They Call Me Bruce (Campbell)

guardian_owl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
The closest thing we will probably ever see to an Evil Dead 4:

They Call Me Bruce is the tale of a small town set upon by demons after a group of teen-agers unwittingly unleash an ancient curse. Campbell, playing himself, is kidnapped off the set of a B horror movie and, despite his protestations that he's just an actor, is forced to play the role of his heroic movie character in order to save the town. Mark Verheiden (The Mask, TimeCop) is writing the screenplay. Production is scheduled for early 2006 in southern Oregon.

They Call Me Bruce is being produced by Dark Horse Indie, the new joint venture production company created by Dark Horse Entertainment and Image Entertainment. Popular actor and Oregon resident Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, Army of Darkness) is set to star and direct. He will also produce the project with another Oregon resident, Dark Horse president Mike Richardson.
http://www.bruce-campbell.com/

According to the IMDB page filming has begun.

I thought this topic was about this movie:

t37648ydpc6.jpg

[quote name='Xevious']I thought this topic was about this movie:

t37648ydpc6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thats the one I was thinking of.

Yknow, Bruce has the potential to rise above the B class that hes currently sitting at. I dont see why he hasnt taken the next step.

He seems to be content with B movie status. I thought they were working on an ED4 though? I know I was hearing something a while back about there being 2 new ED movies, one that's a remake of the original w/ complete new ppl and everything with Raimi and Tapert producing but someone else directing. There was talk of another starring Bruce and directed by Raimi being done around the same time.

[quote name='Level Jumper']He seems to be content with B movie status. I thought they were working on an ED4 though? I know I was hearing something a while back about there being 2 new ED movies, one that's a remake of the original w/ complete new ppl and everything with Raimi and Tapert producing but someone else directing. There was talk of another starring Bruce and directed by Raimi being done around the same time.[/QUOTE]
From "The Chin" Himself

[quote name='Danro']Yknow, Bruce has the potential to rise above the B class that hes currently sitting at. I dont see why he hasnt taken the next step.[/QUOTE]
and abandon the cult status he's achieved?

Has anyone seen the Bruce Campbell movie called "The Woods"?

I've always been curious about this film.

[quote name='Xevious']Has anyone seen the Bruce Campbell movie called "The Woods"?

I've always been curious about this film.[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean "Within the Woods", which was pretty much a prequel/rough draft for Evil Dead.

x-entertainment.com's Matt was able to get a copy of the flick and review it. Check it out here

[quote name='Purple Flames']I assume you mean "Within the Woods", which was pretty much a prequel/rough draft for Evil Dead.

x-entertainment.com's Matt was able to get a copy of the flick and review it. Check it out here[/QUOTE]
No, I believe the OP means "The Woods" the directoral follow-up of the person who did "May", lucky McKee or something like that. The release date keeps on changing, current rumor is a limited release in April.

[quote name='guardian_owl']No, I believe the OP means "The Woods" the directoral follow-up of the person who did "May", lucky McKee or something like that. The release date keeps on changing, current rumor is a limited release in April.[/QUOTE]

Guardian Owl is 100% correct. This is the film I am refering to.

[quote name='Danro']Yknow, Bruce has the potential to rise above the B class that hes currently sitting at. I dont see why he hasnt taken the next step.[/QUOTE]

He's tried. Didn't you see his cameo with Bob Thorton in Intolerable Cruelty?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']He's tried. Didn't you see his cameo with Bob Thorton in Intolerable Cruelty?[/QUOTE]
That has more to do with the Coen's old ties with Campbell than anything else. Joel Coen was an assistant editor on Evil Dead. I would say one of his bigger attempts to cross into mainstream was Serving Sara.

[quote name='Xevious']Has anyone seen the Bruce Campbell movie called "The Woods"?

I've always been curious about this film.[/QUOTE]
The trailer was first attached to the dvd re-release of the original Amthyville Horror around the time the remake was coming out and that is when I first saw footage of it. If memory serves me originally it was scheduled for November. Now however it seems when Sony acquired was it MGM? and now they don't know what to do with it, so currently there is no idea when it is coming out. Good news though is that the trailer of "The Woods" has finally been online for your viewing pleasure.
"The Woods" trailer on Twitch Film

I recall reading an interview with Sam Raimi, he said (paraphrased) "Doing Evil dead 4 seems right, but I wouldn't want a lot of money involved."

Problem being, Spider-man movie producers said they are looking forward to creating 6 (7?) more Spider-man movies. Sam said he would be on board as well.

(I can't recall my sources for both of these seeing as I heard about both of them over a year ago, you'll just have to take my word for it)

And does anyone know if they will ever do Bubba Ho-tep Nosferatu movie?

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I recall reading an interview with Sam Raimi, he said (paraphrased) "Doing Evil dead 4 seems right, but I wouldn't want a lot of money involved."

Problem being, Spider-man movie producers said they are looking forward to creating 6 (7?) more Spider-man movies. Sam said he would be on board as well.

(I can't recall my sources for both of these seeing as I heard about both of them over a year ago, you'll just have to take my word for it)

And does anyone know if they will ever do Bubba Ho-tep Nosferatu movie?[/QUOTE]

I saw something similar. I think it was on the Evil Dead: Book of the Dead DVD. They were at some kind of convention and Sam (or maybe Bruce) said that they wanted to do ED4, but it would need to be an indy-type project. But you're right, with all of the success of the Spider-Man movies, Sam is probably locked up for quite a while.

[quote name='guardian_owl']From "The Chin" Himself[/quote] Was interested to find out info from the Chin himself, but the link doesn't work. [quote name='Brak']I like the title -- homage to "They Call Me Trinity".[/quote] Samething came to my mind as well. I don't know if you've seen any of my other posts about it Brak, but the Trinity Trilogy/series is one of my favorite westerns of all time. Plus it's kind of nice getting all three for $1.00 each. Not the best picture transfer, but the sounds is great. One of them even came in a true blue hard DVD Snap case. :D [quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I recall reading an interview with Sam Raimi, he said (paraphrased) "Doing Evil dead 4 seems right, but I wouldn't want a lot of money involved."

And does anyone know if they will ever do Bubba Ho-tep Nosferatu movie?[/quote] There are so many rumors concerning Bruce "The Man/Chin" Campbell and Raimi it isn't funny. Seems like every so often a new rumor comes a long for an Evil Dead 4 and it keeps getting my hopes up. And about the Spiderman movies, I hear they were only going to do 5/6 of them total so after this one just three more....but again just rumors.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Was interested to find out info from the Chin himself, but the link doesn't work.[/QUOTE]
Looks like they are currently redesigning Bruce Campbell's official site, see whether this link to the google cache works.

bread's done
Back