The WWE Is Entertainment Not Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They're going with reruns for sure. Orton/Miz/Cena for the belt, perhaps with a dash of Ziggler vs Morrison for the #1 contender position?

Either way, WWE needs to pick one guy and run with him, because these stutter-start pushes with guys like Ziggler and Morrison kill interest in them.

EDIT: GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN!

Ok, what the fuck. Is this a "throw everyone at the wall and see what sticks" angle?

Woo Woo Woo, we know who we need in the ring right now...

[quote name='Survivalism']"Two random people will start the match. It will continue until John Cena wins."[/QUOTE]

WHAT? You mean R-Truth and Zigler have no chance of winning?!?!? Oh we'll see about that, my friend, we'll see...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']WHAT? You mean R-Truth and Zigler have no chance of winning?!?!? Oh we'll see about that, my friend, we'll see...[/QUOTE]

I'll bet you a shiny sixpence.

Oh good, a Divas match. I had to hit the restroom and was worried I missed my chance to go during the commercial break.

- TNA officials have been discussing re-branding the company and taking a different approach to presenting their product, according to PWTorch. A change to their name has even at least been considered.

The idea is to give TNA's product a recognizable identity to make it "clearly different" from WWE.

While changes are currently just being discussed, there could be major changes coming sooner rather than later.

Best news I've heard about TNA in a long time.

WHAT THE fuck.

I look away for fifteen seconds and missed a promo for Kong?

Also, Matt Cross was canned from Tough Enough tonight. The only 6 minutes of the show I watched thus far. I thought "man, Austin is one fire with his evangelical sermon at the end," and then all of a sudden he neglects to eliminate douchebag mcgee, who was apparently crying on the phone that he missed his girlfriend, not did he shitcan miss usa, who showed up late to work. Getting rid of Cross was kind of a generic, unbelievable, "you didn't take advantage of the opportunities here." Which comes off as a bit sour to me - they'd probably have shitcanned him for being overzealous and a showoff if he pulled too much shit off earlier on. They wanted to send a message with Cross - (1) wrestlers aren't wanted here, and (2) this goes double for you if you're short.

The whole "you don't have heart" or whatever doesn't sit well with me. You do your work or you fuck up. People who do the latter should get eliminated. Reminds me of JimmieMac getting shitcanned from Hell's Kitchen. It's not because he fucked anything up, but because he lacked heart. Whatever that means.

"You're being eliminated because we don't see ratings in you," I suppose. It's not like this shit isn't rigged anyway - not TE, any fuckin' reality show.

They essentially canned Matt for not showing them something flashy, or in essence DOING WHAT THEY ASKED.

...and Sin Cara fucked it up again.

[quote name='JJSP']They essentially canned Matt for not showing them something flashy, or in essence DOING WHAT THEY ASKED.[/QUOTE]

I missed the first show and watched the very, very end of this episode, but if it's anything like being in a wrestling school, the first thing you learn is to shut your fucking mouth, don't do anything flashy, and listen. It's not like it was "Tough Enough, Week One: Perfecting the hurricanrana."

Guess I'll skip the rest of that show. Could care less which of those douchebags wins now.

[quote name='mykevermin']I missed the first show and watched the very, very end of this episode, but if it's anything like being in a wrestling school, the first thing you learn is to shut your fucking mouth, don't do anything flashy, and listen. It's not like it was "Tough Enough, Week One: Perfecting the hurricanrana."

Guess I'll skip the rest of that show. Could care less which of those douchebags wins now.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I feel bad for Matt for being sent home for following directions. I'd love to see any of the TE kids get to the top rope without shitting their pants when DeMott tells them to jump off. Can't wait for them to pull out the crash pad.

Matt Cross is a better flyer than Sin Cara.

Sin Cara has not impressed me thus far. He's sloppy as shit, and getting the kind of push Ultimo Dragon was denied 6 or so years ago. Could have sold his masks, too, fuckers.

EDIT: "Hi, you may not know who we are. Our name is The Corre."

They probably kept Skidmarks just to see Demott kill him. Cross wasn't ever going to win anyway. Still an entertaining bit of television. Which is what matters now right?

[quote name='JJSP']Best news I've heard about TNA in a long time.[/QUOTE]

It seems like we've heard this a thousand times already. I'll believe it when I see it. A new name would do wonders for TNA though. They seriously need a better name. Like the 6-sided ring, it was a nice gimmick at first, but they won't be taken seriously with a name like that.

Damn weather killing my DirectTV signal.

edit- TNA needs a name not generally associated with meaning tits and ass.

The thing with Sin Cara is that like myke said, he's sloppy. His match had absolutely no flow to it. It was boring. Also who screwed up that ending? Primo?

It's sad to see Bryan related to jobber status so quickly.

[quote name='mykevermin']Sin Cara has not impressed me thus far. He's sloppy as shit, and getting the kind of push Ultimo Dragon was denied 6 or so years ago. Could have sold his masks, too, fuckers.[/QUOTE]

This.

Wait? A week where the Corre doesn't get buried?! It's a miracle!

JR's still calling the match better than Cole ever could.

Edit: I lol'ed at "not like this!"

Is there any kind of rule that says he can't create his own stipulation? Like a match in which it's illegal for Michael Cole to hit anyone?

Why are they even dragging Lawler's ass out of mothballs anyway? He seems to be the go to guy for filling time. I never got his and Bret Hart's old feuds either.

edit- Lawler seemed out of breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back