Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deader2818']Yeah, just would need to spend around 500 instead of 300-350.

Plus, no one knows how bad the latency would be.[/QUOTE]

i will gladly pay money for a decent online service which is why i pay for xbox live

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']everything expect a decent online service. Plus all that was possible with ps3/vita just saying. My wii u will just be uses for 1st party nintendo games unless 3rd party games are only made for the wii u[/QUOTE]

dont even mention the ps3 and vita. just not the same experience.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']just got home with my wii u from wal mart

but i kind of don't want to play it since I want to get a controller screen protector first, lol[/QUOTE]

They are terrible. I bought the official ones with 2 stylus. The first one left a dirty smear when i removed the numbered sticker on the front. The second was already scratched up as they dont come with 2 protective covers like phone ones do, just one to stick and the front has a sticker on it.

REALLY disappointed, 10$ down the drain.

Well I must say that I am quite happy with the purchase. Was contemplating playing zombiu or returning it, but decided to just open it up and give it a shot. I am loving it so far. I went the survival mode option (once you die, game over), and found myself afraid to see whats around the corner. I died after about an hour:) On a side note, I ordered a cheap screen protector a few weeks ago in anticipation of the release. It works fine but will eventually replace with a higher end one. I paid like only $2 for it.

the gamepad is cool but in nba 2k13 its a pain in the ass when im trying to drive to the basket because my hand is too far seperated

pro controller fixes this though

KratosGOW2525, by default the audio comes from the TV and the gamepad. There is a volume control on the gamepad though and a headphone jack, so you can either mute the TV, mute the gamepad or both. Or do what I do: Play just on the gamepad with headphones =) Very customizable!

[quote name='goomba478']KratosGOW2525, by default the audio comes from the TV and the gamepad. There is a volume control on the gamepad though and a headphone jack, so you can either mute the TV, mute the gamepad or both. Or do what I do: Play just on the gamepad with headphones =) Very customizable![/QUOTE]

yes i got a wii U which is a home system to play on a small screen. that is what my 3ds is for.

[quote name='metsfan1545d']when u play wii games the thing takes you too a wii menu just like the old system[/QUOTE]

my guess is that is what the large update was for

I LOVE this thing! I've been playing all night. Like many of you, it won't connect to my wifi so I have to try to understand the long-ass process to manually do it. I just skipped it for now because I wanted to get to the games. One this that makes me think it'll be a while before I get my console connected to the web: it says knowing what kind of security (ssid?) is key. I have no idea what kind I have. I'll have to mess with it tomorrow, and download the long ass update once I get it connected.

I've jut been playing Mario and Nintendoland so far, without online hooked up...but I effing love this. It is definitely next generation. Not current. It feels new. Completely fresh. I am so glad I preordered.

[quote name='goomba478']I am absolutely loving New Super Mario Bros. U! I've been playing it exclusively on the gamepad down in my basement (no router issues amazingly) and it's silky smooth and beautiful. Finally found a way that I can play console games while the family is asleep. It's incredibly cool too that you can plug headphones into the controller as well. Nintendo literally thought of everything :)[/QUOTE]

Can you do this with every game?

[quote name='SolidMGSnake']Can you do this with every game?[/QUOTE]

only thing i ever seen it done with is mario so who knows. Even nintendo showed it off with mario.

Nintendoland is awesome. I love the Metroid and Pikmin games!

I'm finally turning NSMB on in a few minutes, when my gf finishes her homework. I haven't even watched a trailer since the first time they showed it. I've seen a few tiny spoilers but for the most part i'm going in blind!

I love a good console launch.

Your ssid is the name of the network you have, it probably has to do with the security you have set up, such as wep, wpa2 and so on.

Some of these other security features sometimes need extra steps in the Wii U network setup so it can properly connect.

[quote name='skiizim']Your ssid is the name of the network you have, it probably has to do with the security you have set up, such as wep, wpa2 and so on.

Some of these other security features sometimes need extra steps in the Wii U network setup so it can properly connect.[/QUOTE]

I guess that's what I meant. I don't know if I have wep, wpa2, etc

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Do all games allow you to play on the gamepad without the tv? Like batman or zombiu? Or is it dependent on the game?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the game, I forgot what it said during the tutorial but it lets you know if you can. I was just looking at the back of one of the games, I wished it depicted a picture of allowing that feature. It has a picture of a gamepad, I don't know if that means it goes both ways or it you can just use it.

[quote name='skiizim']It depends on the game, I forgot what it said during the tutorial but it lets you know if you can. I was just looking at the back of one of the games, I wished it depicted a picture of allowing that feature. It has a picture of a gamepad, I don't know if that means it goes both ways or it you can just use it.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks, I appreciate it. Not a big deal, was just curious. I can't wait to get mine!

why is it so hard for nintendo to put ethernet ports into their systems.it's yet another way nintendo trys to cut cost. I'm sorry but don't matter if you have the best router on this planet. some Electronics affects the signal of wireless internet nothing you can do about it. It's more on customer and you ALWAYS get better connection hardlined then wireless.

Was anyone elses update really fast??? mine only took 5 mins. I dont know what all this talk about the slow loading time is? Maybe this isnt the same update? Did you have to do anything to initiate the update because mine did it on its own...

[quote name='HydroX']To anyone that has a preorder at Target... If your preorder fell through at one store, it can be honored at another store as long as you have your preorder card and the store has systems set aside for preorders only.[/QUOTE]

This is very YMMV. My order fell through because my target didn't get any deluxe models for shipment. I went to another Target and they said that they can only honor the card if you bought it at that particular store. They really aren't supposed to honor something like this because it throws off the preorder scheme. If I take a unit from Store B instead of my original Store A, then the person who ordered at Store B might miss out on the console they preordered there.

This is the only browser I'm comfortable using on my TV. Browsers on the big screen just didn't work for me before the gamepad. Best console or handheld browser I've ever experienced by far (haven't used IE on Xbox So I can't speak on that.)

Netflix on here is hands down the best consoles have to offer, an honor previously bestowed upon the PS3.

for anyone that got epic mickey 2 on wiiu today, can you tell me if you are forced to play with gamepad? or can you use pointer controls with mickey?

[quote name='BigJoe']Was anyone elses update really fast??? mine only took 5 mins. I dont know what all this talk about the slow loading time is? Maybe this isnt the same update? Did you have to do anything to initiate the update because mine did it on its own...[/QUOTE]

well, obviously all the people who got their launch systems at midnight last night and early 8 or 10am in the morning all got in the system to update and clogged the servers. if you updated just now, then you weren't in the heavy traffic. I am updating now and it's taking about 15 minutes

Here's a question, and i'll post this in the general thread too. I went ahead and bypassed connecting to the internet because I didn't want to try to understand the complicated process. I wanted to get right to playing. I'll be hooking it up tomorrow and updating. But, I heard NSMBU forces another system update? Well, I already started playing that game, and have saved data.

Does anyone know if the console recognizes Mario needs a system update, will this cause my save data to be corrupted or erased? Thanks for any help.

[quote name='BigJoe']Was anyone elses update really fast??? mine only took 5 mins. I dont know what all this talk about the slow loading time is? Maybe this isnt the same update? Did you have to do anything to initiate the update because mine did it on its own...[/QUOTE]

well, it's supposed to be a 5gb update.

[quote name='ral1121']well, it's supposed to be a 5gb update.[/QUOTE]

I just updated mine finally - checked the packet capture on the AP it's isolated to;
Usage:
654.4 MB (652.4 MB received, 1.9 MB sent)

ok i love the tv remote part of the gamepad.....why you ask? i dont know why but i can bury a remote in under a second and spend 10 minutes searching for the damn thing. but a big giant gamepad that even has its own power plug is a lot harder to lose.

i seriously thought this was going to be the dumbest thing they added to the console but by golly i love the TV remote function....its a remote i cant lose!

Gamepad Only Able Games:
Darksiders 2
Warriors Orochi 3
Black Ops 2
Batman
AC3
NSMB U
Tekken TT2
Scribblenauts unlimited
Rabbids Land
Sonic Racers

These are the ones I know of anyway.

[quote name='henry00x']what games besides NSMBU and Zombie are you guys picking up?

im thinking about getting Sega All-stars, Epic Mickey 2 or Ninja Gaiden 3[/QUOTE]

Only have Mario so far. I put off Skylander Giants until the Wii U came out, so that will be my next purchase.

Nothing else catching my eye at the moment, though that is mainly due to having a lot of the solid games (Batman, Darksiders II, etc) already on PC.

So my next plan of attack is picking up some of the best Wii games and playing through those since I abandoned my Wii early on. Have a Zelda game I picked up from a gamefly sale a while back that will probably be first.

My two $8 flingsmash bundles I got from some crazy BestBuy clearance sale a long while ago is finally paying off, yay for wiimotes. Need to get a nunchuck tho, and $20 for one feels like a punch to the gut.

got board so looked in craigslist to see what i could find found two ads trying to get 750 for the black wii. so i send the flipper a dirty email about how i can't stand flippers. I get a response of him saying that is harashment and if i send him one more email he will press charges even if the email is a random one i made. lol have to love flippers.

selling it at that price is non sense and pretty much trying to get dumb parents to buy it and he walks away double what he paid while they get ripped off.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i really don't see an advantage of the browser compared to ie10 on 360. but who the heck uses web browser on gaming system anywamys. I use the system to play games not go on internet that is what a pc is for and always have next to me while playing a game.[/QUOTE]
Just because you don't use the browser, it doesn't mean that thousands of other people don't. Many, many people keep their computers and consoles in different rooms, especially those with families and those who like to entertain a lot. Consoles aren't catered to you specifically. Browsing on consoles has been a highly sought-after feature for years, which is why it is becoming standard. For the aforementioned people who keep computers in another room and for those who are unable to hook their computer up to their TV for whatever reason, it is extremely useful. For me, personally, it's nice to have because my TV only has three HDMI ports, so this allows me to display things on the TV for guests or my kid without having to switch out cables. It is also useful because it means that someone can browse the internet while I still use my computer.

As for why I think this is superior to Xbox's browser...
1. It's faster. IE10 is quite fast, especially compared to PS3 and 3DS, but this is definitely faster.
2. It is much easier to copy links and image locations.
3. I can display images on the television (which my kid loves) while I browse on the tablet.
4. If you don't want people to see what you're doing because you want to surprise them or you're playing some kind of game or you just want to type something private real quick, just tap on a little "button" and the TV is covered with curtains while your Mii provides some entertainment.
5. It has tabs, which I don't believe are available on the Xbox. But not only that, it also switches between tabs instantly and seamlessly.
6. The Bookmarks are a lot more organized in my opinion. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with how it's done on Xbox, but I feel that this feature is more convenient on Wii U.
7. Typing is easy and painless. If you have access to SmartGlass, then browsing on the Xbox is a breeze...but if you don't, then trying to type anything is a huge chore.
8. Browser buttons. For whatever reason, not everything is mapped to the controller for Xbox. Going back a page is simple enough, but I believe the only way to go forward is to bring up the menu, even if you are using SmartGlass. On the Wii U, everything is just there. And none of this stuff is displayed on the TV, so that whole screen is dedicated to the content.
9. Zooming is far more fluid and you don't have to wait for on-screen content to be re-optimized. It is much more precise with SmartGlass, however. I definitely prefer the pinch/stretch method as opposed to clicking on plus and minus signs.

And that's just what I gathered from 15-20 minutes of playing around with it; there may be other things I haven't discovered yet. Don't get me wrong, IE10 is great. It works pretty well and if you have SmartGlass, it's downright impressive (I personally had a lot of fun with it). But I'm even more impressed with this because it's just so user-friendly. I didn't check to see if it can handle Flash or not, but I'm assuming it probably can't...but that's currently the norm when it comes to console browsing.

[quote name='gordojones88']
joystiq.com/wii-u-gamepad-console-gaming-with-no-tv-required

No, I think right now it is NSMBU, Batman AC, one other?[/QUOTE]
Definitely not all games, especially those that will want to try out different gimmicks like ZombiU...but I think we can expect a lot of games to support this feature. Scribblenauts Unlimited is another one that supports it. In fact, playing on the tablet is actually better than playing on the TV (and the tablet screen is required).

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']why is it so hard for nintendo to put ethernet ports into their systems.it's yet another way nintendo trys to cut cost. I'm sorry but don't matter if you have the best router on this planet. some Electronics affects the signal of wireless internet nothing you can do about it. It's more on customer and you ALWAYS get better connection hardlined then wireless.[/QUOTE]
Right, it doesn't matter if you have the best router on the planet...because you can also have a crappy router like mine and still have absolutely no issues whatsoever. If signal interference is a concern for you, you probably need to update some of your electronics. I agree that being wired is more reliable, but it doesn't mean that a wireless connection is going to be unreliable. I have a dinky little $40 Belkin router and can't recall ever having connection issues (aside from when the ISP has issues, of course). Things can happen, sure, but it's a tried and true method of connection at this point. I understand the need for an ethernet port for some people, but considering how common it is for people to have wireless networks these days, it doesn't make sense for everyone to pay more for a feature they don't need. If you look around, you can find reliable network adapters selling for next to nothing.

[quote name='ral1121']well, it's supposed to be a 5gb update.[/QUOTE]
I don't believe that for a second. I have a decent internet connection (5 Mbps), but I think downloading 5 GB in 40 minutes is a bit of a stretch. Just because 5 GB is being taken up on the hard drive, it doesn't mean that it's all from the update. Some of that is being taken up by the OS as well and there is probably a lot of empty space reserved for app data and future updates. Either that or I just got really lucky.

Zombie U you need a tv to play the Game Pad is pretty sweet for it though... Don't understand the low scores for the game I am having a blast with it. Playing Mario I don't even look at my 58 inch tv dunno if thats a bad thing lol

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Are purchases made in the eShop now associated to your account or is it still only associated with the console? Anyone know? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Account.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Just because you don't use the browser, it doesn't mean that thousands of other people don't. Many, many people keep their computers and consoles in different rooms, especially those with families and those who like to entertain a lot. Consoles aren't catered to you specifically. Browsing on consoles has been a highly sought-after feature for years, which is why it is becoming standard. For the aforementioned people who keep computers in another room and for those who are unable to hook their computer up to their TV for whatever reason, it is extremely useful. For me, personally, it's nice to have because my TV only has three HDMI ports, so this allows me to display things on the TV for guests or my kid without having to switch out cables. It is also useful because it means that someone can browse the internet while I still use my computer.

As for why I think this is superior to Xbox's browser...
1. It's faster. IE10 is quite fast, especially compared to PS3 and 3DS, but this is definitely faster.
2. It is much easier to copy links and image locations.
3. I can display images on the television (which my kid loves) while I browse on the tablet.
4. If you don't want people to see what you're doing because you want to surprise them or you're playing some kind of game or you just want to type something private real quick, just tap on a little "button" and the TV is covered with curtains while your Mii provides some entertainment.
5. It has tabs, which I don't believe are available on the Xbox. But not only that, it also switches between tabs instantly and seamlessly.
6. The Bookmarks are a lot more organized in my opinion. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with how it's done on Xbox, but I feel that this feature is more convenient on Wii U.
7. Typing is easy and painless. If you have access to SmartGlass, then browsing on the Xbox is a breeze...but if you don't, then trying to type anything is a huge chore.
8. Browser buttons. For whatever reason, not everything is mapped to the controller for Xbox. Going back a page is simple enough, but I believe the only way to go forward is to bring up the menu, even if you are using SmartGlass. On the Wii U, everything is just there. And none of this stuff is displayed on the TV, so that whole screen is dedicated to the content.
9. Zooming is far more fluid and you don't have to wait for on-screen content to be re-optimized. It is much more precise with SmartGlass, however. I definitely prefer the pinch/stretch method as opposed to clicking on plus and minus signs.

And that's just what I gathered from 15-20 minutes of playing around with it; there may be other things I haven't discovered yet. Don't get me wrong, IE10 is great. It works pretty well and if you have SmartGlass, it's downright impressive (I personally had a lot of fun with it). But I'm even more impressed with this because it's just so user-friendly. I didn't check to see if it can handle Flash or not, but I'm assuming it probably can't...but that's currently the norm when it comes to console browsing.

Definitely not all games, especially those that will want to try out different gimmicks like ZombiU...but I think we can expect a lot of games to support this feature. Scribblenauts Unlimited is another one that supports it. In fact, playing on the tablet is actually better than playing on the TV (and the tablet screen is required).

Right, it doesn't matter if you have the best router on the planet...because you can also have a crappy router like mine and still have absolutely no issues whatsoever. If signal interference is a concern for you, you probably need to update some of your electronics. I agree that being wired is more reliable, but it doesn't mean that a wireless connection is going to be unreliable. I have a dinky little $40 Belkin router and can't recall ever having connection issues (aside from when the ISP has issues, of course). Things can happen, sure, but it's a tried and true method of connection at this point. I understand the need for an ethernet port for some people, but considering how common it is for people to have wireless networks these days, it doesn't make sense for everyone to pay more for a feature they don't need. If you look around, you can find reliable network adapters selling for next to nothing.

I don't believe that for a second. I have a decent internet connection (5 Mbps), but I think downloading 5 GB in 40 minutes is a bit of a stretch. Just because 5 GB is being taken up on the hard drive, it doesn't mean that it's all from the update. Some of that is being taken up by the OS as well and there is probably a lot of empty space reserved for app data and future updates. Either that or I just got really lucky.[/QUOTE]

reading all this i might have to actually try the wii u browser. although i admit i find the feature ultimately pointless on a console as the browsers are almost always gimped....less youtube videos for instance, flash never works and a whole host of other problems. but i guess if you are a teen you can fap on the console browsers and hide it a lot easier if the console is in your room but the PC isnt.

[quote name='henry00x']what games besides NSMBU and Zombie are you guys picking up?

im thinking about getting Sega All-stars, Epic Mickey 2 or Ninja Gaiden 3[/QUOTE]

newegged zombieU and tank tank tank. and on a whim with that 3x points best buy coupon ninja gaiden 3(i havent played the original one and i only played the first two levels of ninja gaiden 1 on the ps3 so i cant really say how it stacks up but i love it so far). no im not picking mario right now maybe eventually but eh these three games interest me far more.

also grabbed a Wii USB adaptar ethernet thing. and a 1.99 4 movie cheese collection but hey i am sucker for that kind of movie.

Does the Wii USB ethernet adapter work with Wii U? If it does it could make a really huge difference here. I don't see why it couldn't work but this is nintendo after all.

dont know havent tried. i only bought it help my wii transfer data over the wii u but it still kept getting system memory access errors. since my wii's wireless connection is spotty because quite frankly anything but a nintendo system would of died ages ago.

ive heard it does work but ill try it in a little bit and report back

EDIT:

on a slightly amusing note the brand new Wii U sensor bar does not work....but the wii sense bar that was buried on the floor collecting dirt underneath God only knows what kind of pile i left it under....works still.

So when do you guys think this wii u system will be available to buy next..? lol. It seems sold out everywhere, and I'm interested in getting it in the next month or so.

Do you think Im out of luck?

Holy shit. Nintendoland is incredibly fun.

Me and my friends were bent over laughing the majority of the time playing those mini games.... freaking hilarious.

I can see that being a really good drinking/party game to hold over until Mario Party. How awesome

[quote name='TerraBemani']Does the Wii USB ethernet adapter work with Wii U? If it does it could make a really huge difference here. I don't see why it couldn't work but this is nintendo after all.[/QUOTE]

It works. I hooked mine up. I configured my connection to wired and no problems. My update took only 30 minutes.

I ordered 2 deluxe Wii U's from Walmart and both shipped. :eek: I was worried cuz people here were saying its just 1 order per store or they cancel your additional orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back