TheSource LBP: GOTY $14.96 Resistance2 $0.96

LOL

La Source Promenades St-Bruno got ransacked at opening of their 2 copies of Resistance 2.

Hoarders in St-Bruno now....who would have thought.

Really good price on both, but I am not about to go on a wild chase to every Source in town to find a copy.

Good luck finding these. I just called a store that showed it had them in-stock on their website and both games were sold out already.

Yeah, you should be able to find LBP but dont count on Resistance.
I grabbed a copy of LBP this morning, a guy in front of me was buying the other.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']LOL

La Source Promenades St-Bruno got ransacked at opening of their 2 copies of Resistance 2.

Hoarders in St-Bruno now....who would have thought.[/QUOTE]

The hoarders are everywhere; they might even be watching this message board. HAHA!

Seriously, I don't know why they sell their old games at such ridiculous prices at The Source.

I sort of want a copy of these games... Too bad it's out of stock near my place and that I don't have time to travel...

Got to the only one in the province that had Resistance 2 in stock. Walked in right as they opened with another guy. Both of us got a copy of it, but had to paper-rock-scissors over the LittleBigPlanet.... and I lost. And that was the game I went for too. Oh well.

Still, got my copy of Resistance 2 and also picked up the only copy of Motorstorm: Arctic Edge for $10 and the only copy of Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier (PSP version) for $15.

Originally none of the four prices were coming up in the system, but thankfully the people working there were understanding and checked the website, docking them down to the advertised price.

Anyone tried price matching these yet? I doubt anyone would do Resistance 2, but some stores may bite on LBP without calling stores to check availability...

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Got to the only one in the province that had Resistance 2 in stock. Walked in right as they opened with another guy. Both of us got a copy of it, but had to paper-rock-scissors over the LittleBigPlanet.... and I lost. And that was the game I went for too. Oh well.

Still, got my copy of Resistance 2 and also picked up the only copy of Motorstorm: Arctic Edge for $10 and the only copy of Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier (PSP version) for $15.

Originally none of the four prices were coming up in the system, but thankfully the people working there were understanding and checked the website, docking them down to the advertised price.[/QUOTE]
lol score! Rock paper scissors keeping the peace, gotta love it. My wife and I use it to settle disputes all the time.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']
lol score! Rock paper scissors keeping the peace, gotta love it. My wife and I use it to settle disputes all the time.[/QUOTE]

He was technically first in the store, but he only asked for Resistance. Since I asked for LittleBigPlanet first, the clerk was going to give it to me, but I agreed to paper-rock-scissors because I thought it was fair. We were both after the same two games, we just asked for them in different order.

I took a chance and went to Walmart to see if they'd price match it (LBP). They didn't even ask or call to see if any other stores had it in stock. Took a quick look at the print out and price matched it no problem! :D

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']I took a chance and went to Walmart to see if they'd price match it (LBP). They didn't even ask or call to see if any other stores had it in stock. Took a quick look at the print out and price matched it no problem! :D[/QUOTE]
Lucky you.

I wish The Source wouldn't hold games... went there and they said they're holding R2 for some guy who's picking it up tonight. Oh well. thanks for the heads up.

Phew, I saw this as soon as I woke up, called a place to put it on hold (Lawrence Square), and didn't care about my appearance as I went outside with frizzy hair (which the rain only made worse) to claim my LBP. I knew that I could get it for less than $29.99. :cool: Thanks for posting OP!

Only downside is that I lost my DS stylus while I was on the TTC. :bomb: Oh well, I still have my spare. And two spares that aren't coral pink so they don't match, but oh well, I'll look online to buy another lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, I phoned a Kitchener location today, and before I finished even asking he said "No and good luck finding it!" *CLICK*

What if I was asking for Resistance Retribution? :_:

Just came back from Wal-Mart at Keele and Lawrence, after an hour I managed to get a copy of Resistance 2 for 1.09. If you want to take the chance, there is about 4 left in stock.

What a fucking waste of my time. My store had TWO LBP and when I got there they said they were taking them for themselves, for eBay profit.

fuck THE SOURCE

[quote name='jeffx']What a fucking waste of my time. My store had TWO LBP and when I got there they said they were taking them for themselves, for eBay profit.

fuck THE SOURCE[/QUOTE]
Wow, why would they even bother telling you? I can see them doing it, fine. But why rub it in your face? What a douche bag.

Of all the days, today just had to be the day I woke up at 5pm =(

I tried all the locations near me which have a copy or 2 in stock but on the phone they say its sold out. I wonder if I should still check out store in person or if it would be a waste of time.

[quote name='CoachHines']Of all the days, today just had to be the day I woke up at 5pm =(

I tried all the locations near me which have a copy or 2 in stock but on the phone they say its sold out. I wonder if I should still check out store in person or if it would be a waste of time.[/QUOTE]
I guess there is always a chance but I'd guess a waste of time. When I called the Source 4 or 5 hours ago most stores said they had already got quite a few calls asking about it. I'd imagine most of the country is dry by now.

[quote name='JnJosh']got 2 lbp goty for 10$ a pop! pm'd at FS[/QUOTE]

What kind of neanderthals do they have working at that FS of yours??

I'm not to worried about this, LBP will become available for $19.99 at some point, and I already own R2.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']I wish The Source wouldn't hold games... went there and they said they're holding R2 for some guy who's picking it up tonight. Oh well. thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Same here. After one employee was checking to find the copy that they had in store, when he asked a co-worker she gave that story as well.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Yeah, you should be able to find LBP but dont count on Resistance.
I grabbed a copy of LBP this morning, a guy in front of me was buying the other.[/QUOTE]

haha, was it the source on ste catherine near berri metro by any chance?

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']Same here. After one employee was checking to find the copy that they had in store, when he asked a co-worker she gave that story as well.[/QUOTE]

Same here, bullshit.

[quote name='game_fanatic']What kind of neanderthals do they have working at that FS of yours??

I'm not to worried about this, LBP will become available for $19.99 at some point, and I already own R2.[/QUOTE]

goty is 30 this weekend at FS, 20 for mgs4 (and special edition too i believe)

But i have friends who work at fs! showed him the page, and he printed it off just incase his higher up would give him trouble.

Had no idea, just copy pasted. Blame RFD, blame them for everything!

On a side note, WOOT! All 4 copies of Locoroco 2 had been ransacked at one location yesterday, but I was able to get the last one at another store! CSR obviously didnt know of the price, phew :)

Managed to get LPB for 15 , there was on left.

Went to 2 stores, no resistance for 1$ , but i did find loco roco 2 for 1$ :)

Thanks for the heads up op!

Went to a different location today and found LittleBigPlanet! So, if people are discouraged about finding that one after the stories of how quick Resistance was snatched up, check online to see if anywhere near you has it.

But yeah. If you want Resistance, that ship has long sailed.

bread's done
Back