think gamestop will replace my discount card if it doesnt work?

brassguy04

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I got one of those gamestop discount cards in June which means it would be good until April.

I accidently put a pair of pants that had this card in it into the wash and dryer. The bar code looks a bit distorted - i dont know if it will still scan, but it doesn't look like it will.

The card clearly states that the "value card is non-transferable nor replaceable if lost or stolen"

This card is neither lost nor stolen - as i still have it.

Thoughts?

It would be bad customer service to not replace my card if it doesn't work as i still have many months use on it and i would buy much with it - and if they dont i wont buy anything from them.

i thought my brother's gamestop card was lost or something so i went to ask the game stop folks for a replacement but they dont allow but they just said if you bring in one of your subcription magazine they would discount your card or something.. thats about it but i just bought a new one

I'd go there and try to use it.... If it doesn't work, tell them it was just normal wear and tear, and they should do something to make it work or give you a new one.

it should be hole punched with the month and year it will expire if its not go to the one you bought it at and asked them to do it, as they should have your info in a file somewhere.

[quote name='rocknrollpart5']it should be hole punched with the month and year it will expire if its not go to the one you bought it at and asked them to do it, as they should have your info in a file somewhere.[/quote]

He's right about the hole punch. Unfortunately though, no personal info is kept on file. If the card doesn't work, then they aren't going to replace it. I know, it sucks, and it'd be so easy to replace it, but they probably aren't going to. :cry:

Do you have any receipts that you used the card with? If so, the number of your card will be printed on it. That is just as good as having the card.

There's no function in the gamestop POS system to reprint faded stickers, because the corporation is too lazy/cheap to make a program to do so.

They would rather waste their time writing inane comments about boosting reservations and subscriptions for our hi-tech DOS screensaver than to work on a stable, updated POS system.

But like someone said above, as long as you have a receipt that has the numbers on it, that will work just as well.

On a sidenote about Gamestop's corporate stupidity, stores are starting to get DSL installed for faster credit card/check transactions. So they send all these Gamestops DSL modems, ethernet switches, and have technicians set up the DSL in the store. Sounds great, right?

Oh, just one thing: they couldn't figure out a way to have the DSL work with the primitive DOS system we use for transactions.

So they are working on a POS that will support DSL that will be ready.... in about March. You know, just enough time to let the monkey's pound on enough keys so that a program will eventually be created.

I swear to god I work for the stupidest company on earth...

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='rocknrollpart5']it should be hole punched with the month and year it will expire if its not go to the one you bought it at and asked them to do it, as they should have your info in a file somewhere.[/quote]

He's right about the hole punch. Unfortunately though, no personal info is kept on file. If the card doesn't work, then they aren't going to replace it. I know, it sucks, and it'd be so easy to replace it, but they probably aren't going to. :cry:

Do you have any receipts that you used the card with? If so, the number of your card will be printed on it. That is just as good as having the card.[/quote]

interesting, because my store does in fact keep all the subscription info. but i suppose other stores will always be different. the receipt thing works too.

[quote name='frx']I swear to god I work for the stupidest company on earth...[/quote]

You and me both brother. Don't you also find it a bit ridiculous that the relatively expensive Dell computers used in our stores are being squandered on DOS-based point of sale software? And we already have our DSL installed as well. Now if we could only use it. I feel like killing myself when customers hear the 56k dial out during transactions.

[quote name='Ledhed']
You and me both brother. Don't you also find it a bit ridiculous that the relatively expensive Dell computers used in our stores are being squandered on DOS-based point of sale software? And we already have our DSL installed as well. Now if we could only use it. I feel like killing myself when customers hear the 56k dial out during transactions.[/quote]

Yeah, one wonders why they even bothered sending out new computers since the old computers worked well. Hell, my decade-old 486 computer in my closet could run their POS system just fine.

It's just pure stupidity. But if there is one bit of enjoyment I get from the POS, it's when you escape out of the system and type something like "/dir" and you get a warning message about how you are attempting to hack into the POS and this action will be sent to corporate and involves possible termination. Hilarity!

I have to say that sucks for you. I was gonna sa why don't ya'll just move over to Linux but then I noticed it's just your sales software that's DOS.
To give Gamestop credit unless you live in TX or one other state you won't get charged tax at Gamestop.com/ while EBGames ALWAYS does. X-(

[quote name='frx'][quote name='Ledhed']
You and me both brother. Don't you also find it a bit ridiculous that the relatively expensive Dell computers used in our stores are being squandered on DOS-based point of sale software? And we already have our DSL installed as well. Now if we could only use it. I feel like killing myself when customers hear the 56k dial out during transactions.[/quote]

Yeah, one wonders why they even bothered sending out new computers since the old computers worked well. Hell, my decade-old 486 computer in my closet could run their POS system just fine.

It's just pure stupidity. But if there is one bit of enjoyment I get from the POS, it's when you escape out of the system and type something like "/dir" and you get a warning message about how you are attempting to hack into the POS and this action will be sent to corporate and involves possible termination. Hilarity![/quote]

Ha, yeah, I've seen that. Anyone know what the POS system is like at say, EB Games, GameCrazy? I'm getting seriously sick of GameStop anymore, and the grass is looking a little greener over there for me. >.>

At least my store finally got the new printer. Whoopee.

Sorry about not being completely on topic, but how long after you buy a subscription do you start getting the magazines in the mail?

bread's done
Back