Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has already been asked but can you get Club Nintendo points for Wii U systems? Not seeing a PIN # in the box.

Edit: Tried using system serial # but not working.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Whaaaa? Isn't this covered in GameStop's return policy? fucking bullshit.[/QUOTE]Probably is but then where are they going to pull a new console out of?

[quote name='endgamer']is there a stylus ? i can't seem to find it in my box or anywhere[/QUOTE]
It should be in the Gamepad already. Near the R shoulder button.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Probably is but then where are they going to pull a new console out of?[/QUOTE]

How convenient, they don't have any consoles to replace the faulty one, and by the time they get replenishments the return policy would be null.

Contact Nintendo!!

[quote name='driftmr2']Sorry if this has already been asked but can you get Club Nintendo points for Wii U systems? Not seeing a PIN # in the box.

Edit: Tried using system serial # but not working.[/QUOTE]

When you link your Club Nintendo account for the Wii U, it shows up a few hours later on the site with a survey and your points after that.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']How convenient, they don't have any consoles to replace the faulty one, and by the time they get replenishments the return policy would be null.

Contact Nintendo!![/QUOTE]

I bet they would be helpful. Never heard anything bad about Nintendo CS, and.their consoles and hardware have a.rep for being so durable they will probably be interested to look into why it failed.

[quote name='gravel']It should be in the Gamepad already. Near the R shoulder button.[/QUOTE]

Does the gamepad headphone jack output in-game audio?

[quote name='gravel']It should be in the Gamepad already. Near the R shoulder button.[/QUOTE]

ahh im a moron! haha thanks man :D

9:30 am (BB is supposed to open at 11, doesn't look like they will open early). No one else in line. Hoping to get a deluxe, when I talked to them Friday they told me there would be extras of both deluxe and basic for non-preorders. Also as i was posting this an employee I know who just walked by just confirmed there would be extas so looks like I'm set :D good luck to anyone getting their consoles today!!

[quote name='endgamer']ahh im a moron! haha thanks man :D[/QUOTE]

Actually glad you asked about it. I didn't see it either until you asked.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Does the gamepad headphone jack output in-game audio?[/QUOTE]
I'm in the middle of downloading the system update now that I got the network issue sorted out. If no one else has answered, I'll post what I find later. Also, for anyone having similar issues connecting to Wi-Fi, this is what I did, and it worked on my end.

i love the system but its a little absurd how much extra shit you need to fully utilize it

you need the gamepad
pro controller
wii remote
nunchuck
classic controller (virtual console)

They ended up giving me a rechargable battery kit to use at the moment until my replacement comes. It works fine, so the issue was the cable for sure.

Really dumb for Nintendo to not retail these at launch date considering how important they are.

Picked up my pre-ordered units today at Walmart a couple of hours after opening, couldn't have gone more smoothly. They said they only had enough left in to fill layaway pre-orders when one employee asked another if they had ones out for sale too. Apparrently the non-layway, normal-sale ones sold out basically instantly at opening.It took a minute or so to process my receipts, then they left for 5 minutes or so and brought the Wii U Deluxe units out to me. Mine were set aside in a back room and had labels on them when they were brought out. I asked them if they could bag 'em and they did so with double bags for easy carrying.

I really want to keep one still but it wouldn't make financial sense :p , but I do plan to buy one again later.

[quote name='driftmr2']Sorry if this has already been asked but can you get Club Nintendo points for Wii U systems? Not seeing a PIN # in the box.

Edit: Tried using system serial # but not working.[/QUOTE]
There is a link in Club Nintendo for Register a Product. Enter your serial number there, and you get these instructions:
To register your Wii U system, link your Club Nintendo account to your Wii U. Then come back to Club Nintendo and complete the registration survey to earn 160 Coins.

I had a pre-ordered deluxe set at Best Buy, but I wanted to avoid some of the crowd so I decided to check out Target and Frys this morning to pick up some accessories. This is in North Austin btw.

Went to Target around 8:15 am and they had just sold their last console. They had 20 systems but held 10 back for preorders and had 5 deluxe and 5 basic for walk-ins. The gaming employee said that some guy had camped out since 6:00 pm yesterday, and the next set of people showed up at 6:00 am this morning. Picked up a eShop card and a Seagate external hard drive and left.

Got to Frys around 8:50 am, line of about 8 people or so. Let us in early and people made a beeline to the gaming area. Turns out this location only had about 8 or so basic sets and no deluxe sets. The deluxe sets they had were for people who had pre-ordered. People got angry because they had called last night and was told that they had some deluxe sets available for walk-ins. Also in regard to the basic sets, they sold them in bundle form only, with Nintendo Land, Mario Bros. U, and a Nyko Remote and Nunchuk set for 450 dollars plus tax. Some people left and a few people ended up buying the expensive bundle. I tried to give people info on storage options and the differences between the two systems. Didn't have any screen protectors for the gamepad so I left.

Got to Best Buy around 9:50 am, and there was a line about 30 people deep. The employees were handing out tickets for deluxe systems and I'd say they still had about 5 or so left after they opened. They directed all people who pre-ordered to the customer service area where they had all of our systems on a cart and all walk-ins to the Wii U section of the store. I grabbed a screen protector from the Wii U section and then headed over to customer service to pick up my Deluxe set and my in store pickup of Mario Bros. U and a Pro controller. The entire process was painless and I was out in 15 minutes. They had a boatload of games and accessories available for purchase as well. It was also funny too because there were a few people in line that had no idea the Wii U came out today or what it was, they had just come to do normal shopping.

So in closing, seemed like it was relatively easy to get a Wii U here, not too many people were waiting around unlike when the Wii came out and I had to camp at Walmart for 17 hours to get one.

Wow so.... fuck Sears. I was there around 1130 (they open at noon) and went in as soon as they opened and went upstairs to electronics. there was 1 guy ahead of me, but they had Deluxes in stock! We both went to order one, and they rang it up..and an error popped up. Managers came over, had no idea what to do to get rid of the error. They called the corporate help number to figure out how to sell these damn Wii Us, and got told they weren't ALLOWED to, since they only got two in stock and needed to keep them for Black Friday.

Seriously what the hell? I'd be fine if they were sold out, but intentionally holding back merch that's PROMINENTLY displayed in your flyer? I hate going to the mall anyway, and they've just given me another reason to not go there.

Just grabbed my GameStop preorder and it's currently downloading the gargantuan launch update. My GS experience was stellar: each system was numbered and they had a booklet of all the serial numbers so they wouldn't lose track of anything. In and out in five minutes. :D

I'm kinda pissed that Nintendo Land doesn't come with a Club Nintendo code but whatevs.

So for this Digital Deluxe thing...is it automatic or is there some code that I have to redeem?

[quote name='metsfan1545d']i love the system but its a little absurd how much extra shit you need to fully utilize it

you need the gamepad
pro controller
wii remote
nunchuck
classic controller (virtual console)[/QUOTE]
I agree, but I had most of that already, and I picked up a Pro Controller this morning even though I don't need it yet (only have Nintendo Land and NSMBU).

[quote name='fazzle']Wow so.... fuck Sears. I was there around 1130 (they open at noon) and went in as soon as they opened and went upstairs to electronics. there was 1 guy ahead of me, but they had Deluxes in stock! We both went to order one, and they rang it up..and an error popped up. Managers came over, had no idea what to do to get rid of the error. They called the corporate help number to figure out how to sell these damn Wii Us, and got told they weren't ALLOWED to, since they only got two in stock and needed to keep them for Black Friday.

Seriously what the hell? I'd be fine if they were sold out, but intentionally holding back merch that's PROMINENTLY displayed in your flyer? I hate going to the mall anyway, and they've just given me another reason to not go there.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Just grabbed my GameStop preorder and it's currently downloading the gargantuan launch update. My GS experience was stellar: each system was numbered and they had a booklet of all the serial numbers so they wouldn't lose track of anything. In and out in five minutes. :D

I'm kinda pissed that Nintendo Land doesn't come with a Club Nintendo code but whatevs.

So for this Digital Deluxe thing...is it automatic or is there some code that I have to redeem?[/QUOTE]
That doesn't launch until December, but you will retro-actively get the 10% for anything bought after Nov. 18th. The information is on ddp.nintendo.com

[quote name='gravel']That doesn't launch until December, but you will retro-actively get the 10% for anything bought after Nov. 18th. The information is on ddp.nintendo.com[/QUOTE]

lol I just did see the URL on the front sticker...thanks!

[quote name='fazzle']Wow so.... fuck Sears. I was there around 1130 (they open at noon) and went in as soon as they opened and went upstairs to electronics. there was 1 guy ahead of me, but they had Deluxes in stock! We both went to order one, and they rang it up..and an error popped up. Managers came over, had no idea what to do to get rid of the error. They called the corporate help number to figure out how to sell these damn Wii Us, and got told they weren't ALLOWED to, since they only got two in stock and needed to keep them for Black Friday.

Seriously what the hell? I'd be fine if they were sold out, but intentionally holding back merch that's PROMINENTLY displayed in your flyer? I hate going to the mall anyway, and they've just given me another reason to not go there.[/QUOTE]

thats fucked up

so did anyone boxes come with sealed tape stickers or anything? Usually ever piece of hardware I've ever bought is sealed in some way (esp Sony products) This had not tape/stickers on either side and freely opened. Not sure if I should be concerned..don't want to get one of those scratched up, Spanish speaking consoles :lol:

Okay, so here is the summary of today so far:

1) If you preordered your console from a brick and mortar store (of which several more took preorders this time around) you had a 98% chance of being good to go.

2) If you showed up early (an hour or so) to a b&m, you probably faced a small line leading up to the store opening, in which case you most likely saw any extra systems (which tended to be not too many) snatched up by those in line. When you left the store, there may have been a handful of white consoles left and a few people that passed on settling for them.

3) If you hate flippers/scalpers, you're sure there will be plenty of consoles available quickly and you are already feeling victory in the air. You hope the second shipment hits right away.

4) If you are a flipper/scalper, you're a little nervous but pretty sure that in the next week or so people will catch on to what the Wii U is and demand will increase. You also hope your fellow scalpers hold onto their systems for at least 10 days. You wonder when another shipment will arrive and hope demand has shot up by then.

Although I think that there is a combo of uninformed people (what's a wii-u / is it an accessory) and some jaded Nintendo Wii (as a fad) owners, my question is this:

Where were all the Nintendo hardcore fans this morning? When the Wii hit there were tons of hungry (sometimes younger) fans, but this time around it felt like they didn't show up in droves. Did the knowledge of a possible shortage and a higher level of pre-orders help them get set up ahead of time instead of camping?

Fans and scalpers alike, it's in your best interest for the Wii U to be hot, as right now I'm not so sure it is off to a "hot" start.

I'm really impressed with the Wii U so far. I'm gonna go pick up NSMBU later today. I just wanna thank the CAG community for all the pre-order information, made the whole process very simple. Sorry for anybody who had to go through a hassle to get one. But that just makes it more fun, right? Nah, probably not. Nevermind.

[quote name='token2k6']so did anyone boxes come with sealed tape stickers or anything? Usually ever piece of hardware I've ever bought is sealed in some way (esp Sony products) This had not tape/stickers on either side and freely opened. Not sure if I should be concerned..don't want to get one of those scratched up, Spanish speaking consoles :lol:[/QUOTE]

the 2 i got were like that also

seems to be universal, probably some sort of green packaging thing by nintendo

Success! Went to Target at 750 and there were 10 people in line. They said they only had 12 units, including preorders, but I figured what the heck and waited. Of course they sold out before they got to me so I slowly made my way over to ToysRus.

Even though they had been open 20 minutes, i was the second to last person to buy a Basic model! And since Mario was the only game I wanted to buy, I actually saved money using the B1G1-40%.
Deluxe -350, plust 60 Mario- $410+tax
Basic - 300, 60mario, 36 Nintendoland - $396+tax.

Sure I'm missing out on the extra storage but since the WiiU is going to be my second gaming platform mostly for Family, not a huge deal breaker.

I picked up my 2 Wii Us this morning from BBY. It was a painless experience. The store had 10 Deluxe units when they opened. There were none remaining when I picked up mine at 11:00 a.m.

Picked up both of my pre-oorders. In and out of GameStop and Best Buy (across the street from each other) in under 30 minutes combined. GameStop said they had extras and were working off the wait list, but I swear the guy behind me just walked up and asked what they had and they sold him a deluxe. Best Buy has some bullish story about only being able to sell one per customer (pre-order or not) due to an agreement with Nintendo. Any body else hear this?

[quote name='dgwillia006']They ended up giving me a rechargable battery kit to use at the moment until my replacement comes. It works fine, so the issue was the cable for sure.

Really dumb for Nintendo to not retail these at launch date considering how important they are.[/QUOTE]

Pretty nice of GameStop.

It looks like the power plug is the same as the 3DS though?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Pretty nice of GameStop.

It looks like the power plug is the same as the 3DS though?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Ever so slightly bigger. >

For those of you interested, I passed by Target to see what they have. If you are only interested in picking up Scribblenauts they have it for $49.99 and it comes with a $10 giftcard.

Also, does anybody know what Gamestops return policy is for systems? I went to TRU when the store opened to take advantage of the b1g1 40% off. They happened to have a few extra Wii U Deluxe systems, so I picked it up in case a family member or friend who want's one and these do in fact become scarce could take it.

Originally Posted by klimb22
Picked up both of my pre-oorders. In and out of GameStop and Best Buy (across the street from each other) in under 30 minutes combined. GameStop said they had extras and were working off the wait list, but I swear the guy behind me just walked up and asked what they had and they sold him a deluxe. Best Buy has some bullish story about only being able to sell one per customer (pre-order or not) due to an agreement with Nintendo. Any body else hear this?

It doesn't matter what they tell you, they reserve the right to limit items per person.

[quote name='klimb22']Picked up both of my pre-oorders. In and out of GameStop and Best Buy (across the street from each other) in under 30 minutes combined. GameStop said they had extras and were working off the wait list, but I swear the guy behind me just walked up and asked what they had and they sold him a deluxe. Best Buy has some bullish story about only being able to sell one per customer (pre-order or not) due to an agreement with Nintendo. Any body else hear this?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter what they tell you, they reserve the right to limit items per person.

[quote name='skiizim']For those of you interested, I passed by Target to see what they have. If you are only interested in picking up Scribblenauts they have it for $49.99 and it comes with a $10 giftcard.

Also, does anybody know what Gamestops return policy is for systems? I went to TRU when the store opened to take advantage of the b1g1 40% off. They happened to have a few extra Wii U Deluxe systems, so I picked it up in case a family member or friend who want's one and these do in fact become scarce could take it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, great deal for Scribblenauts. Was that the only $10 off/$10GC offer game?

[quote name='skiizim']For those of you interested, I passed by Target to see what they have. If you are only interested in picking up Scribblenauts they have it for $49.99 and it comes with a $10 giftcard.

Also, does anybody know what Gamestops return policy is for systems? I went to TRU when the store opened to take advantage of the b1g1 40% off. They happened to have a few extra Wii U Deluxe systems, so I picked it up in case a family member or friend who want's one and these do in fact become scarce could take it.

It doesn't matter what they tell you, they reserve the right to limit items per person.[/QUOTE]

Bring a friend/wife/gf etc.

[quote name='Jello1996']It's like a real life version of Mario Chase.

Seriously though, of all the games, how do you not stock Mario?[/QUOTE]

My BB only got in 6 copies so I had to go w/ TRU. Of all release games Mario is the fame to get as many copies as possible.

[quote name='henry00x']anyone else getting an error message when trying to connect to nintendo server for update?[/QUOTE]

Could you possibly check real quick for me, to see if you can have the audio sent through the a/v cables? I'd really appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back