Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
See most stores you cant get them to budge because the Wii U is not in their systems just yet. I bet if they scanned the barcode it would come up as invalid.

So now I must try to find a Pro Controller, newegg has delayed all orders till December 31st, so hopefully these things arent to hard to find tommoorow.

[quote name='henry00x']got my txt message from gamestop

"GameStop: Your Nintendo Wii U order avail Sun AM"[/QUOTE]Got mine also about an hour ago. I will pick it up Monday since it is close by my job.

[quote name='rckola911']Got email from tru about wii u games 40 off did t say anything about 49 or less also had pic of Mario and batman it just says higher or equal value etc.. So any amnt. I. Goi g for Mario they open at 8 am[/QUOTE]
Got the email too. It says ALL Wii & Wii U video games. No exclusions in fine print.

Also 20% extra TIV on all video game hardware.

well, the BB I was going to go to finally told me they were only going to have 5 Deluxe models available. No no one has started lining up yet though. So the Vita is charging, the extra battery pack charger is full, finding a durable blanket and got the hoody ready. I will swing by at 11pm and begin the wait.

Yesterday I finally got to see one at a Wal-Mart kiosk, and my first impression was 'cheap plastic' after feeling how light the gamepad is. Just watched a video and that was it. Today, while at the BB w/ my kid, I figured out that Rayman is the only playable demo on there (11 mins timed demo) so, after 22 mins of him playing, I had to tear him away. He now 'definitely' wants one. The hardest part was explaining to him that while daddy is going to be waiting in line for one, he has to mail it to Santa so he can get it on Christmas. I don't think he saw thru it yet though...hehe, kids! To bad mommy wasn't there, she would have come up with something better!

I was thinking about trading in my modded wii, I never use the the thing got it at release. My friend at gamestop got me to preorder it LOL. Whats the current TIV on one stacked with the 30%

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Why? They didn't do a midnight release for Skylanders Giants either. That demographic won't turn out for a midnight release.[/QUOTE]

Why? Because it looks really bad when you don't do it for something as big as a new console.

[quote name='token2k6']To bad mommy wasn't there, she would have come up with something better![/QUOTE]
Ha ha, I should hope so. My mom usually just told us that the presents were for our cousins. Or in this case, she would've said that they sold out, which is what she said about the N64.

Ugh...so here are the Wii-U chronicles over the past week.

Ordered via the kmart link, had a lot of sketch dealings with them on the phone and them not having my order in the system so I cancelled the order. Got in on the target.com bundle yesterday morning but then received an e-mail stating that it would be delayed until 12/26 delivery, errrmmm nope, cancelled that as well. Just got in on the walmart.com store pick-up and got a confirmation, went to the store and tried to pick-up but they held firm to tomorrow, he did show me that my system was marked and locked up though, score for me!

[quote name='token2k6']
Yesterday I finally got to see one at a Wal-Mart kiosk, and my first impression was 'cheap plastic' after feeling how light the gamepad is. Just watched a video and that was it. Today, while at the BB w/ my kid, I figured out that Rayman is the only playable demo on there (11 mins timed demo) so, after 22 mins of him playing, I had to tear him away. He now 'definitely' wants one. The hardest part was explaining to him that while daddy is going to be waiting in line for one, he has to mail it to Santa so he can get it on Christmas. I don't think he saw thru it yet though...hehe, kids! To bad mommy wasn't there, she would have come up with something better![/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny!

[quote name='Tiako']I find it kinda fucked that gamestops are not doing midnight release when I KNOW they are going to do it for the next xbox.[/QUOTE]

It makes no sense to do a midnight to sell less than 15 consoles(100% preorders). Most are right around that number. My wow buddies work at GS and they have 11 tomorrow.

Hmmm its interesting, on the Bestbuy page it says my Wii U is available for pickup RIGHT NOW. It doesnt say anything about release dates. It said it in the email, but on the "view my orders" on bestbuy.com it says its ready for pickup with absolutely no indications of release dates.

I dont have a ride so I cant test the waters, im sure I can find some dumbass employee to fork it over if I print off that page on their website. I mean it does say its available.....

If anyone else tries, tell me because it might be worth a shot.

[quote name='soxxx']So now I must try to find a Pro Controller, newegg has delayed all orders till December 31st, so hopefully these things arent to hard to find tommoorow.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, why did they do this again?
I have one pre-ordered with them...

I saw a few of them already for sale at a local gamestop, so I don't think these will be hard to find on Sunday.

[quote name='soxxx']Hmmm its interesting, on the Bestbuy page it says my Wii U is available for pickup RIGHT NOW. It doesnt say anything about release dates. It said it in the email, but on the "view my orders" on bestbuy.com it says its ready for pickup with absolutely no indications of release dates.

I dont have a ride so I cant test the waters, im sure I can find some dumbass employee to fork it over if I print off that page on their website. I mean it does say its available.....

If anyone else tries, tell me because it might be worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

If you read a few pages back, someone already did. Don't bother!

[quote name='jedi0077']It makes no sense to do a midnight to sell less than 15 consoles(100% preorders). Most are right around that number. My wow buddies work at GS and they have 11 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

15 consoles (let's say 10 deluxe, 5 basic) would equal about $5000. that's not too bad. that's about the same as selling 83 games on a midnight release. and since it's only 15 consoles, they'd probably be open for less than an hour. so you gotta pay 2 guys $20. maybe they're not doing it for safety reasons; they might be worried someone will get mugged on their way home. gs doesn't have rent a cops like wal mart, bby, target, etc.

Man, I should have pre-ordered the damn system. I want one so badly right now. I showed my GF the Mario Bros U trailer and she got pumped too.

Anybody from Northern California know anything about the Best Buy in Union City? I was hoping to score one there, but I don't trust they'll have enough. I believe they're the only one doing a midnight launch in the Bay Area, so I can expect there to be a line for sure. Might drive by to see how bad it is once the sun sets. If I don't score one, i'm off to a secluded KMart in the morning in hopes nobody preordered there :D

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']15 consoles (let's say 10 deluxe, 5 basic) would equal about $5000. that's not too bad. that's about the same as selling 83 games on a midnight release. and since it's only 15 consoles, they'd probably be open for less than an hour. so you gotta pay 2 guys $20. maybe they're not doing it for safety reasons; they might be worried someone will get mugged on their way home. gs doesn't have rent a cops like wal mart, bby, target, etc.[/QUOTE]

Volume matters. Profit matters. Gross revenue does not matter.

It's not how many consoles they sell, it's how many of the other items they sell. that's why stores usually never tell you how many they have if you ask and give you answer like "i don't know, we don't have it in stock, etc" even though it's in the back.

people wait, doesn't score the system, but since they are there they buy something else...

[quote name='djricekcn']It's not how many consoles they sell, it's how many of the other items they sell. that's why stores usually never tell you how many they have if you ask and give you answer like "i don't know, we don't have it in stock, etc" even though it's in the back.

people wait, doesn't score the system, but since they are there they buy something else...[/QUOTE]

IDK, maybe I can buy into that, but if I'm waiting 5+ hours in cold weather, and I don't get a system, the last thing I'm going to do is call it a day, buy a $10 movie and a bag of Skittles or something. I'm getting in my car, getting coffee and jetting to another B&M store with fingers crossed..

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']15 consoles (let's say 10 deluxe, 5 basic) would equal about $5000. that's not too bad. that's about the same as selling 83 games on a midnight release. and since it's only 15 consoles, they'd probably be open for less than an hour. so you gotta pay 2 guys $20. maybe they're not doing it for safety reasons; they might be worried someone will get mugged on their way home. gs doesn't have rent a cops like wal mart, bby, target, etc.[/QUOTE]

Think about this in terms of profitability and not raw sales dollars. The systems have no markup, the games might be marked up 5 or 10 bucks, and there are no accessories to speak of since there are no extra gamepads to sell yet. As a store, you're basically hoping someone buys a shitload of games or that someone doesn't already have some Wiimotes. As a store manager, I wouldn't wast man hours on that either.

So went into my Best Buy today, and a couple things happened.

One, there were people already set up with tents for Black Friday camping out....

Two, they had an extra deluxe Wii U and luckily I am super close with the head gaming rep and the manager there, and they are holding it for me so i can pick it up tonight at midnight.

I have Silver through Feb 2014, this will push me over for another year. Spending money and being a loyal customer pay off sometimes. im super happy ill be able to get a wii u at launch :D

[quote name='soxxx']Hmmm its interesting, on the Bestbuy page it says my Wii U is available for pickup RIGHT NOW. It doesnt say anything about release dates. It said it in the email, but on the "view my orders" on bestbuy.com it says its ready for pickup with absolutely no indications of release dates.

If anyone else tries, tell me because it might be worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

read post #7238

[quote name='GizmoGC']15 transactions is easier to process during regular hours over 83.[/QUOTE]

you're assuming they ever sell that many games during their midnight releases, or that people would all come at the same time to buy them if they didn't do the midnight release.

[quote name='confoosious']Volume matters. Profit matters. Gross revenue does not matter.[/QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about?

[quote name='GohanX']Think about this in terms of profitability and not raw sales dollars. The systems have no markup, the games might be marked up 5 or 10 bucks, and there are no accessories to speak of since there are no extra gamepads to sell yet. As a store, you're basically hoping someone buys a shitload of games or that someone doesn't already have some Wiimotes. As a store manager, I wouldn't wast man hours on that either.[/QUOTE]

there are plenty of other things you can sell: controllers, games, warranties :)lol:), protective screens for the gamepad, skins for the controllers, etc.

what peripherals do people buy when they get their midnight release games?

[quote name='jedi0077']It makes no sense to do a midnight to sell less than 15 consoles(100% preorders). Most are right around that number. My wow buddies work at GS and they have 11 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

They did it for the original Wii, with less consoles.

The 30% extra bonus for Wii U has been an offer since they took pre-orders. Thats what I was using to flip games and only pay like 150 out of pocket to pay it off.

[quote name='cigaro']So went into my Best Buy today, and a couple things happened.

One, there were people already set up with tents for Black Friday camping out....

Two, they had an extra deluxe Wii U and luckily I am super close with the head gaming rep and the manager there, and they are holding it for me so i can pick it up tonight at midnight.

I have Silver through Feb 2014, this will push me over for another year. Spending money and being a loyal customer pay off sometimes. im super happy ill be able to get a wii u at launch :D[/QUOTE]

are you sure they weren't there for the wii u launch, i.e. the one this evening, instead of black friday, i.e. next week?

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']you're assuming they ever sell that many games during their midnight releases, or that people would all come at the same time to buy them if they didn't do the midnight release.

what the hell are you talking about?

there are plenty of other things you can sell: controllers, games, warranties :)lol:), protective screens for the gamepad, skins for the controllers, etc.

what peripherals do people buy when they get their midnight release games?[/QUOTE]

Gross revenue is the actual amount of money the customer is handing over in a transaction.... so lets say the customer pays 300 for an xbox. The 300 is the gross revenue.... but lets say best buy payed 250 for that xbox in bulk..... now they have made 50 dollars of profit. He is saying it doesnt matter how much money is spent if it doesnt translate to a good amount of profit.

[quote name='whookid36']Anyone who placed a best buy in store preorder have they said anything yet?[/QUOTE]

Got my pickup notice this morning saying it will be ready tomorrow morning.

Looks like supplies will be tight in Canada. Went to my Walmart and was told I better be there early to get one as they didn't even get enough to cover the 12 pre orders they have.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']They did it for the original Wii, with less consoles.[/QUOTE]

It was a completely new console then, people likely brought Wii-Motes, Classic Controllers, and the games. I know for sure I did.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']are you sure they weren't there for the wii u launch, i.e. the one this evening, instead of black friday, i.e. next week?[/QUOTE]

It's probably people that are obviously not gamers. general people camping out for black friday sales.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']are you sure they weren't there for the wii u launch, i.e. the one this evening, instead of black friday, i.e. next week?[/QUOTE]

Im positive... I totally thought it was for the Wii U but the reps told me they were there for black friday and they had been there since yesterday.

That wouldn't be $5000 in profit though.

Just called my local 24hr Walmart to see if I could pickup my preorder at midnight. 2 phone calls and 14 minutes later, I still wasn't able to get an answer. Apparently the only person working today is a pleasant lady in sporting goods.

I called a Wal-mart in upstate NY a few hours ago regarding the midnight release. The electronics rep told me that they would start selling them at midnight however there isn't that many to go around. I asked if I would be able to pick up my preorder at Layaway on midnight as well and was told I wouldn't have any problem. I really wonder how limited the Wii U is going to be around me. I know that there wasn't that many people who preordered so I am really curious how things are going to turn out tonight.

called my wal mart, asked the kid how many of the deluxe he had in stock, he said "uh... I don't know...". Said they should have enough for everyone and to be down there at 1145 because they are closing up at 12.

top notch help there lol.

[quote name='tava84']Man, I should have pre-ordered the damn system. I want one so badly right now. I showed my GF the Mario Bros U trailer and she got pumped too.

Anybody from Northern California know anything about the Best Buy in Union City? I was hoping to score one there, but I don't trust they'll have enough. I believe they're the only one doing a midnight launch in the Bay Area, so I can expect there to be a line for sure. Might drive by to see how bad it is once the sun sets. If I don't score one, i'm off to a secluded KMart in the morning in hopes nobody preordered there :D[/QUOTE]

In the same boat as you. Played at a Gamestop kiosk last week with my girlfriend and now she thinks she wants one. And, I can't lie, I'm sort of excited about it now, too. We had a lot of fun playing Rayman.

So, anyway, called K-mart...the usual sh*tty excuse for customer service commenced. I can't even get a hold of the electronics department there after 3 times. My Best Buy has a midnight opening -- not sure how successful I'll be at trying my luck there (especially after the touchpad fiasco). Maybe one of the Wal-Marts will have some around here.

[quote name='cigaro']Im positive... I totally thought it was for the Wii U but the reps told me they were there for black friday and they had been there since yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I just flat out don't believe that (not you, but what the rep told you). :lol: No one is that pathetic.

I hate walmart when it comes to video games, I would never preorder anything from there. Good luck to the ones that did, jeez, hope you get your system.

[quote name='cigaro']Gross revenue is the actual amount of money the customer is handing over in a transaction.... so lets say the customer pays 300 for an xbox. The 300 is the gross revenue.... but lets say best buy payed 250 for that xbox in bulk..... now they have made 50 dollars of profit. He is saying it doesnt matter how much money is spent if it doesnt translate to a good amount of profit.[/QUOTE]

ok, so let's say they're making a $50 profit on every console. that's be $750, minus the $20 you pay your employees, that's still coming out on top over $700; plus, like i said, you can probably sell a bunch of accessories, games and warranties. people would probably be more likely to get more stuff during the midnight release than during regular hours too (sleep deprivation, loss of inhibitions).

[quote name='kaydigi']That wouldn't be $5000 in profit though.[/QUOTE]

obviously, it's not like they got the wii u's for free. :lol:

^ I went into the store yesterday to confirm that my name was on the list (there was some problem with my pre-order ticket). The guy working there said they only let them do 4 deluxe pre-orders before cutting him off (too few for a midnight release) but that he had pallets of the things ready to go on the floor Sunday.

[quote name='mkm1998']Worth a shot but anyone in the San Diego/North County area have a spare Deluxe Wii-U on preorder that they would be willing to part with? Kmart just screwed me over.[/QUOTE]
I'd help ya out. But ya gotta go farther north, as in OC.
And before people go PM crazy, know that I'm lousy at checking pm's and not giving any up 'til I lock in my console

[quote name='Bizzquik']Man, its only one opinion but I am a bit concerned about ZombiU after watching GameSpot's review. I was hoping for something resembling greatness....but maybe mediocrity is what we're going to get instead.[/QUOTE]

From the vid alone, it looks like an interesting take on zombie games. But can't say it'll be good since I haven't played it.
Thing is, his complaints come from his choice to avoid different play styles. Think he's been watching too much Walking Dead (save your bullets).

Imagine how crappy Mario games would be if you decide not to jump at all because you might fall to your death. Or you don't use the pistol in Halo because there's little chance of getting more ammo.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']ok, so let's say they're making a $50 profit on every console. that's be $750, minus the $20 you pay your employees, that's still coming out on top over $700; plus, like i said, you can probably sell a bunch of accessories, games and warranties. people would probably be more likely to get more stuff during the midnight release than during regular hours too (sleep deprivation, loss of inhibitions).

obviously, it's not like they got the wii u's for free. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Then you need to pay operating costs, having a shift head/manager in charge, time to count drawers and more than likely more than two employees. Then the time putting the product up on display then back down then it falls below $700. Or you could just do it at normal time when you know for sure you will be selling and possibly have more foot traffic for those who couldn't land a console.

Let's not forget the man designated to check for veterans discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back