The World of Disgaea: Volume 2 (Hardcover) @ amazon for $13.57

Asgardian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
UPDATE: I don't know what the release date is, but for those that enjoyed the frist one (below), here's the amazon link to Volume 2.
[quote name='Asgardian']EDIT: I know most of you know about this already, but I just got it today and it's so freaken awesome I just have to remind you to go get it!

All Disgaea fans and game collectors, you MUST get this book, it's simply awesome!

I ordered it back in Oct 06 and finally got it in the mail today, but it's all worth the wait, check it out before it's gone!

Amazon link.

Happying game collecting.

EDIT: It's about 7.5 x 10.5 x 0.75 inches, 175 pages, very high quality glossy magazine like thick paper.

Some random shoots of the book (click to see larger image):

(1) Character relationship chart?

(2) Tones of character mini-bio with clip arts:

(3) Some Boss info:

(4) Book has lots of very nice sketch arts!

[/QUOTE]

I didn't know the first book was that much?.. I remember getting it for $4 shipped ish from Buy.com using the Google checkout. Of course, this was last year.. and it's temporarily sold out on the site.

Thanks for the update on the second book. I know the perfect bday gift for le S.O.

[quote name='buckythekat']do you have a link to the auction? I can't find it and its not even in completed listings[/quote]

I don't think it's up anymore...earlier today they had 3...

I'm glad I picked up the first book for $11.99 at TRSI last month. The book is simply a beauty to behold :D

Sooo getting this. I got the first book on Amazon when it came out and absolutely loved it; definitely a must-have for Disgaea fans.

By the way, it looks like it'll be released in May. It was supposed to be out in March, but the date got pushed back.

nice, i didnt know vol 2 is coming out. i have the first jpn vol and it's great. i hope the Us version is of the same quality for the paper

There's no hard and fast release date for World of Disgaea 2, unfortunately. Your best bet is to keep an eye on Broccoli Books' website. Their info about this book is all over the place, but chances are that the correct release date will show up there before anywhere else.

[quote name='blueshinra']There's no hard and fast release date for World of Disgaea 2, unfortunately. Your best bet is to keep an eye on Broccoli Books' website. Their info about this book is all over the place, but chances are that the correct release date will show up there before anywhere else.[/quote]

In that case, since it's not out till may, i'll settle for the first "World of Disgaea" which is also in discounted price. Lower in overstock.com though.

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/The-World-of-Disgaea/2275804/product.html

Though the picture of the item rather confuses me. That book is in English, correct? I see a japanese symbol on the upper right is all.
I want to be able to read this thing.

Yeah, the one on Overstock is the English-language book. The image there looks like the old placeholder for the final cover artwork (besides, the original title for the Japanese edition is "Disgaea Character Collection").

[quote name='Waterhouse']Hey I noticed it's finally for sale on amazon today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Amazon *finally* sent me a delivery estimate today. I was shocked.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Yeah, Amazon *finally* sent me a delivery estimate today. I was shocked.[/quote]Me too. I ordered it five and a half months ago.

[quote name='Master Shake']Me too. I ordered it five and a half months ago.[/QUOTE]

That's nothing. It took them 9 months to give ship me the Okami art book. :p

Yeah, Broccoli books FINALLY got this out to distributors this week, amazing. Both this and the Okami book were super late, neither one was amazon's fault to be fair.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Just chiming in as well, it was great to see that shipping confirmation in my e-mail this morning.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is! This should look great next to Volume 1. ^_^

I received my Volume 2 today. There are some localized, concentrated scratch marks on the back cover. It's as if it had been rubbed against something. Does yours have them or is my copy messed up?

[quote name='eau']I received my Volume 2 today. There are some localized, concentrated scratch marks on the back cover. It's as if it had been rubbed against something. Does yours have them or is my copy messed up?[/QUOTE]
My copy doesn't have scratches, but several pages were bent, as was at least one of the corners. Amazon sent the damned thing in a bubble mailer; when I received it, there was a piece of clear packing tape over a huge tear in the envelope. A request has been put in for an exchange (noting the poor packaging), and I'm sending the old one back today.

If you ordered through Amazon, they are very good about replacements; you might want to look into it if you haven't already.

Mine came in a cardboard box that was slightly larger than the book which allowed no movement for the book. I'm surprised Amazon shipped some in bubble mailers.

Wow, they're inconsistent with shipping. Mine (well, my brother's v2) came shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard, in a box that allowed very little movement. Came pretty much in mint condition...

[quote name='AkariK']Wow, they're inconsistent with shipping.[/QUOTE]
Tell me about it. Funny thing is, this has never happened before. I usually get my orders from them boxed and shrinkwrapped; this is the first time I've had something sent in a bubble mailer.

I got mine this week too. To be honest, I like the book but I feel like this art book can in a way be compared to the actual games.

Disgaea 1: Loved and still love the game and anything related to it. Got the first art book and I still look through it from time to time. Still have the very copy of Disgaea I bought the day it came out in 2003 - never traded it in.
Disgaea 2: It was ok but it didn't hook me as strongly as part 1. The game had its moments but overall it was average. Actually traded my first copy in to eventually get a second one later. The art book is nice but it just feels 'different'. Don't get me wrong - I think the book is awesome (especially seeing how far the designs for Adell came) but the book feels barebones in a way. The first art book feels more 'strategy guide with bonus art' with this one being more 'here's an artbook - it's got art and stuff - yay'.

Maybe I had my expectations WAY too high and I didn't get the payoff I had been hoping for (which kind of is the same way I reacted when I first heard of a Disgaea 2 and the final product didn't set me on fire like part 1...). It's kind of like that time Alundra 1 was so awesome on PS1 that when you got part 2 expecting it to be just as awesome but it goes to the left...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to digress, but I'm really tempted by that Okami art book. $26 dollars sounds like a pretty good deal too (amazon).

[quote name='Waterhouse']Sorry to digress, but I'm really tempted by that Okami art book. $26 dollars sounds like a pretty good deal too (amazon).[/quote]
Yeah. How does the Okami art book compare to the Disgaea one?

Just a quick note - someone mentioned that they received a damaged copy earlier....mine actually had some damage to the bottom left corner (along the spine) - appears to be some compression as if the corner of the book hit the floor from a pretty high distance up.

Not a big deal for me, but I know that some people are very particular about stuff like that. It was actually packaged in a box (not a bubble mailer), so I'm guessing it must have occured at the warehouse because there is no way it happened during shipping.

An update: Got the replacement book today, boxed and shrinkwrapped this time. It's in much better condition ^_^

Also, about the Okami book: I bought it as a gift for my husband recently. When I flipped through it, it looked like it has a ton of art, but I don't know if it has any gameplay-related stuff (I haven't played Okami yet myself, and don't want to be accidentally spoiled, so I haven't had a good look at the book yet). The printing quality is top-notch, though.

I ordered this book back in March, when it was allegedly being released. It just shipped last week!

bread's done
Back