Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='henry00x']anyone else getting an error message when trying to connect to nintendo server for update?[/QUOTE]

I did initially but then it went through setting up my Mii. Once that was done, I was able to go back to the settings and start the update.

My local BBY had 10 units available to the public after the pre-orders. There were only 4 people in line when they opened. So someone could have gotten there after opening and grabbed one.

I was out of Gamestop at 9:03 this morning with my Deluxe Wii U and ZombiU, came home set it up, can't get a signal on my TV. Called Nintendo, turns out my Wii U is defected and needs to be sent in for repair, this has turned out to be the worst day. Now I'm going to have to wait at least a week to play it. Multiple people have been reporting this problem too.

[quote name='mgford11']Wow, great deal for Scribblenauts. Was that the only $10 off/$10GC offer game?[/QUOTE]

Epic Mickey was $49.99 compared to $59.99 at other stores, I didn't really pay attention to much of anything else. I went there mainly looking for Hori screen pads but it looks like Amazon is my only option.

Toys R' Us only carried the Power A screen protectors but I much prefer Hori.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Bring a friend/wife/gf etc.[/QUOTE]

This would be the exception but everybody doesn't think that way.

[quote name='zebwinz']Does anyone hear a rattling screw in the top right of their Gamepad? Kind of worried about it....[/QUOTE]

i have the same thing

Didn't reserve the wii U so checked my two local walmarts and all sold out. Then checked a nearby target and nothing, ended up going to check best buy last and they had 8 basics and 8 deluxe for anyone to pick up, got myself a Wii U Deluxe, then went to Toys R us to try get the B1G40%OFF but they had no NSMBU or Scribblenauts Unlimited Copies @_@. So just went back to Best Buy and got NSMBU only. >>

[quote name='Seerge666']I was out of Gamestop at 9:03 this morning with my Deluxe Wii U and ZombiU, came home set it up, can't get a signal on my TV. Called Nintendo, turns out my Wii U is defected and needs to be sent in for repair, this has turned out to be the worst day. Now I'm going to have to wait at least a week to play it. Multiple people have been reporting this problem too.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, but you can try returning it to GameStop and switching it out...
(prob won't be any extras though)

[quote name='zebwinz']Does anyone hear a rattling screw in the top right of their Gamepad? Kind of worried about it....[/QUOTE]

It's the four buttons. Put your finger on them and shake the gamepad, you won't hear the rattling.

[quote name='skiizim']For those of you interested, I passed by Target to see what they have. If you are only interested in picking up Scribblenauts they have it for $49.99 and it comes with a $10 giftcard.
[/QUOTE]

I saw the $49.99 price tag, but didn't see where it came with a $10 gift card. Was this posted somewhere?

[quote name='xt3rmin8']Didn't reserve the wii U so checked my two local walmarts and all sold out. Then checked a nearby target and nothing, ended up going to check best buy last and they had 8 basics and 8 deluxe for anyone to pick up, got myself a Wii U Deluxe, then went to Toys R us to try get the B1G40%OFF but they had no NSMBU or Scribblenauts Unlimited Copies @_@. So just went back to Best Buy and got NSMBU only. >>[/QUOTE]
Why didn't you get Best Buy to match the TRU offer? Go back!

I did the whole Target Buy 2 get one 50% off deal. I then went to customer service to return two of them (for the return value that is on the receipt when you do these package deals). The workers started telling me that what I was doing was fraud and illegal. (yea they used those words). because I was "intentionally taking advantage of this deal". They finally let me do it...but I thought the accusation of fraud was a bit ridiculous. I mean...what I did was perfectly within the rules...its not like the system needs an override or anything...its just a basic return...

[quote name='sharpeone']I saw the $49.99 price tag, but didn't see where it came with a $10 gift card. Was this posted somewhere?[/QUOTE]

It was one of those tags they hang next to the game, I will see if I can find anything somewhere on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I did the whole Target Buy 2 get one 50% off deal. I then went to customer service to return two of them (for the return value that is on the receipt when you do these package deals). The workers started telling me that what I was doing was fraud and illegal. (yea they used those words). because I was "intentionally taking advantage of this deal". They finally let me do it...but I thought the accusation of fraud was a bit ridiculous. I mean...what I did was perfectly within the rules...its not like the system needs an override or anything...its just a basic return...[/QUOTE]

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?[/QUOTE]

I think you've just had a stroke. Please seek medical attention.

Paid off my wii U at walmart layaway a week before, members here and at slickdeals told me I was screwed, but I had no problems picking up my Wii U. They only had enough to fulfill their preorders (which was only like 4). Saw some other people try to pick one up without a preorder but they were denied. They never got copies of NSMBU though =/. I'm too lazy to go out again so Ill just download it lol.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?[/QUOTE]

This is the worst fucking meme on the internet.

[quote name='mgford11']I think you've just had a stroke. Please seek medical attention.[/QUOTE]

I'm fine, I'm just responding to his comment filled with sheer stupidity with a comment of equal or higher stupidity.

My brain refuses to let me believe his comment otherwise.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I did the whole Target Buy 2 get one 50% off deal. I then went to customer service to return two of them (for the return value that is on the receipt when you do these package deals). The workers started telling me that what I was doing was fraud and illegal. (yea they used those words). because I was "intentionally taking advantage of this deal". They finally let me do it...but I thought the accusation of fraud was a bit ridiculous. I mean...what I did was perfectly within the rules...its not like the system needs an override or anything...its just a basic return...[/QUOTE]

So they let you keep the 3rd game for $29.99 + tax? Usually when they do a deal like that, the POS (Point Of Sale) computer should have adjusted it to about $49.99 for each game in order to prevent things like what you did from happening in the first place.

That Target store you did that at should be updating their system right away to prevent customers from doing what you did. Either that or they will post signs at each register and notify Customer Service to refuse partial returns involving the B2G1 half off deal.

What you did sounds a bit shady but if they let you get away with it, their loss.

im pretty pissed. the walmart over on crenshaw in l.a say they didn't get any in, and I already paid the layaway.

Well, hopefully I'll be playing mine next weekend. I pre-ordered mine online at TRU, but I moved since I pre-ordered it, and they apparently don't let you change anything about the order once you make it. It's being shipped to my parents' house, so hopefully it makes it there Wednesday so I can pick it up when I'm there for Thanksgiving, or I may have to wait until Christmas.

[quote name='||||||']im pretty pissed. the walmart over on crenshaw in l.a say they didn't get any in, and I already paid the layaway.[/QUOTE]

I live in Georgetown Texas, all of you in Austin will know where this is.

It is a very small town and they are sold out everywhere, this is the same town where right now I can walk in to best buy and purchase the collectors edition of halo 4, the loot chest edition of borderlands 2 (PS3), and walked in and bought the diablo 3 CE a week after it came out.

So I actually believe for re-sellers the price will go up after the initial rush of re-sellers sell theirs and black friday is over.

im returning my extra basic to the coral springs fl target if anyone wants it

bought an extra to resell but there is no profit to be made

Just got back from picking up the Deluxe version BB offered to hold for 2 hours had $255 in certificates and a $100 gift card all in all I'm happy feel like I just got a Wii U for free

[quote name='Deader2818']Yeah, I can't update either. I thought it was my net but I guess its the servers.[/QUOTE]
My connection dropped off a couple times while the update was downloading, it finally finished and is installing now. I'm sure the servers are overrun at this point, but at least the download picks up where it left off.

Ugh!! My gamepad keeps losing connectivity. Just spent 20 mins on the phone with Nintendo, resynced the gamepad. It worked for about 10 mins before connectivity issues started again. Now whenever I try to resync, the gamepad loses connectivity when I hit the sync button on the gamepad.

Am I the only one with this problem?

[quote name='Tiako']There very much is profit to be made.[/QUOTE]

when you factor in fees and shipping its not worth it

i could probably make 30-40 bucks but its not worth it when ebay is so bias against sellers and craigslist isnt safe

turns out a lot of the info I got from my local best buy was incorrect. there was no midnight launch. I was not planning to attend, but I found out this morning it did not happen.

also my basic wii-u was a preorder for in store pickup. it was not placed at customer service for in store pickup.

with all that said, everything worked out amazingly. I got there a little before 11, saw the display at the front. I thought they were empty boxes, but I was told they were the actual systems. I explain I had store pickup...I was told that all the preorders (only 2 for the entire store) had already been picked up. they were not aware of any online preorders.

this worked out well. they still had 10 deluxe and 6 basic left. I took the basic up and asked to cancel the order, and I got the deluxe instead. I then matched the toys r us deal. got mario bros, zombie u, nba 2k and assassins creed 3. I also used the triple points card I had received a couple of weeks earlier. along with the giftcard from some trade-ins over the last couple of weeks. out of pocket today I only dropped 180 dollars (rounding up).

the customer service at best buy could not have been any nicer and an experience like that, which could have been soured by the initial error was made right.

currently running the system update. can't wait to start playing.

edit...I am also trying to register the console. I keep entering the number on the back of the console, but the website continues to timeout. anyone else having this issue?

[quote name='lehviput']Ugh!! My gamepad keeps losing connectivity. Just spent 20 mins on the phone with Nintendo, resynced the gamepad. It worked for about 10 mins before connectivity issues started again. Now whenever I try to resync, the gamepad loses connectivity when I hit the sync button on the gamepad.

Am I the only one with this problem?[/QUOTE]

Try changing batteries

[quote name='lehviput']Ugh!! My gamepad keeps losing connectivity. Just spent 20 mins on the phone with Nintendo, resynced the gamepad. It worked for about 10 mins before connectivity issues started again. Now whenever I try to resync, the gamepad loses connectivity when I hit the sync button on the gamepad.

Am I the only one with this problem?[/QUOTE]

wow man thats concerning, it sounds like it might be defective, there have already been some stories of people having other issues, particularly the tuner signal inside the console that relays video to tv

I can't believe i got a deluxe at gamestop out of all places and for also being on the waitlist. Now I need to find a 2TB drive on sale.

[quote name='metsfan1545d']when you factor in fees and shipping its not worth it

i could probably make 30-40 bucks but its not worth it when ebay is so bias against sellers and craigslist isnt safe[/QUOTE]
craigslist is fine. meet in a public place, don't hand over the system until you get the money. don't get out of the car until you see the person you are selling to. if you don't put yourself in a position to get screwed, you likely will not.

hell, if you were that worried, meet in a mall or something, stick the system in a backpack, you know? or meet outside a police station.

Well, I picked up my Deluxe version that I bought this morning from Walmart's website. No hassles at all. Guy said only one person was there at midnight. However, there were no systems of either model in the case by now (2 p.m. EST).

FYI for those that have a copy of Nintendoland they don't really want, Gamestop TIV is $20 today. I got $28 for it after PUR and 30% for trading it towards NSMBU. It will probably be worthless pretty soon being a pack-in.

[quote name='henry00x']not for the basics IMO, the deluxe is where the profit is at[/QUOTE]

True, the basics do suck for the price. You get a 60 dollar game and tons more space with the deluxe for 50 more.

[quote name='Tiako']True, the basics do suck for the price. You get a 60 dollar game and tons more space with the deluxe for 50 more.[/QUOTE]

i went for the basic for 2 reasons

black shows way too much dust, and whether its 8gb or 32gb im still gonna need more storage so id rather have the cheaper one

[quote name='Jello1996']FYI for those that have a copy of Nintendoland they don't really want, Gamestop TIV is $20 today. I got $28 for it after PUR and 30% for trading it towards NSMBU. It will probably be worthless pretty soon being a pack-in.[/QUOTE]

I thought all new games have a min of 30 dollar trade in?

[quote name='Tiako']I thought all new games have a min of 30 dollar trade in?[/QUOTE]

Just certain ones that it lists on the website from what I can see...

[quote name='Jello1996']FYI for those that have a copy of Nintendoland they don't really want, Gamestop TIV is $20 today. I got $28 for it after PUR and 30% for trading it towards NSMBU. It will probably be worthless pretty soon being a pack-in.[/QUOTE]
It would be crazy if BB gives $20 base for it. $42 with 100% (confirmed this week) and GCU. Wishful thinking

FYI for those connecting the wii u and having wireless issues use this worked for me!
Ok so far heres what works, entering in everything manually.

1. Go into connection types, Hit "Manual Configuration"

2. Input your SSID

3. Input the correct security type, this is key.

4. Put your password in properly

5. For ip address "Do not auto obtain".

6. open up cmd in your computer, type in ipconfig

7. Now input that ip address but add 10 to the last number so "192.168.0.1" will be entered as "192.168.0.11"

8. Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig.

9. Now hit next, hit configure now for your DNS. When asked about DNS hit "Dont auto obtain".

10. For the first server put in 8.8.8.8

11. For the second server put in 8.8.4.4

12. Hit Next, when asked about a proxy hit no proxy

13. Leave mtu as the default

14. it should work, if not check the ip and that it is the internet ip + 10. Good luck

So is the Wii U going to be as scarce as the Wii when it was released? I was thinking about replacing my PS3 that died last winter with a Wii U instead.

[quote name='Tiako']True, the basics do suck for the price. You get a 60 dollar game and tons more space with the deluxe for 50 more.[/QUOTE]

The profit right now isnt looking as high as i thought. Maybe in a few weeks closer to christmas it might get higher i dunno avg selling price im selling right now is like high 400s on ebay on deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back