THinking about a Dell

Lucasp

CAG Veteran
A week back I posted a thread looking for good deals on Laptops. I stated that I did not want to buy a dell. After lots of price comparisons I am considering a dell. (Incerts foot into mouth)

After the $750 off coupon I can have the following shipped, taxed, and tag for 1269.00.

Dell 9300
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 730 (1.60 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm
6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (53 WHr)
256MB NVIDA® GeForce™ Go 6800
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
40GB Hard Drive

What are your thoughts?

[quote name='danny-o']Yer Gettin A Dell Dooooood!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yer Gettin A Piece of Shit Doooooood!!!!!!
Why dont you buy an EMachine? They are made out of cardboard and paperclips. 800 Dollars with a 800 Dollar Rebate. So worth it.

I think you did well. I work with over 200 Dell machines and servers and dont have alot to complain about. Of course you will get the few individuals who hate Dell either becuase of what they hear or had a bad experience with one, but I think that happens with any brand. Good value for the buckl

I hope you know that 9300 is a HUGE laptop. I have a 5650 myself and am very happy. The 9300 is meant to be a desktop replacement. I think it weighs 8 lbs with battery...

That thing is huge, my buddy at school has one. It's bigger than any of my college course books, not thick wise but height wise. The thing is huge!

That is all

Don't do it!
trap5vq.jpg

I work at staples... anyway i a couple came in the other day looking to buy a monitor for a dell they were going to buy later that day (the guy had a print out to see if he could get a monitor in that would work with it in the store). anyway i was bored and had lots of time so i asked them to see if they would be interested in seeing our cto price as a comparison... they said sure... i built the same computer and it was only 900 dollars... their dell print out was for 2000... p4 512 80gb.... but it was an hp which means it doesnt have propreitary parts... they then bought a samsung monitor 17" lcd 320 with 50 mib (8ms refresh 8!) and a digital camera in a buy with comp special price for a grand total of 1600

summary
Staples Dell
CPU CPU
Monitor
Camera

1400 2000
same exact specs on cpu... and they got media center edition instead of home as their os

DOOD DELL SUX!

[quote name='sphil']I work at staples... anyway i a couple came in the other day looking to buy a monitor for a dell they were going to buy later that day (the guy had a print out to see if he could get a monitor in that would work with it in the store). anyway i was bored and had lots of time so i asked them to see if they would be interested in seeing our cto price as a comparison... they said sure... i built the same computer and it was only 900 dollars... their dell print out was for 2000... p4 512 80gb.... but it was an hp which means it doesnt have propreitary parts... they then bought a samsung monitor 17" lcd 320 with 50 mib (8ms refresh 8!) and a digital camera in a buy with comp special price for a grand total of 1600

summary
Staples Dell
CPU CPU
Monitor
Camera

1400 2000
same exact specs on cpu... and they got media center edition instead of home as their os

DOOD DELL SUX![/QUOTE]

It depends. Dell has some crazy coupons. I got mine with 10% off base price, 10% off upgrades, 35% off final price and free shipping.

[quote name='jesta2817']It depends. Dell has some crazy coupons. I got mine with 10% off base price, 10% off upgrades, 35% off final price and free shipping.[/QUOTE]

thats true... but u only get those discounts IF the system purchased is EXACTLY what is written... they look for ways to weasel out of it, even a small change like extending the warranty will cause u to loose a discount

and they use propreitary parts so u cant upgrade any part or replace any part unless u go through dell... and they charge ridiculous amounts for them

I hate my Dell laptop. Mine and about 4 or 5 of my friends who have them have problems with the LCD hindge breaking. Soon there'll only be one hindge holding up our LCDs and I doubt they'll last long. 2 of my friends have had to replace the AC adaptor within the first year, 1 had to do it 3 times (all bought directly from Dell, not cheap knockoffs). Do not buy a Dell.

bread's done
Back