Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Development and censorship

Manhunt 2 entered development in 2004 at Rockstar Games' Vienna studio with a PSP port entering development shortly after at Rockstar Games' Leeds studio.[11] In 2006, Rockstar Vienna was closed by Rockstar and main development of the game was handed to the London studio. A little while later, Rockstar Games' Toronto studio was tasked with developing a Nintendo Wii version.
On June 19, 2007, the game received an ESRB rating of Adults Only, effectively blocking the game from being sold in the US, with the UK ratings board BBFC preventing it from being sold. As a result, Rockstar was forced to censor the game in order to get a Mature rating. In August 2007, Rockstar submitted a censored version of the game to the ESRB and received a Mature rating allowing the game to be sold in the US. This modified version was again rejected by the BBFC;[12] Rockstar won its appeal against this rejection on December 10, 2007,[13] but the BBFC challenged that decision through the courts.[14]
On January 25, 2008, the BBFC won their case in the High Court that the game had been approved for release on a misinterpretation of the law. The VAC, however, approved the game for release a second time on March 14[15] and the game was released on October 31, 2008 in the United Kingdom,[2] a year after the game was released in the US. The original, unedited version remains banned in the UK.[16]
Five voice actors were confirmed to have recorded dialogue for the game. Even though two of them chose to remain anonymous, the third voice actor James Urbaniak publicly announced it on his blog on March 16, 2006, only to remove it days later. Of the other two voice actors said to have recorded dialogue for the game, one of them also recorded dialogue for the original Manhunt, like Urbaniak.[17] A commercial video was also released by Rockstar for the Wii to promote the game more widely.[18]

right from wiki.

[quote name='buster90']I hate Frys's!!! I also preordered at Best Buy in store but no call so far. Is I preordered there in store is BB going to screw over its customers like Frys?[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know how does Best Buy handle in-store console pre-orders? Do I need to show up on Sunday when the store opens?

[quote name='Deader2818']The game was censored on all consoles in order to get an M rating rather than A/O. It had nothing to do with Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

nintendo was one of the companys to put up a fight to make it change. But why are we fighting about this lol the point was about gta 5.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']did you play the pcversion and the wii version. if you did you would know they cut out some of the videos and some of the animations. The ps2 version was out in u.s before other countrys cried about the game in which is why the wii version was cut down compared to the pcversion and nintendo ask rockstar to give them the cut down version. the bad version was never banned in u.s till it launched on the wii[/QUOTE]

I'm not questioning the Wii's extra edit. I'm stating that Manhunt 2 was edited for ALL platforms before release.

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm not questioning the Wii's extra edit. I'm stating that Manhunt 2 was edited for ALL platforms before release.[/QUOTE]

well yes that would be true but wii version was cut even more.

[quote name='kk012']Does anyone know how does Best Buy handle in-store console pre-orders? Do I need to show up on Sunday when the store opens?[/QUOTE]

With this item who really knows, they do pull orders but we have all heard the horror stories. If you absolutely can't make time for this in the morning I suggest you find a way just for your own peace of mind, if not then just hope for the best.

Could you actually provide proof of this? Because there is no mention of it anywhere that the Nintendo version was more toned down.

Game got an A/O rating and Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all do not allow A/O games to be sold on their systems.

i think gta 5 coming to wii u down the road would only help nintendo. Nintendo is 100 percent trying to get so called hardcore gamers awayfrom xbox and ps3 to the wii u and that shows with the controller and the decent big name launch titles. The real test for nintendo is that can they keep getting decent 3rd party support and even get hardcore gamer games JUST on the wii from 3rd party.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']nintendo made rockstar turn down the violence in manhunt 2 where has sony and microsoft said sure no reason to turn down the violence.[/QUOTE]

Just do a teensy tiny bit of research and you'll see that you're wrong. Absolutely wrong.

[quote name='Deader2818']Could you actually provide proof of this? Because there is no mention of it anywhere that the Nintendo version was more toned down.

Game got an A/O rating and Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all do not allow A/O games to be sold on their systems.[/QUOTE]

play the ps2 version ratied M and play the wii version you will see that some videos of killings and what not are gone from wii version. you act like i telling bs out of my behind when i played birth version but for real who gives a junk lol. Plus i was not the only one that said it here.

[quote name='Wikipedia']A method that removed the game's censoring code of the M rated PSP and PS2 version thus restoring parts of the AO state was released by a group of PSP crackers.[42] ESRB commented on this crack stating that it was not Rockstar's fault that this occurred and stuck with the M rating.[43] Later, it was discovered the same method also works on the Wii version of the game.[44]

In September 2007, an uncensored PAL PS2 copy of the game was leaked onto the internet[45] by an employee of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, who was later fired as a result of doing this.[46]

In 2009, a fully uncensored version carrying an AO rating was officially released for PC download from Direct2Drive.[47] However, the game was later removed from the service after Direct2Drive was acquired by Gamefly, due to Gamefly's policy of not carrying AO-rated games.[48][/QUOTE]

Interesting...

[quote name='maximumzero']Just do a teensy tiny bit of research and you'll see that you're wrong. Absolutely wrong.[/QUOTE]

did you play manhunt 2 for ps2 and wii? both were M rated games but at least handfull of videos that had decent info about the killings in the game was cut out on the wii

Hell most things i've read have said the Wii version was actually more violent because you used the motion controls to actually act out the violent acts, lol.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']well yes that would be true but wii version was cut even more.[/QUOTE]
im sad to find that direct drive had offered manhunt 2 the pc Adult version. However gamefly mergred with them and removed it as they dont belive in games rated higher than M. So if you really want it u may have to find it on certain sites... And yes you are right the ps2 versions and psp versions were better than the wii, they were a tad better still watered down but nothing beat the wii, its in my living room and it sucks i wont play manhunt 2 ever again until i get it on pc .

*In other news ive learned a few things from the wii u debockle here:

1. FRY SUCKS, they seem to have cancelled day one preorders and others for no reason.

2. Best buy online sucks- Everthing says payment validated nothing more.

3.-walmart online sucks- havent heard anything.

4. ANd newegg blew it with overstocking the pro controllers.
Feel free to add to this list.,

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']play the ps2 version ratied M and play the wii version you will see that some videos of killings and what not are gone from wii version. you act like i telling bs out of my behind when i played birth version but for real who gives a junk lol. Plus i was not the only one that said it here.[/QUOTE]

first shuffle ware and now birth version, lol.

trust me im not hating nintendo heck i decided to buy a wii u on sunday from my store where i work. Im just was making a point that to think gta 5 will launch on the wii u is just nonsense like someone said it would. Nintendo has never had a dirty nasty game like gta on their systems why? Because they think their system should be family friendly and gta is not family friendly game.

I don't think Nintendo cares as much as you think. Hell, they have games like Assassin's Creed III, Ninja Gaiden and Darksiders II as launch titles.

Some of those kills in ACIII are pretty fucking brutal.

[quote name='Deader2818']first shuffle ware and now birth version, lol.[/QUOTE]

lololol how old are you 2. like you never make typing errors in your life. grow up

[quote name='Deader2818']I don't think Nintendo cares as much as you think. Hell, they have games like Assassin's Creed III, Ninja Gaiden and Darksiders II as launch titles.[/QUOTE]

ac3 is nothing like gta neither is ng and darksiders.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']trust me im not hating nintendo heck i decided to buy a wii u on sunday from my store where i work. Im just was making a point that to think gta 5 will launch on the wii u is just nonsense like someone said it would. Nintendo has never had a dirty nasty game like gta on their systems why? Because they think their system should be family friendly and gta is not family friendly game.[/QUOTE]

They had Manhunt 2 on the Wii and that is much worse than GTA

[quote name='vtswordfish']Difference is titles like GTA5 are the kind of things that will sell the 3rd party support to people that got fed up with the Wii.[/QUOTE]

correct. im sorry but the 3rd partys on launch are out on other systems already and hardcore gamer would have them on those systems

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']ac3 is nothing like gta neither is ng and darksiders.[/QUOTE]

You said they only want family friendly games on their systems. Are those considered family friendly?

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']trust me im not hating nintendo heck i decided to buy a wii u on sunday from my store where i work. Im just was making a point that to think gta 5 will launch on the wii u is just nonsense like someone said it would. Nintendo has never had a dirty nasty game like gta on their systems why? Because they think their system should be family friendly and gta is not family friendly game.[/QUOTE]
Well from what i heard the Dev team doesnt even want to work with the wii u but that could change. COuld they at least make red dead for it? That wasnt to bad vs gta ,

[quote name='kk012']Does anyone know how does Best Buy handle in-store console pre-orders? Do I need to show up on Sunday when the store opens?[/QUOTE]

They should pull orders and set them aside. But you never know. The lady I spoke with at my Best Buy said that I would get an e-mail Sunday morning or possibly Saturday night that my order was ready for pickup. I would think that if you get one of those e-mails, you should be good to go. But still, you never know with Best Buy, especially with this item. It would definitely be best to get there first thing in the morning, when the store opens, if you can.

im only buying wii u for nintendo first party games and 3rd party games only on the wii U. If i want to play games online my system of choice is 360 with the better online community. I'm kind of bummed nintendo did not spend the time and money to make a legit online service and that will not help them when trying ot get people from ps3 or 360.

[quote name='Deader2818']You said they only want family friendly games on their systems. Are those considered family friendly?[/QUOTE]

This. Heck Nintendo is excited about getting Bayonetta 2 as a Wii-U exclusive. I don't see that as family friendly.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']correct. im sorry but the 3rd partys on launch are out on other systems already and hardcore gamer would have them on those systems[/QUOTE]

Yeah agreed, I won't buy games like Call of Duty for Wii-U until I see that the online is viable enough to play on. Not to mention the community will be quite weak for those offerings on day one since not very many systems are out and people already have the game for 360 or PS3.

[quote name='Deader2818']You said they only want family friendly games on their systems. Are those considered family friendly?[/QUOTE]

ac3 is not bad neither is ng

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']did you play manhunt 2 for ps2 and wii? both were M rated games but at least handfull of videos that had decent info about the killings in the game was cut out on the wii[/QUOTE]

Outside of minor interface and control differences the game is identical between the Wii, PS2, and PSP.

The game was censored because the original version of the game was rated AO, a rating that no retailer would sell. Once the game was modified and re-rated at M, retailers would then agree to sell it.

[quote name='Josh5890']This. Heck Nintendo is excited about getting Bayonetta 2 as a Wii-U exclusive. I don't see that as family friendly.[/QUOTE]

it's a way for them to try to take away hardcore gamers from 360 and ps3

[quote name='vtswordfish']Yeah agreed, I won't buy games like Call of Duty for Wii-U until I see that the online is viable enough to play on. Not to mention the community will be quite weak for those offerings on day one since not very many systems are out and people already have the game for 360 or PS3.[/QUOTE]

that's the thing that kind of makes me sad is that nintendo seems like they think they don't need to take the money and time to make a legit online service like psn or live.

[quote name='rckola911']hey guys dont forget to watch Jimmy fallon he has reggie on tonight talking about wii u![/QUOTE]

reggie is great you can tell he loves his job

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']reggie is great you can tell he loves his job[/QUOTE]

who wouldn't love reggie's job?

[quote name='metsfan1545d']why is everyone writing off wii u's online service before anyone even has the console?[/QUOTE]

because it's nintendo and past experience with nintendo

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']ac3 is not bad neither is ng[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden 3 is an M rated video game full of blood and gore. There's more blood and gore added to the Wii U version, including bringing back dismemberment. It's not less violent than GTA. I think maybe what you meant earlier is that GTA is more adult than NG, what with the hookers and drugs and the such. But it's ludicrous to claim GTA as more violent or say NG is "not bad." It's certainly not "family-friendly."

I dunno if this has been answered, but my in store pickups of 2 Wii U games at gamestop still show as "open", and says I will receive a call when the items are at the store. Can I trust this? Will they actually take the time to call me on release day, or is my order even going to go through?

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']reggie is great you can tell he loves his job[/QUOTE]

I'm not watching the TV now, but I've always found Reggie to be full of shit.

I hope the wiiU has a good online service because some future super marios bros games with online multiplayer would be great but I'm only buying the Wii U for first party (primarily Mario) games. My console exclusive gaming is done on my PS3 and I've shifted most of my gaming back to my PC.

...not that anyone cares...

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']that's the thing that kind of makes me sad is that nintendo seems like they think they don't need to take the money and time to make a legit online service like psn or live.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo hired dudes who made X-box live to make wii u online so....

[quote name='jrr6415sun']who wouldn't love reggie's job?

because it's nintendo and past experience with nintendo[/QUOTE]

What, you mean like how Mario Kart Wii ran flawlessly and the 3DS has fantastic online? Adding friends is super easy and you can even join a friend's game off the friends list.

What you mean to say is you're basing it off your past ignorance.

[quote name='metsfan1545d']why is everyone writing off wii u's online service before anyone even has the console?[/QUOTE]

because nintendo has talked about it plenty lol. NO friends list and many other things. at least they did one thing right take away the numbers and allow people to use names.

Why are there several pages where this Timbo guy is like 80% of the posts? He's dumb as fuck and basically belligerent. He also thinks writing shuffle instead of shovel is called a typo.

[quote name='Slowdance']Why are there several pages where this Timbo guy is like 80% of the posts? He's dumb as fuck and basically belligerent. He also thinks writing shuffle instead of shovel is called a typo.[/QUOTE]

If anything this thread is helpful for fleshing out my ignore list, I find.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Difference is titles like GTA5 are the kind of things that will sell the 3rd party support to people that got fed up with the Wii.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually fed up with the grand theft series. Not much new...just the same shit with bigger maps and graphics improvements.

Only way I would pick up one is if they did another San Andreas style one.

GTA for PS3 got old ...really quick.

And for people complaining about online ... have you heard of all the PS3 problems ...again...

Target seems to have dropped the ball for online preorders. The system I ordered on November 8th still showed not yet shipped with and estimated delivery date of the 18th with express shipping. However, I was able to order a bundle from them this afternoon and I just got a shipping confirmation and tracking number. I went ahead and canceled the one from the 8th. I'm pretty sure they forgot about the preorders and took those systems and created the bundles. I'm happy I have one on the way, but I wasn't able to get my 5% red card discount on the one that is actually shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back