Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am 8th on "the list" at Gamestop. I was told they had just enough systems to cover about 10 preorders and no extras. One person did cancel so they called the first person on the list and they have 48 hours to pick it up. Assuming best case scenario and everyone up to me sleeps on it, then I have 14 days to wait before I get called.

Calling around town it is sold out everywhere, both models. So, I guess I am waiting.

One question though, is the system rang up by serial number? Curious if I can find one before Gamestop calls and buy it cash, if I can return the one I eventually get from Gamestop (bought in credit) to the first store? Just a thought to try and get one early.

[quote name='stoner88']Walmart in Stow, OH failed on my pre-order(layaway)..

I walked out with $100 gift Card and unfulfilled order...[/QUOTE]

That'll be nice if that happens to me tomorrow when I go in...if they have it I'll just cancel it lol

[quote name='handsomepete']Dunno if it's been posted, but stock checking link for Target:

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-14174037

Doesn't account for stores responsible enough to hold back preorders, but at least gives you an idea of what you're up against. Half the stores in my area are sold out it seems. Hope it helps the hunters.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but there stock checker SUCKS! I had someone within Target get me local stores that had the deluxe in stock and she told me a nearby Super Target had 14 deluxe in stock and 5 basic in stocks. When I went there, there were no deluxe in stock and 9 basic in stock. Their whole system is out of whack!

I've been trying to follow along with this thread, but there has been far too much activity. I think there have been at least 20 pages since this morning. We need a Reader's Digest version.

Anyway, my pickup today was incredibly painless. I ended up sleeping in and we did some shopping afterward, so I didn't get back until about 20 minutes ago. When I got to layaway, there were two people in front of me putting clothes away (it's so idiotic to put kids' clothes on layaway), so I had to wait about 15 minutes. And then I had to wait another 5 minutes while they looked for my order. They hadn't even taken them out of the shipping box from UPS yet, so they just handed me that and opened it up to verify that my two units were inside. And...that was basically it. The people working there had no idea how many consoles their store got, but they said that only a couple of pre-ordered. I do know that all of their Deluxe models have sold out, though. When I walked by electronics, they only had two Basic models yet.

And now I just need to hook this thing up so I can update it. Probably won't get to play it until tonight because I have to bake pies and quiches. I also need to try to find a longer HDMI cable because this stupid thing looks like it's only about 3 feet long. But first...I'm having some mother-fucking Quiznos.

EDIT: I take back what I said about the HDMI cable. I'm not sure yet if it will reach from the Wii U's designated spot, but it's definitely longer than 3 feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I was in picking mine up at Gamestop. Someone called in looking for a 2nd Wii Padlet. The associate claimed they were getting them in next week to the caller. I said, wow, nice lie. He says, "it gets ppl to come in my store". What a douche I thought.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I've been trying to follow along with this thread, but there has been far too much activity. I think there have been at least 20 pages since this morning. We need a Reader's Digest version.

.[/QUOTE]

I think this thread needs to be closed and someone start a "Wii is now out" thread. 400+ pages is a lil too much now.

I should have mine tomorrow or Tuesday, from Walmart with Zombie which I am returning. Weirdly my Pro has not shipped nor have Walmart charged me anything yet, not even pending. I find it weird they shipped the system without charging my card, on the shipping notice it says Wii U 32 gig deluxe charge 0.00 shipping charge 0.00 same with Zombie. I wonder if they won't charge until the controller ships or they screwed up.

[quote name='dallow']Went into Target with my reservation card this late afternoon.
They were holding it like they were supposed to. Glad they knew how to handle it.[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing. Strolled into Target at noon today and they had my deluxe for me behind the counter. I was taking a chance but they kept their word to me from the night before on how they were handling the pre orders.

sonic racing is so fun

ive been playing it for like 3 hours already

its a total mario kart ripoff though right down to having a star item to go fast and all that stuff

[quote name='Finalspirit']Well, don't usually post but wanted to share that I had a bad experience at the Target in Hadley, MA. Went into the store with my preorder card and receipt and was told they had a "mixup" and had sold all the units. Is it really that hard to understand what the word "reservation" means?[/QUOTE]

That sucks, but doesn't surprise me, I got mine from Best Buy across the hall (1 of the 3 preorders they got).

Haters gonna hate man, I love Nintendoland, that DK obstacle course is pissing me off though. hah The games are fun, need to snag a couple more games to play for it, probably NSMBU and something else.

Stopped into best buy today for some blurays and one of gaming associates asked me if I was looking for anything. Asked if they had any Wii-u's. They were sold out but he said he is expecting more shipments all week and had several freight shipments with more coming. Played with the store model for a few minutes. Nice graphics (Rayman demo) but I am not sure if the system is worth it or not. I go back and forth. I wish the base was $200 with the deluxe for $250 but my Wii is collecting dust for the most part. What gets me really excited is what the next generation XBOX/PS systems will look like if the Wii-u graphics are this good.

Hum just called my target and they have two in stock.

[quote name='skiizim']For those of you interested, I passed by Target to see what they have. If you are only interested in picking up Scribblenauts they have it for $49.99 and it comes with a $10 giftcard.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to duplicate this deal and get the $10 gift card with purchase at my Target, but the price was indeed $49.99. With a $10 gift card I had from a previous promotion and the 5% discount from the red card it was a good enough deal for me after reading the positive reviews.

Also on my receipt it just says "Wii U Game" and not the actual game title, this could be the reason why but I did watch him actually scan the game in so I'm not sure.

[quote name='AcePuppy']No offense, but there stock checker SUCKS! I had someone within Target get me local stores that had the deluxe in stock and she told me a nearby Super Target had 14 deluxe in stock and 5 basic in stocks. When I went there, there were no deluxe in stock and 9 basic in stock. Their whole system is out of whack![/QUOTE]

Target stock checker is not in real time, but it is updated daily

[quote name='vtswordfish']Just got back from going out to get a case for my controller, got one of the rocketdog cases, really like it, will keep the black from getting fingerprints on it. Didn't see any screen protectors but didn't look at gamestop, will check there tomorrow.

I went to Best Buy and they had 10 of the basic systems just sitting on the shelf (no deluxe), Toys R Us was sold out, but they told me they had only received about 8 units.

And yeah what's up with the Mario shortage? Walmart said they only got a handful of copies in, Toys R Us was wiped clean, Best Buy had a couple but I didn't have the TRU ad to PM the B1G140% so I didn't bother.[/QUOTE]How is the Rocketfish case, I am going to get that tomorrow along with the screen protectors.

My TRU had about a dozen of the Wii Flingsmash games @ $20. That netted me two black [to match the deluxe] wii-mote pluses for $32 [plus tax] not too shabby. Just a heads up if you need some wii-motes for that shiny new toy!

Still waiting for my Shipped Wii-U Deluxe to arrive on Tuesday (Still hoping for Monday though). Went by Best Buy at 12:30 and they had tons of Basic consoles and no deluxes available. So much for the employee who told me they were all sold out on Friday. When I got there I walked around the store for five minutes and asked the guy where the Wii-U stuff was since it wasn't in the Wii section. He told me they received the shipment at 4 AM that morning and didn't have time to display everything. They were still unboxing most of it in the store by where they sale car stereos. I was able to pick up all of the games (seven in all) I was looking for and some accessories. Wish I had the TRU ad when I went. I thought it was funny that there was sign saying "Lego City, now available" since it won't be released till next year. I'm glad that most people got their systems with almost little to no problems. Sorry to those who are still waiting.

[quote name='AcePuppy']No offense, but there stock checker SUCKS! I had someone within Target get me local stores that had the deluxe in stock and she told me a nearby Super Target had 14 deluxe in stock and 5 basic in stocks. When I went there, there were no deluxe in stock and 9 basic in stock. Their whole system is out of whack![/QUOTE]

Perhaps they sold them ...

I went to a TRU, a Target, and a Best Buy around where I live (Long Island, NY) to get a pro controller, but all were out of stock.
I took one last shot and went to the store I dread the most, Gamestop. They had over 20 black pro controllers and just as many white ones. Glad they came through for me for once lol

[quote name='confoosious']Perhaps they sold them ...[/QUOTE]

They would have had to sell 14 Deluxe and -4 Basic then. :)

[quote name='Mikeatris']How is the Rocketfish case, I am going to get that tomorrow along with the screen protectors.[/QUOTE]

I am very pleased with it, seems pretty durable and it has clips that lock it onto the gamepad. I used it for a couple of hours this afternoon and honestly didn't notice the added difference on the controller. It has a kind of pointless stand on the back of it that I may take off, but for $10 you can't beat it.

[quote name='jedi0077']Wow, System Update is massive. Kudo's for N having it ready to go at 12:34am. My 10mbs dls is crawling the status forward. HUGE update or slow service from the big N. I'm sure thousands are updating at the same time though. Should have played Mario first! Remote setup is amazing. Literally 15 seconds and my Vizio and Directv box were totally setup. Brilliant![/QUOTE]

I noticed the TV thing too...so easy to setup i figured it was gonna be a pain in the ass manual code search thing but nope...dynex tv and comcast box no problem.

Could someone please share how long BB will hold your preorder before they put it back on the sales floor? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='vc318']Could someone please share how long BB will hold your preorder before they put it back on the sales floor? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

They told me 7 days when I asked last week but ymmv. Just call them.

[quote name='sengar']They would have had to sell 14 Deluxe and -4 Basic then. :)[/QUOTE]

Probably sold the deluxes and got some returned or something like that. Very possible.

[quote name='confoosious']They told me 7 days when I asked last week but ymmv. Just call them.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop policy is 5 day, but apparently thats just BS to get people to pre-order and pump their pre-order numbers.

fuck GME, hopefully BBY doesn't pull that shit.

Just picked up New Super Mario and Sonic All Stars. I really wish Best Buy carried Tekken and Warriors Orochi, because I would have gotten those in a heartbeat. Either way, only 3 other games out now at the moment I really want.

[quote name='confoosious']They told me 7 days when I asked last week but ymmv. Just call them.[/QUOTE]

I did and the sales lady said 3 days but she said she wasn't sure. That just didn't sound right. I will call back tomorrow and double check. Thanks! :)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just picked up New Super Mario and Sonic All Stars. I really wish Best Buy carried Tekken and Warriors Orochi, because I would have gotten those in a heartbeat. Either way, only 3 other games out now at the moment I really want.[/QUOTE]

My BB definitely had Tekken..

Fun fact - their in-store stock checker (I think) only updates once a day (if I remember right it's 8am). The online stock checker updates multiple times a day.

And no offense taken, I didn't write the thing.

So, I managed to get the last basic unit at a Target a few towns over. Everything else was sold out. I am fine with the basic, honestly.

Snagged a copy NSMBU as well. I will probably pick up another game sooner than later.

[quote name='vtswordfish']I can't get my Tivo Series 2 to work with the remote thing at all, my LG tv worked fine after running through a bazillion codes for it.[/QUOTE]
I think that's part of the tvii thing that got pushed back until sept.

picked up my copy 3hrs ago and almost thought I wasnt getting it due to the way the worker said "oh you preordered" but he came out with a box and I left a happy customer.

Did anyone have tape on the tab to open the box like the ps3 or Wii usually has? because I didn't. also my game pad goes out of control when putting the date for the Wii U but it works normal when I leave that part of the setup anyone has this issue?

[quote name='diazt350']picked up my copy 3hrs ago and almost thought I wasnt getting it due to the way the worker said "oh you preordered" but he came out with a box and I left a happy customer.

Did anyone have tape on the tab to open the box like the ps3 or Wii usually has? because I didn't. also my game pad goes out of control when putting the date for the Wii U but it works normal when I leave that part of the setup anyone has this issue?[/QUOTE]

The box isn't sealed, there isn't really a way to tell if it's been opened.

Is anyone here going to transfer their data over from their Wii? From everything I am reading, it seems more of con than a pro unless you have a bunch of downloadable titles or something.

I don't think I'll be able to do it. My Wii is modded, and I don't want to lose my import data, which I wouldn't be able to play on the Wii U anyway.

Excellent experience at Target today. I preordered a week ago when I saw they still had the black version available. Picked it up today at 7:00pm. They said they had 5 tickets for the morning crowd and held the rest back to fill all of their preorders. Saved 5% with red card and was out the door.

[quote name='vc318']Could someone please share how long BB will hold your preorder before they put it back on the sales floor? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Look on your pre-order receipt, if you pre-ordered in store it should say 5 days like mine did. Online with in-store pick up is 7 days though I think.

[quote name='caltab']The box isn't sealed, there isn't really a way to tell if it's been opened.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that. That's interesting, because I called and asked for Gamestop's return policy and they said 30 days full refund as long as it hasn't been opened. How could they tell if there is no seal?

Yay Wally world didn't sell my preorder to someone else.

The setup process was very long between charging the gamepad and updating the firmware but now everything's good. Although I can't set up a Nintendo internet account thing through it. I figured it might just be that the servers are getting hammered.

Pre-ordering at BestBuy was a success for me. I was able to pick up both an in-store pre-order and a BestBuy.com store pick-up pre-order easily and without any hassle:D

Has anyone see the Hori Wii U gamepad screen protectors at a B&M? I checked Best Buy, Walmart and TRU. These stores were only selling the PDP and PowerA ones.

I am in the process right now. I don't have a modded system though. [quote name='ShadowAssassin']Is anyone here going to transfer their data over from their Wii? From everything I am reading, it seems more of con than a pro unless you have a bunch of downloadable titles or something.

I don't think I'll be able to do it. My Wii is modded, and I don't want to lose my import data, which I wouldn't be able to play on the Wii U anyway.[/QUOTE]

Went to Best Buy at noon to pick up my Wiiu Deluxe. They checked in the back and the gal comes back with the standard edition. She goes to the back again and comes back empty handed. They sold my Wiiu to someone else. Hella frustrating considering I preordered in September.

Manager said he located another Wiiu Deluxe in another store and will have it Tuesday. 1.5 hours wasted. Now I have to wait till Tuesday (crosses fingers)

Shaq-Fu the rest of this post.

[quote name='masked lemon']I wasn't able to get the transfer to work with a modded wii.[/QUOTE]

Wth are you talking about this is Wii U, are you on drugs?

[quote name='masked lemon']I wasn't able to get the transfer to work with a modded wii.[/QUOTE]

Is it telling you the channel can't be loaded or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back