Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sears opened at noon central time. Walked in at 12:05, asked if they had any black wii u's... said sure, we have two. They're doing a mandatory signup for their rewards program (free of charge) for those buying wii u's, but that was little hassle and I was out of there within 10 minutes.

[quote name='henry00x']
NSMBU got 9.1 from IGN
ZombieU got 6.3 from IGN
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gordojones88']
This way I can say I told you so.

NSMBU: 9
ZombieU: 6
[/QUOTE]

Uh-Uh-Um.

I told you so.

[quote name='anthonyd46']The profit right now isnt looking as high as i thought. Maybe in a few weeks closer to christmas it might get higher i dunno avg selling price im selling right now is like high 400s on ebay on deluxe[/QUOTE]

one just sold for 530 deluxe no extra games

[quote name='anthonyd46']The profit right now isnt looking as high as i thought. Maybe in a few weeks closer to christmas it might get higher i dunno avg selling price im selling right now is like high 400s on ebay on deluxe[/QUOTE]
Too many people selling, not enough playing. It will level itself out. I'm sure everyone remembers a few years back when Microsoft did the mass bans on modded 360s. It was purely coincidence, but at the same time Walmart, Amazon and a few others had the $100 GC w/ 360 purchase. I remember prices going a low as $140 (for the $200 systems) on eBay and CL simply because the market was flooded. Brand new systems for $60 below retail??? I guess it's still profit for the seller, but damn. Returns were a problem because most were using the GCs to purchase the next system.

Was really shocked not many people were outside of my Target this morning. Got my 32gb Deluxe no problem. Already bored of NintendoLand. Time to go trade it for New SMBU.

[quote name='klimb22']It would be crazy if BB gives $20 base for it. $42 with 100% (confirmed this week) and GCU. Wishful thinking[/QUOTE]

Think I might wait for BB as well just incase it is a high value at first.

Went to my local Target with my pre order card and was told they were sold out of deluxe. Apparently they had 30 people waiting when they opened and they all had pre order cards. I told them the pre order was suppose to hold my wii U. All they offer is a refund on the $5 gift card. What to do now?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Think I might wait for BB as well just incase it is a high value at first.[/QUOTE]
If $20/$42 pans out you only payed $8 extra for the deluxe. :D

I for sure thought the Wii U's would get up to at least $700, but I guess not. Wii's went for $600+ when they first came out and the console was cheaper.

Maybe people just wanted the innovative idea and now that motion controls are standard(ish) now people don't care as much.

No one wants the basic model lmao. Picked up a deluxe, basic, and NSMB. Keeping the basic and I'll see what I can do with the deluxe. Anyway to tell if the box has been opened?

The Porter Ranch Walmart...sucked. Waited about an hour in a layaway line with 3 people in front of me.

Oh well, now I at least get to watch the Wii Update for 2 hours.

I had no issues at my BB. I preordered online with instore pickup. There wasn't even a line when I came in about 10 minutes after they opened.

Typical employee confusion at Walmart in Cincinnati (red bank rd store). Went at midnight to pickup my preorder - asked to comeback at 9am since layaway was closed.

Returned at 9am. About 8 others there to pickup preorders. Told us to comeback at noon - because the systems were buried way in the back. Suffice it to say that didn't stick well with everyone.

After 45 minutes of arguing and waiting - about 15 deluxe systems magically appeared. Left the store around 10:15am.

Just disappointing that no one ever knows what's going on at Walmart.

[quote name='klimb22']If $20/$42 pans out you only payed $8 extra for the deluxe. :D[/QUOTE]

Hah yeah, though we all know that would likely last less than a day or two. I'd be happen even if it just went for 15/30$

Doesn't seem like much of a demand in my part of Los Angeles. Got to Target 5 minutes before opening and i was 5th in line, and they had a good amount of stock. I decided to drop by Best Buy before going to TRU for the B1G1 40% and they had a good amount of consoles there too even after an hour of being open. I picked up a 2nd one there because i get 5% cash back with my chase freedom this quarter and I'm planning to take back the one i bought at Target. I rather not get stabbed trying to sell the extra on craigslist.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I for sure thought the Wii U's would get up to at least $700, but I guess not. Wii's went for $600+ when they first came out and the console was cheaper.

Maybe people just wanted the innovative idea and now that motion controls are standard(ish) now people don't care as much.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's going to be a crapshoot with resale for these things. I think the initial shipment is going to sell-out but after that we'll see how long it takes before there's restocking. I don't see any systems being ready to sell by Black Friday so there might be a small window of opportunity for resale there. I also considered Craigslist since it'll cut down on costs for shipping and fees. If I can make enough back on one to pay for the two games I bought today, I'll be happy.

[quote name='htz']I can't believe i got a deluxe at gamestop out of all places and for also being on the waitlist. Now I need to find a 2TB drive on sale.[/QUOTE]

Glad it worked out for you, when I picked up my system at GS a bit ago the manager told me they had a few extra for the wait list. I asked her how that would work and she replied that are going to call the first few and then go down the list if they don't come. I don't know how much time they are going to give them but we will see how this pans out.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I for sure thought the Wii U's would get up to at least $700, but I guess not. Wii's went for $600+ when they first came out and the console was cheaper.

Maybe people just wanted the innovative idea and now that motion controls are standard(ish) now people don't care as much.[/QUOTE]
About 75 listing on CL here. Deluxe as low as $440.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Why didn't you get Best Buy to match the TRU offer? Go back![/QUOTE]

Do you think they'll match the offer even though its technically not a specific item on sale? I have a BB gift card and I'm about to head over to pick up Mario and ZombiU.

[quote name='skiizim']Glad it worked out for you, when I picked up my system at GS a bit ago the manager told me they had a few extra for the wait list. I asked her how that would work and she replied that are going to call the first few and then go down the list if they don't come. I don't know how much time they are going to give them but we will see how this pans out.[/QUOTE]
GS employee said the same when I picked up my pre-order, but sold a Basic to a walk-in behind me.

You guys have to wait at least til after thanksgiving to resell these on eBay. Why would anyone buy one on eBay now when they just came out today. Just wait til Nintendo announces they sold out and then demand will rise

My Best Buy had the Nerf GamePad armor in stock for $19.99. Gave me the perfect opportunity to cash in the $5 bonus reward they sent out recently.

I didn't see it at Target or Walmart, so if you're in the market, hit BB.

[quote name='gravel']
I can't get it to connect to my wireless network.
Apparently others are having similar issues.
[/QUOTE]

That's not possible.
A bunch of CAGs were insistent that wireless is always better than wired ethernet.

[quote name='akokonas']You guys have to wait at least til after thanksgiving to resell these on eBay. Why would anyone buy one on eBay now when they just came out today. Just wait til Nintendo announces they sold out and then demand will rise[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling folks selling now for ~$500 will be wishing they waited. Most parents haven't even asked the kids what they want for Christmas. Johnny also has to see Grandma on Thanksgiving. Most folks will learn about the Wii U when they are out on Black Friday and see the displays.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Do you think they'll match the offer even though its technically not a specific item on sale? I have a BB gift card and I'm about to head over to pick up Mario and ZombiU.[/QUOTE]

best buy matched for me with no issue. I printed out the email toys r us had sent, and showed them. I was surprised at how easy that part went down.

Checked out local walmart (Frisco, TX) after church today at around 12:30 and found a lone 8GB Wii U in case. Salesguy said it was found in back stockroom 10 minutes before I arrived. :) Needless to say, I scooped it up in a hurry! Went to local Target after Wii U score and picked up Batman, Mario, & COD 2 using the target B2 get one half off deal. Also have a 2TB external USB HDD drive I will use to go from 8GB to 2TB for saves. :) Good day I say! :)

[quote name='whodeycincy']
Just disappointing that no one ever knows what's going on at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

My Walmart is staffed by hapless assclowns, but the girl in charge of the Electronics Dept. is on the ball. Going to give her high marks on the receipt survey and drop a line to the store manager/corporate.

I swear the rest of the staff is brain dead, particularly the doofs in automotive.

[quote name='klimb22']I have a feeling folks selling now for ~$500 will be wishing they waited. Most parents haven't even asked the kids what they want for Christmas. Johnny also has to see Grandma on Thanksgiving. Most folks will learn about the Wii U when they are out on Black Friday and see the displays.[/QUOTE]
This is my feeling as well. I have a little brother so I know what the 10 year olds are talking about, and none of them even knew Nintendo was coming out with a new console. Once black friday hits people will become aware and once kids start looking for Christmas presents. And if not, I simply return the consoles, it's not a big deal either way. My instinct is to wait it out until then.

[quote name='klimb22']I have a feeling folks selling now for ~$500 will be wishing they waited. Most parents haven't even asked the kids what they want for Christmas. Johnny also has to see Grandma on Thanksgiving. Most folks will learn about the Wii U when they are out on Black Friday and see the displays.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this

The Wii sold like crazy from the get go...

By the time "little Johnny" gets to ask Grandma there will be a restock.

I can walk right into most of the targets and walmart's in my area and buy a deluxe or standard edition. It was no where even close to that when the Wii launched. Mark up on these on eBay will be no more than $200. When I resold Wii's during its launch period I was making $400-$500!

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Why didn't you get Best Buy to match the TRU offer? Go back![/QUOTE]

they told me they couldn't price match the offer, i asked them before i went to toysrus :cry:, >>

[quote name='skiizim']Glad it worked out for you, when I picked up my system at GS a bit ago the manager told me they had a few extra for the wait list. I asked her how that would work and she replied that are going to call the first few and then go down the list if they don't come. I don't know how much time they are going to give them but we will see how this pans out.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't planning on getting a wii u, it was more of an impulse buy cause the gamestop employee was rushing me to either take it or he will go down the list and call someone else. Now I have a wii u to mess around with for the holidays. Nintendoland so far isn't really as fun as wii sports when I first played it. Maybe I should trade it in for NSMBU like some of the other CAGs mentioned.

As someone who has the deluxe system and NSMBU coming in tomorrow (and a Pro controller pending shipment), should I wait until after BF before listing on eBay?

I didn't preorder, I just showed up to BB and got the second to last one. I showed up a few minutes before the store opened, not really a demand item I guess since there were only like 15 other people there. I was also able to use a TRU 20% coupon from today's ad. I was amazed they let me do this but I wasn't going to say no. Also used the bogo40% from TRU. All in all, nice deal and I now I'm just waiting for the update to finish. ^_^

My wife and I went out this afternoon just to look around and see what stores had. No real intention of buying one because there isn't that ONE GAME that either one of us NEEDS to play...

Suffice to say we went to 4 stores and would have been able to buy Wii-U's at 3 of them. Mind you only the white console, but still....that in my mind equals terrible advertising and the fact that the price on the Basic bundle is a total ripoff.

This was also at around 12:45-2:30 so this was WELL into the day...

[quote name='Adilink']As someone who has the deluxe system and NSMBU coming in tomorrow (and a Pro controller pending shipment), should I wait until after BF before listing on eBay?[/QUOTE]

Hard to say you only got one to resale? I listed half of mine now and half after black friday

[quote name='xt3rmin8']they told me they couldn't price match the offer, i asked them before i went to toysrus :cry:, >>[/QUOTE]

My BB told me the same thing. Some mumbo jumbo about how they can only match individual game prices, not package deals.

[quote name='Tiako']Hard to say you only got one to resale? I listed half of mine now and half after black friday[/QUOTE]
That's exactly why I bought one. I intend to get one to keep eventually, but I'm willing to wait until more games are released. Is that so wrong?

[quote name='io']OK, people, STOP. I will start handing out temp bans for anyone that continues any of these sorts of discussions here:

1) Hardcore vs casual gamers and where the Wii U fits in
2) Flipping talk
3) Anything else that isn't related to preorder pickup/Wii U purchasing and general first-day issues with the console itself or retailers.[/QUOTE]
For the people who didn't get it the first time around this morning.

No more reselling/flipping discussion. Cease with it immediately.

[quote name='xelhefex']Doesn't seem like much of a demand in my part of Los Angeles. Got to Target 5 minutes before opening and i was 5th in line, and they had a good amount of stock. I decided to drop by Best Buy before going to TRU for the B1G1 40% and they had a good amount of consoles there too even after an hour of being open. I picked up a 2nd one there because i get 5% cash back with my chase freedom this quarter and I'm planning to take back the one i bought at Target. I rather not get stabbed trying to sell the extra on craigslist.[/QUOTE]

Where in los angeles, because i called bestbuys and target and they said they sold out.

those still looking for a deluxe wii u and have a fred meyers in your state try looking there. After picking up my deluxe at target with reservation card at 11am with no hassle, went to do some grocery shopping at fred meyers afterwards and as I walked by the electronics department was surprised to see at least 2 deluxe wii u's and the basic ones behind the display case. This was at the salem, oregon fred meyers store. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2 Best Buys I went to did not match the TRU offer FYI. Ended up just buying NSMB U, ZombiU, Epic Mickey 2 and Cawadoodie for 208 at TRU. Not too shabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back