"The Wizard" Dvd coming on August 29th.

I was just wondering what hapend to this movie I just recall the parts at the end with the 'video game championship' and when they hid off in that dinosaur statue.

[quote name='terribledeli']No one went to see it for the dreamy Fred Savage?[/quote]
I went to see it for Lucas. He was so dreamy with his power glove.
wall026ih.jpg

Hell I've waited so long for the movie to come out. So long that I went and got a bootleg dvd of it. Ripped from a laserdisc my friend had.

Also some trivia: Tobey Maguire has a uncredited roll as one of Lucas's goons.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Oh shit, I never realized the girl in it grew up to become the lead singer for Rilo Kiley...[/QUOTE]

I was really suprised to find that out too a while back.

I remember thinking this movie wasn't too bad, when I was a kid... when I lusted for all things Nintendo.

I'll probably buy the DVD for nostalgia.

"Look at this. Peek-a-Boo Peepers. You can put them in your soup, or, you know, your friend's soup..."

"He KNOWS Ninja Gai-Dan!"

"Yeah, well just keep your Power Gloves off HER, pal."

"You got 50,000 on Double Dragon?"

[size=+2]"SO YOU TOUCHED HER BREAST, HUH?"[/size]

The "hiding in the dinosaur" scene was inspired by Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

My VHS copy of this movie has likely deteriorated to nothing, so this is fine timing.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Oh shit, I never realized the girl in it grew up to become the lead singer for Rilo Kiley...[/quote]

I've met her a few times (our bands played together several times a few years ago)... she is absolutely lovely... super nice too. I resisted mentioning anything about the Wizard and, of course, I wanted to.

My friends and I rented this in college for nostalgia several years ago, and I'm happy to report that OF COURSE it stands the test of time and is still awesome even today.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']I've met her a few times (our bands played together several times a few years ago)... she is absolutely lovely... super nice too. I resisted mentioning anything about the Wizard and, of course, I wanted to.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize it at first, but Blake who plays guitar in Rilo Kiley was in both Salute Your Shorts (Rodney) and Boy Meets World (Joey The Rat). Didn't Rilo Kiley have a song called "Salute My Shorts"? :)

[quote name='asianxcore']I didn't realize it at first, but Blake who plays guitar in Rilo Kiley was in both Salute Your Shorts (Rodney) and Boy Meets World (Joey The Rat). Didn't Rilo Kiley have a song called "Salute My Shorts"? :)[/quote]

One of our friends was totally obsessed with that show, and that guy and she flipped when she got to meet him..

Cooler than Donkeylips, I guess.

When watching the Wizard, make sure to note how f'ed up it is that C. Slater and his dad are PLAYINGfuck ING NINTENDO which seemingly, at one point, takes PRECEDENCE over looking for their lost kids. Yea, pass that controller, you a$$holes!!

[quote name='coltyhuxx']One of our friends was totally obsessed with that show, and that guy and she flipped when she got to meet him..

Cooler than Donkeylips, I guess.

When watching the Wizard, make sure to note how f'ed up it is that C. Slater and his dad are PLAYINGfuck ING NINTENDO which seemingly, at one point, takes PRECEDENCE over looking for their lost kids. Yea, pass that controller, you a$$holes!![/QUOTE]

Beau Bridges was PISSED when Slater unplugged the system at like 3 am while he was "in the castle in Hy-Rule" and had "almost gotten to the Barbarian."

[quote name='KaneRobot']Beau Bridges was PISSED when Slater unplugged the system at like 3 am while he was "in the castle in Hy-Rule" and had "almost gotten to the Barbarian."[/quote]

"Come on dad, we gotta get some shut-eye.. we're supposed to be looking for my brothers tomorrow."

"Hold on, I'm about to bag the loach and nab these bonus cherries."

When I saw this I almost crapped my pants in excitement I have been waiting for this for so long. I was addicted to this movie when I was younger and saw it a billion times I wish I still had the VHS but now I have the DVD coming. Thank you OP you just made my day.

Time to sell my factory sealed VHS on EBay. Miles well sell it now since it'll be worth nothing once the dvd comes out.

Still one of my fav. movies of all time.

[quote name='sleepy180']http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7775700984720149876&q=powerglove

I always wondered where this clip came from. Now i know and i will definitly pick up the Dvd. It will look great sitting next to my super mario bros dvd.[/quote]

The Close Encounters music notes when he powers the glove up.

Totally lame/totally awesome. I can't decide. For the record, folks - the glove did NOT do that.

[edit] Oh, any it looks pretty easy to use...

glove3.jpg

bread's done
Back