Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tightclaws']Go to to target instead get 1 get %50 off 1 or buy 2 get half off 1 however you want to call it.[/QUOTE]

I thought Target was Buy 2 Get 1 at 50% off, which would mean you would buy 2 at full price and get the 3rd at 50%. Am I wrong?

[quote name='tightclaws']Go to to target instead get 1 get %50 off 1 or buy 2 get half off 1 however you want to call it.[/QUOTE]

toysrus deal is better.. TRU is b1g1 40% off (20% discount)
target is b2g150% off (16.66% discount) plus you have to find 3 games you want over just 2

unless you have a redcard then the savings are about the same.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']You're a dirtbag[/QUOTE]

How so? Either way someone is going to wind up with this wii u. Either from me through ebay or from walmart when I return if it doesnt sell in the next 5 days.

Love the holier than though sect on CAG, cracks me up.

[quote name='biggie2123']Bestbuy.com has the option of doing an in-store pickup for the Pro controllers. I got 3 from where I will be picking up my Wii U tomorrow. This has been the easiest Console Launch I've experienced.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up on the controllers! I'll say the same about the console launch if Target's preorder cards go smoothly. Some comments on here have me nervous.

to anybody that is selling it for $450 bucks on ebay you are not smart at all. do the math its 349.99 before tax. then you have to pay ebay seller fees, then you have to pay for shipping if what you charge on ebay wont cover the whole thing. so with time spent and money paid just to sell it and get it to your buyer youre not making as much as you think.

[quote name='kilik64']How so? Either way someone is going to wind up with this wii u. Either from me through ebay or from walmart when I return if it doesnt sell in the next 5 days.

Love the holier than though sect on CAG, cracks me up.[/QUOTE]

yeah it is pretty funny. I don't know why people are so pissy that I sell wii u's so I can have one for myself. Its not like I don't play video games.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']you would be shocked how much people will pay if this system is hard to find for months on end. just ask ps3 flippers.[/QUOTE]

yes but for now it doesn't look like it will be harder to get..but we will see. Ofcourse if they stop sending shipments the price will increase then you could make $10k from 25 consoles.. but I doubt this will be that hard to get before christmas.

So I just saw the thread where you can trade in a slim ps3 for $150 towards a Wii u at best buy. Will best buy have some Wii u's tomorrow for ppl who didn't preorder? Will there be a line or something for ppl didn't preorder?

[quote name='MPORTtheBEAST']to anybody that is selling it for $450 bucks on ebay you are not smart at all. do the math its 349.99 before tax. then you have to pay ebay seller fees, then you have to pay for shipping if what you charge on ebay wont cover the whole thing. so with time spent and money paid just to sell it and get it to your buyer youre not making as much as you think.[/QUOTE]

450.00 is to low.. About 500 is what you should get for a deluxe on avrg and don't say getting 500 for one + shipping is hardly any money and waste of time in the end.

Especially since most of us have 10+ of these.

[quote name='MPORTtheBEAST']to anybody that is selling it for $450 bucks on ebay you are not smart at all. do the math its 349.99 before tax. then you have to pay ebay seller fees, then you have to pay for shipping if what you charge on ebay wont cover the whole thing. so with time spent and money paid just to sell it and get it to your buyer youre not making as much as you think.[/QUOTE]

299.99 if you got the basic like me. 330 after tax basically. 450 minus fees puts it right around 100 profit.

Started mine at 499.99 and will drop after a couple of days if no bids.

For roughly an hour of my time, 100 bucks aint bad.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Any idea what the update does?[/QUOTE]

I think I read somewhere earlier that it applies a patch that enables play of Wii games. Not sure what else is included.

yea update is apparently like a gig plus, most reports say over and hour to do it.

even after that i dont think it has netflix, amazon, etc working.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']my walmart opens at 6am but i'm too excited to sleep.. need to sleep... I just hope the layaway opens the same time as the store...[/QUOTE]

layway doesn't open till 9am

Walked into WalMart at 12:10 and picked up a deluxe without a preorder. We have a giant Wal-Mart in a relatively small town; not sure why they got so much stock. There were maybe half a dozen people who picked up preorders.

Updating now. Probably just going to go to bed rather than wait for it.

[quote name='Tiako']450.00 is to low.. About 500 is what you should get for a deluxe on avrg and don't say getting 500 for one + shipping is hardly any money and waste of time in the end.

Especially since most of us have 10+ of these.[/QUOTE]

holy crap 10+??? damn wish i had some money to invest

[quote name='kilik64']yea update is apparently like a gig plus, most reports say over and hour to do it.

even after that i dont think it has netflix, amazon, etc working.[/QUOTE]

that stuff has been delayed till sometime in december

[quote name='MPORTtheBEAST']holy crap 10+??? damn wish i had some money to invest[/QUOTE]

This stuff makes me laugh... I mean, actually most of us buy ONE system to you know...PLAY. Flipping consoles is just evil. Lol

Called a 24hr Walmart at 930. They said they had 7 but no break down and no line so i drove over and got there at 10. I'm 2nd/3rd in line. The guy in front of me is just there along with his friend but is entertaining the idea of buying one to resell it. So I'm nervous. I hope the break down is majority deluxe. If its basic and I don't get one... Oh well. 2 hours wasn't a huge waste of time.

Exactly...if you buy the Deluxe for $349.99 plus say 7% tax = $374.49

Sell at Fixed Price Listing for $450 with free shipping = $24.00 ebay fees, approximately $13.00 paypal fees and at least $15 to ship it = NET around $37 profit...

[quote name='kilik64']How so? Either way someone is going to wind up with this wii u. Either from me through ebay or from walmart when I return if it doesnt sell in the next 5 days.

Love the holier than though sect on CAG, cracks me up.[/QUOTE]

Don't sweat the internet commies. If you can make a buck, do it. If you're not, you're being a fool. There are plenty of people who are more than happy to pay more for a Wii U and not have to camp out for it in the cold. There's nothing wrong with providing a service for those people. If they don't like it, they don't have to buy it.

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']This stuff makes me laugh... I mean, actually most of us buy ONE system to you know...PLAY. Flipping consoles is just evil. Lol[/QUOTE]

What hardcore gamer wants to play a Wii U? Six months from now people will be tired of the new gimmicks and will not be able to wait for the next real consoles to launch. Nintendo still hasnt gotten online mulitplayer right, and its too little too late to compete with psn and xbl.

It's the wii all over again. Great for casuals, ignored by real "gamers"

Just my opinion, but we'll all see how it shakes out.

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']This stuff makes me laugh... I mean, actually most of us buy ONE system to you know...PLAY. Flipping consoles is just evil. Lol[/QUOTE]

Its not evil.. Do you consider people who buy a box of NES games at garage sales for few bucks and turn around to ebay the box for 100 bucks?

[quote name='charlescheese']Don't sweat the internet commies. If you can make a buck, do it. If you're not, you're being a fool. There are plenty of people who are more than happy to pay more for a Wii U and not have to camp out for it in the cold. There's nothing wrong with providing a service for those people. If they don't like it, they don't have to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true free market capitalist. :)

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']This update is KILLING me!!!!! I just wanna play already![/QUOTE]

No kidding. Mine's about 2/3rds done and it's been about 45 minutes.

Other than my Best Buy Midnight launch being incredibly slow everything went smooth. Mine apparently had plenty to go around. I had mine pre-ordered so i showed up at 11:40 and just stood in line. Probably 75 total people in line only 10% or so with pre-orders. 15-20 probably showed up after me but were only able to get basic units. They only let 5 people in at a time so i didn't even walk out until 1:10. And now I am waiting for Paint to dry.

8194666485_0052c167b3_c.jpg

[quote name='kilik64']What hardcore gamer wants to play a Wii U? Six months from now people will be tired of the new gimmicks and will not be able to wait for the next real consoles to launch. Nintendo still hasnt gotten online mulitplayer right, and its too little too late to compete with psn and xbl.

Just my opinion, but we'll all see how it shakes out.[/QUOTE]

I consider myself a hard core gamer and I plan on buying and playing Wii U. If you need further proof, just compare my gamer score on 360 to yours. ;)

[quote name='kilik64']What hardcore gamer wants to play a Wii U? Six months from now people will be tired of the new gimmicks and will not be able to wait for the next real consoles to launch. Nintendo still hasnt gotten online mulitplayer right, and its too little too late to compete with psn and xbl.

I love it when people throw the terms "real gamers" or "hardcore gamers" around like they're in some elitist group. I plan on purchasing and playing the hell out of my Wii U, guess I'm not a "real gamer" huh? :roll:

Hooked up my deluxe, tried to connect to the wifi, it can see my network but not connect even if I remove all security. System has locked up hard (to the point I had to unplug it) twice with Black Ops 2.

Guess I'm calling Nintendo when they open tomorrow.

[quote name='GoodbyeSoberDay']I consider myself a hard core gamer and I plan on buying and playing Wii U. If you need further proof, just compare my gamer score on 360 to yours. ;)[/QUOTE]

true most hardcore gamers want every game system

yeah true i want my wii u so when my girlfriend wants to watch her shows i can say okay hold on and switch it to my tablet screen :lol:

[quote name='GoodbyeSoberDay']I consider myself a hard core gamer and I plan on buying and playing Wii U. If you need further proof, just compare my gamer score on 360 to yours. ;)[/QUOTE]

Send me a private msg 6 months from now and tell me how you still love your wii u ;)

And gamerscore is a great way to compare how "hardcore" you are...

[quote name='Namerson']I love it when people throw the terms "real gamers" or "hardcore gamers" around like they're some elitist group.[/QUOTE]

I consider the term "hard core gamer" to be more synonymous with the level of commitment to gaming and, in some cases, the types of games that are played and to what extent they are played.

After the first update bar fills there is a second one. It doesn't take as long though. Maybe 15 minutes for the second one.

And when you put Nintendoland in it has to update also. Not long though.

[quote name='Octopod']After the first update bar fills there is a second one. It doesn't take as long though. Maybe 15 minutes for the second one.[/QUOTE]

How long has it taken you total? And what speed internet do you have?

Went to Walmart to get my preordered one about 11 and there were about 8 people total there, with the longest time being since 11 am. The staff in electronics were totally clueless and said that they had 4 of each in to sell and that those of us who put it in layaway would have to come back at 9 am as they had not planned for it. After a fight almost broke out and the manager threatened to call the police on a guy, then they drop this bomb on us.

I made it clear their ad had stated preorders could be picked up at 12:01 and that I wasn't leaving without one. There was another preorder there and when I went to make my case he went with me. Once I dropped the false advertising threat the manager got nice really quick and told us she would take care of us. Unfortunately they only had SMB, Just Dance, AC3 and BOPS2 so no ZombiU which bummed my new buddy out but I was happy to get my system and get out alive as the hostile hobo stayed lurking around the department.

Now if only the damn thing would update!!

[quote name='Midnight Express']Exactly...if you buy the Deluxe for $349.99 plus say 7% tax = $374.49

Sell at Fixed Price Listing for $450 with free shipping = $24.00 ebay fees, approximately $13.00 paypal fees and at least $15 to ship it = NET around $37 profit...[/QUOTE]

7% taxes??? wish i lived where you do i pay almost 10% sales tax. live in the suburbs outside of chicago so everything is expensive :whistle2:(

[quote name='kilik64']Send me a private msg 6 months from now and tell me how you still love your wii u ;)

And gamerscore is a great way to compare how "hardcore" you are...[/QUOTE]

I'll be sure to do that...and I'm glad we agree about the comparison (minus your sarcasm of course)

I guess this hardcore gamer wants to play the Wii U... And even when the new Xbox and PlayStation release, this will be a good console. This system is definitely powerful enough to make some amazing Exclusives. I can't wait for them to release. I also can't wait for the other new systems to launch. I guess I'm one real "gamer" that likes and enjoys the Wii U...

[quote name='kilik64']How long has it taken you total? And what speed internet do you have?[/QUOTE]

I have Fios so my line is decently fast. The two bars took me I would guess an hour or a bit more.

I'm getting 21 down according to speed test right now. Nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back