Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Davivascaino']Why not? It is an ad, so they should right?[/QUOTE]

I'm was just wondering since its not a defined price. I know Walmart doesn't price match these type a deals last time I checked. Best Buy did price match Target Buy two get one free deals when the Vita launched earlier so they will most likely match this offer. I hope they do at least. =)

Went last night at midnight to get my Walmart preorder and got it no problem. My Walmart only got 16 Deluxes with 11 preordered and only a couple basics. It worked out so smooth, I know where I am going to do the Xbox 720 and PS4 purchases in the future if I miss Amazon preorder or whatever to save on tax.

[quote name='Metal Militia']I'm was just wondering since its not a defined price. I know Walmart doesn't price match these type a deals last time I checked. Best Buy did price match Target Buy two get one free deals when the Vita launched earlier so they will most likely match this offer. I hope they do at least. =)[/QUOTE]
I thought they weren't price matching this week.

Well, I'll finally be able to pick up my Wii U in about three hours, so I guess I should take a nap until then. I couldn't sleep, so I've just been playing Brutal Legend and looking at naked fat ladies for the last couple of hours.

My online Walmart order shipped with an expected delivery date of Monday. Not too shabby at all. Thank you to all those involved in the thread helping others find online pre-orders.

set my alarm for 6, drove over to walmart and sat in my car till they opened the doors at 7.. i was the second person in line in electronics, and got the 2nd of 3 deluxe. the guy told us thats all they got, but he might have been holding out because the lady behind me was already talking about buying a few of them.(he originally said they had 6)

took them about 10 min to find the key to unlock the stock cart thing but other than that, smooth sailing. updating now.

also , apparently spending $400 at walmart at 7am makes your credit card company suspicious. had a fraud alert email waiting for me when i got home :lol:

I checked out the closest Wal-Mart last night a little after 11 because Gamestop decided to skip any early opening or midnight launch.

I went to the layaway to find 4 people in line, who had apparently been there for 6 hours already. I was told by an employee who happened to be close by that there were 5 systems, 3 deluxe and 2 basics. I was just in time to get the last basic model, but one of the guys in line told me we could "make a deal" for his deluxe model. I guess I'll never know what that meant, as I perhaps wisely decided to wait for Gamestop to open this morning to go get my Deluxe. Come on 11 AM!

i stayed at a friends house that lives by a target and tried my luck this morning...

i was there around 6:30 waiting in my car catching up on comics (that avengers vs x-men event could have ended better...). the next person didnt show up until around 7:20. (store opens at 8). when they opened, the lady said they had 8 but didnt know anything about models. she also didnt know anything about preorders. guy #7 in the line had a preorder card and all she had for him was that 'deer in the headlights look.'

all in all, only about 9 or 10 people showed up and i walked away with a deluxe 32gb. im still not even sure if i want this, but i figured its better to at least have the option to have one.

Went past 2 targets at 7:45 and there were only 2 to 5 people in each line. Walked in at 8 and got my deluxe. Saving $17 with the redcard was a plus.

Checked local targets at around 7:15, both had about 10 people in line, so i went down the road to walmart around 7:30 to see they had opened at 7, walked in not expecting to get a system but they had 1 deluxe left and a couple basic bundles. Picked up the deluxe, about to start it up.

Just got mine from Target. There weren't as many people as I thought, and there were also games-a-plenty available.

PS. If you can't get your Deluxe anywhere else, TRY MICRO CENTER (if there is one near you).

My Target experience was painless. Glad I did the pre-order at a Target that doesn't have much traffic. I was surprised that they were handing out tickets and still had some when I got there at 7:55 (I think they handed out 5 tickets...15 consoles for a slow store isn't bad). They had the pre-order ones behind the counter as promised. No receipt required, as there shouldn't be (the card says nothing about having a receipt). I dunno what's up with you guys and your Target's requiring a receipt.

Other notable sales: TMNT Blu-Ray trilogy for $9.99 and Super Man I, II (Richard Donner Cut), and Super Man Returns combined on Blu-Ray for $9.99. Sweet!

Also, as I'm setting this thing up, my unit came with two scratches on the side. Also, the default language was Spanish. Weird...whatever, the scratches were on the bottom and I actually prefer that this thing lays down. Slides right underneath the TV.

Got to Target bout 7:55am saw 12 people in line, they all ran to electronics so the employees started to bring the Wiis out from the back and ringing people up. I realized they were just regular customers without preorders so I had to speak up and get mine since I was at the end of the line. I feel bad for the other 9 preorder people that wasnt at this location this morning.

holy hell, i went into a toysrus and they had 60 deluxe and about 120 basic models. While only having 12 people in line. I got the buy 1 get 1 40% discount w/ the pro controller. Crazy. now to cancel all these walmart orders.

[quote name='mythus']holy hell, i went into a toysrus and they had 60 deluxe and about 120 basic models. While only having 12 people in line. I got the buy 1 get 1 40% discount w/ the pro controller. Crazy. now to cancel all these walmart orders.[/QUOTE]

Can you use the pro controller as the second game and get 40% off?

I walked into Walmart richland, ms with no preorder or waiting in line and got a deluxe unit in five minutes. They had a few left if your in the area.

this question probably only exists because im on 2 hours of sleep, but where the heck is the club nintendo card?

or is it just the system registration that awards the points and there is no actual cn card?

[quote name='smoger']this question probably only exists because im on 2 hours of sleep, but where the heck is the club nintendo card?

or is it just the system registration that awards the points and there is no actual cn card?[/QUOTE]

For a console, you just register the serial.

[quote name='Davivascaino']Why not? It is an ad, so they should right?[/QUOTE]

Because it's a bundle deal and BBY doesn't PM bundle deals. This is YMMV though, and some managers will do it.

[quote name='fazzle']Only place I was able to find Wii Us was at KMart, had a bunch of basic but no deluxes, so I passed[/QUOTE]

thats so weird. they only had the basic models advertised in their flyer this week.. maybe all of their deluxe models were sent to sears where prices are higher

[quote name='Byakurai']For a console, you just register the serial.[/QUOTE]

thanks!

[quote name='dennisb407']What's that noise??

Oh that's just the sound of ebay Wii prices falling lol[/QUOTE]

I really want to see this happen. I would love to get a complete-in-box Wii for

[quote name='Byakurai']For a console, you just register the serial.[/QUOTE]

Not true. They actually want you to register your console by going through the registration system via Wii U. I checked.

weird.. the update was running for about 30 minutes, and when i went back and looked at the progress it was only at 20%. then literally 2 minutes later its up to 61%

[quote name='ProppaT']My Target experience was painless. Glad I did the pre-order at a Target that doesn't have much traffic. I was surprised that they were handing out tickets and still had some when I got there at 7:55 (I think they handed out 5 tickets...15 consoles for a slow store isn't bad). They had the pre-order ones behind the counter as promised. No receipt required, as there shouldn't be (the card says nothing about having a receipt). I dunno what's up with you guys and your Target's requiring a receipt.

Other notable sales: TMNT Blu-Ray trilogy for $9.99 and Super Man I, II (Richard Donner Cut), and Super Man Returns combined on Blu-Ray for $9.99. Sweet!

Also, as I'm setting this thing up, my unit came with two scratches on the side. Also, the default language was Spanish. Weird...whatever, the scratches were on the bottom and I actually prefer that this thing lays down. Slides right underneath the TV.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they should require a receipt. Its the only thing that shows the store's number and address and the fact that it was indeed purchased there. Someone who preordered correctly could get screwed out of their preorder if someone who got a card in another store comes in and takes it. Not very fair.

Got ZombiU and Mario from Toys R Us......I told my NewEgg order of ZombiU to cancel earlier and now it looks like they shipped it anyway, does anyone know how easy it is to return a game to them?

this thread has been all kinds of lulz with these preorder stories thanks for not dissappointing.

well i got mine at gamestop(yay midnight release)....now just need those newegg games to get here...

well after a marathon update and having to reset my password because it wouldnt take my password for some reason it kept saying it was invalid. i tried wii to wii u system transfer and that wont work. gets to 68% and crashes. im not sure if its certain files or what? as ive deleted some files of old games i dont own anymore that it stopped on at 68% it seems to help it go faster but it still locks out and says system access memory error

anyone else have this issue?

as i'd really love to retire the wii.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Got ZombiU and Mario from Toys R Us......I told my NewEgg order of ZombiU to cancel earlier and now it looks like they shipped it anyway, does anyone know how easy it is to return a game to them?[/QUOTE]
Zombie U is trash, rethink your purchase

[quote name='MoCiWe']Got ZombiU and Mario from Toys R Us......I told my NewEgg order of ZombiU to cancel earlier and now it looks like they shipped it anyway, does anyone know how easy it is to return a game to them?[/QUOTE]

You can't return games to newegg. I've tried to before.

Just return the sealed copy of Zombie U from newegg to TRU.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Zombie U is trash, rethink your purchase[/QUOTE]

I watched an 18 minute gameplay video of it and it looked pretty cool.

I can't wait to pick up mine in a little over 3 hours!! I am enjoying the stories so far, but mostly ones that barely got their console. Congrats in getting one and good luck to the rest who are scouring to OWN one!!

just got my 2 basics at target

no hassle at all

thinking about returning the 2nd one though since there is no like profit to be made on it

These Target stories are looking pretty good. I was afraid I'd have to go early even though I have a preorder card. Now I can enjoy my coffee and head out in about 30mins. :)

i had to hunt down mario because only one toyrus got it within like 50 miles of my home

the bogo 40% off is the best deal going for games

I was hoping Gamestop would have done a midnight release, but nope. Now, I have to wait for 3 more hours. The plan for today was wake up early to work on school work, workout at 10, head to Gamestop afterwards, set the system up, leave the system to update, watch Cowboys game. Hopefully, by halftime, the update should be done and I can start that transfer thing.

I said plan because....I haven't started doing any school work yet, unless you count opening the book a start.

[quote name='Bio0022']Anyone else who ordered from gamestop.com when they check ups status A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Kinda worried hasn't updated I ordered it with 1 day shipping.[/QUOTE]

My overnight order from Gamestop says this on UPS

Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 11/19/2012, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)
Last Location:
Departed - Louisville, KY, United States, Saturday, 11/17/2012

Maybe you should call?

[quote name='metsfan1545d']i had to hunt down mario because only one toyrus got it within like 50 miles of my home

the bogo 40% off is the best deal going for games[/QUOTE]

It's like a real life version of Mario Chase.

Seriously though, of all the games, how do you not stock Mario?

[quote name='Rockym']Actually, they should require a receipt. Its the only thing that shows the store's number and address and the fact that it was indeed purchased there. Someone who preordered correctly could get screwed out of their preorder if someone who got a card in another store comes in and takes it. Not very fair.[/QUOTE]

No, they should design their pre-orders better and have unique barcodes that are red into the system...or have identification numbers on the top and bottom of the pre-sale card that are retained and matched up at the point of purchase. Had the card said "RETAIN RECEIPT" on it, by all means, the receipt should be required. But it didn't and nothing in the store indicated it, so you can't expect people to hold onto a piece of paper no one told them to hold onto. I agree it's kinda crappy that people are probably going to end up picking up their pre-orders at different Targets and messing the system up, but the onus should not be placed on the consumer because corporate screwed the pooch.

In other words, that's why people with pre-sales should have gotten to the store as the doors opened to get any potential issues like this resolved before some flipper with 5 presale cards from different stores shows up to try and claim them all in one fell swoop.

Got extremely lucky (didnt have a preorder at my local TRU), but thanx to my sis and brother in law who got there super early and were 1st in line, they held my spot, and I got a Deluxe !! Wow, Im grateful !!! They had a poor selection of games tho, so got Mario at Kmart and still need to hunt down Zombi U.

Good luck to everyone else, hoep you all get lucky also !!

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Zombie U is trash, rethink your purchase[/QUOTE]

I watched the QuickLook of it before and thought it looked decent, plus there's not a lot of other games that I'm getting for the Wii U right now.

[quote name='bigsick']You can't return games to newegg. I've tried to before.[/QUOTE]

This sucks if true :/

[quote name='screwkick']Just return the sealed copy of Zombie U from newegg to TRU.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if that would work with the B1G1 40% off they have right now, the receipt has ZombiU labeled as 35.99 since the discount came off of it.

Got to TRU at 8am this morning and went into the VG dept. There was a pretty long line of walk-ins already with tickets. One of the sales people told me to get in the line even though I had a preorder. I was a bit annoyed but a few minutes later, another salesperson came along and pulled me and a lady who also had a preorder out of line and brought us right up to the counter.

I let the woman go first and helped her pick out what she needed for multiplayer games with the system since she said she didn't have a Wii. She almost got a pro controller but I told her NintendoLand and NSMBU didn't use it and to get the remote and nunchuk combo instead.

Then it was my turn and I got my Deluxe plus NSMBU and Epic Mickey 2 as well as a pro controller even though I couldn't use it right now.

My TRU seemed to have a lot of consoles since there were a lot of people in line that were given tickets and salespeople walking around with more tickets. So check your TRU if you are looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back