The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition (360) - $29.99 @ Amazon FSSS

I think I'm going to have to bite at this price on Amazon as I've been waiting for the price to drop for this game on the 360.

I still haven't played the first Witcher and already have a backlog of games I need to play through first, but this price is tempting. Do you guys think it will go down even lower (like $19.99) in the coming months? If not, I'll bite on this now

[quote name='SqueezyCrusty']I still haven't played the first Witcher and already have a backlog of games I need to play through first, but this price is tempting. Do you guys think it will go down even lower (like $19.99) in the coming months? If not, I'll bite on this now[/QUOTE]

I could see it going down to this price on Black Friday.

If you're on the fence, get this game! This is the best price I've seen yet.

It's one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I'd have trouble picking between Dark Souls, Skyrim and The Witcher 2.

[quote name='horns456']If you're on the fence, get this game! This is the best price I've seen yet.

It's one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I'd have trouble picking between Dark Souls, Skyrim and The Witcher 2.[/QUOTE]

I am so on the fence about this... I wont be able to play this for at least a month anyways, so i am scared i get it for $29.99 only to see it lowered to $24.99 or cheaper in the next few months... i can see this as a BB DotD for $19.99

I liked this game well enough though I found it overrated as hell. That said, with as much praise as it gets, it could murder indie games by the truck load and still not match the hype. $30 is a good price for it and I think it's what it should have been for PC ages ago. I got it for $20 on PC months back but that was before the 360 release, consider the dollar amount carefully.

Not to quibble, but if there is no "normal" edition, then there really are no "additional" quests, as little as there are.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Not to quibble, but if there is no "normal" edition, then there really are no "additional" quests, as little as there are.[/QUOTE]

The added quests are in addition to what was included in the original PC release, which, I guess, is technically the "normal" edition.

if you have a pc that can run it be sure to get that version instead. i bought it on the 360 and the controls felt really sloppy. bought the pc version during the steam sale and loved it

*sigh* I still haven't really played the copy I was able to get from Walmart for $29.99 by PMing Micro Center's ad misprint. If it drops to $20, I'm going to be ticked. :bomb:

Damn, I really want this and this is a great price point, but I still have a good backlog to go through....

SOMEBODY TALK ME OUT OF BUYING THIS!!!

[quote name='GamerDude316']Damn, I really want this and this is a great price point, but I still have a good backlog to go through....

SOMEBODY TALK ME OUT OF BUYING THIS!!![/QUOTE]

sloppy controls; it's really hard to dodge at least for me.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Damn, I really want this and this is a great price point, but I still have a good backlog to go through....

SOMEBODY TALK ME OUT OF BUYING THIS!!![/QUOTE]
Combat is balanced like most WRPGs: Atrociously.

Most quests just involve you schlepping from one end of the town or into the adjacent dungeon to another. Expect lots of walking and then walking back.

Apart from a different middle act depending on who you side with, there are no really consequential choices.

I still liked the game though. Just doing what he asked.l

i'm on it. thanks OP, gamefly'd it already, looking to play again down a different path and support an awesome developer.

[quote name='Scouter']sloppy controls; it's really hard to dodge at least for me.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I really wanted to like this game but the controls bothered me. I'll be waiting for a further price drop to purchase it.

[quote name='abhinav']I agree. I really wanted to like this game but the controls bothered me. I'll be waiting for a further price drop to purchase it.[/QUOTE]

That is good to know. I want to make a dent in my backlog before adding anothet timesink like this game to it...So I will wait for Black Friday/$20.

I found this game to be somewhat of a bore initially... But then I started over and found myself enjoying it a lot more. Graphics, story, and overall production values are ridiculously great, but the gameplay can seem tedious with frustrating controls, etc. You can definitely tell the PC heritage here. I am having much more fun with the gameplay in KoA: Reckoning, but find myself missing the story and production elements of the Witcher while plaiying Amalur. If you have the patience to really sink the time in, then get this game. You will be rewarded (Trish!!!). But if you just want something you can pick up and play for awhile, not really focusing too much storywise, then I recommend playing Amalur instead.

[quote name='brewin']I found this game to be somewhat of a bore initially... But then I started over and found myself enjoying it a lot more. Graphics, story, and overall production values are ridiculously great, but the gameplay can seem tedious with frustrating controls, etc. You can definitely tell the PC heritage here. I am having much more fun with the gameplay in KoA: Reckoning, but find myself missing the story and production elements of the Witcher while plaiying Amalur. If you have the patience to really sink the time in, then get this game. You will be rewarded (Trish!!!). But if you just want something you can pick up and play for awhile, not really focusing too much storywise, then I recommend playing Amalur instead.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like I'll love this game then because I absolutely despised KoA.

bread's done
Back