Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='masked lemon']I wasn't able to get the transfer to work with a modded wii.[/QUOTE]

Did it give an error or something? I know someone on another site got his to work fine, just had to backup his data first.

Planning on trying mine later tonight

Sagged the last basic Wii U at 11 from Best Buy. I got lucky because a minute after I snagged it another couple was in there trying to get it. Also got them to price match TRU for their B1G1 40% off deal.

Went to Bestbuy and was told that they took too many preorders and didn't have my preorder. The manager there told me that they will be getting another shipment in either tomorrow or Tuesday. For my trouble, he promised to take $40 off my Wii U when I get it. I appreciate the discount, but I would have liked to play the Wii U today when it is officially released.

I went out an hour early this morning just to see how the Wii U things were going. I stopped by walmart first at 7:30 and none but did get to see my first Wii U and hold the gamepad which felt great. I proceeded to Kmart which I waited a few minutes to open and followed 2 people in there and they both put a white basic in layaway. That was the only 2 systems kmart had. They weren't shop your way members but they each signed up right then and there. The guy first in line tried to put both in layaway but they wasn't allowed but one. The 2nd person was a woman and she put new super mario U in layway as well. I was happy to see someone other than scalpers get the systems because since they were layaways I don't think they'd be trying to flip them. I was going to pick up a deluxe set had I found one so as I could go ahead and have it a few days earlier because the one I ordered won't be here for a few days and then sell the other when I got it but seems these are going to be short supply for some time.

[quote name='masked lemon']I wasn't able to get the transfer to work with a modded wii.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tightclaws']Wth are you talking about this is Wii U, are you on drugs?[/QUOTE]

Getting tired of seeing you harassing people all the time.
He's talking about transferring his Wii data to his new Wii U.

Hey Cag's ! So far so good. I didnt let my gamepad charge up all the way and now I get to see how it does on a full charge, but im thinking eventually im going to need a wii u pro if I end up doing some all night marathons.I really enjoying everything so far and my sun really likes Nintendoland and Zombi u is intense so far! Im glad I decided in the Blockbuster unlimited pass, it will definitely save me some money iver the next few months and allow me to get a good feel of the system and games, at least I hope! Looking for some CAG's to friend me...my. Nintendo Network ID is SeaTac Sheik, add me and let me know yours!

[quote name='Finalspirit']Well, don't usually post but wanted to share that I had a bad experience at the Target in Hadley, MA. Went into the store with my preorder card and receipt and was told they had a "mixup" and had sold all the units. Is it really that hard to understand what the word "reservation" means?[/QUOTE]

http://youtu.be/47u5ZRlS0LY

ZombiU is installing right now. I'm amazed that it has the 3rd largest Miiverse community, I did not see that coming.

Well, I fixed the 105 error at least. Havent been able to fix the 108 error which is either a weak wireless signal or the server and im going to guess thats more the server.

But damn, I do need a new wireless router.

[quote name='Kingmob46']My TRU had about a dozen of the Wii Flingsmash games @ $20. That netted me two black [to match the deluxe] wii-mote pluses for $32 [plus tax] not too shabby. Just a heads up if you need some wii-motes for that shiny new toy![/QUOTE]

I almost bought a wii-mote plus today for $40. Thanks for the heads up, though Flingsmash was actually $25 at my TRU and online. They also had Wii Play Motion which comes with a wii-mote plus for $30 so I picked up one of each. Got two black wii-mote pluses and two games for around the price I was going to pay for a single wii-mote plus.

has anyone been able to pick up a screen protector? i got the invisi-shield; i thought it'd come with a screen protector but it wasn't til i got home that i realized it was only for the pad and not the screen (the part i'm most concerned about). not surprisingly my son already got it all dirty and grimy looking.

So.. for those of you who picked up screen protectors as well...

Any tips on applying them? They seem to be statically charged (I got a couple of the PDP ones, where you peel off one side, apply it, and peel off top). Whatever I do, a couple stray specs of dust always get in under the protector. I tried to lift it off and remove it, but only succeeded in adding another blemish lol

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']has anyone been able to pick up a screen protector? i got the invisi-shield; i thought it'd come with a screen protector but it wasn't til i got home that i realized it was only for the pad and not the screen (the part i'm most concerned about). not surprisingly my son already got it all dirty and grimy looking.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has a HORI brand one shipping out tomorrow. Gamestop also has a "Write & Protect" Kit from PDP (available in stores now) which comes with 2 screen protectors and 2 stylus for $10.

So, I played some Nintendo land, the Metroid Attraction and its pretty good, about what I expected. But NSMB U is definitely a great game. Me and the wife are doing boost mode and its crazy fun. She places the blocks while I run through the levels as Mario.

Gamestop transaction was painless, walked in and gave the lady my power up card and she placed everything in the bag and I was off. Even tho the Manager assured me multiple times that they were not gonna have extra units for preorders they were tripping Wii Us in there and both of them were calling family members to come get one now if they wanted one.

[quote name='Deader2818']Did Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper come out today? I havent seen it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

There were copies at my Gamestop, so i'm assuming it did.

Was out today, had to run errands etc. Went to a few Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart stores. One store had a basic white system, the rest were sold out. Glad to see it's selling well.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Was out today, had to run errands etc. Went to a few Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart stores. One store had a basic white system, the rest were sold out. Glad to see it's selling well.[/QUOTE]

why would it not sell well?

at work we sold all black systems but sold ZERO whites. i think white systems will be more easy to come by then black. If you don't care about nintendo land you could get white and get a cheap external drive. The charging craddel only cost 20 bucks. which is what im thinking of doing i had one on hold for me at work but decided not to get the black at this time.

Not as rare as I was expecting, saw both models at every Target around me. Still debating picking it up even though I barely have time for the games I have...

[quote name='NoMeDigas']http://youtu.be/47u5ZRlS0LY[/QUOTE]

^this was hilarious

---

I bought two Wii U's today (yes, I'm going to flip one - I'm not bragging about it or anything nor am I really hoarding them)

First was my Deluxe at Walmart at midnight. My lord did that take forever. They helped two people ahead of me and by the time they got to me, they still kept screwing up. Anyways, took about 25 mins. but I got it. Also, as others reported, not 'launch day' games available.

The second was a Basic at Target. Had my preorder card and they grabbed it from the back. "Are there two left back there for the remaining pre-orders" asked a worker to another. "No, this is the last one". I really feel bad for those who didn't get there's when they properly reserved it.

Went to Best Buy about an hour ago, and there was one lone Basic set left. Lots of activity in gaming, but it was for 3DS, Kinect, or Black Ops 2.

[quote name='Jello1996']I almost bought a wii-mote plus today for $40. Thanks for the heads up, though Flingsmash was actually $25 at my TRU and online. They also had Wii Play Motion which comes with a wii-mote plus for $30 so I picked up one of each. Got two black wii-mote pluses and two games for around the price I was going to pay for a single wii-mote plus.[/QUOTE]

No Problem, that's what we do around here.

[quote name='ferant316']Not as rare as I was expecting, saw both models at every Target around me. Still debating picking it up even though I barely have time for the games I have...[/QUOTE]

i looked on target website in my area everystore has one but most stores don't update those online systems till 8 next morning

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']why would it not sell well?[/QUOTE]

Lots of people were complaining:

"well the graphics are barley better than 360"
"I barely played my wii so I'm not buying another gimmick"
"$350 is too much for blah blah blah"
"I only saw 2 people in line at midnight"

Mostly people bitching and moaning, haha. I ordered mine online, supposed to arrive tomorrow!

The guy at the "Pheasant Lane Mall-Nashua,NH_Upper floor Gamestop," was very pushy into trying to sell me a over priced tablet plastic skin, game which I said no to three times and a warranty. Usually when I goto that particular GS my transactions are as smooth as slik and very painless. I haven't even opened my WiiU yet. Undecided if I should flip it, keep it or return it. I have too much as it is lol from a atari2600,jaguar lynx, ngpc,bandai wonderswan,goldstar 3d0,dreamcast,sega master system,ps2,ps3,xbox,xbox 360,nes top loader, game.com,psp I have no room left.

Anyone else notice considerable light leaks on the GamePad LCD? It's really noticeable at least on my screen on dark or black areas playing Nintendoland. I know all backlit LCDS have this problem or at least I think. Anyone else notice this? I tired to take a picture (sorry for the poor quality) using a black background image. Mine is mostly noticeable on the left side though sometimes on the right.
IDBnR.jpg

Happen to walk into Best Buy this afternoon without having pre-ordered and they had a huge stack so I bought two!

Edit: release day huge, more like 5 at the front.

[quote name='$hady']Happen to walk into Best Buy this afternoon and saw they had a huge stack of P̧̨̝̝̦͕͇͔͎͙̮̯̰̱̥̜̈ͭ̍ͬͤ̑ͣ̽ͦ̈͆ͩ̉h̶̘̯̤̻̖̱͗͂̇̽̂ͣͫͮͮ͘'̸̟̼͈̱ͭ͆̔ͦͩ̑ͨ̄ͯͨ̑ͥ̈̀ǹ̶̨̡̖͚̗͔̻̅̔͆͒̐͗̍̅̆́g̶̛̺͎͎͈͚̤͎̻̦̮̟͙̝̫͆̐ͦͭ̆̓ͣͨ́l̢̩̪̰̞̖̣̻͓̄̂̎̌͌̽̀́͠u̴͖͍͖͎͇̲̘͓̒̋ͧ̃̋͒̐̅ͬͦ̃ͦͮ̐ͯ̅ͅͅi̡͌̈́̾͂̏͆͌̂͆̎̑̌͋͊͗͒͐͒́͏̖͈͙̖̠̼̗̤̝͍̜̹͍͉̰́ ̶̈̒̓ͥͨ̂̏̇ͮͮͦ͐̔̒͜͞҉̝͖̰͘ͅm̢ͥ̎̌͒̀͗͂̓̃̐ͪ͗͌̔̿̿̍͘͢͠͏͎̠̩̞͈̜͙̘̙gͬ̿͋̑ͯ̚͟͡҉̳̞̻̤̦̩̖͍͍l͍͎͓̳͓͇̥͎̟̼̘͇̤͖̖̝̔̈́̏͋̊̎͆̅̅̍̔̌̓̿͢w̹̺̯̱͎̯̣̣͔͕̜̹̤̤̗͑͋̈̽ͣ͜͜'ͥ̅̏̌ͬ̏̈́͋͊̈́̃̀̚͏̜͇͉͙͇̰͈̻̘͓̩̤̀ͅǹ̶̸̰̜͎͎̞̦͙͎͍͎̉͗̓̕a̸̛̻͖̬̯̲͓̟̖̙̻̥̘̮̜̲̦̫ͯ͐̈̆ͮ̎́f̶̡̢̛͉͙͚̪̩͍̦̙̪͈͈̪ͨͩ̇ͤ́́͘h̴̛̖͔̙̫̞̦̩̻̱̊̽̐ͪ̃̎͐ͤ̌͠ ̧̯̭̮̟͍̩͉͔̺͎̞͗̉̐̒̈́ͯ͑̀͘̕͞R̨̧͇͓̙̳̪͙̲̻̲͒̍̉ͧͮͨ͛́ͤ͘͡e̴͑̐ͥ̎̿͘͟҉͈͍͓̪̠͔̱͔͚̻̥g̵̵͊̿ͧ̆̋̐̀̉ͪ̔̏̔̆̔͜͝҉̠͔̤̥͚͉̘ͅg̳͇̤̝̿̈̓̿̇͊͘iͤͪ̃͌ͥ̆͐͊ͣ̿̄͊̾͂ͯ͛̚͢͏̢͚̯̻̺͖̮̼̻̗̫̳̞̠̱̻͉̠͞e̴̊͆̇ͧ́̉͆̌ͯ͌̒̔ͫͦ̓͆ͬ̚̚͞҉͚͍̠͍̺͇ ̶̡̝͕̠̗͙͎͍̝̣̼̹̬̳̯̩̦̙̞͌ͭ͑͑̊͗̈ͭ̔R̵̩̯̫̯̭͎̜͉͕̮͊̌̇͊́̾̂̒̑͋͌̍̏́͟͠'̴̡̖̹̝̃̌̒̓ͩ͌̆̾̍̉̏ͮ̐͡ͅe̷͙͚͕͉͓̮̮̖̟͛̐͆̈́͆̽̅͐͛̍̆͑̀͜͜d̡̈̿͒̉̃ͬͥ̌̃ͩͫ̓ͦͪ͐ͭ͐̿͠͏̼͇̤̳̹͙̩̥͎̬͚̹̫̗͇̣́͡m̢̡̩̥͔̦̼̜͕̤͈̖̪̒͗̍̃ͨ̊̐̃̓̌̍̌̈͒̈ͧ̈ͨŏ̶̷̢̮̪̝̻͔̞͉̮̤͈̜̪̦͆̊̏͆̕͠n͚̗͉͕̲̫̜͓̫̘̪͇͔̞̭̹̤͎̈́̍͑̓ͨ̈́ͦͩ̿̔͌͆̓͋̐͛͟ͅd̷̸͋ͪ̒̐̔̉ͣ͆̋͒ͭͮ͛̚͞҉̘̭̙̳̳͓̻͍̣̥̳̫̭̲͍͞ ̢͂͊͆̽ͦ͌̇͛̆͆̿̓̍̀ͯ̽͏̝͖͉̘͍̻̤͖͖̳̜̟̯̠̼̞̹ͅẘ͍͈͍̠̱̝͐̐̓͑̉̓̐̓̉̃̉̑̀̚͟͜͝g̸͚͚̘̬̫̗̖̔̐ͥ̄͊̇ͤ̈̇̕͡ͅåͫ̈́͒ͦ͒̽ͣ͌̆̊̚̚҉̛̥͕͔ͅh̵̵̨͔̤͙͕̭͉̹̙͙̬͌ͧ̇ͬ͋͛̾̉ͨ̃͒ͣͥ͠ͅͅ'̸̨̠̯̦̜̼͎͓͓͖̥̞̟̘̹̺̲̳ͧ͌̽͑͒͂̈́̽̉̉͊̉̿̑ͅņ̡͔̬̞̳̤͈͙̟͉̲̺͓̝̭̮͔̬̙͆ͩ͑ͦͣͥͫ̏̚̕͟ą̷̪̘͕̩ͨͮ͑̑́̕͡g̶̻̪̘͔͙̥̤̗͇̩͍̯͔̹͐ͥ̑̋ͫ̉͋̍̎̃͞l̷͖͚̲̗̥̝̟̉̃͆̓̂ͩ̃̑ͩ̕͘͟ ̪̝̥̞͙̭̝̞̺̮͇̙̭͓̥͎̩̙̽̃̈̚͠f̴̴̶̬̜̦̱̠͚̯ͩ̐̽ͩ̂͑̅͗͠ͅh̨͙͓͙̥̤̞̣̪̱̳̘̘̘̩̤̱̙̀̏ͤͣ̚͟t̸̟͎̤̻͇̻͓̬̬͓̪̦̓ͤ̉́͋̎̑͂̓ͮ̏ͦ̅̚͘͟ȃ̒͗͗̉̎ͥͧͥ͊ͨ̉ͪ̄̓̽͏̸̢̡͚̬̠̳̹̗̥͈͉͓̗g̳̭͎͖͍͇̘͇̼̃͛̓̈́̌́̐̐ͮͣ̂̆̔̀͛ͪ͂̕͢n̨̨̛̞̗͚̠̘̝̱͕͖̼̥͇̤̖̪̲̲̠̍͌͌̀ͧ̏͛͋ͩ͂ͩ̉̀͂̉͛ͬ̉̔́͠ so I got two![/QUOTE]

So jealous, I want P̧̨̝̝̦͕͇͔͎͙̮̯̰̱̥̜̈ͭ̍ͬͤ̑ͣ̽ͦ̈͆ͩ̉h̶̘̯̤̻̖̱͗͂̇̽̂ͣͫͮͮ͘'̸̟̼͈̱ͭ͆̔ͦͩ̑ͨ̄ͯͨ̑ͥ̈̀ǹ̶̨̡̖͚̗͔̻̅̔͆͒̐͗̍̅̆́g̶̛̺͎͎͈͚̤͎̻̦̮̟͙̝̫͆̐ͦͭ̆̓ͣͨ́l̢̩̪̰̞̖̣̻͓̄̂̎̌͌̽̀́͠u̴͖͍͖͎͇̲̘͓̒̋ͧ̃̋͒̐̅ͬͦ̃ͦͮ̐ͯ̅ͅͅi̡͌̈́̾͂̏͆͌̂͆̎̑̌͋͊͗͒͐͒́͏̖͈͙̖̠̼̗̤̝͍̜̹͍͉̰́ ̶̈̒̓ͥͨ̂̏̇ͮͮͦ͐̔̒͜͞҉̝͖̰͘ͅm̢ͥ̎̌͒̀͗͂̓̃̐ͪ͗͌̔̿̿̍͘͢͠͏͎̠̩̞͈̜͙̘̙gͬ̿͋̑ͯ̚͟͡҉̳̞̻̤̦̩̖͍͍l͍͎͓̳͓͇̥͎̟̼̘͇̤͖̖̝̔̈́̏͋̊̎͆̅̅̍̔̌̓̿͢w̹̺̯̱͎̯̣̣͔͕̜̹̤̤̗͑͋̈̽ͣ͜͜'ͥ̅̏̌ͬ̏̈́͋͊̈́̃̀̚͏̜͇͉͙͇̰͈̻̘͓̩̤̀ͅǹ̶̸̰̜͎͎̞̦͙͎͍͎̉͗̓̕a̸̛̻͖̬̯̲͓̟̖̙̻̥̘̮̜̲̦̫ͯ͐̈̆ͮ̎́f̶̡̢̛͉͙͚̪̩͍̦̙̪͈͈̪ͨͩ̇ͤ́́͘h̴̛̖͔̙̫̞̦̩̻̱̊̽̐ͪ̃̎͐ͤ̌͠ ̧̯̭̮̟͍̩͉͔̺͎̞͗̉̐̒̈́ͯ͑̀͘̕͞R̨̧͇͓̙̳̪͙̲̻̲͒̍̉ͧͮͨ͛́ͤ͘͡e̴͑̐ͥ̎̿͘͟҉͈͍͓̪̠͔̱͔͚̻̥g̵̵͊̿ͧ̆̋̐̀̉ͪ̔̏̔̆̔͜͝҉̠͔̤̥͚͉̘ͅg̳͇̤̝̿̈̓̿̇͊͘iͤͪ̃͌ͥ̆͐͊ͣ̿̄͊̾͂ͯ͛̚͢͏̢͚̯̻̺͖̮̼̻̗̫̳̞̠̱̻͉̠͞e̴̊͆̇ͧ́̉͆̌ͯ͌̒̔ͫͦ̓͆ͬ̚̚͞҉͚͍̠͍̺͇ ̶̡̝͕̠̗͙͎͍̝̣̼̹̬̳̯̩̦̙̞͌ͭ͑͑̊͗̈ͭ̔R̵̩̯̫̯̭͎̜͉͕̮͊̌̇͊́̾̂̒̑͋͌̍̏́͟͠'̴̡̖̹̝̃̌̒̓ͩ͌̆̾̍̉̏ͮ̐͡ͅe̷͙͚͕͉͓̮̮̖̟͛̐͆̈́͆̽̅͐͛̍̆͑̀͜͜d̡̈̿͒̉̃ͬͥ̌̃ͩͫ̓ͦͪ͐ͭ͐̿͠͏̼͇̤̳̹͙̩̥͎̬͚̹̫̗͇̣́͡m̢̡̩̥͔̦̼̜͕̤͈̖̪̒͗̍̃ͨ̊̐̃̓̌̍̌̈͒̈ͧ̈ͨŏ̶̷̢̮̪̝̻͔̞͉̮̤͈̜̪̦͆̊̏͆̕͠n͚̗͉͕̲̫̜͓̫̘̪͇͔̞̭̹̤͎̈́̍͑̓ͨ̈́ͦͩ̿̔͌͆̓͋̐͛͟ͅd̷̸͋ͪ̒̐̔̉ͣ͆̋͒ͭͮ͛̚͞҉̘̭̙̳̳͓̻͍̣̥̳̫̭̲͍͞ ̢͂͊͆̽ͦ͌̇͛̆͆̿̓̍̀ͯ̽͏̝͖͉̘͍̻̤͖͖̳̜̟̯̠̼̞̹ͅẘ͍͈͍̠̱̝͐̐̓͑̉̓̐̓̉̃̉̑̀̚͟͜͝g̸͚͚̘̬̫̗̖̔̐ͥ̄͊̇ͤ̈̇̕͡ͅåͫ̈́͒ͦ͒̽ͣ͌̆̊̚̚҉̛̥͕͔ͅh̵̵̨͔̤͙͕̭͉̹̙͙̬͌ͧ̇ͬ͋͛̾̉ͨ̃͒ͣͥ͠ͅͅ'̸̨̠̯̦̜̼͎͓͓͖̥̞̟̘̹̺̲̳ͧ͌̽͑͒͂̈́̽̉̉͊̉̿̑ͅņ̡͔̬̞̳̤͈͙̟͉̲̺͓̝̭̮͔̬̙͆ͩ͑ͦͣͥͫ̏̚̕͟ą̷̪̘͕̩ͨͮ͑̑́̕͡g̶̻̪̘͔͙̥̤̗͇̩͍̯͔̹͐ͥ̑̋ͫ̉͋̍̎̃͞l̷͖͚̲̗̥̝̟̉̃͆̓̂ͩ̃̑ͩ̕͘͟ ̪̝̥̞͙̭̝̞̺̮͇̙̭͓̥͎̩̙̽̃̈̚͠f̴̴̶̬̜̦̱̠͚̯ͩ̐̽ͩ̂͑̅͗͠ͅh̨͙͓͙̥̤̞̣̪̱̳̘̘̘̩̤̱̙̀̏ͤͣ̚͟t̸̟͎̤̻͇̻͓̬̬͓̪̦̓ͤ̉́͋̎̑͂̓ͮ̏ͦ̅̚͘͟ȃ̒͗͗̉̎ͥͧͥ͊ͨ̉ͪ̄̓̽͏̸̢̡͚̬̠̳̹̗̥͈͉͓̗g̳̭͎͖͍͇̘͇̼̃͛̓̈́̌́̐̐ͮͣ̂̆̔̀͛ͪ͂̕͢n̨̨̛̞̗͚̠̘̝̱͕͖̼̥͇̤̖̪̲̲̠̍͌͌̀ͧ̏͛͋ͩ͂ͩ̉̀͂̉͛ͬ̉̔́͠ too!!

[quote name='vtswordfish']I am very pleased with it, seems pretty durable and it has clips that lock it onto the gamepad. I used it for a couple of hours this afternoon and honestly didn't notice the added difference on the controller. It has a kind of pointless stand on the back of it that I may take off, but for $10 you can't beat it.[/QUOTE]
How does it feel? I mean, not bulk-wise, but to the touch? I was contemplating getting that, but it looks like it will feel uncomfortable, especially during the summer. And I'm also concerned about dust getting trapped underneath it. That's bound to happen with anything you put on there, but when the thing is clear, everything will obviously be easier to say.

[quote name='PaleGreen']Here's the Nerf Armor in action:[/QUOTE]
How is it? Does it get in the way of the shoulder and trigger buttons at all?

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']does it take forever to update the wii u?[/QUOTE]
The servers are probably getting slammed, so it could take a while depending on your connection and what time you do it. I started updating around 5 PM PST and it took just over 40 minutes on a 6 Mbps connection. Some people are saying it took them two hours on connections faster than mine.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Cheaper than condoms.[/QUOTE]
You buy expensive condoms...

[quote name='Katsumi']So.. for those of you who picked up screen protectors as well...

Any tips on applying them? They seem to be statically charged (I got a couple of the PDP ones, where you peel off one side, apply it, and peel off top). Whatever I do, a couple stray specs of dust always get in under the protector. I tried to lift it off and remove it, but only succeeded in adding another blemish lol[/QUOTE]

Turn your hot shower on and close the door. Let the bathroom steam up.

All the dust and everything will be pushed down to the floor from the heat/steam and it is SUPER easy to put on

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i looked on target website in my area everystore has one but most stores don't update those online systems till 8 next morning[/QUOTE]

No, I went to one Target around 2PM and another at 8PM (latter was with the GF which is why two Targets in a day) Unless they just have dummy boxes as part of the display case and the systems are actually out back (some stores do that to deter theft/avoid replenishment). I'm not sure how Target works anymore actually, last system I bought there was my Wii.

I was deadset on this being the first console I didn't buy on release day but damn has it been hard, especially after reading all the positive reactions online.

[quote name='Daring']fuck Gamestop. fuck ers there think they can just sell my pre-order unit just b/c they were unable to contact me. Whats the fuck ing point of pre-order and charging me $25, if they can just sell my pre-order at will, as if i wont be picking up my unit and just let them keep my $25. Dumbshit like this only happens @ Gamestop.

Gamestop preorder = BS[/QUOTE]

If/when you call to complain the manager will most likely make some excuse and most people will tell you to get the DM's number which is fine and good. However once you talk to the DM I would actually ask to talk to his manager. Multiple times I had my DM (ran a GS for 2 years, worked at one for 5 years prior) call and tell me 'I see you still have xx copies in stock, sell that shit.' When I told him that it was a preorder the typical response I got was 'man those cats probably forgot, you will get some more soon, just sell it'.

The DM's are concerned about their sell through numbers and other crap. Granted their managers probably aren't much better, but I will say that 9 times out of 10 my DM's boss had my back when my DM didn't.

[quote name='ZombieToast']How does it feel? I mean, not bulk-wise, but to the touch? I was contemplating getting that, but it looks like it will feel uncomfortable, especially during the summer. And I'm also concerned about dust getting trapped underneath it. That's bound to happen with anything you put on there, but when the thing is clear, everything will obviously be easier to say.[/QUOTE]

It feels just fine, truthfully it isn't that bulky or noticeable on the controller, the back plastic is actually a grip texture so it isn't as smooth, but I like that better than silicone. I'm sure that dust can get up under it, but it is easy to remove and clean if you really wanted to do that.

Not sure if any cags came to my Target, but I was surprised we didn't sell out of the deluxe Wii U's until about 1:30. My team stopped about 5 resellers from trying to buy multiple systems while being tax exempt and some dude came in early in the morning and was like "I want to buy all of the wii u deluxe editions you have in stock" and I kinda laughed and told him no, 1 per person.

Just got my own Wii U Deluxe bundle from FYE today!! There were literally two pepople in the store and they were looking at CD's. Getting the preorder was a cinch, the only thing is that fye has a ridiculous policy where you must purchase two games or accessories with any console purchase. Fortunately, it's ANY game and ANY accesory, doesnt have to be for the Wii U. I picked up GHIII for PS2 for $4 and Rapala fishing for $2. Still, what a RIPOFF. I am enjoying the system and right now Im typing this on it as I wait for smbu to finish downloading.

[quote name='cigaro']Turn your hot shower on and close the door. Let the bathroom steam up.

All the dust and everything will be pushed down to the floor from the heat/steam and it is SUPER easy to put on[/QUOTE]

Then make love to the controller.

[quote name='cigaro']Turn your hot shower on and close the door. Let the bathroom steam up.

All the dust and everything will be pushed down to the floor from the heat/steam and it is SUPER easy to put on[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is the way to do it. I'm not sure whats included with the screen protector but be sure to wipe off the screen with a lint free cloth and it also helps a lot to use one of those little pieces of cardboard to help applying it. If it doesnt include that stuff w/ the screen protector I'd get at least the cloth before doing it and maybe use a credit card or something hard and thin like that to help with applying it.

Also, if you actually do it after taking a shower, don't drip water all over it while trying to apply it. I've done that a couple times now..

[quote name='vtswordfish']Then make love to the controller.[/QUOTE]

This is the other way to do it.

Glad to hear these are somewhat available on release day with more shipments coming. Sadly I see no way the next Xbox and Sony will be the same. These were not in demand because Nintendo laid a huge turd with the Wii and now the real Wii releases we shoulda had years ago.

Not opening either I got.. one is for a friends kids Christmas she paying me back and other is for sale on Craigslist or another Xmas gift like the 1st.

[quote name='ZombieToast']You buy expensive condoms...[/QUOTE]

Get this: diamond-covered condoms. They're popular in France, or so I hear.

Crazy tip!

So yeah, im pretty sure its my wireless modem thats a piece of shit and not letting me update. Have an old wireless router and for some reason the modem won't send internet to that.

How good is the rocketfish lan adapter? Would it be good enough to do the download at least?

[quote name='$hady']Glad to hear these are somewhat available on release day with more shipments coming. Sadly I see no way the next Xbox and Sony will be the same. These were not in demand because Nintendo laid a huge turd with the Wii and now the real Wii releases we shoulda had years ago.

Not opening either I got.. one is for a friends kids Christmas she paying me back and other is for sale on Craigslist or another Xmas gift like the 1st.[/QUOTE]

I...what? Nintendo laid a huge turd with the Wii yet they were impossible to find for almost two years and is the highest selling console of the generation with some of the highest selling software effort.

Oh yeah, turd, definitely.

[quote name='vtswordfish']I knew i was doing it wrong, I didn't let it get steamy enough.[/QUOTE]
You needed a Barry White cd playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back