The Wolf Among Us- X360 | new | $5 ($4 GCU) @ Best Buy

This has been in the bargain bin at my local Walmart for the same price for a long time. So, I should pick it up then?

One of my local BBs had the Xbox One version on sale for $8.99. I bought it along with Sleeping Dogs ($11.99). Also, got State of Decay for $6.99 after GCU and RZ cert (on sale for $14.99).

One of my local BBs had the Xbox One version on sale for $8.99. I bought it along with Sleeping Dogs ($11.99). Also, got State of Decay for $6.99 after GCU and RZ cert (on sale for $14.99).
Nice. Was this recent? I am having trouble locating SoD for $14.99 via BB's site. I may take a stroll to my local BB to pick it up, if so.

I picked this game up for the 360 during the prior $10 sale 6 months ago. Great game, but I would NOT recommend the physical 360 version of this game unless you have absolutely no other way to play a different port. The 360 disc version is horribly un-optimized: long load times and severe frame rate drops (like less than 5 fps!) during quicktime events. The issue never got fixed by Telltale and this is the only version of the game with that issue (the digital 360 Wolf apparently runs fine off the HDD). I wound up having to repeatedly pause the game after initial load/action sequences to let the loading "catch up" with the game. 

I still really enjoyed the game, but I wish I just didn't have to experience it through that botched version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked this game up for the 360 during the prior $10 sale 6 months ago. Great game, but I would NOT recommend the physical 360 version of this game unless you have absolutely no other way to a different port. The 360 disc version is horribly un-optimized: long load times and severe frame rate drops (like less than 5 fps!) during quicktime events. The issue never got fixed by Telltale and this is the only version of the game with that issue (the digital 360 Wolf apparently runs fine off the HDD). I wound up having to repeatedly pause the game after initial load/action sequences to let the loading "catch up" with the game.

I still really enjoyed the game, but I wish I just didn't have to experience it through that botched version.
I've heard about those issues, would it make a difference to install the game to the hard drive and run from there?

I love these games but can't ever get into the idea of replaying them. Am I the one that only plays through it once? I know its designed to be replayed which sucks for me.

This is a great price but please understand that that 360 disc version of this game is the WORST option you can choose for playing it. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for this deal but I would still consider it almost a scam to buy this game on the 360 when almost every other version plays so much better.

Thanks OP I picked up for the backlog. Until today I always thought this was a wolverine X-Men game XD.

ALSO to those saying you can't install to hard drive.. On the bottom it says you need 1GB hard drive space so I'm pretty sure you have to install it.

ALSO to those saying you can't install to hard drive.. On the bottom it says you need 1GB hard drive space so I'm pretty sure you have to install it.

xfkjd.jpg

bread's done
Back