Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='||||||']Where in los angeles, because i called bestbuys and target and they said they sold out.[/QUOTE]

I live in Northridge. Both the Target and Best Buy i went to had a least 20 Deluxe's and those werent the pre-order ones. And this was after opening with no big lines.

I don't know why Nintendo doesn't seal the boxes. I had two preorders and one was at Walmart and one at BB. I'd rather keep the bb one (3x points) but Walmart acts like you're a criminal if you ever try to return something not sealed. ( or sealed for that matter )

Seems like Nintendo did a pretty smart thing. Get demand up for the Wii U with the Deluxe, but then still be able to supply to people who just want it with the Basic.

[quote name='xelhefex']I live in Northridge. Both the Target and Best Buy i went to had a least 20 Deluxe's and those werent the pre-order ones. And this was after opening with no big lines.[/QUOTE]

im thinking you meant los angeles area :/

My best buy had40 deluxe this morning my toys r us had 3 deluxe. My GameStop sold out, whites were everywhere. Toys r us was stocked for good games

[quote name='||||||']im thinking you meant los angeles area :/[/QUOTE]

Well technically it is Los Angeles, just not the central area.

[quote name='rckola911']FYI for those connecting the wii u and having wireless issues use this worked for me!
Ok so far heres what works, entering in everything manually.

1. Go into connection types, Hit "Manual Configuration"

2. Input your SSID

3. Input the correct security type, this is key.

4. Put your password in properly

5. For ip address "Do not auto obtain".

6. open up cmd in your computer, type in ipconfig

7. Now input that ip address but add 10 to the last number so "192.168.0.1" will be entered as "192.168.0.11"

8. Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig.

9. Now hit next, hit configure now for your DNS. When asked about DNS hit "Dont auto obtain".

10. For the first server put in 8.8.8.8

11. For the second server put in 8.8.4.4

12. Hit Next, when asked about a proxy hit no proxy

13. Leave mtu as the default

14. it should work, if not check the ip and that it is the internet ip + 10. Good luck[/QUOTE]

Did you figure out if you have a 5 ghz connect or a 2 ghz connect? Most speed test sites don't work in the browser because they don't even have flash 7 installed (and 11 is what is current!) Our Wii U didn't auto detect our strongest wifi channel, or 5 ghz one.

But I got the update, and then also nintendoland's update, so I'm happy for now. Wish there was a way for it to detect net speed itself.

[quote name='stageman12']Blinking red light of death. Lovely. No stock to exchange it for, either.[/QUOTE]

What happened? Straight out of the box, or during the update?

[quote name='spauldingfan']The target in Granada hills ca didn't put aside my preordered deluxe,ended up getting ac3, call of duty, and zombiu for $75 total.[/QUOTE]
how is that for $75?

[quote name='stageman12']Blinking red light of death. Lovely. No stock to exchange it for, either.[/QUOTE]
yes! the rrod gen 2 has come!

[quote name='spauldingfan']The manager discounted every game $30, and included the b2g1 , and my target card.[/QUOTE]
awesome but are you still able to get a system somewhere else?

[quote name='Gareee']Did you figure out if you have a 5 ghz connect or a 2 ghz connect? Most speed test sites don't work in the browser because they don't even have flash 7 installed (and 11 is what is current!) Our Wii U didn't auto detect our strongest wifi channel, or 5 ghz one.

But I got the update, and then also nintendoland's update, so I'm happy for now. Wish there was a way for it to detect net speed itself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have no clue on the ghz mine just would find my network but not connect period. Glad I wasn't the only one with issues on that. I also hope the wii is. Wireless n.

[quote name='metsfan1545d']elaborate[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gravel']What happened? Straight out of the box, or during the update?[/QUOTE]

Apparently some units have either a faulty fan or a bad power supply; the red power LED on the unit just blinks and blinks. It will not turn on or do anything. I have called 4 different BB's and there are none to be had. It never worked straight out of the box.

http://opa-ages.com/forums/topic/65311-wii-us-blinking-light-of-death-overshadowing-the-launch/

Just one of the many stories. I apologize if that is not an allowed link; simply google "wii u blinking light of death"

[quote name='TheNeck']awesome but are you still able to get a system somewhere else?[/QUOTE]
Hopefully my failsafe preorder at best buy is put aside. From the sound of it I should be ok. Really wanted to use my red card on the system, but saving more on the games might make the winner.

[quote name='stageman12']Apparently some units have either a faulty fan or a bad power supply; the red power LED on the unit just blinks and blinks. It will not turn on or do anything. I have called 4 different BB's and there are none to be had. It never worked straight out of the box.

http://opa-ages.com/forums/topic/65311-wii-us-blinking-light-of-death-overshadowing-the-launch/

Just one of the many stories. I apologize if that is not an allowed link; simply google "wii u blinking light of death"[/QUOTE]

Have you tried calling Nintendo yet? I'm sure they're open in anticipation of the release today.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Have you tried calling Nintendo yet? I'm sure they're open in anticipation of the release today.[/QUOTE]

Yep... only option is to send it in unless I find an exchange unit somewhere. minimum of 2 weeks to get it back if I send it in.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']did anyone get a code for their bundled Nintendo land game to redeem for club Nintendo? I didn't get one.[/QUOTE]

By accounts, it didn't come with one.

[quote name='rckola911']Yeah I have no clue on the ghz mine just would find my network but not connect period. Glad I wasn't the only one with issues on that. I also hope the wii is. Wireless n.[/QUOTE]

Ours saw a few of our wireless channels, but wouldn't connect to them. It did not see our 5ghz hi speed channel at all.

I have a cisco router, and used cisco connect on my pc to tell it to add a new device to our network, and that then worked.

It looks like if you want to buy any full retail games, even with the 32 gb system, yer gonna need an external hd... at least in the Wii U store, it says required on some titles.

Looks like Miiverse is down.

Best Buy pre-order came through. They also matched the TRU B1G1 40% off. Picked up Mario, Ninja Gaiden 3, ZombiU, and Sonic Racing. Used 3x reward zone points.

Was tempted to get Tank Tank Tank, Assassin's Creed 3, and Black Ops 2 as well but this is good enough for launch. Will probably rather play AC3 on PC anyway.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Hopefully my failsafe preorder at best buy is put aside. From the sound of it I should be ok. Really wanted to use my red card on the system, but saving more on the games might make the winner.[/QUOTE]
$75 for 3 games is AWESOME, i would take that any time :D

Walked into Best Buy just after twelve. There was a line in the middle of the store where the gaming kiosk is located. Looked like there was maybe a handful of consoles up for grabs. I was then redirected to customer service where I was told pre orders were handed out. Saw a stack of deluxe consoles about nine high and one lone basic on the reservation side. Paid my remaining balance and walked out without issue. Quite a few people were doing the same.

Stashed it in the closest, and it'll become tree fodder once that is put up. The kids are going to love it. :)

IMG_3717.jpg

What a bought today: console at bestbuy

Pro controller with 20% off (coupon on today's ad) at TRU

Pricematched mario wii u with zombiu 40% off at Bestbuy

Screen protector at gamestop!!

Updating my system now!! fuck yeah!!

My Gamestop pickup was fairly smooth. They opened a tad late and were a little slow in terms of getting us our systems, but luckily only 3 people showed up to pick it up when the store opened. I'm just relieved I got my console.

This update is painfully slow for me though.

people having wifi issues, do you guys have the basic system by chance? my friends basic system wouldn't connect to his router, it saw it but that's about it.

[quote name='rckola911']Just updated the system put in sonic and guess what? Another update lol it says 20 seconds buts its been 5 min.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, both NintendoLand and Mario also had updates when I put them in.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Care to estimate gas cost? I'm curious.[/QUOTE]
they are very close to each other, maybe 20 miles round trip (home - stores - home)

Also, I found it extremely strange that my local Gamestop didn't get a single copy of Mario for the store. I didn't pre-order the game at GS, but everyone else at the store did and were pretty shocked Mario was not it stock.

So I had paid off the one I had on layaway at Wal-mart a few days ago. Figured I could pick it up at midnight, was told no since layaway didn't open until 7. I went back after work (around 2pm) and some how stuff got mixed up and my Wii U got sold.

So, my day has been pretty crappy. At least I have a copy of Super Mario Wii U. Picked up at Gamestop before going to Wal-mart.

*%#% Im going crazy, whats some advice, I bought a wii-u today with zombi u... should I keep it and hide it away till december to flip? or satisfy my wii lust and open it and start killing zombies... cause if I'm gonna flip it its gonna stay new/sealed...

Some tips for wireless connection issues:

1) Reboot your router if it's not been rebooted in while. Do the same for your cable modem/DSL modem/UVerse access device/etc.
2) Make sure the router's firmware is up to date as well and update it if it's not.
3) Try removing your security on your wireless to try and get the Wii U to connect without it, then add your security back in again.
4) Another DNS option besides Google's DNS of 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 is OpenDNS with DNS servers of 208.67.222.222 / 208.67.220.220.
5) Try a different wireless channel for your Wifi. Some devices prefer some channels over others, so try changing to a different one versus what you have currently.

[quote name='yokofox33']Also, I found it extremely strange that my local Gamestop didn't get a single copy of Mario for the store. I didn't pre-order the game at GS, but everyone else at the store did and were pretty shocked Mario was not it stock.[/QUOTE]

I think Toys R Us was allocated the most Mario copies. They had a ton when I picked it up. The Wal Mart I got the system at got 4 copies of Mario total.

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']So I had paid off the one I had on layaway at Wal-mart a few days ago. Figured I could pick it up at midnight, was told no since layaway didn't open until 7. I went back after work (around 2pm) and some how stuff got mixed up and my Wii U got sold.

So, my day has been pretty crappy. At least I have a copy of Super Mario Wii U. Picked up at Gamestop before going to Wal-mart.[/QUOTE]

That sucks man. Anyway just updated, feels like BF3 all over again. Dicked around the menus, saw a trailer for Warriors Orochi 3 SUPER MEGA HYPER DICK SUCKING FEST 3000... and I might just go in and trade my Zombi U for it.

Anyone play Zombi U and feel like talking me out of it?

Just got back from going out to get a case for my controller, got one of the rocketdog cases, really like it, will keep the black from getting fingerprints on it. Didn't see any screen protectors but didn't look at gamestop, will check there tomorrow.

I went to Best Buy and they had 10 of the basic systems just sitting on the shelf (no deluxe), Toys R Us was sold out, but they told me they had only received about 8 units.

And yeah what's up with the Mario shortage? Walmart said they only got a handful of copies in, Toys R Us was wiped clean, Best Buy had a couple but I didn't have the TRU ad to PM the B1G140% so I didn't bother.

[quote name='thegarageband']That sucks man. Anyway just updated, feels like BF3 all over again. Dicked around the menus, saw a trailer for Warriors Orochi 3 SUPER MEGA HYPER DICK SUCKING FEST 3000... and I might just go in and trade my Zombi U for it.

Anyone play Zombi U and feel like talking me out of it?[/QUOTE]

The ZombiU reviews should be enough to talk you out of it. Have a gameplay vid.

http://www.gamespot.com/zombiu/videos/zombiu-zombie-boss-encounter-6400260/?hd=1

zombiu aint that good i buyed it and i might trade it in a few days 2 best buy and tekken tag i want 2 get mario and ass cred 3 but im goin to wait 4 used copies... also hope "gizmo" is happy he ruined some1s holiday (u cant jus say christmas becus ppl celebrate eveything now its 2012 not 1950 when there was only 1 holiday) becus he broke store plicy nad buyed up their whole stock so he can sell them on ebay.

[quote name='Davivascaino']
IMG_3717.jpg

What a bought today: console at bestbuy

Pro controller with 20% off (coupon on today's ad) at TRU

Pricematched mario wii u with zombiu 40% off at Bestbuy

Screen protector at gamestop!!

Updating my system now!! fuck yeah!![/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I got! Hahaha. Cheers

[quote name='saiyajinsc']did anyone get a code for their bundled Nintendo land game to redeem for club Nintendo? I didn't get one.[/QUOTE]

The pack-in copy of Nintendoland is a Not For Resale version, which don't come with Club Nintendo codes since Nintendo knows they weren't bought individually. The only coins that can be earned for the Wii U system are for linking the system to Club Nintendo through the eShop, then taking the survey online.

I really wish I could get the damn update started. I got like a little bit of blue on the bar but can't get it to go. I wonder if its just my wireless modem that sucks.

[quote name='Deader2818']I really wish I could get the damn update started. I got like a little bit of blue on the bar but can't get it to go. I wonder if its just my wireless modem that sucks.[/QUOTE]

No. It's everyone, or a lot of people at least. Mine took forever. I played about 8 Halo matches before mine ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back