Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So by the way- to all who already have it. The system update is online now but it is very slow..... I am not done yet and have had it going a couple hours...looks to be a gig + in size. Good news is if your download gets interrupted, it picks up where it left off.

I'm waiting at our Wal-Mart right now. No one else yet, and three people are scrambling to locate them. They show all for preorders here, but no extras. No launch day titles out yet either. (I have them hunting down a zombie u for us. If tru has it tomorrow, well pick it up there on the sale, and return the Wal-Mart copy.

[quote name='Alucard400']Oh man. good luck! you gotta talk to the people inline there. they should be gamers too. you should have been prepared and brought a tablet or a DS/psp to occupy yourself.[/QUOTE]

Oh you know I did! I brought my smart phone, my 3ds xl, my tablet AND my girlfriend. Lol

[quote name='Kaijufan']Is there any way to change the store pickup person for a preorder? I'm having problems with my leg and I'm supposed to stay off it this weekend so I was going to have someone else pickup my Wii U for me, but I can't find a way to change the person even though I've added them as an authorized pickup person on my account.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately you have to choose before finalizing your order. No way around it after the fact. CS can't/won't change it.

[quote name='ScubaCat']About to head out to Walmart to pick up layaways. Is anyone already at a walmart now? Any lines?[/QUOTE]

No lines at my Walmart

I am heading to north hills best buy in the morning.No midnight release in my store[quote name='druggie218']anyone on here at pittsburgh mills?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PaleGreen']Plan B: grab the remaining Twinkies, cupcakes, and Ding Dongs. Better return than competing videogame investments. :drool:[/QUOTE]
Seriously. This is one of the very few times that I'm grateful to be in a city full of computer-illiterate field workers. With all of these Hostess snack foods, I think I'll be able to put my kid through college!

[quote name='jrr6415sun']since when does a store follow their policy[/QUOTE]
When it benefits them.

I might try and pick up NSMBU and ZombiU at Toys R Us tomorrow morning, the only problem is I have Mario and my Wii U ordered at GameStop.....they should let me move the money I have on Mario to Monster Hunter even if it's the day it comes out, right?

[quote name='OrigamiDrill']There's already five?! I had a similar game plan (my Target opens at 8 AM), and I wasn't planning on heading over til midnight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was surprised myself. We stopped in to trade my fiances iPhone 4 in since we upgraded her to a 5 today, and when we got here there were four people sitting outside playing monopoly. One of them was her since 630am.

Anyone in the the greensburg/Irwin/NorHun area should stop up at the n Huntington target. Now that I have my tent set up (yes, I brought a fucking tent because its cold), I'm pretty cozy.

I am surprised by the lack of midnight launches, Halo 4 and COD all had them, yet its soo quiet out there for a new Console release!!!

[quote name='MoCiWe']I might try and pick up NSMBU and ZombiU at Toys R Us tomorrow morning, the only problem is I have Mario and my Wii U ordered at GameStop.....they should let me move the money I have on Mario to Monster Hunter even if it's the day it comes out, right?[/QUOTE]

You know they dont qualify for the deal right? Deal works on $49.99 and under only.

So I'm at Best Buy in Tempe Marketplace right now. Line is around 60 people. Then a BBY employee ask everyone who preordered. I was the only one. Now I'm first in line. I'm getting death stares from everyone who didn't preordered.

[quote name='Reraise']You know they dont qualify for the deal right? Deal works on $49.99 and under only.[/QUOTE]

tomorrow it works on all wii U games

Local Kmart apparently only got in 2 Basic bundles, no deluxe. Too bad.

Gonna probably head out to try and get my Walmart layaway in a few minutes.

[quote name='Aejeck']I got an order in and called the store to see if they'd set mine aside and he said he would. Here's hoping. Headed out shortly to see if they'll honor it.[/QUOTE]

Already got a order cancelled e-mail.

And I already cancelled the KMart order because of my excitement over the possibility of a Wal-Mart pickup.

fucked myself over. What a dumbass. :cry:

[quote name='rohitman']Looks like the pro controller may be a bit difficult to get a hold of but target.com has them. Should work as a back up for some. Works out great if you have a redcard. http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-wi...i-u/-/A-14297427#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=wii pro controller

Anyone heard anything about the Target preorder cards? I'm assuming the preorders will be held but I may be naive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link might try and pick up one of these tomorrow in store. Don't really need one right away but would be nice for a few games.

[quote name='Haseo713']So I'm at Best Buy in Tempe Marketplace right now. Line is around 60 people. Then a BBY employee ask everyone who preordered. I was the only one. Now I'm first in line. I'm getting death stares from everyone who didn't preordered.[/QUOTE]

Lol - love this.

Deep down, you're laughing at them too no doubt.

Sorry if this has been asked already, I admit I didn't read all 381 pages of this thread..

A nearby bestbuy is doing a midnight opening for the Wii U launch.. is this only for preorders? or do i have a shot at grabbing one if i haul ass across town right now?

[quote name='smoger']Sorry if this has been asked already, I admit I didn't read all 381 pages of this thread..

A nearby bestbuy is doing a midnight opening for the Wii U launch.. is this only for preorders? or do i have a shot at grabbing one if i haul ass across town right now?[/QUOTE]
haul ass

[quote name='ScubaCat']Lol - love this.

Deep down, you're laughing at them too no doubt.[/QUOTE]

You damn right about that! Looks like a smooth launch for me at least.

thanks guys.. guess ill go see what the scene is down there. worst case scenario i waste a 40 min roundtrip. not doing anything important anyway, and wide awake.

and im sure to scoop up some street passes in either case. off i go!

[quote name='Haseo713']So I'm at Best Buy in Tempe Marketplace right now. Line is around 60 people. Then a BBY employee ask everyone who preordered. I was the only one. Now I'm first in line. I'm getting death stares from everyone who didn't preordered.[/QUOTE]

That's only cause they jealous that you are a BOSS! And apparently the only one smart enough to pre order.

Should've brought some twinkees to share

I'm at a midnight Bestbuy launch and they had 27 deluxe extras for non pre-orders. They sepersted the pre-orders and non pre-orders and gave out a paper to guarantee a system so others dont wait on line for nothing. Things should go smooth and I'm sure people gonna be pissed when they come tomorrow morning seeing it advertised and not being available.

[quote name='WilliamG']Best Buy also has the controllers for preorder.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. I'm gonna have to keep reloading that page until pickup becomes an option. I have a feeling if I go to pick up a preorder outside of the main line that I won't have much chance at grabbing accessories.

[quote name='adamical']Local Kmart apparently only got in 2 Basic bundles, no deluxe. Too bad.

Gonna probably head out to try and get my Walmart layaway in a few minutes.[/QUOTE] saw in the ad that they only advertised the basic set as well, wonder if they even have deluxe.

Heh, still waiting to see how this goes down with everyone tomorrow at Target...

I stopped by the store I preordered and asked what the situation was like. They said they sold 5 of each card and would hold 5 of each, provided they got 5 of each. Kind of worried me a bit, as I got my card at the lowest grossing store in the area (that was how I found my reservation card). I don't plan on going out of my way to get there when the store opens, so we'll see how this goes. I can just see a flipper who bought cards at multiple stores getting there and trying to redeem all of his cards at one location.

[quote name='Snowball21']10:25pm here at the Walmart, only 5 people in line. Looks like all are preorder pickups.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no one here still except 2-4 people and they only got a couple deluxe extra so they're giving me the last. They have like 20 whites though.

It don't matter if yo black or white.

What accessories are you all buying? Seems the pro controller is a popular choice, what about a protector for the gamepad?

[quote name='vtswordfish']It don't matter if yo black or white.

What accessories are you all buying? Seems the pro controller is a popular choice, what about a protector for the gamepad?[/QUOTE]

I got a screen protector that came with extra styluses earlier. $9.99 at BB.

congratulations to everyone who is getting one like a boss. taking 5 minutes out of your day to pre-order is saving so much trouble/time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back