The "WWE doesn't use 'Wrestling' anymore, so TNA is #1 by default" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't really matter if John Cena is on Raw. WWE has already shown that they're willing to push a heel champion over John Cena. Miz retaining at 'Mania says a lot.

[quote name='Purple Flames']WHAT'S UP with all the black guys turning heel all of a sudden?[/QUOTE]

Really, it's only two guys. I see what you're saying, but it's just two guys.

I mean, there are probably a whole 5 black dudes on the roster, so yeah, that's like 40% of 'em.

R-truth was going nowhere with his shuckin' and jivin' Vince McMahon approved minstrel show, and Mark Henry (15 years in the industry and never sold a fucking ticket) is a reliable big dude to use to put babyfaces over. He's good to have in that utility role, and let's face it, WWE is shy on mega babyfaces right now.

Perhaps he'll get drafted to Raw during the supplemental draft to help make new faces on that show, since SD got Orton and...well, whoever else. Doesn't matter anyway.

Miz only retained due to Wrestlemania being built on the Rock. What are the odds now that next week new champ Cena confronts Rock?

Raw was going so well until that second hour (s)hit.

I approve every draft pick except for that Cena nonsense. Good thing I was playing Ratchet and Clank while that main event match occured because I knew something wrong would happen.

I was hoping for a Drew McIntyre or Kelly Kelly move to Raw personally. Heck, I was hoping to see Gail Kim or the Twins and I didn't get that. Thanks for letting me down, WWE.

And even though she wasn't good, I was sad to see Rima get eliminated tonight. Skidmarks needs to go next.

Cole-J.R. was just brutal. Main event was good. Loved the Kofi-Bourne stuff in the battle royal, which was easily the best part of that mundane deal. The draft made the world title matches at the PPV more interesting...and then didn't when they just re-drafted Cena back to Raw, so Alberto's definitely not winning at the PPV. Both the U.S. and IC champs lost, and man did Barrett ever seem like a dork. Guy went from feuding with Cena in main events to losing in a random match on Raw in six months. Orton and Sin Cara going to SD is good, the former because they can edit his entrance down to a lean hour and Sin Cara since he definitely needs to be on the taped show. I hope Rey on Raw goes better than it did last time, and if it wasn't for the graphic, I honestly wouldn't have recognized Dolph. GIVE THE MAN HIS HAIR BACK NOW. Truth needed to cut a money promo, and did. I fully expect him to get into the WWE Title picture ASAP thanks to it. Kong as Kharma, with an emphasis on HARM, is going to rule.

Screens -

From the deepest, darkest Cole Mine in the WWE Universe... The MIGHTY...COLEMALA!

The match that means essentially nothing now...

Everything about this is the wrong kind of ridiculous

Truth is not amused by little Jimmy

Quotes -

King - THE DRAFT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT NIGHT OF THE YEAR!
Cole - I may get drafted as a wrestler this year.
Cole - THIS IS BOLLOCKS! JOHN CENA IS ON SMACKDOWN. HE’S BEEN PART OF RAW FOR SIX YEARS. SIX YEARS!
Grisham - What’s your reaction to the draft?
Cena - SYFY IS PARTYING LIKE ITS 1999! IT’S THE BIGGEST DRAFT PICK IN WWE HISTORY. DOC BROWN WON’T SET THE DATE TO 1955, IT’LL BE APRIL 25, 2011. LIFE THROWS CHANGES AT YA, AND YOU’VE GOTTA CHANGE WITH THEM. LIKE RODMAN GOING FROM A MAN TO A WOMAN BACK TO A MAN. At Extreme Rules, I’ll bring the WWE Title BACK TO THE SMACK!
Truth - RALIEGH, NORTH CAROLINA! SHUT UP! Don’t boo me - ya should boo yaselves. Lemme break it down. The topic of the word today is you - that’s what’s up - you! It’s all about you. Ya see, last week, John Morrison, MY FRIEND, MY PAL, y’all gonna stop with that WHAT. He came out here and challenged me…
Crowd - WHAT!
Truth - AS I WAS SAYING. He challenged me FOR MY SPOT in the championship triple threat match at Extreme Rules. Y’ALL PISSING ME THE HELL OFF! I ain’t gonna let you get to me, ya know what…
Crowd - WHAT!
Truth - Why’d he challenge me - CUZ OF YOU. Why did I accept? CUZ YOU WANTED ME TO! I lost BECAUSE OF YOU! Know what I’m starting to realize? YOU GOT ME PISSED OFF. I spent my career trying to be what you want me be - THAT GOT ME NOWHERE. THAT GOT ME DIDDLY SQUAT. I COME OUT HERE RAPPING AND DANCING SO YA’LL CAN RAP AND DANCE ALONG WITH ME. And a lot of y’all be out of tune and off-beat. LOOKIT LITTLE JIMMY. HE’S SO CUTE. HE’S SINGING WHAT’S UP WITH THE TRUTH. SING IT LITTLE JIMMY. WHAT’S UP! LITTLE JIMMY! Hey little Jimmy, am I making you smile by saying what’s up!? SHUT UP! Ami I making you smile? You like saying WHAT’S UP? Jimmy, you singing what’s up, is that putting titles around my waist? No? SO WIPE YA NOSE AND SHUT UP. Know what? For 10 years, I chose YOU. I chose every last one of y’all, but now, I’M OFFICIALLY GIVING EVERY LAST ONE OF Y’ALL THE BOOT. SEE YA LATER BYE! DON’T BOO ME - YA SHOULD BE BOOING YASELVES!
Ya know what else, Raleigh - SIT DOWN FOUR EYES! Ya know what else? TEN YEARS OF FRUSTRATION AND DISAPPOINTMENT…WHEN I LET THAT GOOD, IT FELT MARVELOUS! And I’M just being honest. For the first time, IN MY LIFE! THE TRUTH, Y’ALL AIN’T HEAR ME. THE TRUTH HAS SET ME FREE!
King - Thank goodness Morrison came out to shut him up.
Cole - So now people can’t speak their mind?
Cole - As much as I’d like to watch Eve lull you to sleep, I’VE GOT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO. UNLIKE THE DIVAS, I’M A REAL ATHLETE. I’VE GOTTA DO A VERY STRENUOUS STRETCHING EXERCISE, SOMETHING THAT IF YOU DID, YOU’D TEAR YOUR GROIN OUT OF YOUR BODY. I’M GONNA FACE KING KONG FLABBY. MR WRESTLEMANIA HAS LEFT RINGSIDE!
(after Layla throws Michelle into his lap)Guy - KING, ASK HER OUT!
King - OH NO, HE’S WINDED!
Cody - Now that Rey and I are on different shows, I’ll give him a going away present in our match at Extreme Rules. A NEW MASK! A MASK THAT AN ANASTESIALOGIST PUTS ON BEFORE HE’S RUSHED INTO EMERGENCY SURGERY. HE CAN HURANCANRANA SOMEONE, POP A WHEELIE IN A WHEELCHAIR, OR 619 SOMEONE INTO EMERGENCY HEART SURGERY. BOOYAKA BOOYAKA, BYE. BYE. BYE.
Sign - It burns when I pee.
Booker - I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT THESE GUYS ARE GOING THROUGH! I’ve been there before.
King - That was the most humiliating moment in J.R.s life.
Booker - I can only imagine.
King - J.R. doesn’t belong in the ring.
Josh - He’s your partner on Sunday.
King - I didn’t say he didn’t belong in the ring - he’ll beat Cole up.
Booker - I hope J.R. knocks the crap out of him.
Booker - NOW HE’S ACTING LIKE KAMALA!
Cole - I’M A COLLEGAITE WRESTLER! HE’S AN ANIMAL!
Cole - YOU’RE GONNA PAY FOR THIS YOU FAT OLD MAN. TAKE HIS BELT OFF!
(GM dings)Booker - You wanna get that?
Josh - The GM sent an e-mail and says AND I QUOTE. On Sunday, King and J.R. vs. Cole and Swagger will be a TAG TEAM COUNTRY WHIPPING MATCH!
Booker - Good old country whipping - that’s right up J.R.’s alley.
Miz - Next week, we all celebrate the MOST ELECTRIFYING BIRTHDAY IN BIRTHA-TAINMENT. Despite the fact I shouldn’t have to compete in a triple threat, at Extreme Rules, I WILL FIND A WAY TO WIN BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I DO. CENA WILL GO TO SMACKDOWN AS A LOSER AND JOHN MORRISON, WHEREVER HE GOES, HE’LL BE A LOSER EVERY NETWORK EXEC AT USA SHOULD PRAY THAT I DON’T GET DRAFTED BECAUSE IF I DO, RAW WITHIN ONE MONTH WILL BE CANCELED BECAUSE I’M THE MIZ AND I’M AWESOME!
Booker - Dolph’s got a new haircut, but nothing else has changed. It’s like my daddy said - YA GOTTA KEEP YA WOMAN IN CHECK, Vickie’s still calling the shots.
Punk - THE DRAFT PICK CAN WAIT - THE MOST IMPORTANT MAN ON TV HAS SOMETHING TO SAY. I FIND IT EXTREMELY IRONIC - EXTREMELY, THAT THE PPV IS CALLED EXTREME RULES BECAUSE RANDALL, WE’LL GET EXTREME ON EACH OTHER. THERE ARE NO RULES, EXCEPT ONE - YOU HAVE TO ANSWER THE TEN COUNT, AND I’LL BEAT YOU WITH SO MANY STICKS, MY OWN HEAD AND TWO HANDS THAT YOU’LL HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF. AN RKO OUT OF NOWHERE WON’T WIN THE MATCH. I’LL SEND YOU PACKING AS A FORMER SHELL OF WHAT YOU USED TO BE.
Orton - There are going to be many things I missed on Raw, but I won’t miss you rambling on and on and on. Punk, after Sunday, you won’t be talking. You won’t be walking. You won’t be eating. YOU WON’T BE DRINKING. YOU WON’T BE MOVING. ALL YOU’LL BE IS SLEEPING. UNCONCIOUS SLEEP! Because I will be the last man standing.
King - WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT SMACKDOWN WOULD GAIN JOHN CENA, RANDY ORTON…Mark Henry…and Sin Cara!?
King - COME ON, WE NEED SOMEONE BIG! (Big Show is drafted)
Cole - JR’S GETTING HIS BROKEN HAND FIXED BECAUSE I BROKE IT WITH MY HEAD!
Teddy - LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, OUR MAIN EVENT TONIGHT WILL BE A SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH! And it will be for the final 2011 draft pick! From team Raw - CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, and the WWE Champion, the Miz! Against Team SD’s Christian, Mark Henry, and JOHN CNEA!
Josh - WILL CHRISTIAN CLIMB THE LADDER ON SUNDAY!?
Josh - THE FINAL TIME FOR JOHN CENA ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW!
Cole - Things have been extreme tonight - we saw J.R. sweat. I AM GONNA GET SO EXTREME ON JIM ROSS!
Booker - Like tonight?
Cole - HE TOOK ME BY SURPRISE!
Cole - I’m on both shows - that’s how good I am.
Cole - Lawler, I just thought of something - YOUR PARTNER’S GOT A BROKEN HAND!
King - And you’ve got a busted lip, so what?
Cole - I’m not gonna use my lip on Sunday.
Cole - Alberto and Miz have an interesting history - they went to the School of Mexico together.
Cole - Alberto was so classy that he rode around with me in the backseat of his car today.
Josh - Isn’t it a two-seater?
Booker - HE PUT YA IN THE TRUNK!

It's unfortunate that this draft nonsense has distracted us all from the fact that Jim Ross broke his hand on Michael Cole's face.

[quote name='Survivalism']It's unfortunate that this draft nonsense has distracted us all from the fact that Jim Ross broke his hand on Michael Cole's face.[/QUOTE]

That is one helluva slobberknocker.

at first i was like... wow smackdown might get even ratings with raw finally... then i was thinking oh thats so cena can win the title at the ppv and with cena as champ smackdown is GUARANDAMNTEED to have ratings. now im really thinking they are putting a strap on christian... cuz they can't have 2 champs on raw... NO one will watch smackdown then.

The first ever WWE Draft was legit. Vince had Smackdown!, Flair had Raw (and the storyline they cooked up at the time actually explained the Brand Extension in a logical way - so obviously they had to kill it dead a few months into it). They picked guys until they had a think 10 on each show, then they drafted another 10-20 off the air. When they did it the next year it was kinda cool and again, it was each GM picking a few guys here & there while feuding with each other.

In the years following it's just been a cluster-fuck. Nowadays the brand split is pointless. Why go through these charades? Just end the damn brand extension. There's no longer the same roster depth like there was in 2002, back when WWE gobbled up WCW & ECW and had a bevy of main-eventers. That should be the theme heading into WM, unifying the belts and ending something that should have probably been done away with since 2008.

Good call on turning Mark Henry heel to attack Cena, good seeds for a feud... OH WAIT. Gotta love that writing staff. Monkeys and Shakespeare is all it is.

I would have preferred a Cena-Henry feud on Smackdown. WWE was a little gun-shy with Cena. I had thoughts of WWE bringing in Zack Ryder and building a program around he and Miz, but, man, that would never happen. I just think that it would be a nice intermediary feud for Miz before feuding with, quote, 'main event'-level talent. You would have two good talkers who can work. I'd toss Curt Hawkins at Wade Barrett, give Hawkins the title, then send Barrett back into the main event picture on Smackdown.

Even more so, after listening to Dave Lagana's excellent We Want Wrestling podcast, I have grown to truly despise how WWE operates. It's such a belabored, exhausting—somewhat eccentric—process.

[quote name='mykevermin']It's like they're letting the future of the show be picked out by Alexandra York's supercomputer.

ZOMG I MADE A REFERENCE LAWL I'LL KEEP REPEATING IT UNTIL SOMEONE GETS IT.[/QUOTE]

Well, where did Richard Morton end up?

Side note: Jeezus, I just wikipedia'd the complete York Foundation roster. It's rather sad, looking at it.

[quote name='dkreegz515']at first i was like... wow smackdown might get even ratings with raw finally... then i was thinking oh thats so cena can win the title at the ppv and with cena as champ smackdown is GUARANDAMNTEED to have ratings. now im really thinking they are putting a strap on christian... cuz they can't have 2 champs on raw... NO one will watch smackdown then.[/QUOTE]

I think it's fair to assume that Christian wins the strap—unless they unify the World titles.

21jn66a.jpg

Ricardo, Cena and Big Show crack me up in this .gif, but McIntyre (as a friend pointed out to me, as I didn't even see him at first) looks like he's having fun for the first time in his life.

Some random thoughts on my viewing of raw and tough enough:

I loved the sign "Diamond Cutter" that was shown right after Randy Orton hit the RKO. That was hilarious.

They are giving Cole way too much time in the spotlight imo.

I think that the supplemental draft that starts at noon will be where we see divas moving around. I expect Kelly Kelly on Raw and she'll probably be the first one fed to Kharma whenever she debuts.

I replayed the raw after wrestlemania when the tough enough cast was in the ring. No spoilers were intended in that segment but I firmly believe that the winner revealed their self in that introduction to the crowd.

Mr. Beef that .gif is hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back