Thief: Deadly Shadows (XBX) $19.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ikill2game

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
ok, i know this deal is mentioned in the $5-$20 off circuit city thread, but alot of people might overlook it since it is such a small part of that huge thread, so i'm making a separate post about it.

THE FACTS:

- this week circuit city has thief on sale for $34.99.

- circuit city accepts competitor's coupons.

- target has an online coupon for $15 off thief for xbox that you can print out.

THE PLAN:

- print out this coupon

- take it to circuit city

- get a copy of thief (for xbox)

- take it to the service desk

- hand them the game and the coupon.

then you should be walking out of there with a copy of thief: deadly shadows for xbox for only $19.99 + tax (just like i did last night)!

Quote:

is thief made by the guys who did Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War?

love those games

Yes Pimp, it is.

The 1st CC that i went to said they didnt accept coupons, i argued but to no avail....The 2nd two both accepted the coupon but checked the web and said that at 34.99 (the current CC sale price) is the same as the price at Target with the coupon (49.99 -15.00) so i couldnt use it. :evil:

Just walked out of CC with Thief for $21.19 after tax.

At first the manager never heard of CC taking competitor's coupons but I insisted I use them ALL the time (not true), he made a quick call and was told to take it. It was marked $39.99 but I got it for $21.19, thanks to whoever figured this out.

BTW they have a big sign behind the cust service desk that says CC will gladly match any competitor's price.

This worked for me yesterday. Actually, it ended up being $18.49 due to some weird computer calculation that I didn't quite get.

Thanks for the deal!

For all you New Yorkers, I just went to the Circuit City in Union Square and they wouldn't do the deal. The woman looked at the printout and said: "We don't pricematch on competitor's coupons, rebates or special promotions." End of story.

They did have about five Soul Caibur IIs for Xbox, $14.99. I left some for you guys. ;)

Jeremy

You know if you want an even better deal:

Buy Full Spectrum Warrior. Circuit City is giving a $10 gift card with purchase. Being that FSW is $45 with the $5 discount this week, that's not too shabby of a deal.

Then turn around and use the $10 gift card on Thief and walk out with it for $10 and change!

Jeremy

Worked for me today. I called first and they did not hesitate to say yes.
Also, mine too was $18.49 before tax. Along with the $5 discount, then the $15 coupon, they are price matching!! So another $1.50 off to get to $18.49! With tax, I spent $19.69.

BTW, this was in Minneapolis.

I was thinking about this just the other day. Since I saw this thread, I thought it'd be worth it to try. Yep. I got it for like $18.60 after tax today. w00t!

[quote name='ikill2game']well, there are 2 members on vgtalk that are both emplyees of circuit city and both of them have said that it is store policy to accept competitor's coupons. furthermore, i have tried it at 2 circuit cities near me and the managers at both stores said that they do infact accept competitor's coupons when the customer service people went and asked them if they were supposed to take the coupon or not.[/quote]

Like I said, that was how CC was when I worked there. Thanks for enlightening me on this, I really didn't think they'd accept coupons and stuff.

congrats to all who were able to get in on this! :applause: \:D/

my sympathy to those who got rejected :-({|= :cry:

and to all those who are either too fucking stupid :dunce: or just too scared :baby: to even try, ROTFLMAO! what a bunch of losers! #-o

I called my CC and they said they only that the coupon off of the company it comes from price. So Target has it for 50 it would drop the price from 50 to 35. fucking stupid if you ask me. I will try the CC in Vero Beach before i give up (I called the one in Melbourne....looks like they got tipped off to this deal. I didn't even mention that it was Thief 3 I was going to use it on and they used it as the example)

my cc did this for me so i got it for $19.99 plus tax, yay

the manager did tell me that store policy did not provide for the acceptance of competitor coupons but that he would do it just this once since it may have been done for me in the past, pretty cool i thought

I was surprised it worked for me considering how awful Circuit City's customer service is in general, and that they still had copies. Unfortunatley they didnt take the ten percent off but really I can't complain- at $22 its about as cheap as it will ever be for at least the next year. Nice work guys. Now we just have to figure out something similar for Riddick and FSW.

Sorry, but this wont' work. The topic creator is likely a liar. CC won't accept theirs or any other competitors coupons on items they have on sale. This would work on a CC non-sale item, but it's a no-go on their sale items. BB and most other stores are the same way. Nice try :lol:

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Sorry, but this wont' work. The topic creator is likely a liar. CC won't accept theirs or any other competitors coupons on items they have on sale. This would work on a CC non-sale item, but it's a no-go on their sale items. BB and most other stores are the same way. Nice try :lol:[/quote]

hey MIX_MASTERBATER, are you fucking retarded or something? maybe you ought to try reading before you call me a liar. here's the list of all the people on this forum that have posted IN THIS VERY THREAD that they have done this and it worked:

Stryffe2004
mtxbass1
everdave
The_Continental
optimolife
dennis_t
indytgn
GameDude
andrew333
Jonny Polychronopoulos

and if that's not enough, your post pissed me off enough for me to scan my receipt to prove your dumbass wrong, check it, thief's at the bottom:

thiefreceipt.gif

and what did you do, create an account just to post that this is bogus and i'm a liar? you really are fucking retarded.

I've used the GGC at CC many times and you actully get $5.50 off since they pricematch %110 of the difference. The GGC is pretty much a coupon. I'm going to pick up TDS with the Target coupon tomorrow. Thanks for the post. Great deal.

[quote name='controlcommerce']The coupon expires on the 20th. Any word when CC will expire the $35 sale? I'm going to have to wait until Monday to try this. Will it be too late?[/quote]

i think the sale is only good thru tomorrow, so you better come up with $20 quick if you want to do it.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Sorry, but this wont' work. The topic creator is likely a liar. CC won't accept theirs or any other competitors coupons on items they have on sale. This would work on a CC non-sale item, but it's a no-go on their sale items. BB and most other stores are the same way. Nice try :lol:[/quote]

Not true. It seems it's a YMMV type of thing. I purchased PGR2 and Crimson Skies when they were on sale for $24.99. I paid $20.66 each after using the Best Buy Gamers Gift Card coupon there. I wouldn't say it was their store wide policy, but I have never had a problem using that particular coupon at the CC near me. I haven't tried any of the Target coupons as of yet though.

I went to the city to see Riddick (kicked ass!) and though hey I would try to get Thief while I was there. I got shut down... (Damn their bastardly ways) the clerk called target to see what price they sold Thief for... turned out because Target only sells it for 34.99 that was the lowest they would go. So I told them I would buy it from Target then... they just stared at me... oh well. Damn their bastardly ways. Looks like it is gonna be per store guys. Good Luck All!!!!

[quote name='n00bie']If your Circuit City won't take the coupon just take it to target and buy the game for $34.99. It's worth it.[/quote]

If thers an opportunity to get a cheaper price, the Cheap Ass Gamers will put up the good fight to get it.

I finally been collecting up money from loose pocket money, and allowance, ended up with a little more than $20, yay, finally get to cash in, thanks! :)

[quote name='Renzokuken'][quote name='n00bie']If your Circuit City won't take the coupon just take it to target and buy the game for $34.99. It's worth it.[/quote]

If thers an opportunity to get a cheaper price, the Cheap Ass Gamers will put up the good fight to get it.[/quote]

Yeah I don't blame you, but don't miss out on a great game because you can't save $20

My local CC says that they accept manufacturer's coupons but not competitor's coupons. This is the answer I got after she asked what competitor it was and what video game it was for.....CC is now on my suck list.

[quote name='O.D.D']I called my CC and they said they only that the coupon off of the company it comes from price. [/quote]

This sentence makes my brain hurt. :shock:

Just went to Circuit City in Madison Heights, MI and picked up Thief for $18.49. Price started at $34.99, he then deducted $15 with the coupon and finally gave me 110% of the price difference. He punched in some code on the register which brought up a menu of like 12 competitors which included Best Buy, Target and Wal Mart plus some others I can't remember. He picked selected Target and put in a note of instore coupon for $15 . No hassle or arguing with store managers.

Also picked up Alter Echo for $4.96 and Metal Gear Solid 2 for $9.99. 3 games for under $35 is a nice day!

Ok, just got back from CC and walked away with Thief for $18.49 after the Target coupon. The clerk initially told me they don't accept Target coupons. I told him they do, and that I've used competitor coupons there many times. He called over a Manager who punched in some sorta code and told the clerk to price match the coupon. Bingo. A little hassle at my CC, but in the end, I left smiling. :)

My Circuit City (Paramus, NJ) just told me that they do not accept coupons from the competition.

Just got back from the Orem, UT CC and after not seeing Thief: DS on the shelf, was told that CC does not carry the game. I asked two different employees if they could look the game up in their system (they kept referring to a month-old printed list of game titles they carried), and both referred me to the website, saying they couldn't look up anything in their system but I could at home on the website. I ended up pawing through all of the Xbox games on the floor (which were nicely unorganized and had titles covering other titles), and gave up after looking for someone for 10 minutes to open the locked "new games" case, which seems to be more of an Xbox overflow than anything else, as nothing in said case was actually new.

In all the times that I've gone to CC in the last two or three years (in multiple regions of the country, too), I've never walked away happy. Every single time I've been given misinformation, they've been out of stock on an advetised item (right after the sale started), or I've had a horrible time finding assistance on a simple matter such as this.

YMMV indeed.

jt.

i just got back from the local CC and they were big dicks about the whole thing. keep in mind that ive used the $5 best buy coupon there numerous times.

the guy said that since target has it for $50 and itd be $35 after the coupon, i couldnt use it at CC since thats what its already set at.

why in the hell wouldnt i just buy it at target if i wanted it for $35?

i hate that place

[quote name='jtkauff']In all the times that I've gone to CC in the last two or three years (in multiple regions of the country, too), I've never walked away happy. Every single time I've been given misinformation, they've been out of stock on an advetised item (right after the sale started), or I've had a horrible time finding assistance on a simple matter such as this.

YMMV indeed.

jt.[/quote]

[quote name='crawlingpeter']i just got back from the local CC and they were big dicks about the whole thing. keep in mind that ive used the $5 best buy coupon there numerous times.

i hate that place[/quote]

yeah, i fukking hate them too. ever since they screwed me on a $100 mail-in-rebate, the only time i shop there is if i can screw them back (like this deal). i'm very happy that i got alot more people to screw them over b/c of this thread! \:D/

The first time I asked CC if they took competitor's coupons, I think I got the store manager (or one of the managers). He asked to see the coupon and then said "sure" before walking off. It didn't seem like a big deal to him, as he didn't have to instruct a cashier on what to do or anything. I left to get Mario Golf off of the shelves and returned to the customer service desk. I handed the person behind the counter the BB GGC coupon, and her rejected it, despite standing right next to the manager I asked just moments before. I had to remind him "Hey, the guy I was talking to a moment ago said you took these..." Then, everything went through fine.

When I went in this afternoon for Thief, I just asked "Do you still take competitor's coupons?" And, the girl at the register nodded and pushed everything through for me for $18.49. She had to type in a lot of crap to get it done, though. That's probably why so many people on here get stonewalled.

-Hoshi

I went to Circuit City today and had success using the coupon. The manager on duty said they don't usually take other store coupons but I guess she made an exception for me.

Mine should have been at that price too I think but I didn't remind them about the 10% PM. I was kinda glad they took the coupon and PM a bunch of $4.99 Best Buy games to risk pissing them off.

Umm my Circuit City in Fairfax, VA takes competitor coupons and I got this game for $19.99, all I had to do was ask the store manager and tell him that Target was out of stock and I would have just bought it there. He took it without hesitation. My circuit city also accepts the Best Buy Gamer Card every time. It's soo good to live near a good CC. This was also one of those where I could pick up soo many .01 games - especially the Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds bundle that I sold on ebay (15 copies) each over $25 bucks.

What are the odds CC will even have this in stock? Maybe its just my store but anytime a game is on ad they are guaranteed (i.e. 100% of the time) out of stock. And I don't do raincheques.

Just left Circuit City here in Tulsa, OK 10 minutes ago and they would NOT take the coupon. Had them ask the manager and he said no, and they never have.

For those that had it work, good for you, but it will not work for everyone. Worth a try I guess. But I would call before I drive over there.

bread's done
Back