Theme Park DS

boyward

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
The only amusement park simulator I've played is Rollercoaster Tycoon for PC, which I thoroughly enjoyed. How does Theme Park DS compare with that game, and do you think there's a big enough difference between the games that I'm better off waiting for Rollercoaster Tycoon DS? (To my knowledge, such a game has not been announced.)

I played Theme Park long before I took a crack at RCT, and really enjoyed it, but RCT is a much better game in every aspect. I would think it would be difficult to take that step back, but perhaps not.

[quote name='David85']Bullfrog's Theme Park had fireworks that would always make people happy.[/quote]

There were two things I really liked about Theme Park (PC) that RCT didn't have:
* The bargaining with the employees for higher pay
* The ability to buy stock in other parks

Graphically, Theme Park looked stupid to me. It was like Fisher Price Theme Park.

RCT I thought was the best (the original version). The add-ons, while the brought more rides/types to the games, started to limit you (stupid things like you can't charge admission and individually for rides. Also, some of the goals became really stupid (Build an amusement park of 14 rollercoasters). It wasn't like running a park at all. RCT2 (with the Six Flags themeing) was even worse. I could never get into that one.

Anyway, I couldn't go back to Theme Park. I'd think it (like other Sim-like games) would kind of suck on a portable system.

I think they changed it where you can't charge admission to the park and then for rides is because it's not realistic. Most parks either charge admission and unlimited rides (except for upcharges like Go Karts, slingshots etc.) or others have no admission but charge for each ride or offer a wristband option. Some smaller parks charge a small admission fee ($2 - $5) and then charge for rides as well but that's the exception.

Im a huge Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and 3 fan and I rented Theme Park DS and many aspects of it just seemed broken.

Your assistant always tells you to raise prices on food and admission tickets even when there already in the high hundreds.

People seem to get stuck in regular paths and employes dont do their jobs or follow their routes very well.

The game is also very 2D like, you cant rotate any of the rides or even the camera. Everything is always at a predetermined angle. Stylus controll is very wonky and Its also extremely easy to go bankrupt in a short ammount of time.

I definetly recomend any of the Rollercoaster Tycoon games over Theme Park DS anyday. Thrillville on the PS2 XB and PSP is also a much better game than TP DS.

I has a huge Themepark PC player from way back, but that game was eclipsed in every way by RCT imo. If they had come out with RCT DS, I would have bought that already. For this game I'll be waiting for a huge pricedrop, or grab it used as part of a b2g1 sale.

Has there been a Rollercoaster Tycoon DS game announced, and if not, is there any legal or business reason why they couldn't make that for DS?

bread's done
Back