The Wire Complete Series for $113.99

Or you can watch it free on the 101 on Direct TV. I would not consider this a cheap price. Got it for $60 last year.

Defiantly hold out a few more months because in nov/dec BB/DD always have a HBO sale plus black friday, if you have some patience you can this for under 70

de·fi·ant
adj. Marked by defiance; boldly resisting.

de·fi
prime.gif
ant·ly
adv.

[quote name='fafattyalbert']This is the lowest price I've seen for this awesome tv set in a long while:

The Wire: Complete Series[/QUOTE]
I got it for $90 back in June. And like the other poster said, it's gone much cheaper than that before at other retailers.

[quote name='Law_Professor']de·fi·ant
adj. Marked by defiance; boldly resisting.

de·fi
prime.gif
ant·ly
adv.[/QUOTE]

It still makes sense. I just started watching on the 101 and was debating just going the disc route to watch it faster. I want to watch it really bad, so if I am holding out for a few more months, it will be a truly bold resistance...

I wouldn't recommend buying any dvd sets off of ebay. Most of those sets are bootleg rips with shoddy boxes / print jobs.

I just won this off of Ebay for 58.00 shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...337325&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_609wt_1137

A USA seller who has sold this before and received good feedback. If it's a bootleg, that's what Paypal is for. Yes, a lot of stuff is bootleg on Ebay, but not all of it. I know I've sold legit DVD Boxsets on Ebay before, and many others have. Just avoid people with Hong Kong locations.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wire-Complete-S...DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item4151829bbb#ht_500wt_1154
Also, I *think* this is a Daily Deal from Ebay. Some other CAG posted it was, and this is the pricepoint. Sounds pretty safe if it's a Ebay Daily Deal.

I'm watching this amazing TV series right now and just getting into the meat and potatoes of season 2. This series has suspense and drama at every corner, it oozes it from every crack and crevice. It packs heat to the teeth and its ready to shoot you, execution style right in your face.....

Yeah.. its that good. Highly recommend. Best show ever.

[quote name='AceBB6']I'm watching this amazing TV series right now and just getting into the meat and potatoes of season 2. This series has suspense and drama at every corner, it oozes it from every crack and crevice. It packs heat to the teeth and its ready to shoot you, execution style right in your face.....

Yeah.. its that good. Highly recommend. Best show ever.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This and Breaking Bad are amazing.

[quote name='Splack']I wouldn't recommend buying any dvd sets off of ebay. Most of those sets are bootleg rips with shoddy boxes / print jobs.[/QUOTE]

I would tend to disagree with this as well. For anime maybe, but never had any problems with TV boxsets.

Hey all, I got the set from ebay. I am curious... the discs look legit (say The Wire on them on the under the disc spindle on the data side) but the box and piece of paper with the UPC on the outside of the box have a... blurry look to them. Is this normal? Otherwise the boxset matches everything as far as I can tell.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hey all, I got the set from ebay. I am curious... the discs look legit (say The Wire on them on the under the disc spindle on the data side) but the box and piece of paper with the UPC on the outside of the box have a... blurry look to them. Is this normal? Otherwise the boxset matches everything as far as I can tell.[/QUOTE]

no. not normal. i have one from amazon and its sharp. can you upload any pics of the disks or the box for me to look at?

either way, if all disks work, why worry yourself. (but i still would like to check it out if you would, please. i wanna buy my friend the set and would love to save some $)

[quote name='postulio']no. not normal. i have one from amazon and its sharp. can you upload any pics of the disks or the box for me to look at?

either way, if all disks work, why worry yourself. (but i still would like to check it out if you would, please. i wanna buy my friend the set and would love to save some $)[/QUOTE]
I'll try to, may be a second before I can though.

bread's done
Back