unit ships. Notice the zero charge for the game in the email?

[quote name='tightclaws']Me too except it was Zombie U o and they will ship it soon because they can't charge until the main unit ships. Notice the zero charge for the game in the email?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='honzoh']Did anyone else order online with Target? My order still says it hasn't shipped, but expected delivery is Monday (paid for Premium). Getting a litle nervous..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Hopefully they ship today. I really don't know why there was an option of Sunday delivery? Even on the bundle they sold yesterday it had the same choices of Sunday, Monday or later in the week as delivery dates. One good thing if it does not arrive Monday then they will refund the shipping charge,assuming it ships at all.

[quote name='sensuitomo']no, it supports wiimote, wii motion plus(those wii motes with it in.. just what it says on the back on the box :drool:), and gamepad only, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Presumably this is because the game has some motion control bits, like tilting platforms and such. Though I don't understand why they didn't include motion sensing in the Pro controller too to avoid confusion if nothing else.

I hope my BestBuy.com order goes to Preparing for Shipment today like some of you other guys. Though, those that mentioned it said they were having it shipped to their homes. I chose to Pick-up in store.

[quote name='sensuitomo']no, it supports wiimote, wii motion plus(those wii motes with it in.. just what it says on the back on the box :drool:), and gamepad only, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I was really hoping to play with a normal shaped controller. I guess the gamepad will be better than a Wii remote. Thanks.

[quote name='gordojones88']With just 36 hours to go, there's not a whole lot of WiiUes left to preorder.[/QUOTE]

Woot!!! launch time is now in the Hrs not xx days. So Excited!!:bouncy::bouncy:

I ordered on 9/14 through BB.com and my Wiiu has changed to preparing order. NSMB is still in payment validated.

BTW - Ordered a Deluxe.

"XXX.com didn't charge my account! I didn't get a shipping confirmation! WAAAH"

These posts are annoying. Learn to buy something IN A STORE, kthxbai.

Any cag's in NYC going to the launch party at nintendo world?

I was on the fence about the WII U, so no pre-order for me.

Hoping to snag one at the launch party.

I went to the one at toysrus for the WII and it was pretty fun event.

[quote name='druggie218']Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Hopefully they ship today. I really don't know why there was an option of Sunday delivery? Even on the bundle they sold yesterday it had the same choices of Sunday, Monday or later in the week as delivery dates. One good thing if it does not arrive Monday then they will refund the shipping charge,assuming it ships at all.[/QUOTE]

Someone over at SD said there's had been updated to preparing to ship, or something like that. Still nervous..

[quote name='portnoyd']Another one for the stack. Very happy BB is actually shipping my system after the debacle with my in-store pickup order. (fraud alert on card triggered, BB gave me ONE HOUR on a Saturday morning to resolve it, needless to say, it all happened before I even woke up)[/QUOTE]

I got one of those fraud alert on my credit too, and Target just straight out canceled my order. They also won't let me re-instate the order with a different card.

On the positive side, Bestbuy just shipped my Wii U. :D

I have pre-ordered and selected in-store pick up. It still is listed as processing and payment confirmed. I assume they pull the wii-u from the store allotment instead of shipping it to the store. Is this true? Or do they acutally ship to the store for in-store pick up? I have read conflicting information.

hoping for TRU zombie-u and Mario deal on Sunday!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nintendonly']"XXX.com didn't charge my account! I didn't get a shipping confirmation! WAAAH"

These posts are annoying. Learn to buy something IN A STORE, kthxbai.[/QUOTE]

Ignorant post of the day goes to....

My Walmart.com order is still processing with an estimated date of Tuesday through Friday next week. I'm glad i did an in-store pre-order as well.

My games from Newegg are still "pending pre-order"

Unless it's changed since I worked retail non of that stuff is usually street dated. Stores will hold them back just because, but usually not because they have to. Usually the only items that have hard street dates on new system releases are the systems, first party games and official accessories.

I remember when the Gamecube came out the games I wanted and an extra controller before the system came out.

Was there only HDMI cables in the box? What port in the back of the WiiU does this plug into and is it the same as the original Wii? I ask because I want to hook this up to an old giant CRT TV in the game room. Wii hooked up to is just fine, but if I need an adaptor or something for WiiU I want to have it on day one also.

Thanks.

[quote name='urbanstar1']Well I just set up the Wii U and it was fairly straightforward, hdmi and power obviously, as well as a cord to the charging cradle and the ever tangled Wii sensor bar. After the Wii U splash screen the user is asked to sync the gamepad to the console which was a breeze, although one hassle is that the sync button on the back of the gamepad is a bit recessed so I actually had to use a pin in order for it to be depressed.

The dash screen is very similar to that of the Wii as well as the 3ds. Interestingly, it appears on the gamepad initially rather than on ones television screen, your Mii is busy looking about on your television, these images can be toggled between the gamepad and the television.

I played a few minutes of Nintendoland and my first impression is that it is truly a showcase about the Wii U and its capabilities. I hope to play a bit more to see if it is truly a glorified demo/showcase game or if it holds up as a full fledged experience in its own right.

I detest this as well hence why I use a cord management system in an effort to hide, at least to an extent, the cordy wilderness that all gamers are faced with. I had to undo that system in order to hook up the Wii U; although by tomorrow the wild shall be tamed again![/QUOTE]

Man, I think the wife is coming around to letting me pick this up after some careful fiscal negotiating..(I get paid every week, and budget every month based on four Fridays, and since this month has 5, thats always like extra money) Didn't think I even wanted this, but after reading about everything, it does sound truly unique and awesome. Plus since I'm out of space in my media room for consoles, this would be the first to go downstairs on our 52" TV and I think it would allow the family to better enjoy it.

Sounds like I have a chance if I show up at Best Buy on Sunday, but I was told I couldn't wait in line. With what people are saying about how many pre-orders per units received, I may stand a chance. Fingers crossed! or it will be a mad dash all over town. Wonder if Target is a viable option. Only going tof the Deluxe or bust!

[quote name='omyard']Unless it's changed since I worked retail non of that stuff is usually street dated. Stores will hold them back just because, but usually not because they have to. Usually the only items that have hard street dates on new system releases are the systems, first party games and official accessories.

I remember when the Gamecube came out the games I wanted and an extra controller before the system came out.[/QUOTE]

Oh its street dated, i tried running it throu the registers and it wouldnt sell, plus all the sites say the 18th. so yea i did the right thing because i know if a nintendo rep happpens to come into the store and seen that my ass would have been in trouble since i was on shift when it was on the shelf, i rather not have someone lose there job or store get fined for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back