The "X is better than you at Rock Band" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chika']now, now kids. play nice. there's a whole section of the site for politics.[/QUOTE]

But then I'd have to argue with myke. :x

[quote name='Liquid 2']But then I'd have to argue with myke. :x[/quote]

and we all know that arguing with myke isn't arguing, it's talking to a wall and getting yelled back at.

[quote name='Liquid 2']We could do with another few thousand nuclear power plants across the US.[/quote]

Great idea! And what would we do with all the highly toxic and deadly waste?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Great idea! And what would we do with all the highly toxic and deadly waste?[/QUOTE]

Dump it in poor, minority communities! :cool:

Shoot it into space, bury it under a mountain, drop it in a volcano (this might be a bad idea, actually...), etc etc

[quote name='corrosivefrost']you're old.

(mine does that too, minus the switching to 480p and then locking. ;) it does go black and turn off the sixaxis though. then the playstation 2 logo comes up and everything is graaavy.)[/quote]
Mine does that (not the freezing) but I thought that was normal.

[quote name='Maklershed']I once beat a brick wall at tennis.

Chika, why is your hubby so hurtful to me? :cry:[/quote]
:bow:

You do have it set to upscale right?

[quote name='Liquid 2']Dump it in poor, minority communities! :cool:

Shoot it into space, bury it under a mountain, drop it in a volcano (this might be a bad idea, actually...), etc etc
[/quote]

Shoot it into space? Ok, cool. Where will we launch the rocket from? See, most space stations are built near towns, and lets not forget, rockets have a habit of exploding while taking off. Is that what we need? A rocket full of toxic waste exploding near a populated area?

Bury it under a mountain? What mountain? And how do the people who live near that mountain feel? How will they feel when it starts to seep into their water table? And how do we get it to that mountain? In trucks? What if a truck crashes? Maybe you're ok with trucks packed with nuclear waste driving past your house, but I think most people would be a little nervous about it.

I'll just pretend I didn't see the volcano suggestion.

[quote name='dallow']:bow:

You do have it set to upscale right?[/quote]

Have the ps3 set to upscale? I don't know. How do I check that?

[quote name='Maklershed']Have the ps3 set to upscale? I don't know. How do I check that?[/quote]
Should be under settings for PS2/PSX games, have it set to Normal upscaling.

You've played PS2 games on it before though right?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Shoot it into space? Ok, cool. Where will we launch the rocket from? See, most space stations are built near towns, and lets not forget, rockets have a habit of exploding while taking off. Is that what we need? A rocket full of toxic waste exploding near a populated area?

Bury it under a mountain? What mountain? And how do the people who live near that mountain feel? How will they feel when it starts to seep into their water table? And how do we get it to that mountain? In trucks? What if a truck crashes? Maybe you're ok with trucks packed with nuclear waste driving past your house, but I think most people would be a little nervous about it.

I'll just pretend I didn't see the volcano suggestion.[/QUOTE]

Rockets are very far from towns, actually, and they hardly have a habit of exploding on the launch pad. Next thing I know, you'll be telling me that driving is safer than flying.

Have you seen the Rockies? There are plenty of places that are unpopulated. And you can just bury the waste below the water table or deep into the mountain, where there is no water table to worry about.

Volcano suggestion was (clearly) a joke. Still, I can't help but wonder what would happen if you incinerated the waste.

[quote name='dallow']Should be under settings for PS2/PSX games, have it set to Normal upscaling.

You've played PS2 games on it before though right?[/quote]

I might have played God of War 2 on it but I dont remember.

I'll check out your suggestion.

[quote name='dallow']I wonder too liquid. :)[/QUOTE]

:cool:

I just had a brilliant idea: we can dump the waste in the Valley. No one cares about those losers anyways. :cool:

Oh DAMN
I just found out.

RIP

bo-diddley.jpg

BoDiddley.jpg

One of my fave artists.
And one of Johnny Marr's greatest influences.

Bo Diddley.
"the man"

[quote name='becuzimbrown']

What we really need is a Guitar Hero: Jack Johnson.[/quote]

[quote name='dallow']Guitar Hero: Disturbed[/quote]

*shudders*

How about Guitar Hero: ICP

[quote name='Liquid 2']Rockets are very far from towns, actually, and they hardly have a habit of exploding on the launch pad. Next thing I know, you'll be telling me that driving is safer than flying.

Have you seen the Rockies? There are plenty of places that are unpopulated. And you can just bury the waste below the water table or deep into the mountain, where there is no water table to worry about.

Volcano suggestion was (clearly) a joke. Still, I can't help but wonder what would happen if you incinerated the waste.[/quote]

By close, I didn't mean right next to the launch pad. Think of how high those rockets go, if one were to exploded, with a little wind, you could have a pretty wide coverage area. And while rockets don't explode all the time, they still explode. You might as well set off a dirty bomb. I won't even get into the problems that floating nuclear waste in space would cause.

Ok fine, so you bury it in the Rockies. I'll ignore that much of the Rockies is protected land that people still use for logging and recreation. That space isn't unlimited. Sooner or later, you're going to run out of room. So congrats, you've got an entire range of mountains filled with nuclear waste. Then what?

What it comes down to, is that nuclear energy would be great if it didn't produce large quantities of deadly and toxic waste. People would also be at risk of plant failure. A meltdown could wipe out an entire city, making it unlivable.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Does the 360 stream wmvhd? Is it terrible?[/QUOTE]

WMVHD?

You mean high definition WMV files? If so, yes it does and it looks fantastic.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Dallow's holding out for Guitar Hero: Nickelback.[/quote]

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I thought he wanted Guitar Hero: All American Rejects? :cool:[/quote]

[quote name='Temporaryscars']By close, I didn't mean right next to the launch pad. Think of how high those rockets go, if one were to exploded, with a little wind, you could have a pretty wide coverage area. And while rockets don't explode all the time, they still explode. You might as well set off a dirty bomb. I won't even get into the problems that floating nuclear waste in space would cause.

Ok fine, so you bury it in the Rockies. I'll ignore that much of the Rockies is protected land that people still use for logging and recreation. That space isn't unlimited. Sooner or later, you're going to run out of room. So congrats, you've got an entire range of mountains filled with nuclear waste. Then what?

What it comes down to, is that nuclear energy would be great if it didn't produce large quantities of deadly and toxic waste. People would also be at risk of plant failure. A meltdown could wipe out an entire city, making it unlivable.[/QUOTE]Space is rather risky, yes, but it's an option.

We'll have nuclear fusion looooooooong before we get anywhere near to the potential capacity of the Rockies.

The amount of waste (which isn't as much as you think it is) is not enough of a con to outweigh the benefits of nuclear power.
No greenhouse gases! :cool:

[quote name='dallow']Mak, that doesn't really matter.
If the game doesn't play, something is broken.[/quote]

Looks like I have to load up the dashboard first and then put the disc in and then boot from there.

Now time to try some Persona 3. Hopefully I dig it. I want to like turn based games.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Rockets are very far from towns, actually, and they hardly have a habit of exploding on the launch pad. Next thing I know, you'll be telling me that driving is safer than flying.

Volcano suggestion was (clearly) a joke. Still, I can't help but wonder what would happen if you incinerated the waste.[/quote]

What if the rockets explode in the atmosphere? Nuclear waste everywhere!

[quote name='Liquid 2']Space is rather risky, yes, but it's an option.

We'll have nuclear fusion looooooooong before we get anywhere near to the potential capacity of the Rockies.

The amount of waste (which isn't as much as you think it is) is not enough of a con to outweigh the benefits of nuclear power.
No greenhouse gases! :cool:[/quote]

You can't bank on that. You don't know where we'll be. There's too many ifs in something that can be deadly.

[quote name='dallow']I really do hope we go back to nuclear power soon.[/quote]

Good. I hope they build the plant in your backyard and store the waste under your mother's garden.

3 January 1961
A reactor explosion (attributed by a Nuclear Regulatory Commission source to sabotage) at the National Reactor Testing Station in Arco, Idaho, killed one navy technician and two army technicians, and released radioactivity "largely confined" (words of John A. McCone, Director of the Atomic Energy Commission) to the reactor building. The three men were killed as they moved fuel rods in a "routine" preparation for the reactor start-up. One technician was blown to the ceiling of the containment dome and impaled on a control rod. His body remained there until it was taken down six days later. The men were so heavily exposed to radiation that their hands had to be buried separately with other radioactive waste, and their bodies were interred in lead coffins.
24 July 1964
Robert Peabody, 37, died at the United Nuclear Corp. fuel facility in Charlestown, Rhode Island, when liquid uranium he was pouring went critical, starting a reaction that exposed him to a lethal dose of radiation.
19 November 1971
The water storage space at the Northern States Power Company's reactor in Monticello, Minnesota filled to capacity and spilled over, dumping about 50,000 gallons of radioactive waste water into the Mississippi River. Some was taken into the St. Paul water system.
March 1972
Senator Mike Gravel of Alaska submitted to the Congressional Record facts surrounding a routine check in a nuclear power plant which indicated abnormal radioactivity in the building's water system. Radioactivity was confirmed in the plant drinking fountain. Apparently there was an inappropriate cross-connection between a 3,000 gallon radioactive tank and the water system.
27 July 1972
Two workers at the Surry Unit 2 facility in Virginia were fatally scalded after a routine valve adjustment led to a steam release in a gap in a vent line. [See also 9 December 1986]
28 May 1974
The Atomic Energy Commission reported that 861 "abnormal events" had occurred in 1973 in the nation's 42 operative nuclear power plants. Twelve involved the release of radioactivity "above permissible levels."
22 March 1975
A technician checking for air leaks with a lighted candle caused $100 million in damage when insulation caught fire at the Browns Ferry reactor in Decatur, Alabama. The fire burned out electrical controls, lowering the cooling water to dangerous levels, before the plant could be shut down.
28 March 1979
A major accident at the Three Mile Island nuclear plant near Middletown, Pennsylvania. At 4:00 a.m. a series of human and mechanical failures nearly triggered a nuclear disaster. By 8:00 a.m., after cooling water was lost and temperatures soared above 5,000 degrees, the top portion of the reactor's 150-ton core collapsed and melted. Contaminated coolant water escaped into a nearby building, releasing radioactive gasses, leading as many as 200,000 people to flee the region. Despite claims by the nuclear industry that "no one died at Three Mile Island," a study by Dr. Ernest J. Sternglass, professor of radiation physics at the University of Pittsburgh, showed that the accident led to a minimum of 430 infant deaths.
The Critical Mass Energy Project of Public Citizen, Inc. reported that there were 4,060 mishaps and 140 serious events at nuclear power plants in 1981, up from 3,804 mishaps and 104 serious events the previous year.

There's a reason we don't use nuclear energy.

Hey Zew, or anyone that has played Persona 3 ... as a person new to turn based rpgs, can I play this on normal or should I try easy?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Do you have it set to auto-boot whatever's in the drive?[/quote]

Yes sir. I guess it would be wise to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back