The Witcher

I bought it, but am having nothing but trouble with it. It locks up at every cut scene, but I can run the actual game flawlessly. Reading the forums its something about the game not liking my kind of harddrive. God I hate PC gaming. This game needs to come out on the 360.

I think I'm going to get this one for Christmas. I have way too much on my gaming plate this month to play it now. But it does look awesome and I am really looking forward to playing it.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I bought it, but am having nothing but trouble with it. It locks up at every cut scene, but I can run the actual game flawlessly. Reading the forums its something about the game not liking my kind of harddrive. God I hate PC gaming. This game needs to come out on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't like your harddrive? Wha-?

[quote name='keithp']Doesn't like your harddrive? Wha-?[/quote]

The game probably dumps the cinematics onto your hard drive. Since the game just streams the cinematics from his hard drive to the game, if his hard drive speed sucks, the cinematics will be choppy.
I have no idea if any of that is correct. :D

Anyway, if my computer could properly handle this game, I would be all over it. The decision making system they implemented into the game is genius.

I downloaded it and absolutely LOVED the crap out of it.

So much so that I'm ordering the Collector's Edition off GoGamer. I just hope the art book and extras don't suck cause god, this has become my favorite proper RPG on the PC since Diablo II classic.

I just won a copy of this, I can't wait for it to arrive. What specs would you gusy say is required to run it on Maximum settings?

CPURecommended: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz / Athlon X2 5600+ or better

System RAM Recommended: 2 GB

Operating System Recommended: Windows XP or VistaY

Video Card Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX + / ATI Radeon 1950 Pro +)

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Video RAM: Required - 256 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes
Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)Your driver version number is: 7.15.11.6904
Sound Card Recommended: Yes

Free Disk SpaceRecommended: 8.5 GB

DVD Recommended: Yes[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

This game is pure $$$$$$$$.

I love everything about it, usually I am not a fan of Fantasy, but the cool Witchers and the dark story really clinches it for me. This might just be my PC GOTY.

I think the main prob. (in my case at least) is that Mass Effect came out. I know they aren't THAT similar but... I kinda wish CDProjekt had a bigger budget. The Witcher could've been so much more (but then again so could ME).

The Witcher looks cool. My brother picked it up yesterday and is having a ball with it. It makes me want to get a better computer. My laptop won't cut it. :cry:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If anyone is curious there is actually a Witcher demo up now on fileplanet. Go download now![/quote]

Awesome, been waiting for a demo of this. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='TwistedBishop']Awesome, been waiting for a demo of this. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

I tried it out and enjoyed it throughly, though the wife had a headache from it and had to leave it early. On my 8600GT I was able to run it at medium to high settings with little frame rate loss. I'll be getting this once theres a good sale on it/price drop.

I have the uncensored european version, but I'm not sure how to actually get enthused to play it?

Basically, the battle system just doesn't do much for me. I'd rather /really/ be involved in the fighting, OR have Diablo's clickfest. One or the other.

So, how about a minor spoiler describing a simply awesome moment in the game? That way I'll have something specific to look forward to, so I can get over the battle system. I'd love to hear more discussion of things like that.

bread's done
Back