Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Haseo713']So I'm at Best Buy in Tempe Marketplace right now. Line is around 60 people. Then a BBY employee ask everyone who preordered. I was the only one. Now I'm first in line. I'm getting death stares from everyone who didn't preordered.[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Tempe Marketplace! I frequented that Best Buy and that mall all too often when I lived out there while going to school. I love Chicago but I really miss the Valley.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']congratulations to everyone who is getting one like a boss. taking 5 minutes out of your day to pre-order is saving so much trouble/time now.[/QUOTE]

unless you preorder from target,kmart lol nothing but problems for some from target and most from kmart

Why are people still saying the Basic model is a ripoff? I would go that route no matter what. I wish it was black though.

I would rather not have Nintendoland, so I could save the $50 and put it towards Mario. So that's a console and a game for about the same price (with a much better game). That leaves the extra storage capacity and the deluxe discount on digital items. Storage is pretty darn cheap if you ever wanted to upgrade and the discount is only useful if you buy digitally I believe...and with most games the same price as physical, I'd still rather go that route or wait for a sale price to make them cheaper than digital. The 10% discount on an overpriced digital game isn't attractive to me at all.

So...that said, what else makes the Basic model a bad deal? I guess if you were going to buy Nintendoland anyway, it makes sense. If not, you can get a Wii U and Mario for the same price. A black Wii U and Mario will be over $400 by comparison. The basic to me seems like a pretty good idea if you have no interest in Nintendoland.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I see the consoles are up on Amazon but not being sold by Amazon. Did they do preorders at some point?[/QUOTE]

they have always been up on amazon seeing other sellers are allowed to sell them.

passed by the Target where i stood on line overnight 5yrs ago for Wii and there no sight of any line, this happens to be same target where my buddy hopes to get his system from tomorrow morning, he has one of those reservation cards and spoke to manager today who told him that they only got 4 deluxe units and 20 basic units and that the card doesn't guarantee him a system unless hes on line for one, he plans to get there 6am

on the flip side i stopped by the gamestop where i have mine paid off, they told me no problems for tomorrow they only got enough in for preorders only, a woman was in front of me asking about the WiiU and they told her they dont have any to sell tomorrow unless you reserved one, gamestop seems to have been a great reliable source for WiiU preorders, nonetheless ill be there 10am when they open tomorrow

[quote name='Kelegacy']Why are people still saying the Basic model is a ripoff? I would go that route no matter what. I wish it was black though.

I would rather not have Nintendoland, so I could save the $50 and put it towards Mario. So that's a console and a game for about the same price (with a much better game). That leaves the extra storage capacity and the deluxe discount on digital items. Storage is pretty darn cheap if you ever wanted to upgrade and the discount is only useful if you buy digitally I believe...and with most games the same price as physical, I'd still rather go that route or wait for a sale price to make them cheaper than digital. The 10% discount on an overpriced digital game isn't attractive to me at all.

So...that said, what else makes the Basic model a bad deal? I guess if you were going to buy Nintendoland anyway, it makes sense. If not, you can get a Wii U and Mario for the same price. A black Wii U and Mario will be over $400 by comparison. The basic to me seems like a pretty good idea if you have no interest in Nintendoland.[/QUOTE]

Nintendoland and the dock

the dock is sooooo badass - seriously - all systems should have one for their controllers

Nintendo land is pretty damn fun btw. But I agree, not much of a point if you do not want Nintendo land as the dock could be bought separately. but buy the dams dock- you will be happy....trust me...DO IT!

really...

Waiting for some EST people to report how things go at Walmart for the midnight pick up.. I pre-ordered but I just don't know if I have to wait until tomorrow or not.

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']Nintendoland and the dock

the dock is sooooo badass - seriously - all systems should have one for their controllers

Nintendo land is pretty damn fun btw. But I agree, not much of a point if you do not want Nintendo land as the dock could be bought separately. but buy the dams dock- you will be happy....trust me...DO IT!

really...[/QUOTE]

Dock? Like a charging dock? I thought it was just a cheap plastic cradle for holding the controller?

[quote name='Kelegacy']Dock? Like a charging dock? I thought it was just a cheap plastic cradle for holding the controller?[/QUOTE]

you get that plus a charge dock

[quote name='ZombieToast']Seriously. This is one of the very few times that I'm grateful to be in a city full of computer-illiterate field workers. With all of these Hostess snack foods, I think I'll be able to put my kid through college![/QUOTE]

Twinkies may become a valuable commodity to a few pretty soon. ='( I was sad when wonderbread disappeared and now this. Hopefully they won't be missing in action for too long but we will see.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Dock? Like a charging dock? I thought it was just a cheap plastic cradle for holding the controller?[/QUOTE]

No dude they have two things - one is to hold the controller while you play. The other is a dock - to charge it - and hold it while you play.

The dock is bad ass too - the controller just plops on it and it starts to charge- there is nothing to insert like on the ps3 and it is not magnetic either like the wii chargers. ...it is.... magical. lol. no really it is badass - get it. you need it.

and buy the way I don't mean want it as in I want a fast car I mean need as in I need air to breathe and the dock for my wii u to exist. lol

I wanted Nintendoland so the 32gb is a no brainer, the charge dock sounds pretty sweet too though.

Need to get a screen protector, I might get one of the silicone or invisi-shields for the controller to protect it from drops though.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Why are people still saying the Basic model is a ripoff? I would go that route no matter what. I wish it was black though.

So...that said, what else makes the Basic model a bad deal? I guess if you were going to buy Nintendoland anyway, it makes sense. If not, you can get a Wii U and Mario for the same price. A black Wii U and Mario will be over $400 by comparison. The basic to me seems like a pretty good idea if you have no interest in Nintendoland.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']Nintendoland and the dock

really...[/QUOTE]

they have a stand and a dock. it's pretty bad ass.

[quote name='Drclaw411']It seems Jenna Ezarik and Justine Ezarik (iJustine) went to the Nintendo store in NY for the launch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsU7hk-noY[/QUOTE]

ijustine is the most annoying person ever. hated her on jtv and hate her on youtube. She just recent started to do video game videos on her youtube page seeeing she found out it was huge money maker

Ah, nice. Thanks for the clarification. A charge dock makes the deal alone.

So you can't charge the controller with the basic bundle at all? You have to buy a separate accessory? Like the 360 controller? Aww crap. That sucks.

I do have a Deluxe for pickup at Wal-Mart, but as a backup since I know it will fall through I have a basic bundle shipping to me. I didn't realize the cradle was for charging. I'm not a freakin' noob either, so I have no idea how I missed that!

Oh wait, the controller has an AC adapter. SO I guess there is still hope for me yet.

259925_4704082637993_886061895_n.jpg

I was at Best Buy At Water village/Glendale just now and took a pic of this line. I wanted to try and snag one for midnight, but all the deluxe have already been given out as tickets to people in line. Good luck to them and I hope things go really smooth for all of them. It's really raining heavy right now and these guys are really dedicated haha. I miss camping out for consoles. But now we got the internet pre-order system with online stores :bouncy:

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']they have always been up on amazon seeing other sellers are allowed to sell them.[/QUOTE]
There wasn't a page up last time I looked. Granted that was when everyone else first started taking preorders, but still...

I still can't convince myself to buy one. This will be the first console launch I've missed since the Dreamcast. Guess I was bound to break my streak eventually.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']ijustine is the most annoying person ever. hated her on jtv and hate her on youtube. She just recent started to do video game videos on her youtube page seeeing she found out it was huge money maker[/QUOTE]

I fucking hate that bitch.

Shes IWhore.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Ah, nice. Thanks for the clarification. A charge dock makes the deal alone.

So you can't charge the controller with the basic bundle at all? You have to buy a separate accessory? Like the 360 controller? Aww crap. That sucks.

I do have a Deluxe for pickup at Wal-Mart, but as a backup since I know it will fall through I have a basic bundle shipping to me. I didn't realize the cradle was for charging. I'm not a freakin' noob either, so I have no idea how I missed that!

Oh wait, the controller has an AC adapter. SO I guess there is still hope for me yet.[/QUOTE]

You can charge the controller in the basic bundle. The dock just acts as a pass-through for the standard USB charging cable.

[quote name='skiizim']Twinkies may become a valuable commodity to a few pretty soon. ='( I was sad when wonderbread disappeared and now this. Hopefully they won't be missing in action for too long but we will see.[/QUOTE]

saw a report on the news just now that the mexican company Bimbo has expressed interest in purchasing Hostess

[quote name='Chrono Gear']There wasn't a page up last time I looked. Granted that was when everyone else first started taking preorders, but still...

I still can't convince myself to buy one. This will be the first console launch I've missed since the Dreamcast. Guess I was bound to break my streak eventually.[/QUOTE]

so you camped for an xbox, wii and ps3? the ps3 launch was probably the most hectic and hardest to deal with. you literally had to camp two or three days ahead to snag one.

[quote name='henry00x']saw a report on the news just now that the mexican company Bimbo has expressed interest in purchasing Hostess[/QUOTE]

I hoped that would happen, when hostess sold off it's wonderbread brand Bimbo bought it out.

[quote name='darkskill']Waiting for some EST people to report how things go at Walmart for the midnight pick up.. I pre-ordered but I just don't know if I have to wait until tomorrow or not.[/QUOTE]
I called my 24/7 Walmart to see what they were doing and they are selling them at midnight. Apparently there was only about 10 people waiting at around 10PM.

[quote name='skiizim']I hoped that would happen, when hostess sold off it's wonderbread brand Bimbo bought it out.[/QUOTE]
The first time I saw a bimbo bread commercial, I couldn't stop thinking about how terrible of a name that was.

[quote name='Alucard400']so you camped for an xbox, wii and ps3? the ps3 launch was probably the most hectic and hardest to deal with. you literally had to camp two or three days ahead to snag one.[/QUOTE]

I camped 4pm the afternoon before the midnight launch for PS3 and got one. :)

[quote name='skiizim']I hoped that would happen, when hostess sold off it's wonderbread brand Bimbo bought it out.[/QUOTE]

living in a world without twinkies just doesnt seem right to me, this whole thing reminds me of zombieland where the dude is on a mission to find twinkies but keeps coming across trucks filled with sno-balls instead lol

[quote name='Alucard400']so you camped for an xbox, wii and ps3? the ps3 launch was probably the most hectic and hardest to deal with. you literally had to camp two or three days ahead to snag one.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I've never camped. Preorder then walk in and pick up. What's the point of preordering if you have to camp to get it?

[quote name='henry00x']living in a world without twinkies just doesnt seem right to me, this whole thing reminds me of zombieland where the dude is on a mission to find twinkies but keeps coming across trucks filled with sno-balls instead lol[/QUOTE]

I know.

Might need to go on a Twinkee hunt.

I better not find fucking Sno-Balls.

[quote name='henry00x']saw a report on the news just now that the mexican company Bimbo has expressed interest in purchasing Hostess[/QUOTE]
i hope they do lol

I bought 4 boxes each of Twinkies, Ho Hos, Cupcakes, Suzie Q's, Chocodiles, two each of Vanilla Zingers and Chocolate Zingers, and one of Sno-balls yesterday lol. They were being clearanced out for $2 per box. I'm gonna save one empty box of each of them just for the hell of it.

[quote name='Pheee']I am surprised by the lack of midnight launches, Halo 4 and COD all had them, yet its soo quiet out there for a new Console release!!![/QUOTE]
It's a console made for casuals and children.
Neither of those demographics do midnight anything.

Why do you think Nintendo's launches are on weekends?

[quote name='Drclaw411']i hope they do lol

I bought 4 boxes each of Twinkies, Ho Hos, Cupcakes, Suzie Q's, Chocodiles, two each of Vanilla Zingers and Chocolate Zingers, and one of Sno-balls yesterday lol. They were being clearanced out for $2 per box. I'm gonna save one empty box of each of them just for the hell of it.[/QUOTE]

Twinkies are selling for about $50 a box on ebay.... some bigger lots are going for about a grand....don't know why ppl are paying that but some people are dumb. Hostess brands are going to get bought out so who can't wait 3 to 6 months for it to be repackage

I visited the Target store where I found my deluxe reservation card. I talked to two different managers. This is what I discovered:
- The first manager didn't even know Target did wii u reservation cards. He then changed it to, "you could use the card at any target", and then changed it to "it is first come,first served".
- I went back this morning hoping to find a manager who would also be working Sunday. He did not know how they would be handling the preorders. He had never even read the back of the card before. He also thought the card could be used at any store and did not know that the color on the card indicated which system was preordered.

I will go to my Target store around 6. I am not comfortable "camping out" by myself. Hopefully, everything will work out for us. I did order a white Mario bundle from Target online and it is marked as "shipped", but I would really prefer the deluxe version for my family.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']It's a console made for casuals and children.
Neither of those demographics do midnight anything.

Why do you think Nintendo's launches are on weekends?[/QUOTE]

But casuals make of the vast majority of the Halo and CoD fanbases. :lol:

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']But casuals make of the vast majority of the Halo and CoD fanbases. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thats the part that cracks me up. Guys who started gaming this gen don't realize that COD and Halo are the definition of casual games.

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']so what is the deal with the best buy nintendo bag - first 50 peeps per store or is it only certain stores? What is in it? anyone know?[/QUOTE]

only midnight and nothing in the bag...

[quote name='Justamom']I visited the Target store where I found my deluxe reservation card. I talked to two different managers. This is what I discovered:
- The first manager didn't even know Target did wii u reservation cards. He then changed it to, "you could use the card at any target", and then changed it to "it is first come,first served".
- I went back this morning hoping to find a manager who would also be working Sunday. He did not know how they would be handling the preorders. He had never even read the back of the card before. He also thought the card could be used at any store and did not know that the color on the card indicated which system was preordered.

I will go to my Target store around 6. I am not comfortable "camping out" by myself. Hopefully, everything will work out for us. I did order a white Mario bundle from Target online and it is marked as "shipped", but I would really prefer the deluxe version for my family.[/QUOTE]

Well shit, I purchased a card as a backup. Like I said before, this seems to be a "fast pass" card instead of an actual hold on the system.

[quote name='Drclaw411']is anyone going to attempt a complete set of wii u games over the console's lifespan?[/QUOTE]

I never thought about that. Maybe I should start a checklist lol.

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']so what is the deal with the best buy nintendo bag - first 50 peeps per store or is it only certain stores? What is in it? anyone know?[/QUOTE]
Tell me more of this bag

[quote name='Drclaw411']is anyone going to attempt a complete set of wii u games over the console's lifespan?[/QUOTE]

Nah there will be too much shovel ware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back