Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='breakfuss']In the same boat as you. Played at a Gamestop kiosk last week with my girlfriend and now she thinks she wants one. And, I can't lie, I'm sort of excited about it now, too. We had a lot of fun playing Rayman.

So, anyway, called K-mart...the usual sh*tty excuse for customer service commenced. I can't even get a hold of the electronics department there after 3 times. My Best Buy has a midnight opening -- not sure how successful I'll be at trying my luck there (especially after the touchpad fiasco). Maybe one of the Wal-Marts will have some around here.

I just flat out don't believe that (not you, but what the rep told you). :lol: No one is that pathetic.[/QUOTE]

oh, you'd be surprised....

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']ok, so let's say they're making a $50 profit on every console. that's be $750, minus the $20 you pay your employees, that's still coming out on top over $700; plus, like i said, you can probably sell a bunch of accessories, games and warranties. people would probably be more likely to get more stuff during the midnight release than during regular hours too (sleep deprivation, loss of inhibitions).
[/QUOTE]

Do the proper analysis. What matters is excess sales above the status quo. If the store opened as scheduled in the morning, they'd still sell all their consoles with near 100% certainty. So all that counts is excess marginal sales of accessories at midnight versus 10 am. Not worth it, probably.

[quote name='breakfuss']In the same boat as you. Played at a Gamestop kiosk last week with my girlfriend and now she thinks she wants one. And, I can't lie, I'm sort of excited about it now, too. We had a lot of fun playing Rayman.

So, anyway, called K-mart...the usual sh*tty excuse for customer service commenced. I can't even get a hold of the electronics department there after 3 times. My Best Buy has a midnight opening -- not sure how successful I'll be at trying my luck there (especially after the touchpad fiasco). Maybe one of the Wal-Marts will have some around here.

I just flat out don't believe that (not you, but what the rep told you). :lol: No one is that pathetic.[/QUOTE]

I made sure that he was right lol. The guy is super knowledgeable hes the one im really close with .... He was sure they were for BF. Not surprising I saw people line up 5 days early last year for BF too

[quote name='rocky9868']I called a Wal-mart in upstate NY a few hours ago regarding the midnight release. The electronics rep told me that they would start selling them at midnight however there isn't that many to go around. I asked if I would be able to pick up my preorder at Layaway on midnight as well and was told I wouldn't have any problem. I really wonder how limited the Wii U is going to be around me. I know that there wasn't that many people who preordered so I am really curious how things are going to turn out tonight.[/QUOTE]
Care to state which area of NY? Im in upstate in Clinton County, near montreal actually.

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, why did they do this again?
I have one pre-ordered with them...

I saw a few of them already for sale at a local gamestop, so I don't think these will be hard to find on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I also would hope that nintendo will make a lot more pro controllers for this system. I remember the original wii had a classic controller shortage during the holidays.

[quote name='darksurtur']Do the proper analysis. What matters is excess sales above the status quo. If the store opened as scheduled in the morning, they'd still sell all their consoles with near 100% certainty. So all that counts is excess marginal sales of accessories at midnight versus 10 am. Not worth it, probably.[/QUOTE]

that's the opposite of what other people were saying. by that logic, they should never do midnight releases, but they still do, only with certain titles though. i still think it's probably more of a safety concern.

Great... GameStop told me they were opening midnight, then 10am, now 11am. I hate "Sunday hours" at stores, but it's even worse than usual because of what's going on tomorrow.

I'm just going to pick up what I can at Walmart at midnight and get whatever I couldn't get at Walmart (probably just the console itself) at GameStop when they open, half-way through tomorrow. :roll:

[quote name='Snowball21']Just called my local 24hr Walmart to see if I could pickup my preorder at midnight. 2 phone calls and 14 minutes later, I still wasn't able to get an answer. Apparently the only person working today is a pleasant lady in sporting goods.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's typically how Walmart works around here as well. No one knows what's going on. Although they did a good job with the Wii launch.

[quote name='breakfuss']I just flat out don't believe that (not you, but what the rep told you). :lol: No one is that pathetic.[/QUOTE]
You're kidding, right? People almost always start camping out in front of Best Buy a week before Black Friday.

I was able to get a deluxe at fredmeyers here in portland OR so with that being said, if anyone in the area would like my back up (8gb basic console) Toyr R US pre order. its up for grabs. I put $20 down for the pre order so I would need that additional downpayment but other than that its free. Otherwise im just going to get a refund

[quote name='rayfrombk']I also jumped on the Newegg bundle. Now I have too many Wii U consoles LOL.. sorry to those who are still having a problem securing a console. :cry:[/QUOTE]
I am picking up an 8Gb unit at BB tonight at midnight. I am going to offer to family members that one. I too, jumped on the newegg deal and found out something interesting from newegg customer service that these preorders are NOT BEING HANDLED by newegg at all, but a third party distributor. I was hoping it would ship outtta Jersey as most of my orders there do, but the CS rep would offer nothing as to who or where these distributors were located. And Finally, NO TIME FRAME AS TO WHEN THEY WILL SHIP though they charged my card almost immediately. Her best guess was, "Monday but its all up to the distributor". I spoke to Mercedes if anyone wants to confirm.

Can anyone tell me if Best Buy has a line system for reservations or if it's first come? I'm assuming they know who put money down first. When I put in my reservation it was the Sunday of the week they started and the woman just told me they were still available. Just wanting to confirm if I can walk in tomorrow and pick up my console or if I need to stand in line tonight.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Not sure where you saw this. There's been 2 walmart ads with the wii u in it. The one for layaway, and the one for black friday. The BF ad just says "Available Nov. 18th" (and that's for the non-layaway ones, presumably), and the layaway ad says "Available for pickup Nov. 18th". You have to pick up your console from layaway, and layaway doesn't open until 9AM, in pretty much every walmart.

Now there was an internal memo. Maybe that's what you're talking about. It had instructions for the stores that wanted to do midnight launches, but it certainly wasn't a requirement.[/QUOTE]

My WM (Lewis Center OH) is re opening layaway at midnight. Lay aways in one line and remaining consoles on the floor.

[quote name='bombfirst885']Can anyone tell me if Best Buy has a line system for reservations or if it's first come? I'm assuming they know who put money down first. When I put in my reservation it was the Sunday of the week they started and the woman just told me they were still available. Just wanting to confirm if I can walk in tomorrow and pick up my console or if I need to stand in line tonight.[/QUOTE]

probabbly ymmv, but i asked my best buy if i would have any problem if i strolled in on sunday to pick up my pre order and they said no.

he also told me they had about 15 pre orders down. cant remember if he said anything about walk ins or how many of each sku theyre getting though

Recieved a personal call from my Gamestop manager, she informed me she will be open @midnight for around 1hr if I am interested in picking up my system. Great manager, bravo for this particular Gamestop!

Day before launch and my K-Mart still has no clue what they're doing. Nobody there has any idea how many they're going to have available. It astounds me that in 2012 they seemingly have no way to look up information in their system regarding availability of their merchandise.

Ha, Walmart layaway manager called to complain at me about picking up the console yesterday. Maybe you should tell your employee's not to sell it then. ; )

My Best Buy IS having a midnight launch tonight!!! 4 hours of Nintendo music is on queue to be played there as well. Looks like I'll be gaming on the 3DS while I wait in line. 35 Consoles, 11 Pre-orders at that store.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Ha, Walmart layaway manager called to complain at me about picking up the console yesterday. Maybe you should tell your employee's not to sell it then. ; )[/QUOTE]

Someone may have lost their job......

I just called my BB that I placed my pre order at and was told they have yet to receive there shipment and hope to have it this afternoon. Needless to say they will not be having a midnight launch.

Pretty strange considering I was told the exact opposite two days ago. I'll call back later and see if I can get a straight answer.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']If anyone wants it here in ny, you can get in line in Nintendo store and get it tonight.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to most of the country going to Gamestops, Walmarts and everywhere else buddy. :)

[quote name='heyheyhey11']If anyone wants it here in ny, you can get in line in Nintendo store and get it tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to take the train down and join in the festivities but I have a preorder to pick up at my local BB. I got the launch details email from Nintendo and contemplated it but I am afraid the inept employees at my local BB would give away my preorder....;)

[quote name='bombfirst885']Can anyone tell me if Best Buy has a line system for reservations or if it's first come? I'm assuming they know who put money down first. When I put in my reservation it was the Sunday of the week they started and the woman just told me they were still available. Just wanting to confirm if I can walk in tomorrow and pick up my console or if I need to stand in line tonight.[/QUOTE]

I called my BB last night about store hours for Sunday and the customer services person was pretty rude about it. They told me don't even bother getting in line, that all the consoles were presold. That's when I informed him I had preordered and that shut him up. Still nothing special, 10am opening.

[quote name='Deader2818']I have a Deluxe Wii U at the Best Buy in Deptford NJ if anyone is interested. Looks like GameStop did pull through for me.[/QUOTE]

That's where I go, I live 5 minutes away. I would take you up on the offer but I can't cancel my Newegg order.

Really hoping places have separate lines for preordered vs walk-ins. I'm going to both Walmart tonight and GS tomorrow morning and I better not have to sit in line with the people who just walked in for one.

I did that for the Wii, but I swore that was my last launch line. It's not all bad, but the Winter releases definitely do not help. Waiting outside for a couple of hours (in 50 degree weather) just isn't worth it.
What made it even less appealing was that I could've shown up at 9:00 in the morning the next day (special opening hours for the launch) and gotten one without ever standing outside.
My kid loves all things Mario, and so I'm getting one. But, in all honesty there isn't a single thing that excites me about the Wii-u. It just feels like Nintendo is once again catching up. The Wii was different, and gimmicky. The Wii-u not so much.

[quote name='pjb16']Just ordered one for pick up at my local wal-mart store.[/QUOTE]

Link? I don't see a listing online

Looks like Target is going to come thru for me which sucks because I'll have to pay cash. Hopefully BB or GS get their act together so I can use credit.

I spoke to the CSR and he said that they have put aside 5 deluxe consoles for pre-orders and they do have an additional 5 that can be purchased once they open tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']that's the opposite of what other people were saying. by that logic, they should never do midnight releases, but they still do, only with certain titles though. i still think it's probably more of a safety concern.[/QUOTE]

they do midnight releases for games because anyone can just go to another store and buy one, so there is competition to sell these first.

with the Wii U they can't just go to another store and get one so why should a store bother.

[quote name='steve_dave']By making it up[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Seems more and more likely that I'll be stuck waiting on this stupid Dell order.

Yeah the Nintendo World Store is by far the safest bet. The problem though is it is inner Manhatten so for the most part everyone waiting probably lives over an hour away or so. For me to take the train to Manhatten round trip would cost $26 and is about 1 1/2 hours each way.

He's not making it up. You can pre-order for In-Store Pick-Up right now, though it kind of requires a "glitch" to get it added to your cart. Check SD, as I'm not posting it here.. Walmart cancelled all my orders I tried with it, but some people have had better luck getting it to work.

[quote name='coopscohen']I just called my BB that I placed my pre order at and was told they have yet to receive there shipment and hope to have it this afternoon. Needless to say they will not be having a midnight launch.

Pretty strange considering I was told the exact opposite two days ago. I'll call back later and see if I can get a straight answer.[/QUOTE]
That's same thing that happened when I called my Best Buy at 6pm. They said to call back at 8pm to see if they will be ready for the midnight release. I'm thinking not because seems a bit late now to get a shipment in.

Any idea if they will have enough for everyone in line and how long is the line right now? I was thinking about going to the Union Square Best Buy as an alternative.

[quote name='soxxx']Yeah the Nintendo World Store is by far the safest bet. The problem though is it is inner Manhatten so for the most part everyone waiting probably lives over an hour away or so. For me to take the train to Manhatten round trip would cost $26 and is about 1 1/2 hours each way.[/QUOTE]

would they have one for everyone in line. im thinking about heading to the city at 10pm, and just waiting for the cashier.

This will be my first "Midnight Madness" event at Walmart. I'm not sure what to expect. My local store's typical late night crowd matches, and often surpasses the stereotypes.

It'll probably be less of a sausagefest than other gaming events, but I'm uncertain the addition of clueless soccer moms will be an improvement. :cold:

[quote name='Aejeck']How?[/QUOTE]
By using a "remind me list" and finding available units at my local store, and subsequently ordering one.

Yup, I'm making it up. :roll:

Went to my local Walmart just to try and get it early. Walked up to layaway and said I was here to pay off on a layaway. She pulled up the info and said asked how much I'd like to pay. I told her the whole bill. She walked to the back and I got a chubby. She walked back out empty handed and said I can sell it but I can't sell it. I was confused as someone in the back yelled something out to her. She walked to the back again. Omg I can almost taste that Wii U. Then she walked back out and said we can't give it to you until midnight and if you pay it off now you might not be guaranteed to get one. They did say the layaway department would be handling the Wii U sales at midnight. 24 hour walmart btw.

[quote name='pjb16']By using a "remind me list" and finding available units at my local store, and subsequently ordering one.

Yup, I'm making it up. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. My Walmart had no idea what the hell was going on today and the layaway people said they only had 2-3 preorders, so why not try it out.

Just got the confirmation texts from Gamestop about an hour ago that my Wii U and NSMBU are at the store and ready to be picked up tomorrow! Now to call them and find out if they are indeed opening a couple hours early like they told me previously...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back