Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vasco']It works. I hooked mine up. I configured my connection to wired and no problems. My update took only 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]

which one do you have, I don't think there is an official nintendo adapter is there? I see a rocketfish LAN adapter on ebay for 13 bucks, but not sure if i should just go ahead and buy that one

If anyone comes across any affordable USB chargers for the GamePad, please let me know. I prefer to play at my computer and the only outlets (of which none are currently available) are buried back behind my desk. I can just go sit on the couch and enjoy my Scribblenauts there, but it's nice to have all bases covered. So far, I have found one USB charger, but it comes with a cradle and it costs $17.99. Too bad we can't just use 3DS cables...

[quote name='nightmarishhero']which one do you have, I don't think there is an official nintendo adapter is there? I see a rocketfish LAN adapter on ebay for 13 bucks, but not sure if i should just go ahead and buy that one[/QUOTE]

There is an official Nintendo one and it's the only one guaranteed to work 100%. You can only order a new one from Nintendo, so your best bet is used. Mine works like a charm.

EDIT: http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...goryId=62707&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

[quote name='henry00x']what games besides NSMBU and Zombie are you guys picking up?

im thinking about getting Sega All-stars, Epic Mickey 2 or Ninja Gaiden 3[/QUOTE]

Sonic Racing is surprisingly fun so far. It's seemed a lot more fresh than any of the recent Mario Kart games have (MK:DD was the last MK game that felt fresh to me). It's too early to tell if it's balanced or if it has the longevity of a MK title, but for $40 it's a bargain. My only two complaints are a) it would be nice if the special items were a big larger after you shoot them so it was easier to see on the screen b) I guess I was expecting a bit more out of it graphically/frame rate wise. At no point does the frame rate get in the way of gameplay...and there's a massive amount of stuff going on in the background...but I was hoping it would either look better than the PS360 version or at least have a higher frame rate. Its doesn't. So, dreams of it running F-Zero buttery smooth...sorry.

[quote name='TerraBemani']Does the Wii USB ethernet adapter work with Wii U? If it does it could make a really huge difference here. I don't see why it couldn't work but this is nintendo after all.[/QUOTE]

Even if it does, it shouldn't make a difference with the long download times. The bandwidth bottleneck here is with Nintendo's servers, not your Wii U. I.e., if the speed limit is 35mph, you're going to get to your destination in the same amount of time whether you're driving a Lexus or a Kia.

I hope Nintendo's servers are just buckling under the weight of a new launch and that we don't end up with absurdly slow servers like with Sony. Whether you hate XBL or not, you gotta admit...Microsoft's server speed is fantastic. It figures that the American company would understand the concept of impatience :p

[quote name='Davivascaino']do you think a portable USB powered 3.b hard rive will be ok for the wii u? bestbuy will have one for 39.99[/QUOTE]

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/17/key-details-on-wii-u-storage-solutions

"Some drives are able to be powered through USB 3.0. As we noted in our original story (below), 3.0 drives are not promised to work, though Nintendo has clarified these devices will effectively operate at USB 2.0."

There is another line at the bottom if Hard Drive requires 2 USB connections it will work.

[quote name='ProppaT']I hope Nintendo's servers are just buckling under the weight of a new launch and that we don't end up with absurdly slow servers like with Sony. Whether you hate XBL or not, you gotta admit...Microsoft's server speed is fantastic. It figures that the American company would understand the concept of impatience :p[/QUOTE]
Nobody can withstand the kind of crush they get during an event like this. Hell Amazon is one of the monsters of cloud computing and they got destroyed during BF a couple years ago. Steam gets smashed during high volume sales. I don't think there's anything to be worried about from a day 1 network crush.

Just my opinion though.

BTW, I don't know if this has been covered yet, but...

Wii games look great on the Wii U. Sure, it's the same resolution, but (at least in my case) the digital output made all the difference in the world as far as clarity/blurriness goes. Many companies are skimping on the quality of analog tv inputs at this point, which might have a bit to do with it. Regardless, things are nice and clear and not blurry/hazy now. Everything looks great!

I wouldn't worry about the connection speeds too much. It was definitely slow when I first went online, but I was just looking through eShop and Miiverse a few minutes ago and the speed was just fine.

[quote name='ProppaT']BTW, I don't know if this has been covered yet, but...

Wii games look great on the Wii U. Sure, it's the same resolution, but (at least in my case) the digital output made all the difference in the world as far as clarity/blurriness goes. Many companies are skimping on the quality of analog tv inputs at this point, which might have a bit to do with it. Regardless, things are nice and clear and not blurry/hazy now. Everything looks great![/QUOTE]

That's really nice to hear since the second game I'm going to play on my WiiU will be Xenoblade, which frankly looks like ass on myHDTV even with component cables.

[quote name='Reraise']They are terrible. I bought the official ones with 2 stylus. The first one left a dirty smear when i removed the numbered sticker on the front. The second was already scratched up as they dont come with 2 protective covers like phone ones do, just one to stick and the front has a sticker on it.

REALLY disappointed, 10$ down the drain.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I had the same experience. They were useless. I may try the Hori ones at some point.

[quote name='portnoyd']That's really nice to hear since the second game I'm going to play on my WiiU will be Xenoblade, which frankly looks like ass on myHDTV even with component cables.[/QUOTE]

Such a good game. But damn is it ugly. Lol! I booted up xenoblade & skyward sword on the wii u last night & honestly didn't see a difference at all. It looks exactly the same. Not sharper not clearer. I think people just want to believe it looks better being played through wii u.

[quote name='ProppaT']BTW, I don't know if this has been covered yet, but...

Wii games look great on the Wii U. Sure, it's the same resolution, but (at least in my case) the digital output made all the difference in the world as far as clarity/blurriness goes. Many companies are skimping on the quality of analog tv inputs at this point, which might have a bit to do with it. Regardless, things are nice and clear and not blurry/hazy now. Everything looks great![/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. I've been meaning to try out the one Wii game I have left (Skyward Sword) but unfortunately I never loaded it in my Wii to begin with so I don't know if I'd notice a difference or not. I knew the Wii-U wouldn't upscale but getting rid of that blur that plagued my Wii gaming on my HDTV is a great thing to hear. It might even get me to pick up a few Wii games I never bothered playing.

[quote name='gmsick']Such a good game. But damn is it ugly. Lol! I booted up xenoblade & skyward sword on the wii u last night & honestly didn't see a difference at all. It looks exactly the same. Not sharper not clearer. I think people just want to believe it looks better being played through wii u.[/QUOTE]

If you had them displaying HDMI and Composite/Component side-by-side on two HDTVs, you'd definitely notice sharpness, just because HDMI is such a step up. However, the jaggies will also look sharper in HDMI (Wii U isn't going to make Wii games less jagged). So there's a trade-off.

[quote name='cigaro']Holy shit. Nintendoland is incredibly fun.

Me and my friends were bent over laughing the majority of the time playing those mini games.... freaking hilarious.

I can see that being a really good drinking/party game to hold over until Mario Party. How awesome[/QUOTE]
I never thought id agree, but nintendo land is really fun. Mario chase and animal crossing are by far the stars of the game. Me and a group of friends had a blast playing five player on those two minigames. The girls loved it too. A pleasent suprise for a pack in.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Thanks for this. I've been meaning to try out the one Wii game I have left (Skyward Sword) but unfortunately I never loaded it in my Wii to begin with so I don't know if I'd notice a difference or not. I knew the Wii-U wouldn't upscale but getting rid of that blur that plagued my Wii gaming on my HDTV is a great thing to hear. It might even get me to pick up a few Wii games I never bothered playing.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find my copy of Skyward Sword last night, or I would have tried that. That game was so blurry on my Wii/42" Plasma that I just gave up. The text was even hard to read. I'm hoping HDMI makes this playable for me. However, from what I saw with what I did try in my Wii U, I definitely plan on picking up Xenoblades and Last Story. I'm not a graphics fiend at all, all I ask is that things not be blurry...and I think this did the trick. The colors seemed a lot brighter as well.

Again, YMMV...if your tv handles analog signals better than mine you might not even notice a difference at all.

I have a Samsung 52" LCD that's about 4 years old and I definitely notice a big difference between my Wii and my Wii U when playing Wii games, and I have the two sitting side-by-side on my entertainment center. Playing DKC almost (almost) looks in the same ballbark as NSMBU but not quite. It's still definitely in the same ballpark as PS# and 360 graphics though. I haven't tried SS yet, but I'm really looking forward to TvC and the Galaxy games played through Wii U!!!

anyone in los angeles area know a best place to pick up a wii u deluxe. i had it paid on layaway at the walmart on crenshaw, and they never received any in. they don't know when either. so, i wan't to try luck somewhere else and just cancel it from walmart.

[quote name='thundarr']I have a Samsung 52" LCD that's about 4 years old and I definitely notice a big difference between my Wii and my Wii U when playing Wii games, and I have the two sitting side-by-side on my entertainment center. Playing DKC almost (almost) looks in the same ballbark as NSMBU but not quite. It's still definitely in the same ballpark as PS# and 360 graphics though. I haven't tried SS yet, but I'm really looking forward to TvC and the Galaxy games played through Wii U!!![/QUOTE]

Your Wii U makes your Wii games look graphically in the same ballpark as 360 and PS3 games?

Okay.

I've got a Wii U Deluxe theoretically waiting for me at Best Buy (pre-ordered online with in-store pickup, but couldn't get over there yesterday). Hopefully they don't sell pre-orders that weren't picked up day 1.

[quote name='Cheapskate']If you had them displaying HDMI and Composite/Component side-by-side on two HDTVs, you'd definitely notice sharpness, just because HDMI is such a step up. However, the jaggies will also look sharper in HDMI (Wii U isn't going to make Wii games less jagged). So there's a trade-off.[/QUOTE]

Component and composite are two very different things. The main difference between component and HDMI is that the former is an analog signal, and thus susceptible to cable quality issues, interference, etc., but in the absence of those factors the picture quality between HDMI and component is basically the same.

Today 11/19 is essentially Wii U launch day for people like me that mail ordered it. Mine is out for delivery with 17 games. I will be busy after work LOL!!

[quote name='sengar']Component and composite are two very different things. The main difference between component and HDMI is that the former is an analog signal, and thus susceptible to cable quality issues, interference, etc., but in the absence of those factors the picture quality between HDMI and component is basically the same.[/QUOTE]

In a perfect world, HDMI and component have the same image quality. The limiting factor these days are TV internals. Analog signal is an after thought for many manufacturers these days, so with many newer TVs HDMI is the only way to get acceptable image quality. You're correct, component and HDMI standards are capable of the same quality, but it all depends on the analog processor in your TV and how well the TVs upscaler handles analog signals.

[quote name='sengar']Component and composite are two very different things. The main difference between component and HDMI is that the former is an analog signal, and thus susceptible to cable quality issues, interference, etc., but in the absence of those factors the picture quality between HDMI and component is basically the same.[/QUOTE]

Component can't push 1080p (or at least it isn't allowed to).

[quote name='TerraBemani']Does the Wii USB ethernet adapter work with Wii U? If it does it could make a really huge difference here. I don't see why it couldn't work but this is nintendo after all.[/QUOTE]

It does work. During initial setup, when you get to the internet connection step, there's an option to change from wireless to the wired connection. The update took around an hour for me.

[quote name='Blaster man']Component can't push 1080p (or at least it isn't allowed to).[/QUOTE]

It can, but some devices don't allow a 1080P signal over component.

[quote name='Blaster man']That's why I added the part in parenthesis. AACS devices (most stuff out there) can't do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Access_Content_System

And it gets worse for component.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20042864-1.html[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right, I was just pointing out that it's not a limitation inherent to the technology. Thankfully for the media companies no one ever found a way to circumvent those limitations and rip HD content without resorting to analog capture. :D

[quote name='sengar']You're absolutely right, I was just pointing out that it's not a limitation inherent to the technology. Thankfully for the media companies no one ever found a way to circumvent those limitations and rip HD content without resorting to analog capture. :D[/QUOTE]

Personally, I prefer HDMI since that doesn't require me to run 5 cables.

Anyone have an issue with their surround sound and the Wii U? I have to set the system to stereo sound to hear all the sounds in ZombiU. When I have it set to surround in the system settings I don't hear all the sounds. I.e. reload sounds, some impact sounds and other misc. sounds don't play on surround setting.

[quote name='D.Choy']This is very YMMV. My order fell through because my target didn't get any deluxe models for shipment. I went to another Target and they said that they can only honor the card if you bought it at that particular store. They really aren't supposed to honor something like this because it throws off the preorder scheme. If I take a unit from Store B instead of my original Store A, then the person who ordered at Store B might miss out on the console they preordered there.[/QUOTE]

Obviously it's a "loophole" in their preorder system. An easy fix would be to affix a customer's phone number or Redcard # to the preorder card purchase and that item would be marked as it comes in stock.

Although, this wouldn't work if your store never got allocation of deluxe systems, which I find odd in itself.

[quote name='GBAstar']Your Wii U makes your Wii games look graphically in the same ballpark as 360 and PS3 games?

Okay.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's new system glasses. People do it all the time. I remember when the PS3 added the ability to upscale and smooth PS2 games. If you smoothed them you got rid of jaggies, but blurred everything and upscaling didn't do anything to enhance the look of the games. Yet with both people were saying PS2 games looked as good as PS3 or 360 games.

I'd imagine some people were running composite cables on the Wii and now that they're seeing some of those games via HDMI they're seeing what they were missing before. It seems like common sense that most people would've upgraded to component cables, but when I worked retail and the Wii came out too many people didn't care about upgrading to a better quality cable and were fine with what came in the box.

Technically the wrong place to post this but I thought I'd share anyway.

Out with the old.

nOEdtl.jpg

In with the new.

6gROnl.jpg

I'm never gonna finish Halo 4 at this rate.

Most excitingly, I can now play Wii games on my iMac display. The HDMI adapter I purchased for my Wii previously didn't work. (It looks like poo, obviously, but my iMac is bigger than my TV and the panel itself is much nicer.)

[quote name='KrisMKX']While I was in picking mine up at Gamestop. Someone called in looking for a 2nd Wii Padlet. The associate claimed they were getting them in next week to the caller. I said, wow, nice lie. He says, "it gets ppl to come in my store". What a douche I thought.[/QUOTE]

Lol padlet

[quote name='Drclaw411']Lol padlet[/QUOTE]
I kind of like it. Pad and tablet put together. Plus it sounds cute so it'll get the girl gamer demographic. Someone draw this thing with a cute piglet face and accompanying logo.

Someone said the Wii U does not support 3D.

I just read that assassin's creed 3 not only supports 3D, but ALSO supports it on the gamepad!

Why Nintendo didn't latch on to this as a feature to advertise is beyond me!

Also, of note.. you have to use the home key on the gamepad to enable your freindlist be enabled in the Miiverse. 8/ and thats not mentioned anywhere at all.

Has anyone found a good wii U forum for support yet? I'm specifically looking for network connect details... I suspect the wii U does not use the wifi 11 channel, and I have to use that to avoid interference from neighbor's wifi. And there is virtually no way I can tell to check the WiiU's network speed, since the included browser doesn;t even have flash 7 support! (And flash 11 is what is the most current version.)

Unforgivable.

Oh, and all those reports about Mass Effect3 having poor framerates and glitches on the Wii U? Not from what we saw in 2 hours of play last night. it ran and looked fantastic, and lookd more "real" than our PS3 version.

[quote name='Gareee']

Oh, and all those reports about Mass Effect3 having poor framerates and glitches on the Wii U? Not from what we saw in 2 hours of play last night. it ran and looked fantastic, and lookd more "real" than our PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Does Mass Effect 3 support gameplay completely on the gamepad? I've been toying with the idea of taking my Batman AC back and exchanging for ME3 if so. Best Buy didn't have ME3 out on the shelves when I pricematched TRU B1G 40% off so I ended up with NSMBU and Batman. I really wanted games I could play on the gamepad while the wife watched television.

[quote name='Gareee']Someone said the Wii U does not support 3D.

I just read that assassin's creed 3 not only supports 3D, but ALSO supports it on the gamepad!

[/QUOTE]

So, the glasses sync with the TV and the Gamepad? How would that work?

[/QUOTE]

is it active or passive?

Also, of note.. you have to use the home key on the gamepad to enable your freindlist be enabled in the Miiverse. 8/ and thats not mentioned anywhere at all.

Has anyone found a good wii U forum for support yet? I'm specifically looking for network connect details... I suspect the wii U does not use the wifi 11 channel, and I have to use that to avoid interference from neighbor's wifi. And there is virtually no way I can tell to check the WiiU's network speed, since the included browser doesn;t even have flash 7 support! (And flash 11 is what is the most current version.)

Unforgivable.

Oh, and all those reports about Mass Effect3 having poor framerates and glitches on the Wii U? Not from what we saw in 2 hours of play last night. it ran and looked fantastic, and lookd more "real" than our PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I would love for Nintendo to release a glasses free 3D gamepad. You have to think the idea has come up.

[quote name='maximumzero']Technically the wrong place to post this but I thought I'd share anyway.

Out with the old.

In with the new.

I'm never gonna finish Halo 4 at this rate.

Most excitingly, I can now play Wii games on my iMac display. The HDMI adapter I purchased for my Wii previously didn't work. (It looks like poo, obviously, but my iMac is bigger than my TV and the panel itself is much nicer.)[/QUOTE]

What do you use to get an input on your iMac display? I always assumed something existed but never checked

[quote name='Reraise']They are terrible. I bought the official ones with 2 stylus. The first one left a dirty smear when i removed the numbered sticker on the front. The second was already scratched up as they dont come with 2 protective covers like phone ones do, just one to stick and the front has a sticker on it.

REALLY disappointed, 10$ down the drain.[/QUOTE]

It does have two protective covers, one on each side. You're not supposed to take the stickers off, you're supposed to use them to take the films off. I did the same thing initially but figured it out.

[quote name='jacknicklson']What do you use to get an input on your iMac display? I always assumed something existed but never checked[/QUOTE]

It's the Kanex XD, but it only works with 2009 and 2010 iMacs. The newer Thunderbold iMacs don't have a equivalent to my knowledge.

[quote name='maximumzero']It's the Kanex XD, but it only works with 2009 and 2010 iMacs. The newer Thunderbold iMacs don't have a equivalent to my knowledge.[/QUOTE]

Of course it wouldn't work for me :D

[quote name='omyard']Eh, it's new system glasses. People do it all the time. I remember when the PS3 added the ability to upscale and smooth PS2 games. If you smoothed them you got rid of jaggies, but blurred everything and upscaling didn't do anything to enhance the look of the games. Yet with both people were saying PS2 games looked as good as PS3 or 360 games.

I'd imagine some people were running composite cables on the Wii and now that they're seeing some of those games via HDMI they're seeing what they were missing before. It seems like common sense that most people would've upgraded to component cables, but when I worked retail and the Wii came out too many people didn't care about upgrading to a better quality cable and were fine with what came in the box.[/QUOTE]

I had component cables and was running at 480p and wii games look exactly the same played on wii u. I'm just not seeing a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back