Think GW will run?

Stargun007

CAGiversary!
I'm really tempted to get Guild Wars, but the system requirements scare me. I meet all of them, except the video card. I'm running an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 with 32MB of memory, and the minimum is supposed to be an 8500. Do you think I'll still be able to run the game at a decent framerate? I'll be fine if I don't have the highest quality graphics, but I still want it to be playable.

Stargun007, I'm really skeptical about an 8500 running the game well, let alone a 7500. Keep on the lookout for cheap cards; I found a Geforce 5200 FX and a Radeon 9250 both for $30.

pimpinc333, it'll run, but it sure won't be pretty. Expect some slowdown.

Edit: oh, I missed the part about it being a Mobility Radeon. Still, if your notebook lets you, you should try to upgrade that.

Actually GW is not a very taxing game. My friend runs a GF4200 (on an XP 1900+) and the game runs mightly smooth at 1024x768 with all settings high. So I dont think it'll be a problem running it at lower resolution w/ medium details on ATI RM7500 or even the MX440 w/ low details.

Yea my Laptop is a AMD 64 3000 at like 1.8Ghz. 512 RAM and the Geforece card. I think i should be ok. I never had any problems with any others games but i think the most graphical game i played was the sims 2 and Sid Meiers Pirates and they worked fine. O and COD and Battlefield played fine too.

I think I have the same laptop as you (Compaq R3000Z). The Visual settings are set to fastest rather than highest quality but the game still runs fine.

[quote name='cheapguy']I think I have the same laptop as you (Compaq R3000Z). The Visual settings are set to fastest rather than highest quality but the game still runs fine.[/QUOTE]

Close i have a HP.

bread's done
Back