Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='therealdanhill']So, nobody who ordered from KMart yesterday has gotten a confirmation email? I called and the guy said he would send it, and it still isn't there.[/QUOTE]

Nope, haven't heard shit from them.

[quote name='anthroskull']Oh its street dated, i tried running it throu the registers and it wouldnt sell, plus all the sites say the 18th. so yea i did the right thing because i know if a nintendo rep happpens to come into the store and seen that my ass would have been in trouble since i was on shift when it was on the shelf, i rather not have someone lose there job or store get fined for it.[/QUOTE]

Meh, maybe at Walmart. Gamestop and even Bestbuy has definitely started putting out merchandise early (not systems).

[quote name='aznxsa2587']
On the positive side, Bestbuy just shipped my Wii U. :D[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped too! Looks like everyone who ordered online at BestBuy made the right choice. After the AmEx $20 off $300 and eBates cash back I will have paid less than retail for this and got it with no hassle at all!

[quote name='mBucket']I wonder if Target will do that. I have a pre-order reservation card but I don't know what to expect come Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]My target handed out tickets for the Wii outside in the cold an hour before opening. Then all 80+ of us walked single file to the electronics section and there were a dozen employees walking people through the game aisle picking out extras.

It's a little tempting to try to get a Wii U out of Wal-Mart since I have preorder there. I'll try on the first chance I get later on.

[quote name='_m_']It's a little tempting to try to get a Wii U out of Wal-Mart since I have preorder there. I'll try on the first chance I get later on.[/QUOTE]

I am definitely going after work. No harm in trying if it isn't out of the way

The Wal Mart in Leicester MA says they are doing a midnight release sort of deal, where they are going to close out the registers at 12:30 instead of 11, and have a few people working as they are not a 24 hour Wal Mart. The guy said that I was like the 5th person to ask and they don't expect to sell out that night. He was joking that nobody really knows about it, they set up the Wii U games and accessories and people didn't know it was a new thing lol.

Just throwing it out there in case it helps anyone. I'll be there if my KMart order don't go through. If I get any info from them I'll make a post.

[quote name='therealdanhill']The Wal Mart in Leicester MA says they are doing a midnight release sort of deal, where they are going to close out the registers at 12:30 instead of 11, and have a few people working as they are not a 24 hour Wal Mart. The guy said that I was like the 5th person to ask and they don't expect to sell out that night. He was joking that nobody really knows about it, they set up the Wii U games and accessories and people didn't know it was a new thing lol.

Just throwing it out there in case it helps anyone. I'll be there if my KMart order don't go through. If I get any info from them I'll make a post.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna print out my order page from the KMart website and stop by the Kmart that the pickup is supposed to be at and feel things out. If the employees seem clueless as hell I may try to do Wal-Mart at midnight, but if the order is showing up in the computer and it looks like they're competent enough to honor it, I'll just pick it up Sunday morning at KMart.

[quote name='dragonjud']Meh, maybe at Walmart. Gamestop and even Bestbuy has definitely started putting out merchandise early (not systems).[/QUOTE]

My best buy had the pro controller out but the system wouldn't let them sell it. I made buddies with the electronics guy and he said he would save me one just in case.

Just got the shipping email from Best Buy. Tracking info too soon to get, but I believe my 3DS arrived either on Monday or Tuesday after it's Sunday release.

For those that didn't get a kmart confirm e-mail here is the deal:

The confirmation e-mail only comes to you if there is 'confirmed' stock in the store, I know, it sounds crazy, but that is what I was told by the store manager/CS today. Chances are that the orders will 'not' get filled, but they said to leave it open and let the system do its thing and that it may/may not process based upon the shipments they receive today. My store hadn't even received it's Wii U's as of 11am this morning but expects that they will show up on the truck today. I'm not holding my breathe, but the store manager told me to keep the order open and cross my fingers hah

Gamestop released the hold on funds for my online order. Spooked me but I logged on and my order is still there in Open status.

[quote name='vtswordfish']For those that didn't get a kmart confirm e-mail here is the deal:

The confirmation e-mail only comes to you if there is 'confirmed' stock in the store, I know, it sounds crazy, but that is what I was told by the store manager/CS today. Chances are that the orders will 'not' get filled, but they said to leave it open and let the system do its thing and that it may/may not process based upon the shipments they receive today. My store hadn't even received it's Wii U's as of 11am this morning but expects that they will show up on the truck today. I'm not holding my breathe, but the store manager told me to keep the order open and cross my fingers hah[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll be going to Target and then Sam's Club (8am then 10am) Sunday morning. Sam's Club didn't take pre-orders, so I am hoping that they'll have some. Does anyone have any thoughts about that strategy?

Yeah I'm going to formulate a plan B in case this kmart thing falls through, sounds like it might. Gotta make some calls today to figure out what the most likely places to wait in line are, thinking Best Buy though.

I went to the Target I got the pre-order card at and asked the guy if they separated the pre orders from the non pre orders. he said they already had them and they are in separate piles. I have never had a problem with Target and I shop there for pretty much everything so I have my hopes up to get one Sunday. He said the store I ordered it at only had 5 people waiting for COD BLOPS2 and he was surprised and wasn't sure how many people would camp out for a wii- u. the store is kind of in the north most surrounding area of St Louis. Hoping for good results!

[quote name='maximumzero']I'm gonna print out my order page from the KMart website and stop by the Kmart that the pickup is supposed to be at and feel things out. If the employees seem clueless as hell I may try to do Wal-Mart at midnight, but if the order is showing up in the computer and it looks like they're competent enough to honor it, I'll just pick it up Sunday morning at KMart.[/QUOTE]
Good idea! I'd def do that if the store wasn't 45 minutes away lol. Their customer service is terrible. Like, nobody you talk to is willing to (or in a position to) help out in any way beyond telling you what you already know. The kicker for me, was when I called to rectify my cancelled order, at the end of the call the lady asked if there was anything else I would like to order today from KMart lol. I was very polite, I told her I knew she had to say that because of her script, I've done call center work before. It did get a hell of a rise out of me though, in the moment. Really wanted to blow my top.

[quote name='pjarvi']Gamestop released the hold on funds for my online order. Spooked me but I logged on and my order is still there in Open status.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Definitely a moment of panic when i saw the charge gone from my bank account. Hopefully we will start seeing some updates soon. I dont think I've ever been so eager to have money taken out of my account haha!

Yeah I was dreading calling KMart, figured they'd have no idea what I was even talking about, but they were actually pretty competent and the manager was willing to try and help. She told me to call them back after 5pm today and she could give me a rundown on what to expect and such.

[quote name='vtswordfish']For those that didn't get a kmart confirm e-mail here is the deal:

The confirmation e-mail only comes to you if there is 'confirmed' stock in the store, I know, it sounds crazy, but that is what I was told by the store manager/CS today. Chances are that the orders will 'not' get filled, but they said to leave it open and let the system do its thing and that it may/may not process based upon the shipments they receive today. My store hadn't even received it's Wii U's as of 11am this morning but expects that they will show up on the truck today. I'm not holding my breathe, but the store manager told me to keep the order open and cross my fingers hah[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, I suppose that makes sense. I wonder though, how long are they going to hold on to my money? Like, until Sunday, or until the order is able to be filled, whenever that may be. If I can get it at midnight at Wal Mart, I'd rather have my money back if they are not going to be able to fufill my order, you know?

Add me to the list of people who preordered at Best Buy for store pick up and am still at the "Payment Verified" step. I suspect we won't move past that until Sunday when we are able to walk in and pick it up.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Thanks for the info, I suppose that makes sense. I wonder though, how long are they going to hold on to my money? Like, until Sunday, or until the order is able to be filled, whenever that may be. If I can get it at midnight at Wal Mart, I'd rather have my money back if they are not going to be able to fufill my order, you know?[/QUOTE]

Did you use paypal? I used a credit card and so far they've only taken the $1 pre-auth on mine which is nice so that those funds aren't tied up.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Did you use paypal? I used a credit card and so far they've only taken the $1 pre-auth on mine which is nice so that those funds aren't tied up.[/QUOTE]Yes, I did. I had the exact amount in my PP, now it is showing as I have zero dollars and the payment sent to KMart is processing. I'd even cancel it if I could, but I don't think they allow that.

Wife would be very pissed if I had to use the credit card to grab one from Wal Mart while I have one processing from KMart, but that's how these things go, and damned if there isn't an easy way to explain this to someone who isn't "in the loop" like we tend to be on here.

Well, just got this email from TRU:

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for shopping at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us!

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Black Deluxe Set Hardwar pre-order which was expected in-store on November 18th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup.

I wonder if that means that my store hasn't gotten any yet or that they don't have enough for all the preorders. Glad I have a preorder at Target as well.

[quote name='mpaullin']Add me to the list of people who preordered at Best Buy for store pick up and am still at the "Payment Verified" step.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Newegg now has the pro controller with a release date of 12/31/2012. This would really suck for all of us that pre-ordered with the $12 off if true.

Michelle: I have re-sent the order confirmation email to your email address at ****@gmail.com.
brad: Thanks. How long should it be before I receive it?
brad: I've read that, since the item I ordered is for pickup in-store, the store itself will need to confirm inventory before the email would be able to even be sent. Is that true?
Michelle: You are welcome.
Michelle: Yes, you are correct.
brad: Would you recommend that I call the local store to confirm? What information would they likely need from me so that I can make an efficient request from them?
Michelle: Brad, I see that your order in waiting for approval, so not to worry.
Michelle: As soon as the order is approved and processed, you will receive the ready for pick up email from the store and you can contact the store and go pick up your item.
Michelle (kmart customer service) and I had the above conversation with regard to my preorder. I contacted her since I haven't receive my email.

[quote name='Rockym']Well, just got this email from TRU:

Dear Valued Guest,

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Black Deluxe Set Hardwar pre-order which was expected in-store on November 18th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup.

I wonder if that means that my store hasn't gotten any yet or that they don't have enough for all the preorders. Glad I have a preorder at Target as well.[/QUOTE]

Just got this email as well and was going to come in here to post it. Hoping this is just standard protocol on preorders and the Wii U systems aren't actually coming in until tomorrow to make sure to avoid any being sold early. Does anyone who works in any stores that are getting the Wii U know if they have come in yet.

[quote name='bossman']Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Newegg now has the pro controller with a release date of 12/31/2012. This would really suck for all of us that pre-ordered with the $12 off if true.[/QUOTE]

I just realized that to yesterday, Ill give em till Black Friday to ship it. If not ill just cancel with Newegg.

Dear Valued Guest,

I wonder if that means that my store hasn't gotten any yet or that they don't have enough for all the preorders. Glad I have a preorder at Target as well.[/QUOTE]

I just got the same email from TRU.

Dear Valued Guest,

Got the same thing

TVii functionality won't be coming to the Wii U until December 2012, Nintendo confirms in a morning press release. The same goes for video on demand services like Netflix and Hulu. That is sad it's one of the bigger things they trying to push with the system and was hoping it would be ready for sunday.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Yes, I did. I had the exact amount in my PP, now it is showing as I have zero dollars and the payment sent to KMart is processing. I'd even cancel it if I could, but I don't think they allow that.

Wife would be very pissed if I had to use the credit card to grab one from Wal Mart while I have one processing from KMart, but that's how these things go, and damned if there isn't an easy way to explain this to someone who isn't "in the loop" like we tend to be on here.[/QUOTE]

Try calling PayPal to see if they can void the transaction, if that's what you wanted. PayPal CS can be pretty helpful at times.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']TVii functionality won't be coming to the Wii U until December 2012, Nintendo confirms in a morning press release. The same goes for video on demand services like Netflix and Hulu. That is sad it's one of the bigger things they trying to push with the system and was hoping it would be ready for sunday.[/QUOTE]

It's not like December 2012 is far away.
At this point what doesnt have netflix on it?

After playing a bit more of Nintendoland it really strikes me as a bit like the Wario Ware Smooth Moves mini game compilation, but it does feel a bit more full fledged then a demo disc; the Metroid attraction is especially fun! Ninja Castle is also enjoyable, oddly enough it felt like duck hunt, in which you have to hold the gamepad length wise and flick throwing stars at ninjas; the game was fun but holding the controller in that position made it feel a bit unwieldy after sometime.

What has surprised me the most is the ping ponging of sound from the television to the gamepad, certain sound effects and musical notes are repeated from one another. This has the effect of bringing cohesiveness to the entire experience by tying the small screen experience to the larger screen.

The system update is not currently available so I don't have access to the eshop or any of the streaming services. Interestingly, it has been reported that those services along with Tvii have been pushed back a month http://kotaku.com/5961163/uh+oh-nintendo-tvii-now-planned-for-december but my console came preloaded with all those services already. I have an icon for amazon video on demand, youtube, hulu plus and netflix.

[quote name='crunchewy']Presumably this is because the game has some motion control bits, like tilting platforms and such. Though I don't understand why they didn't include motion sensing in the Pro controller too to avoid confusion if nothing else.[/QUOTE]

yeah seems like they were and are pushing pro controller hard and not being able to use it on mario is a head scratcher

Thanks everyone for the information about Kmart, good to know people know what's going on. I detest Kmart so it sucks I have to go there, but if it nets me a WiiU then I'll only hate Kmart a little.

[quote name='maximumzero']If I knew for certain my KMart order was falling through I'd jump on this.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I want to order this so bad, but I'm in the same boat as you.

[quote name='TheHammerGod']Argh, I just got an email that my Toys R Us preorder has been delayed. Damn it all.[/QUOTE]

Did it say delay... or they havent gotten in in yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back