thinking about selling Jap PS2, need advice.

ManChowder

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I currently have a japanese PS2(fat one) that I bought a while back to play Tekken 4(played in tornaments and the import version came out sooner). It's in good shape and has hardly been used outside of when I played Tekken on it. I'm thinking about selling it here or on Ebay if necessary, seeing as how it's been collecting dust for quite a while.

My question is how much is a fair price to ask for it? I have:

-Japanese PS2 system(no box unfortunately)
-official controller
-original cords/cables
-PS2 S-video cable
-Japanese games(all complete and excellent condition)

-Tekken 4
-Soul Calibur 2
-Rez

I'm looking to clear space in my entertainment system and get some cash to put towards a xbox360.

Also, what would be the best way to ship it?(what carrier I mean), and what would be the expected shipping cost?

thanks for any help you guys can give.

[quote name='ManChowder']I currently have a japanese PS2(fat one) that I bought a while back to play Tekken 4(played in tornaments and the import version came out sooner). It's in good shape and has hardly been used outside of when I played Tekken on it. I'm thinking about selling it here or on Ebay if necessary, seeing as how it's been collecting dust for quite a while.

My question is how much is a fair price to ask for it? I have:

-Japanese PS2 system(no box unfortunately)
-official controller
-original cords/cables
-PS2 S-video cable
-Japanese games(all complete and excellent condition)

-Tekken 4
-Soul Calibur 2
-Rez

I'm looking to clear space in my entertainment system and get some cash to put towards a xbox360.

Also, what would be the best way to ship it?(what carrier I mean), and what would be the expected shipping cost?

thanks for any help you guys can give.[/QUOTE]

How much are you selling the ps2 import ?@!!!

[quote name='rain24']How much are you selling the ps2 import ?@!!![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure yet, that's why I started this thread. I don't want to ask too much and try to screw a fellow CAG, while at the same time I'm hoping to get a good deal on my end.

I got your PM so I 'll let you know when I figure this all out.

[quote name='MadFlava']Is it a PS2 Slim? I might be interested in buying off of you.[/QUOTE]

nah it's a fat one. It's a number of years old(I got it right after Tekken 4 came out in Japan) but works great because I used it so little.

I think somewhere around $200 (maybe a little more) is a fair price.

If a buyer is in no rush to get it, I would ship it USPS Parcel Post with Insurance, or for a little more USPS Priority (also with insurance). Shipping will probably be around $15 - $20 total with insurance and of course delivery confirmation.

I think other carriers will be very expensive. I shipped a GBC game to someone via UPS (total weight w/ box was less than 1/2 a pound and they wanted it shipped UPS rather than USPS First Class so they paid more for shipping) and shipping was $8.xx.

[quote name='rain24']200 seems too much.

a brand new one cost around 200-.-;;[/QUOTE]

i think he's selling it with the 3 games he listed though.

thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

I looked on estarland and didn't see listings for trading in a japanese system, I think a US system gets about $80.
So if $200 is too much would maybe $150-160 with everything(games included) be a fair price?

As for the shipping, that's kind of what I figured it would cost USPS, I was just worried about how they treat their packages sometimes. I'll take your advice however and stick with them, I kind of figured UPS was going to be a ripoff.

Thanks again for all the help, you guys are awesome!

[quote name='thebob101']Keep it.[/QUOTE]

yeah I kind of want to but I doubt that I'll import much of anything else, and I could use the cash towards a 360... that $400 price point is hard to justify to the wife when we have one kid( year and a half old) and another on the way.
Besides I feel good about it knowing some CAG will be getting his" import gaiming on".

rez got reprinted and I don't need rez and the other 2 games. I rather just take the system and etc instead.

$200 or more with the games. If someone wants an import, it's either yours with games, or they can get a new one for $25 more and sacrifice the games.

bread's done
Back