Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen much talk lately about Best Buy in-store pre-orders. Any new news on how they are going to handle it? Hopefully they will set aside the pre-orders at the CS desk like they do the games. We all know sometimes that doesn't even happen.

[quote name='klimb22']I haven't seen much talk lately about Best Buy in-store pre-orders. Any new news on how they are going to handle it? Hopefully they will set aside the pre-orders at the CS desk like they do the games. We all know sometimes that doesn't even happen.[/QUOTE]

I called my Best Buy and they assured me that my name would be put on the system right away and kept in the back. I'll have a week to come pick it up.

Don't know if it's in a thread already but Toys R Us is taking 20% off of purchases of $125 or more. Currently includes Wii U preorders, though the text of the offer isn't consistent. (says baby purchases, and excludes preorders) However, I just checked out and it worked. Shipping is also free.

Sorry deal seems dead now perhaps I was the only one to get in...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maximumzero']Why're you giving up so easily?[/QUOTE]
Well, I mean I have already had one order cancelled from them before, even after calling every week to make sure it was fine, just in the past 2 days I've talked to CS like 5 times, I've been posting in their help forum, I've contacted Paypal several times, escalations and everything, there is literally nothing else I can do at this point, beyond taking an employee hostage with a gun to their head making them give me a definitive answer or else they die.

If the order doesn't get cancelled, whatever, then I'll get it from them, but what more can I do, you know? I'm totally at their mercy. Can't cancel the order, can't get any info on if I'll get it or not. Beyond my family and I never shopping there again, and blogging about their terrible business practices, maybe writing an article for the local paper, what more would ya have me do?

[quote name='waterfront']Don't know if it's in a thread already but Toys R Us is taking 20% off of purchases of $125 or more. Currently includes Wii U preorders, though the text of the offer isn't consistent. (says baby purchases, and excludes preorders) However, I just checked out and it worked. Shipping is also free.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I already pre-ordered from there. I wonder if I contact CS if they'll apply 20% off to my order.

[quote name='wiired']Are the target orders shipping out today?[/QUOTE]

I received a pending charge from them yesterday. My order was from the 8th. Still says 'not shipped yet.'

The fact that the deluxe edition is now BACK IN STOCK on their website, and that my order hasn't shipped, leaves me little confidence in Target.com.

[quote name='waterfront']Don't know if it's in a thread already but Toys R Us is taking 20% off of purchases of $125 or more. Currently includes Wii U preorders, though the text of the offer isn't consistent. (says baby purchases, and excludes preorders) However, I just checked out and it worked. Shipping is also free.[/QUOTE]I can't even find the page to add the system to my cart.

I work at Target and we were told we were only getting 5 of each. So that's all the preorder slips we got. Our Wii Us came in yesterday and we have 7 of each. Maybe it's like that for other stores as well. So if you are willing to wait outside for one, you may have a chance incase you missed the preorder

well I just bought the deluxe , payed for express shipping.

Says expected delivery sunday. Somehow I doubt this, but it was only $30 bucks.

If it doesnt confirm by tommorow, ill prob make the journey to the nintendo store.

[quote name='Mr_Durrp']I work at Target and we were told we were only getting 5 of each. So that's all the preorder slips we got. Our Wii Us came in yesterday and we have 7 of each. Maybe it's like that for other stores as well. So if you are willing to wait outside for one, you may have a chance incase you missed the preorder[/QUOTE]

Is any of that considered customer service stock for possible defective returns?

[quote name='waterfront']Don't know if it's in a thread already but Toys R Us is taking 20% off of purchases of $125 or more. Currently includes Wii U preorders, though the text of the offer isn't consistent. (says baby purchases, and excludes preorders) However, I just checked out and it worked. Shipping is also free.

Sorry deal seems dead now perhaps I was the only one to get in...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, are you talking about games or the console?

[quote name='maximumzero']So I applied for a Red Card...are they supposed to e-mail me a card # I can use?[/QUOTE]

You should have gotten a scannable barcode on your receipt for the card (Your temporary card). Also, it's possible the temporary card may not let you make a large purchase like that for security reasons. You can try though.

Well thankfully I just got an email from gamestop.com saying my preorder there shipped. That's my most important preorder since its going to my niece in SC for Christmas. Gotta call my brother, so he can intercept the delivery and hide it lol.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']Is any of that considered customer service stock for possible defective returns?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, they are not. For sale to anyone. First come first serve as usual.

I just made it back in too work. Just paid mine off in full at Gamestop. Came up to be 375 which is not too bad. I will pick mine up Monday sometimes. I was literally the 8th person to reserve at the store I went too. I gave my old Wii to my step daughters so now I will have to buy all that stuff over again, controllers and all that junk.

[quote name='Serpentor']Sorry, are you talking about games or the console?[/QUOTE]

My bad, I was talking about games and accessories, it might have been a very small window but I was able to buy SMBU and a Pro Controller for 20% off. I usually just lurk but thought it would be of interest.

No delayed email from TrU yet for me though nothing has changed either (no pending charges, can still cancel the order). When did everyone order from TrU? Mine was September 15th.

I finally made the trip to Gamestop last night to get on the wait list. I know the first post says the list is closed, but I e-mailed Gamestop.com and was assured the list was still open. I called the Gamestop first to see how many people were on the list. I was told there was only nine for the Deluxe.

Now, when I first got there I was told by the manager that the list was closed. I explained to him the e-mail to Gamestop.com and he attempted to add me to the list. He stated it would not let him, but he asked another employee (who was there from another store in town) about the list. Guy #2 came to the register and after a few seconds I am now on the list, I assume as 10th for the Deluxe.

I am hoping that this location get at least 10 extra for launch, that is not too much to ask for is it? lol

I am really hoping target does not screw all of us that preordered the console only a few weeks ago in order to fulfill these bundle orders today, but have a bad feeling it is going to happen.

This was often the case for ps3 and 360 launches, all the retailers sold online preorders only to cancel more than half of them, then turn around and sell bundles on launch day.

[quote name='ShockandAww']No delayed email from TrU yet for me though nothing has changed either (no pending charges, can still cancel the order). When did everyone order from TrU? Mine was September 15th.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. Pre-ordered on 9/15 as well and nothing. No news is good news I suppose, but I hope to see at least a "processing" status sometime soon.

Just got an email from Gamestop.com that my order shipped. From the tracking # it looks like it was shipped Next Day Air Saver....Saturday delivery? :O

[quote name='maximumzero']So I applied for a Red Card...are they supposed to e-mail me a card # I can use?[/QUOTE]

you will not be able to use the card till you get the card

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']you will not be able to use the card till you get the card[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous, I could have sworn the site "Would you like to use the card now?" and I said yes, and it just dumped me back to the Target homepage with no instructions on how to. :roll:

Videogames aren't worth this headache.

[quote name='wiired']Are the target orders shipping out today?[/QUOTE]
Doesn't look like it... Did a mocked up order and the estimated delivery is next Wednesday (right before Thanksgiving).

Well i think the emails are going to the people who preordered in store from tru. Meaning they prob didn't get them in yet

Best Buy online pre order just shipped. I can lay off the hard liquour now lol

No movement on my Mario Bros preorder though, and now the status says "1 item(s) - Status Not Available"

Guess I can always cancel it and try my luck elsewhere for the game or even off the eshop

Good luck to everyone

[quote name='maximumzero']Ridiculous, I could have sworn the site "Would you like to use the card now?" and I said yes, and it just dumped me back to the Target homepage with no instructions on how to. :roll:

Videogames aren't worth this headache.[/QUOTE]

I thought you had to sign up for the card in store? When you do, they give you a temporary receipt you can use in store to get your 5% discount. You have to show your driver's license when you use it. Doesn't work online.

I originally got my red card back in Sept to pre-order a Wii U, but they sold out online before I got it :p Went with Best Buy instead.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']I thought you had to sign up for the card in store? When you do, they give you a temporary receipt you can use in store to get your 5% discount. You have to show your driver's license when you use it. Doesn't work online.

I originally got my red card back in Sept to pre-order a Wii U, but they sold out online before I got it :p Went with Best Buy instead.[/QUOTE]

you can sign up for the target credit card online debit card is only one that has to be done in store

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']al systems are still active on target they must have decent amount of systems[/QUOTE]

Or it's a mistake like Kmart.

[quote name='TheNight']Just got this email as well and was going to come in here to post it. Hoping this is just standard protocol on preorders and the Wii U systems aren't actually coming in until tomorrow to make sure to avoid any being sold early. Does anyone who works in any stores that are getting the Wii U know if they have come in yet.[/QUOTE]

I received the email as well. I went to Walmart for the layaway b/c I was concerned this might happen. I originally was going to not play the Wii U until Christmas b/ I do not think I want to wait. Decisions, decisions...

Well, forget the Target order then. I would be spending almost $30 more for it over my existing Kmart Wii U + NewEgg NSMBW order between tax and shipping and there's no guarantee it'll be here before thanksgiving.

Still hedging my bets on KMart I guess.

I called my local Gamestop and was told by a friendly enough employee that he didn't think there were any plans for a midnight launch at the store because of "lack of hype." I need to call back and talk to the manager, lest my hopes of being surrounded by the Nintendo faithful in the pale moonlight are dashed.

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back